Choice Schools Associates Employee Reviews

High pace enviorment with multitasking and wide range of interaction from children to service vendors
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMarch 30, 2016
I enjoy my job, I feel it is the best of both worlds...I can be on a conference call with the state for compliance reporting and at the same time taking a temperature of a kindergartener who does not feel well. I love children but I also enjoy representing the business aspect of the school system. My daily tasks range from paying bills and creating purchase orders to running the lunch program and reporting all pupil accounting to the state.
Pros
co-workers, teamwork, family atmosphere
Cons
no mobility
It was a good starting point for me
teacher (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MIDecember 10, 2015
I worked part- time and did not see room for advancement, it was nearly impossible to function in the job with no classroom, so I had to move onto a full-time position, that allowed for growth and a nice size room. I did love the people I worked with, they were fun, and I enjoyed coming to work and doing my job. The building is small and not equipped with everything it really needs to function well.
Pros
Good pay for part-time, good benifits, small class sizes
Cons
Worked more than the 25 hours a week at times, no advancement, no classroom
I was pretty much my own boss.
Latchkey Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJune 23, 2014
I was able to give a complete service to my students and their parents. I enjoyed every part of my job. I received support from the families. I will truly miss each student.
Pros
fun fun fun
Cons
a lot of work done off the clock
Work at Charles Drew Academy
Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Ecorse, MIJanuary 16, 2014
A typical day at work includes that I supervise the children at breakfast, help students with classwork, sometimes I am substituting for the teachers and or secretary, I supervise children at lunch,contiunuing my day with more classroom assistance, and then after school tutoring.

4.4