Choice Hotels International

Choice Hotels International Employee Reviews

Busy workplace with good opportunity for lateral moves, lots of food and fun picnics.
Customer Service Reservation Agent (Former Employee), Grand Junction, COJune 3, 2015
Pros: Free food was frequently featured.
Cons: They closed the office and moved to Phoenix!
Working at Choice Hotels was a great opportunity for me to learn more about the travel industry, while making new friends in our new home in the Grand Valley. A typical day at work was fast-paced and included a lot of talking and explaining, diplomacy, a quick grasp of changing promotions. Management was supportive and encouraging. Co-workers were mostly helpful and fun. The hardest part of the job was when the computer was down, I suppose, because people would have already waited on hold, and were told to call back. The most enjoyable parts of the job were the short commute, the changing schedules, the ability to apply for other temporary positions to learn something new, and of course the monthly birthday cake!
Extremely enjoyable atmosphere
Front Desk Clerk and Breakfast Attendant (Former Employee), Lafayette, LAMarch 26, 2015
Pros: everything was great, i cannot complain
I had the best time of my life while I was working at Comfort Suites by Choice Hotels in Lafayette, Louisiana The management was great. I loved all my co-workers. I enjoyed every minute at work. The guests were interested in finding out more about me. I have learned a lot so I hope to use it in my future. My co-workers were great people and we always tried to meet besides work. We had an excellent team work with the management.
DBA (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 5, 2015
Great and fun place to work. Good place to balance work and life. Highly recommended for those seeking advancement in career.
Good Atmosphere - In a state of CHANGE
Jr. Technical Analyst (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 2, 2015
Interaction with other co-workers was comfortable and most people were willing to assist, even Management and C-Level.

Management is in a state of flux and therefore the workforce is also in a state of flux.
Don't even apply here unless your homeless!!!
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee), Gibsonia, PA.December 5, 2014
Pros: you can watch tv during down time
Cons: no healthcare, no pto, no vacation, sick, personal or holiday benefits.
Worked at a Quality Inn & Suites as a Front Desk Agent. Most days there was too much work for 1 person trying to check people in, answer the phone, do walk ins and deal with nasty customers. Very poor pay with no raises. Management came in an hour or two and left, leaving us to solve the problems he didn't want to deal with. Too much gossip and lazy people who would not do their jobs, but nothing was done because of management is a coward, and it was too hard to replace anyone due to that mentioned above. Management only cared about money and pushing you to lie to all the customer's faces to make sales. Very toxic environment. No fire alarm. Mold between walls. Breakfast made in bathroom! If Choice only knew!!!!!
Productive and fun place with ping pong table.
Graduate Software Intern (Java, JSON, XML) (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZNovember 17, 2014
Productive and fun place with ping pong table. Flexible schedule and nice work culture
Public traded company low compensation for employees
Guest Relations Associate (Former Employee), Minot, NDNovember 1, 2014
Pros: paychecks never bounced.
Cons: lack of consideration for advancement and uncaring management
Low level pay for company to yearly produces excessive yearly profits. Hypocritical job requirements that upper levels of management are required to follow.
Large, international company, but small company, personal feel
Marketing Programs Specialist (Former Employee), Silver Spring, MDOctober 18, 2014
Good place to work. Enjoyed the people, work life balance and advancement opportunities.
Very relaxed
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee), Peachtree City, GAOctober 18, 2014
Pros: many chances to correct any mistakes
Cons: work every weekend
A typical day in the workplace. Do not have much to say. I have learned that if you have nothing good to say.,then why say anything at all.
Productive and fun place with ping pong table
Graduate Software Intern (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZOctober 18, 2014
Work culture and environment is really nice.Cooperative team members
No chance for young elites
IT Consultant (Senior Java/SOA Developer) (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: good work balance
Cons: too bureaucratic. they talks more in terms of power than logic
This company is becoming more and more bureaucratic.There is no much chance for young elites to make progress there.
Reservations Agent/Peer Support (Former Employee), Grand Junction, COAugust 15, 2014
Pros: fun between phone calls
Cons: sat in front of a computer all shift.
Made reservations for international hotels via telephone. Worked with great people.
Choice Cares Services primary assist hotels (Former Employee), Grand Junction, COJanuary 24, 2014
Pros: treated everyone as equal
Cons: there was no cons until they closed the doors
Choice Hotels was a great place to work, they took care of there employees and in return employees took care of them.
I learned many different task and received a lot of training and also received many awards from where I was able to put my training in action. This was a place where you (I) looked forward to go to work.

My resume is broke down in a normal days work.

Even though I lost my Job to a place I was loyal to after 18yrs I still have nothing bad to say.

I would still be with them if they did not close the local building in Orchard Mesa.
was great place to work they reconized ther employees.
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Grand Junction, COJanuary 1, 2014
Pros: visits from hotels.
Cons: job was outsorced.
was a great place to work, had great benefits. was able to lear many different areas of the compnay to provide great cutomer service to guest.
Productive and fun location to be employed
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Grand Junction, CODecember 12, 2013
Pros: pleasant atmosphere
Cons: half hour lunch
a very rewarding location to be employed. Strong work ethic and values. Management willing to work with regarding time of for school and person reasons. Environment enjoyable and stress free.
Solidly Average Work Place
Reservation Specialist/Customer Relations (Former Employee), Minot, NDNovember 18, 2013
Management was hit or miss with little to no coaching or continued training, which directly effected advancement. Management was also quick to pull the trigger when it came to releasing employees from their job. Scheduling was based on seniority so new hires were discouraged right out of the gate and getting days off were not in the equation. Unless you could get someone to cover your shift, which you would have to pay for most of the time. Compensation was decent if you were able to achieve the bonus categories, some of which were slightly unrealistic.
Nice work environment
Senior Front End Developer (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZNovember 13, 2013
Cons: no telecommuting
Less to no pressure
Cannot work remotely .
Quick deadlines.
Start up
Positive Environment
Events Manager (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 8, 2013
I enjoyed working with the guests and looked forward to going to work every day, including weekends when necessary. I am an outgoing person who enjoys working with people. I would have loved to continue to grow within the company but due to new management and budget cuts my position was eliminated.
Enjoyable, fun place to work, provided meals at times.
Phone Sales Representative (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZSeptember 12, 2013
Pros: affiiated hotels brought food and other items to call center. enjoyable and fun.
Cons: the company moved the call center to two other states, leaving the employees without a job.
Inbound calls to make reservations for clients. Customer service. Talk with affiliated hotel staff that visited the call center.
decent place
front desk, night audit (Former Employee), Bryson City, NCAugust 27, 2013
Pros: hours were flexible
Cons: no benefits
learned front desk and audit here - was a fun place to work, the staff were nice and very helpful

1 2 3

About Choice Hotels International

Choice Hotels International is one of the largest and most successful lodging franchisors in the world. Built on the foundation – Read more

Choice Hotels International Salaries