Choice Hotels International

Choice Hotels International Employee Reviews

Productive and light environment, ping pong, classic video games and staff events.
Network Analyst (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 27, 2016
I fun and energetic place to work. The culture aids in the stimulation of new ideas and processes. Most management encourages brain storming to problem solve. The company encourages work/life balance and creates multiple events for employee networking and socializing.
Pros
mentally stimulating atmosphere, culture, and enviroment
Cons
none relevant to this company review
Not a good place to work
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 26, 2016
I didn't like working for this company. They were like Hitler when it came to the life and work balance absolutely terrible. I was told I was being considered for a full time position and stopped from putting in my 2week notice and turned down job offers all because of a lie my supervisor told me. I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone.
Pros
Working from home
Cons
The lies, and how nasty they are about schedules
Excellent work environment.
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 29, 2016
Choice Hotels allows work from home option for call center.
On-going training available
Co-workers are similar minded and supportive
Typical work day requires a lot of sitting.
Worked from home
Pros
Well trained staff and staffing
Cons
short breaks
Cleaning is always priority
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Colton, CAAugust 10, 2016
In this company i was learn about the standers, i have a good experience work hard with housekeepers, i was learning to process and systems of the company.
Cons
they dont pay overtime
Productive and fun place to work with ping pong tables
Senior Manager, Content Production & Distribution (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 20, 2016
Collaborative workplace with many IT projects. Ecommerce department in the organization that manages content for all customer facing channels as well the strategic and business policies.
Contract employee
Photo Content Editor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 27, 2016
Great people and place to work. Choice really does a good job with employee culture. The CEO is really down to earth and funny. I am contacted but would take a job here if offered.
Pros
social mixers and free lunches
Cons
no benefits to contractors and work from home not offered to current position
Fast-paced and enjoyable experience.
Front Desk Manager (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 16, 2016
Was a busy environment. Multi-tasking was a must. This created a fast based, yet enjoyable work day. It was seldom boring. Management was always helpful. Team work with fellow employees enabled staff to served the customers very well.
Pros
Vacation program, discounted rooms.
Cons
No insurance, lack of advancement
interesting place to work
Hotel Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 13, 2016
I work mainly overnight 10:00p.m.- 8:00 a.m.

I never work at a hotel before here, i was just happy that the owner took a interest in me and seen my potential to do the job.

I got along with all the other employees right away they were very welcoming & happy to show me the ropes.

The hardest part of the job for me was getting use to working 10 hours over night but i got use to it quickly.

The most enjoyable part was getting to know and meeting all the different types of people i would come in contact with.
Clean, Friendly and quality hotel
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Eldridge, IAApril 7, 2016
I really enjoyed the team work and understanding management. It was a pleasure to serve guests and see satisfied guests.
Pros
Clean and friendly
Cons
alot of laundry
needs complete improvement
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MAMarch 5, 2016
Quality inn while I worked their but now its roadway inn.The management was horrible. Did not enjoy this job. They were not effective in communicating. They did not treat employees fairly.
Pros
Cons
everything from management to cleanliness.
Nice Place to Work
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDFebruary 8, 2016
Choice Hotels is a nice to work, great work and life balance depending on the department and your position within the company. The dynamic has changed due to the new MBO and performance appraisals.
Pros
friendly atmosphere
Cons
lack of transparency -
We always try to find a solution for any problem
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 1, 2016
Audit bank,run daily reports,very supportive mangers,and co-workers,correcting credit card errors,greet happy guest,
Pros
FREE LUNCH
Cons
NO FREE PARKING
Clarion MV
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Edgartown, MAJanuary 19, 2016
Working at Clarion MV has been a joy for me for over seven years. The ownership has always welcomed me with open arms, in between college semesters as well as post schooling. My typical day includes sales, inventory, and guest relations. The hardest part of the job is the reason why many people do it in the first place and that is the people. They are always the one big wild card. A good customer can make a day worth it while a bad one can have you wishing it was your day off. When all is said and done it has been a fantastic place to work and any one with the ability to work here should take the opportunity.
Pros
Lunch and Dinner Stipend, Supportive Management, Clear chain of command.
Cons
Technical difficulties such as Computers and Printers.
Productive hard working people, fun place to work
Principal Consultant (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 10, 2016
Lot of new tools to learn, latest technology stack, helping team members. Along with that it is a fun place to work. Regular parties, fooseball and air hockey table...
productive fun environment
Temporary Assignments (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJanuary 6, 2016
Awesome clean, safe building in a upscale area. Friendly honest people. Great benefits! Learning opportunities are plentiful.
Pros
free food
Cons
some weekend hours
Nice working enviroment
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDDecember 29, 2015
Choice Hotels is a very good company to work for; with great knowledgeable people and great perks. A company that seem to care and value their employees. A very good enjoyable atmosphere and excellent working environment
Pros
Nice people
Cons
No employee discount for hotels
great place to work. fun environment
Franchise Sales and Development (New Business) (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDDecember 16, 2015
Loved the company and the people. Great work environment and the company always was willing to listen to ideas and share opinions. On a daily basis I had the opportunity to coordinate and plan my daily activities. Monthly I would prepare and present my sales activities with my Vice President.
The job was fun and easy place to work.
Enjoyed every thing about job and company.
Pros
benefits, pay, great people and places to travel
to long ago to remember
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, CODecember 8, 2015
remember the people calling to make reservations. good management team. gave out new information as soon as possible. center has closed its Grand Junction locations.
Productive and fun
Photo Content Editor (Current Employee) –  Peoria, AZNovember 15, 2015
Awesome place to be employed, staff, amenities, and cleanliness. Love the environment, very relaxed. It also has great benefits and pay.
Excellent experience in Computer Service industry
Property Support Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 8, 2015
I worked a typical eight hour shift. I assisted customers on computer issues they encountered. I learned the importance and value of the computer industry and how customer service can assist both the internal and external customers. Management was supportive in my professional development. Hardest part of the job was the unusual hours (24 hour facility). Most enjoyable part was developing my interest in the information systems and service industry.
Pros
Supportive work environment, rewarding experience
Cons
Unusual work hours

Choice Hotels International Reviews by Location