Chop't Creative Salad Company Employee Reviews

Fast paced , quick development
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Greenwich, CTDecember 20, 2017
Have to be ready for work, punch in on time. Best to get to know the menu. Set up for shift it will make the day easier. Be ready for long hours of standing and serving costumers.
Pros
Quick development
Cons
Short lunch breaks
Fast paste but horrible people and drama
Chopper (Former Employee) –  Times Square, NYDecember 5, 2017
Depending on which one you work in , I am speaking for the one in Times Square ! It was horrible ! The people where really racist and only stuck to their “favorites” the ones who did anything and everything . It should not be that way . People either talked or had something personal going on amongs each other in order to stay more than 2-3 months . Biased is my best way to explain it . Wouldn’t recommend it unless you had no other option and need the money
Pros
Free meal
Cons
Bias, managers are fonny and have attitudes all the time
Have nice and cheerful leadership
Cashier (Former Employee) –  New Hyde Park, NYDecember 2, 2017
Great place to work with, friendly staff, cheerful manager! And delicious healthy salad for free! There is room for grow. The training course is excellent!
Pros
Free meal, Easy training course, friendly staff, cheerful management!
Chopt is a place to work if you are a teenager dont care about where you work
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 25, 2017
I have worked here for about half a year this place is very sales driven and does not really care about everyone. They pick favorites and that's the ones who get promoted. When a regular employee gets promoted based on if they suck up they usually power trip and don't do work. If you are looking for advancement and for a good reliable job then I would look elsewhere. It is not all bad the pay is decent compared to other fast food and you get a free salad every day you work and PTO also a discount and there were some good managers who cared about you. Other than look forward to getting scheduled double shifts staying hours passed closed. Management training is a must here they should not make the money they make for sitting down and being on the phone while giving out orders.
Pros
Free salad, discounts PTO
Cons
Management, double shifts, long hours
It was a decent job
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 25, 2017
This place was my first job and it wasnt an easy one. I think if I had had more experience things wouldve been fine. The owner was pretty harsh toward me. He personally asked for me to be fired.
Favortism and serious lack of hours
Assembler/Chopper (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 4, 2017
At first I was excited about working here but the hours are awful. Promises of more hours and advancement are always empty. The favoritism is too real. The training was awful and management chooses who they want to further train without giving "everyone" a chance. The hours I communicated I could work was given to someone else. The pay rate sounds good but it's nothing when you're not even getting the hours. People are quitting and the hours are like 7 hours one week, 30 hours the next, then 15 hours the next week.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Awful hours, favortism, no real opportunity for growth
its minimum wage it is what it is
CHOP'T Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 23, 2017
very fast paced but its food so be prepared for people to act like its a 5 star restaurant. Shifts are easy but if they don't need you your hours get cut.
Pros
nice shirts
Cons
no free lunch
Work place culture
General Manager (Former Employee) –  DC, DCJanuary 23, 2017
No room to grow management take advantage of position...leaving early, favoritism. Long hours, turn over. Staffinglevelslow, No dish ashing machines even at the busiestlocations.
Fast Speed/ Stressful but exciting
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 23, 2016
A typical day at work is prepping all food before the lunch rush starts. We have to be ready for a smooth and successful day as a team; making sure everyone in the team is ready to go. The team is such a small group everyone becomes like family. However, we are faced with the busy lunch rush that everyone becomes stress about making sure we serve all people with great customer service.
Pros
Experience gained
Cons
Doesn't pay well
It's a rush in which I love but the hours were not working out for me at all.
Chopper (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 2, 2016
I loved working through the store from the dinning area to the BOH and FOH. However, I was only used for the rush in which I had experience in prepping and cooking.
Pros
Free lunch if they see you working hard
Cons
No hours
i wasn't there for long
Cashier (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 9, 2016
job was cool
liked my co workers
everyone was nice
didn't like the manager so much
i went on vacation and lost my job
came back and i wasn't on the paper
chop
cashier (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJuly 2, 2016
depending on where you worked at and who your manager was working here was stressful at time lines out the door only thing I liked about this job was seeing the celebrities
Amazing place.. amazing people!
Headquarters (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 11, 2015
Chopt is an incredible place to work - they have selected an amazing group of people who really care about the company and believe in the core values. We are always striving to be BETTER - whether that's with the people we hire and the food we source. Employees are treated very well and given tons of training, growth and development opportunities, and responsibility. I can honestly say I look forward to going to work each day. Benefits are good and will only get better as the company continues to grow rapidly. The CEO/founders are super involved, so friendly, and a pleasure to be around. So lucky to have found a team and culture as great as Chopt's!
Pros
ceo/founders down to earth / involved, employee meal benefits, lunches
Challenging Fun Environment
training & development (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 2, 2015
I consider myself lucky to have been chosen by Chopt. The selection process is intense because they do not bring inferior or mediocre talent on board. Senior leadership is outstanding, operators very engaged - everyone is extremely driven and focused on the same aligned goal!
Pros
Good benefits, fun co-workers, great happy hours, fun friday lunches with great food offerings
Cons
?
Everyday work
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 3, 2015
Working here has been enjoyable. Easy fast paced job that you can learn quick. Decent hour and pay for what you do. The management is understanding and easy to talk to.
Pros
Eat healthy
Productive and fun environment
Cashier, Team Leader (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 28, 2015
There were hard days and easy day but the team was fun to wok with. Learned to work in a team in which we all work cordially. Managers help you when help was needed and made your concerns a priority
It's something new to help you learn about customer service
Chopper (Former Employee) –  WashingtonJune 29, 2015
A typical day was sometimes slow and then there where some day when we had a business lunch hour rush. I learned how to make a salad in ways I didn't think was possible. I had to use a mezzaluna to chop the lettuce and it is not as easy as it seem to be. You have to be every careful when using a mezzaluna before you could really cause a serious injury to hand or wrist. The management was ok and sometimes hard to reason with. The co-workers where very understandable and easy to work with. The hardest part about working at chop't was during rush hour and using a mezzaluna. Sometimes the mezzaluna would slip out of my hands and that was sometimes scary and fearful of the other employees. The enjoyable day was when the lunch hour passed.
Pros
Learnign how to use a mezzaluna
Cons
The managment team was hard to please
Place for Growth
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 10, 2015
As an emplyee of a resturant I have learned how to use a knife to prep certain produce. I got the opportunity to get promoted and become a Shift Supervisor which greatened my skills. Not only was I able to use my customer service skills but was able to conduct meetings, set employee schedules and control budgets.
The management was there to support my decisions. We worked well as a team that allowed us to meet projected sales. The co-workers also learned to work as a team. They were like a family, helping and looking out for each other.
After working there for some time now, I must say that the most difficult part of the job is pleasing every customer. As hard as we try to make every customers experience the best expereince, there are customers who would not be pleased. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the staff and seeing the happy faces of the customers as they walk out after having a good experience.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Productive busy work environment
Chopper (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 18, 2014
Preparing food and taking customers orders.
I learned how to work in a fast paced work environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chop't Creative Salad Company. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9