CHOICES Employee Reviews in United States

very high turn around for employees
Drug And Alcohol Abuse Counselor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 25, 2016
Employees don't stay long here due to the fact the pay is low and the work load is extremely high. The pressure of the day to day things isn't nearly represented in the pay. Company has a long way to go to ensure employees are happy and secure with their jobs.
Productive and cool place to work
Patient Education/Advocate (Current Employee) –  MEMPHIS TNSeptember 28, 2015
This job is very cool place to be,I enjoy every bit of it.There is never a dull momment.Personally I feel that the best part is knowing that I can make someones day better than it was before their visit.
Extreme positive environment, close knitted staff
CLIENT ADVOCATE/ SUPPORT GROUP SPECIALIST INTERN (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHSeptember 1, 2015
Having the opportunity to intern at Choices, gave me the independence and freedom to explore what I needed out of my degree, the staff welcomed me with open arms, they were always open to new ideas and constantly working to improve.
Pros
postive environment, allow memebers to put in input of there needs
Cons
not enough funding
Great supportive employer
Contract Adoption Social Worker (Current Employee) –  various places in the province.July 21, 2015
I am an independent contractor. There is no predictability around how much work or when I will be offered work. I feel very well supportive and valued by this agency. It is a great agency to work for.
Pros
I enjoy the work
Cons
Income is unpredictable.
Extremely Challenging
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYJuly 6, 2015
Working at choices was extremely hard. Not the job itself but the act that was being performed. Its a wonderful expeirence and the staff is wonderful.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Day at work
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZJune 25, 2015
Very bad communication, rude RN. They don't provide help when you need help on the job. If your sick or have death in the family they still make you come into work. The residents are very nice and caring.
Enjoyed working here
Executive/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Johnstown, PAJune 18, 2015
Promoted to Executive Assistant in October 2014 and in June 2015 company is downsizing and eliminating my position. I have enjoyed working here the past 10 years. My typical day at work right now is checking emails and fingerprinting people. I have learned so much it's hard to put into words. I am willing to learn new things and I get along with almost anyone. The hardest part of my job now is there is not much for me to do and I would rather be busy. The most enjoyable part of my job is the friendships that have been made over the years.
Pros
Free cell phone
Cons
Nothing to do at this time
Yogurt
customer service (Former Employee) –  pasadena, caJune 1, 2015
Taste testing was the best,
Managers were always on schedule.
Breaks were mandatory
Smiling is a MUST or they question your need for the job
Pros
free yogurt
Cons
24/7 smiling or it goes on your record
Nice place to work.
Director of Clinical Services (Current Employee) –  Kingston, PAMay 30, 2015
Wonderful staff who have genuine concern for patient care. Growing company that prides itself on being a pioneer in chemical dependency treatment.
Pros
Dedicated employees
Cons
Distance from home.
stress free
In home attendant (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAFebruary 16, 2015
it is usually just you and the client (disabled adult) so as long as you do your job and keep the client happy you are free to read or whatever.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
the client can fire you and then you are out of work until the company finds you a new client
School project
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  AtlantaOctober 20, 2014
being a Producer for this production allowed me to understand the complexities of film making.
Pros
the overall filming experience
Cons
getting others to respect set etiquette.
good company
home healthcare (Former Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVJuly 17, 2014
great job over all just not enogh hours to cover gas to work and from
provide in home care
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Maryville, TNJune 10, 2014
cook, clean, give meds, bathe take patients to the Dr. patient safety is number one1
Pros
excellent money
Cons
its hard to get your check on time
Productive and good learning skill
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salina, KSMay 26, 2014
The two houses i worked at had real nice coworkers. I worked with disabled children and adults within their own home. The most enjoyable parts making the residents laugh.
Cons
sleep at the house
Virtual assistance company
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rock Valley, IAMarch 28, 2014
Business that caters to companies on a virtual environment.
caring for the eldery
Home care assistant (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHMarch 19, 2014
working five times a week. I love this company been here almost five years.
Great company
Care Provider (Former Employee) –  Arcadia, CaNovember 7, 2013
A company that provided individuals to gain independence and the ability to learn social skills. The co-workers were cooperative and understanding. The most rewarding part of the job was to be able to see my clients become a part of the Disability Rights State of California.
Everyday job
STNA/HHA (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 30, 2013
I had worked for this company daily. They gave no paid vacations nor and paid sick time. I was my own boss, learning many skilled services that I would be required to do on a daily basis. I learned how to do a bowel stem, change indwelling catheters to stage 4 wound care. The hardest part of my job was to watch on a daily basis the deterioration of my parents quality of life. I have had a lot of enjoyable time with my parents so of which I would have never had had I not been their total care giver. Typically my day would start with coffee and medication. Then help get both dressed for the day, transfer Dad to wheelchair and check to see if any doctors appointments were for the day or what was scheduled. Do any type of housework be it cleaning or laundry, check to see if anything was needed from the store. If there were things that were needed to make sure they were purchased and delivered that evening when I returned. Make sure they have a good breakfast and then return in the evening to make sure they have taken their night medication and clean up the kitchen from the day and put Dad back to bed.
Pros
quality time with parents
Cons
every day that ended in "y" no days off.
Fun place to work, all the time learning from clients and co-workers, freedom of action.
Substance Abuse Counselor (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 6, 2012
In the scale of one to ten being ten the most I gave the company an eight.
Pros
constant learning experiences
Enjoyed the work
Children's Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Luray, VAOctober 31, 2012
Each day was different, never the same. Sometimes you would walk into a crisis maybe a mother just got beat up by her boy friend or husband and decided today that was enough. She would show up on the door step looking for a place to stay, or maybe she called before, but decided he won't hit me again believing what he told her over and over. Finally she gathers her children and looks for a safe place to raise them, without fear of her children or her getting hurt again. The hardest part of the job was knowing the fear they lived and seeing the hurt in the eyes of the young children and the mother. This kind of hurt leaves such a scar on their lives. I learned to listen, most the time that's the most important part, just for them to be able to open up and talk or cry what ever they feel like they need to do to get the pain out. Each person deals with pain in different ways.
But then there were the rewards, when maybe mom got the job she needed so badly, or the child passed the Spelling test after we practiced so hard. Or maybe they found an apartment they could get a fresh start in. The smiles, the laughs the hugs, or maybe it was just something as simple as a new backpack filled with all the things that was needed to start a new school that they could take their pick from among the school supplies that had been provided just for them.
Pros
working close with the children and mothers, hopefully helping them in some way.
Cons
pay being based on grants.