The Care Coordinator is responsible for completing a comprehensive strengths-based assessment of the individual, working in full partnership with team members to develop a plan of care, overseeing the implementation of the plan, identifying providers of services or family-based resources, facilitating monthly community team meetings, making regular home visits, monitoring all services authorized for client care, and authorizing all care to maintain fiscal accountability. The Care Coordinator assures care is delivered in a manner consistent with strength-based, family-centered, and culturally competent values, offers consultation and education to all providers regarding the values of the model, monitors progress toward treatment goals, and assures that all necessary data for evaluation is gathered and recorded.
1. Minimum of bachelor degree in social work or related human service field is required in most contracts. Master’s degree in social work or related human service field is preferred and may be required by some contracts.
2. Three years of clinical/management experience in human services field preferred.
3. Demonstrated two or more years of clinical intervention skills.
4. Demonstrated skill in fiscal management activities, team building and development.
5. Strong knowledge of and genuine respect for youth and adults with mental health issues and a firm commitment to empowering their families.
6. Strong communication and writing skills. Bilingual skills (especially Spanish) a plus.
7. Be certified in the CANS within 45 days of hire and at all times beyond the first 45 days of employment.
8. Highly organized, detail oriented.
9. Must possess a valid driver’s license in state of residence and auto insurance.
10. Demonstrated ability to
- Work effectively with internal and external individuals, including other professionals in the community.
- Work effectively as a member of a team.
- Effectively communicate to various internal and external audiences in both person and through various electronic media.
- Manage time and work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Effectively manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
Choices offers excellent benefits and training. Interested in this position? To learn more about our organization and to fill out an online application, please visit www.choicesteam.org. EOE.