CHR Employee Reviews

Unorganized management and favoritsm
Parent Navigator (Former Employee) –  Norwich, CTOctober 17, 2017
Though most time was spent in the field, time spent in the office was stressful and lacking managerial support. Management openly criticized employees behind their back creating an atmosphere of distrust and paranoia. This could be a fantastic opportunity to serve the community with proper managerial support. No training program then punitive measures when you are missing paperwork you did not know existed.
Pros
Benefits, clients
Do not work here
Resident Assistant (RA) (Current Employee) –  Putnam, CTJuly 14, 2017
I found my experience at CHR horrible. When I work at my program a worker was involved in a inappropriate relationship with a supervisor which was covered up. I was encouraged to ratt out my coworkers. I worked hard at my job often times covering shifts that people called out from because they had acruide sick time. People will stab you in the back
Pros
Benifits
Cons
c oworkers, job
Terrible Management and administrative staff.
Case Management (Former Employee) –  Manchester, CTMay 10, 2017
Supervisors and administrators represent incompetence, insecurity, and an all boys club attitude. They are uninformed and unconcerned with direct care staff. Most supervisors and directors are more mentally ill than the cliend they serve. Sad. You are treated as easily replaceable. No wider they habe so many job openings at their agency....
Pros
Its a job
Cons
You are undervalued, underminded, and punished for being brighter, smarter, and ethically responsible
Horrible management
Supportive Housing Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Manchester, CTApril 30, 2017
I wouldn't recommend this job to my worst enemy. Supervisors are quick to write you up for little things and are not open to new ideas. Management is not supportive of their workers in the least bit. Overall a horrible place to work for your own mental health and well being
Pros
Cons
Upper management is horrible
Innovative company and good place to work
GIS/CAD Manager (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXApril 12, 2016
With the ever evolving Telecommunications industry, CHR continuously strives to outperform the competition with its Engineering Services packages. The staff are wonderful people who are well versed in their skills. Overall it is a good company to work for.
Challenging
Residential Aide/CHR (Current Employee) –  Putnam, CTMarch 1, 2016
Poor management at the Putnam program. Management hiring practices are poor and there is very little training time. Co-workers under-mind each other.
Housing Support Specialist
Housing support specialist (Former Employee) –  Enfield, CTDecember 11, 2015
Beware of management a lot of favoratism. Supervisors are dinosaurs and do not want any new ideas or creativity brought to the position. Good luck... Very aggressive and rude
Pros
Non
Fun workplace
Manager at Digital & Execution (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 4, 2015
I do not wish to disclose any information. I truly appreciate you asking, however I am just exercising my constitutional write to remain in silence.
retail/customer service a must
Night Mgr/Deli Mgr (Former Employee) –  Abbotstown, PAJuly 5, 2015
The store I worked in was in a small town. almost all our customers were regulars. I liked the work and the customers. I kept getting conflicting orders of how to handle things. Upper management had good concepts but the store manager "intrepted" things differently then me.
Pros
decent pay. good benefits
Cons
store managers are way too stressed out
this was worth the experience
IT Technician (Former Employee) –  York, PAJune 2, 2015
handling a lot of responsibility and pressure on a daily basis, dedicating all your time to the company. this was a good job and worth gaining more knowledge of technology.
Pros
free drinks while working
Greatest Learning Experience
Executive Vice President (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 21, 2014
A fast growth company = recognized every year by the Houston Business Journal
Pros
Speed & Agility
Cons
Job Security
Unstable management
CAC Counselor (Former Employee) –  Putnam CTJanuary 30, 2014
The clients were wonderful to work with for the most part - I was able to create great report with all clients in the Milestone, New Life and Pathways programs I work in for the six years I was employed. Unfortunately CHR took over for a smaller company resulting in as many as four Program Director's in one year with their own ideas of how the programs should run. Most lacked the knowledge of the program and the population. This resulted in a great decline in the quality of services as well as client outcomes. The most enjoyable part of the job along with the clients were my co-workers all attempting to stay current with the numerous changes and program protocols.
Pros
Clients - co-workers
Cons
Unstable management on all levels
Great place to work if yu dont have a family.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXSeptember 21, 2013
I worked for the In home Wiring division of CHR.
If they have work for you most of it is over the road 30 days at a time.
Cons
Over the road 30 days at a time.
Very stressful environment but very good activity dept
CNA (Current Employee) –  Township of Coal, PANovember 18, 2012
The most enjoyable part of my job is taking care of the residents. The hardest part are coworkers attitudes when we are under staffed, I try to make the best of my day no matter and treat everyone the way I would want to be treated.
Pros
meeting new residents and hearing about them
Cons
sometimes no breaks and being mandated very often
customer service
Team Member (Former Employee) –  York, PAAugust 21, 2012
*customer service
*dealing with money
*deli
*stocking
*shipments
Customer service and team work.
Team Representative (Current Employee) –  Shrewsbury, PAApril 19, 2012
I enjoy interacting and helping the customers. Everyday is different, new customers and regular customers, building relationships.
Pros
free hot and cold beverages.
Cons
on your feet all day.