Choice Hotels International Employee Reviews

meet a lot of interesting people coming from out of town
Breakfast Hostess (Current Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYNovember 16, 2016
Go in at 6 a.m., keep food filled and meet customer's needs. I learned from this employment that you have to be flexible. The hotel is under new management, but they have been good to work for. Co-workers are easy to get along with. The hardest part of my job is when it is a really busy day and I am working breakfast by myself, but at the end of the day I pull it off. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing customers leave with a smile on their face.
Pros
always busy and meet interesting people
Cons
working alone when extremely busy
Productive and fun workplace, professional.
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Manheim, PANovember 12, 2016
It is a constant interaction with others, both the staff that works and keeps the hotel running and the customers who stay here. They value being heard and their needs are considered very important to us. We do our best to make them feel truly relaxed, resolving any issues in a timely manner.
comfort inn
Front Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CANovember 11, 2016
Fine for temporary placement.
needs a lot of work and to focus on certain things.
other employees are what make the job.
Hardest part is not being trained properly to handle guest issues
Enterprise Architect (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 9, 2016
Choice is a great place to work. The culture is open and fun. Lots of technical challenges in cutting edge technologies. Great Discounts for employees in Choice hotels.
Review
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Kingsland, GANovember 1, 2016
I did not like working here because the pay was awful and the management did not want to give you a day off and when you made a financial error it was suggested it would be taken from your paycheck which wasn't much in the first place. I did not have a good work experience at Choice Hotels.
Pros
discount on hotels
Cons
the owners always increased the rates.
High profile, fun place to work. Great management and staff.
Front desk associate, (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIOctober 25, 2016
I usually worked the 7 to 3 shift, but sometimes the 3 to11. At the opening shift, I had to see that breakfast was available, The hardest part of the job for me was getting there at 7. I was never late, but I had to be up and out early. The most enjoyable part of the job was making reservations for different cities for traveling clients. Checking people in was fun, too.
Pros
discounts at sister hotels
Cons
no insurance
Productive, fun and welcoming place
Test Engineer III (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 12, 2016
Brilliant co workers, very good initiative, spot on business strategy, nice work culture, good management, fun activities, nice work life balance. I will recommend anyone to join Choice
Fun, relaxing place to work and learn new technology
Opening Services/Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZOctober 9, 2016
Basic work day was challenging and rewarding, great co-workers who shared their experience and knowledge without reservation.
Pros
Treated their employees like people not machines
Cons
not many at all, the occasional snake at the exit door but that's about it
cool place to work
Information Security Engineer (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 30, 2016
This was a cool company to work for. Great environment and great people. They treat the employees nice and the benefits are decent. If you like to work from home this place allows some teams 3 days WFH.
Productive and light environment, ping pong, classic video games and staff events.
Network Analyst (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 27, 2016
I fun and energetic place to work. The culture aids in the stimulation of new ideas and processes. Most management encourages brain storming to problem solve. The company encourages work/life balance and creates multiple events for employee networking and socializing.
Pros
mentally stimulating atmosphere, culture, and enviroment
Cons
none relevant to this company review
Not a good place to work
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 26, 2016
I didn't like working for this company. They were like Hitler when it came to the life and work balance absolutely terrible. I was told I was being considered for a full time position and stopped from putting in my 2week notice and turned down job offers all because of a lie my supervisor told me. I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone.
Pros
Working from home
Cons
The lies, and how nasty they are about schedules
Excellent work environment.
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 29, 2016
Choice Hotels allows work from home option for call center.
On-going training available
Co-workers are similar minded and supportive
Typical work day requires a lot of sitting.
Worked from home
Pros
Well trained staff and staffing
Cons
short breaks
Cleaning is always priority
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Colton, CAAugust 10, 2016
In this company i was learn about the standers, i have a good experience work hard with housekeepers, i was learning to process and systems of the company.
Cons
they dont pay overtime
Productive and fun place to work with ping pong tables
Senior Manager, Content Production & Distribution (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 20, 2016
Collaborative workplace with many IT projects. Ecommerce department in the organization that manages content for all customer facing channels as well the strategic and business policies.
Contract employee
Photo Content Editor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 27, 2016
Great people and place to work. Choice really does a good job with employee culture. The CEO is really down to earth and funny. I am contacted but would take a job here if offered.
Pros
social mixers and free lunches
Cons
no benefits to contractors and work from home not offered to current position
Fast-paced and enjoyable experience.
Front Desk Manager (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 16, 2016
Was a busy environment. Multi-tasking was a must. This created a fast based, yet enjoyable work day. It was seldom boring. Management was always helpful. Team work with fellow employees enabled staff to served the customers very well.
Pros
Vacation program, discounted rooms.
Cons
No insurance, lack of advancement
interesting place to work
Hotel Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 13, 2016
I work mainly overnight 10:00p.m.- 8:00 a.m.

I never work at a hotel before here, i was just happy that the owner took a interest in me and seen my potential to do the job.

I got along with all the other employees right away they were very welcoming & happy to show me the ropes.

The hardest part of the job for me was getting use to working 10 hours over night but i got use to it quickly.

The most enjoyable part was getting to know and meeting all the different types of people i would come in contact with.
Clean, Friendly and quality hotel
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Eldridge, IAApril 7, 2016
I really enjoyed the team work and understanding management. It was a pleasure to serve guests and see satisfied guests.
Pros
Clean and friendly
Cons
alot of laundry
needs complete improvement
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MAMarch 5, 2016
Quality inn while I worked their but now its roadway inn.The management was horrible. Did not enjoy this job. They were not effective in communicating. They did not treat employees fairly.
Pros
Cons
everything from management to cleanliness.
Nice Place to Work
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDFebruary 8, 2016
Choice Hotels is a nice to work, great work and life balance depending on the department and your position within the company. The dynamic has changed due to the new MBO and performance appraisals.
Pros
friendly atmosphere
Cons
lack of transparency -

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Choice Hotels International. Our community is ready to answer.