Choptank Transport Employee Reviews

You won't feel valued here
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Preston, MDNovember 25, 2017
Choptank Transport is a company that preaches how important their employees are, yet they continuously don't treat their employees like they matter. Management is unwilling to help their employees when a problem arises, and instead of talking about it in a productive manner and planning out the best way to improve performance they demand it improves immediately. Co-workers aren't the most pleasant to work with most of the time, but they are better than management. Lack of empathy is apparent. If you want to feel valued in a company, do not work here.
Cons
health care costs, negative work environment, poor management
Fun, fast paced environment
Broker (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 8, 2017
This is an aggressive sales company that requires commitment around the clock to be successful. The only part that was tough was the Atlanta office's lack of team support.
Decent pay
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 4, 2017
Worked in a branch office, so job culture is not really a highlight. I'm sure the corporate office's culture is a lot more vibrant and colorful. The pay is fair, but I believe that some of the competition offers better incentives. This is more based around salary base and you only get commission if you hit a certain #. What really ground my gears is that the slackers would make the base pay, and if I was $1 shy of my spiff goal of $5000 (for example), I also received the same amount of base pay. Other than that, you can certainly make a decent steady living here, especially if you can manage accounts and sales. Here's a big deal, if you are not able to cold call everyday at work, then this place is not for you. Not that I couldn't do it, but after so long, it wears away at you when you're hitting all your #'s except call counts and they want you to become a telemarketer it seems.
If I hadn't moved, I'd probably still be working here.
Pros
Decent pay, honest management.
Cons
Cold calling, spiff structure
Productive place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Preston, MDMarch 20, 2017
It's a place for older people to work in
I want to start a career where I'm young and enjoy my work life!
It's a growing company, it's very up beat but very complicated
Pros
Catered lunch, break rooms
Cons
Benefits are expensive
Good place to work good energy
Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXMarch 19, 2017
Choptank is a great company, but the pay is horrible. If you are just starting out in the industry it's a great place to start but when bringing people in with tenure in the Logistics industry the pay should be comprable to the skill set
Pros
Healthy work environment
Cons
its a 24 hour job and the proper tools are not provided to handle it 24-7. The pay is horrible .
Solid Foundation
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Preston, MDNovember 10, 2015
Progressive company with bonus financial incentives and benefit package. Team oriented work place. Friday free lunch. Location was problematic and not convenient. Good people. Always challenging and interesting.
Former employee who wishes she could have got the day shift
Pt Track and trace coordinator (Former Employee) –  Preston, MDOctober 13, 2015
Be prepared to be on the phone all night. Must have a lot of patience. Some coworkers seem friendly at first then you realize how immature and childish they are. The day shift gets all the rewards the night shift does not. Growing company the managers seem nice. If your immediate supervisor does not like you get more work then anybody else.
Pros
the pay
Cons
night shift, coworkers, benefits
Great experience for Sales
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Preston, MDJuly 15, 2015
Logistics Sales is a tough job. You're in the business of transporting commodities. Either everybody needs you or nobody needs you, depending on what you're transporting and the time of the year. If everybody needs you, you're actually competing against a million of other people just like you who are calling them every day. So how do you differentiate? The trick to this job is to build relationships.

You'll find no better company to work for in the logistics industry. They take care of the employees and always have your back. The real question is if logistics is for you. If it is, go ahead and apply.
Pros
Great management, transparency, and you can learn a lot.
Cons
High learning curve at first, then it gets stagnant.
Growing company - constantly doing something for employees
Accounting (Current Employee) –  Preston, MDAugust 25, 2014
Work is fast paced because company is constantly growing. Plenty of room for growth. Management is always rewarding employees with free lunch, ice cream days, drawings, etc. Co-workers are always willing to help. Management is open to new ideas.
Pros
Massage days
Cons
Busy environment
Stressful
Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Preston, MDJuly 27, 2014
This job is very stressful and time consuming. If you have a family that demands time. This may not be the job, as this is a 24/7 job position. Some nights seem to not end and weekends are sometimes impossible to plan anything. The stress of the job with quotas to meet and issues that may arise make the job take its toll. The bonus program is great if you have the freight with money to move it other wise most do not see any type of bonus compensation.
Pros
bonus
Cons
stress, 24/7 job
Productive and laid back
Logistics Specialist (Current Employee) –  Preston, MDAugust 7, 2013
Very tedious job, on call 24/7. Not a good career if you enjoy you're time off away from the job.
I was a logistical team lead for a 3rd party brokerage.
Logistical Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Preston, MDMay 21, 2012
We handled truckload shipments for different customers. I was assigned a team and goals. I handle every detail from talking with customers, to finding a carrier, and insuring the product arrived on time and in a safe manner.
Pros
bonus
Cons
i was on call 24/7

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Choptank Transport. Our community is ready to answer.

Choptank Transport Reviews by Location