Choice Hotels International Employee Reviews

The definition of overworked and underpaid.
Receptionist, others (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaOctober 13, 2017
Very disappointed in my time here at choice hotels. I have been cross trained for multiple areas and do not feel we are adequately paid for any position.
Pros
Discount on stays with choice hotels
Cons
No breaks, no benefits, stressful work environment, work off the clock
Easy going job
housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Spearfish, SDOctober 3, 2017
I enjoyed housekeeping because it taught me how to pay attention to small detail in every room and to make sure I live up to the managers expectations to make every room look enjoyable to stay in.
Pros
Pace of job is up to you
Cons
Not many hours
Nice but disappointing
House keeper (Former Employee) –  Sidney, NESeptember 23, 2017
I was super excited to start working here and then when they finally put me on the other housekeepers(girls) were snobby and rude (heather , mik-aylee and Cina ) i spoke to the new manager briefly and he was very rude as well. It was very disappointing. I went home crying most days .
Pros
Discounts /relocating opportunities
Cons
The employees
Loved everyone there, dirty, fast paced
Comfort suites (Former Employee) –  Bozeman, MTSeptember 19, 2017
The work there was sorta hard, very fast paced, and sometimes very dirty. My back would usually hurt everyday all day, the pay was good and everyone that worked there are amazing. I loved the people I met working there. But they are not good with being cooperative with days off
Pros
Discounts on rooms
Cons
Dirty cleaning rooms
environ
NIGHT MANAGER/AUDITOR (Current Employee) –  Nonesuch Point, MESeptember 19, 2017
modest, but cool, no future prospect to advance
good for students
pay not a living wage
clean working environ
you are the sole charge of the place
deal with gruffy guests.
Pros
easy
Cons
low pay
Worked there short time a decade ago.
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDSeptember 8, 2017
Worked there short time a decade ago. I can't really speak to the current work atmosphere there as it has been a long period of time since I last worked there and I was only there for a few months.
Managers are not Happy
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, GAAugust 22, 2017
Although the job itself is great and satisfactory, the environment in which to perform is not the best. You are not guaranteed a number of hours per week, you are treated as a second class citizen, and disrespected and put down for no reason.
Pros
Customer service centered
Cons
Management have no manners
General Manager
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Richfield, UTAugust 21, 2017
Managed 17 employees managed scheduling, payroll, house keeping on 63 room hotel. Received many awards for cleanliness and reviews from guests and corporate offices.
Pros
Challenge
Cons
Pay and Benifits
Excellent Place to work
Quality Analyst (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 19, 2017
Excellent Place to work as this company has a great working environment. Everyone respects each other and supports whenever needed. In order to enhance skills, management always encourage employees to learn new technologies and provide needed assistance.
Expose to lots of trades
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDAugust 18, 2017
Great place to work and has lots of trade in which you can inrich of information. Learn great client relations and be good a schedule work. Fast pace projects.
Pros
Great exposer
Cons
Very large scale company
It was a good company
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Williston, NDAugust 14, 2017
Great company to work for good bosses and great staff, depending on which property you work for. The pay was lower than I would have liked with my experience, but good benefits. As long as you get the required hours to receive benefits.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
not enough hours
Director, Planning (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDAugust 10, 2017
Choice Hotels was a decent place to work Good opportunities for advancement, and the senior team was always accessible. Would definitely work here again.
Pros
training opps
benefits
Always a new smiling face
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCAugust 9, 2017
A typical day at work includes: clocking in, counting the drawer for appropriate funds before the shift began, doing reports, checking guests in and out of the hotel, accommodating guests during their stay, selling rooms, collecting funds, and recounting the appropriate funds before clocking out for the day. With this job, I learned how to treat others with respect, whether or not they treated you the same; I learned how to communicate in a way that improved others day; and I learned how to become more responsible for myself and the identity of others. Management was excellent and very supportive. The workplace culture was fun and you always met new people. The hardest part of the job was dealing with rude guests. While the most enjoyable part of the job was making someone else's day.
Pros
Meeting and greeting new people
Cons
Dealing with rude people; No advancement benefits
summary
Email Technician/Call Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COJuly 30, 2017
Choice Hotels was a great company to work for until they decided to outsource our jobs and lay off over 200 employees. They were fair and fun to work for.
N/a
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 18, 2017
Working at Cambria Suites was great. The management is great and they always listen to everyone's concerns. A typical work day was smooth and easy. I enjoyed my time here.
Choice hotels opinion
Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 6, 2017
The pay could be much better as well as the benefits. This job is perfect to work for someone in college, but not for someone seeking a career with family benefits.
Pros
really good shift hours
Cons
no benefits, no PTO, minimum advancement in franchise locations.
Do not take except as a second job safety net
AUDITOR and FRONT DESK (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 27, 2017
This was the worst dead end job I have ever had, but the people that worked there were great. The owners were nice, but focused only on spending less while expecting management to drive more revenue. I walked away from a management opportunity here because I saw it only as an opportunity to fail. One of the easiest jobs I ever had, but also one of the lowest paying jobs I had in awhile.
Pros
Lots of down time, great people to work with
Cons
Very poor work environment
Hospitality, Customer Service
Choice Privileges (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COJune 20, 2017
As an agent your day was very busy from the time you arrived until the time you left. A typical day you be taking 100 plus calls making hotel reservation. As a supervisor you listened to each agent to assure customer service was attained. You would have up to 25 agents.

As an agent the management was fun they always tried to make work fun. The hardest part of the job was non stop calls unless you had a break or lunch. Very fast paced work and you had to pay attention to avoid mistakes. The most enjoyable part was the interaction with the customer's.

Choice Hotels has since closed the call center in Grand Junction.
Pros
Enjoyed job as an agent and supervisor
Cons
Company has since closed call center
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJune 19, 2017
Boss was great to work for. Staff very easy to work with. Housekeeping did great job. Usually worked night shift. Met many types of people which I enjoyed.
Pros
Over all great place to work.
Cons
drunk customers
Great place to work and grow
Customer Relations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 13, 2017
All the staff and doctors work well together to create and pleasant work environment. Home and work life are juggled well. There are welcoming smiling faces down each hall in the entire facility.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Choice Hotels International. Our community is ready to answer.