Choctaw Nation Employee Reviews in United States

Its a dog eat dog workplace
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Pocola, OKMarch 5, 2016
I worked there for six years. Before the renovation it was like a family environment but it's always about who you know and management always plays favorites. The only way to move up depends on how well you can suck up. Reason #1 why I stayed in the position I started in. They definitely let you know that if you dont like your job there is always someone that would and how easily you can be replaced.
Pros
Birthday & Cristmas bonus
Cons
Everything else
Loved it!
Server/Host (Former Employee) –  Grant, OKFebruary 18, 2016
Such a bright and lively place to work. Learning experiences and a friendly environment. Always a pleasure to service the guest as we called them
Meeting different people every day
OTB (Current Employee) –  Durant, OKJanuary 11, 2016
Using mathematical skills with money, interacting with guests and coworkers in a professional manner, the hardest part would be handling unprofessional situations from supervisors.
Pros
Good pay for working less days
Cons
Healthcare, no overtime
Productive, great atmosphere
Ward Clerk (Current Employee) –  Poteau, OKJuly 29, 2015
My typical day I work 10 hours shift Monday-Thusday. I sit at at front window at Dr.'s office, i answer phone calls, make appts, provide great customer service,toubleshooting, data entry. I've started out doing registration,ive learned alot since ive been here, there was alot to learn in both positions. great co worker commincations is good. i think the hardest part is just seeing the patients not feeling good,sick some you hear of there passing. I do like working with the public/patients helping out making a difference
Pros
time off is good ex holidays
Cons
dont have any at this time
Beware....wolf in sheep's clothing!!!
Employee (Current Employee) –  Choctaw NationFebruary 20, 2015
All leaders speak out of both sides of their months....
All the promises that are positive about the job and then no job security whatsoever....please think twice or more before excepting a job offer from Choctaw Nation!
benefits
Cons
exactly cons
Horrible Group to Work For
Worker at Travel Plaza (Current Employee) –  Durant, OKFebruary 15, 2015
STAY AWAY FROM THIS GROUP!!! A lot of promise, but very short on delivery and VERY POLITICAL!!! Many of the entities are run by people who have no business sense at all. Their only concern is for them to keep their phony baloney jobs!

STAY AWAY
It's a gas station!
General Employee - Cashier (Former Employee) –  Broken Bow, OKFebruary 10, 2015
I had fun working here, but it was also my first 3rd shift job and I will never work another 3rd shift job if I can avoid it! The Choctaw Nation is great to work for.
Good work enviroment
Mail crew level 1 (Current Employee) –  Durant, OKSeptember 29, 2014
Currently working part time in the mail room labeling over 90,000 mail outs for the nation each month. enjoyable work team and manager. environment is comfortable and relaxed.
Pros
on campus cafatiera
Cons
limited parking
Summary Choctaw Nation
Network Technician (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXAugust 20, 2014
Modified Work schedule on sites for convenience of contractors. Phone access to management anytime. On site training of updated industry equipment.
Pros
per diem, hotel accomodations
Cons
inconsistent work
Overall a great learning experience.
Event Planning Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Durant, OKJuly 14, 2014
My review of Choctaw Nation is all overall very influential. It was a great learning experience. My time with my mentors were great and has an ever lasting imprint on my success as a future colleague.
Horrible place to work
Desk job (Current Employee) –  pocolaMarch 6, 2014
No life outside of work because of hours. They promise you opportunities to advance, only to pull the rug out from underneath you at the last minute...this tends to happen often! Management is a joke and play favorites. After all this, at least you get good benefits. (If one is fortunate to keep them...entire departments get hours cut for months at a time with no warning.) They even offer extra benefits for you if you get cancer from secondhand smoke since you breath in about half a pack a day :)
Pros
health benefits
Cons
everything else
very family Driven
Sr. Project Engineer Construction (Current Employee) –  Durant, OKDecember 4, 2013
Has experience and knowledge of construction methods and activities.Review/interpret engineering drawings, specifications and other design documents; understand project design basis and contractual requirements.Develop construction specifications, scope of work, estimates Prepare construction work packages.Write daily and weekly construction reports. Prepare presentations; make presentation to management/clients; Work with construction QC to resolve any outstanding issue; recommends best practices. Performs engineering work in the field to support construction without much supervision Interfaces with home office engineering, other disciplines.
Pros
nice company car
Cons
far from home
Overall great place to work but to far from home.
Tribal Security Officer (Armed) (Current Employee) –  Durant, OKOctober 8, 2013
A typical day as a security officer is constant patrol of the properties and the protection of the Choctaw nations assets and employees. Overall good place to work.
bad experience
Full-time staff physician (Former Employee) –  Talihina, OKJuly 19, 2012
Choctaw Nation offered a reasonable compensation package. Otherwise this is the worst job I have EVER had.
Pros
reasonable compensation
Cons
everything else
fun and easy way to search for jobs!
(TEMPORARY) Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Durant, OKMay 7, 2012
I honestly love this website not only has it helped thousands of people find employment but it has also helped me personally as well!

2.9