CHRIST COMMUNITY HEALTH SERVICES Employee Reviews

Helpful for experience
Adult Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MIAugust 15, 2017
Not sure how much I can say about this company but it's a bit more harder than I thought co workers being late along with management so it's was very hard
Pros
Cons
Co workers
not productive
Registered Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJune 20, 2017
It is not productive and a hostile work environment even with the employees. No team work ethics and poor management skills. Its more less than a family but it is more of a who know who place. They do seem to favor certain people than the ones who work hard and do what they do best. You have people who have been fired for criminal issues and you also have people there who have been arrested for drugs, guns, intent to distributed.
Pros
there are no pros
Cons
cons have already been stated above
Workplace Culture
Director Spiritual Health (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 2, 2017
The Culture is great and yet challenging. The people are caring and love to help people get the best Health services. The role that I had was a very demanding role with 300 employees to administrate Pastoral care to the team. This role was extremely awesome.
Community Outreach
Community Health Navigator (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 14, 2016
Typical days at cchs consisted of scheduling new and existing patients appointments for all the clinics, visiting patients while they're in the hospital, home visits when requested, conducting follow-up contacts to discharge patients, and finding out what the patients barriers were i.e. copay pay, medications, transportation, dental, housing, and sometimes referrals to specialists. The most exciting thing about this position was participating in the health fairs which allows you to meet new people from the community to spread the word about cchs services and locations.
Pros
1 hr lunches, paid major holidays
Cons
High deductible insurance, no tuition reimbursement, and short staffed
Busy clinic with fun atmosphere and encouraging spirits
Registration Clerk/Medical Records (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 30, 2015
Daily operations of general office duties and registering patients. Scheduling appointments and taking payments. Also, verifying insurance and releasing patient records per request.
Great Place to work
Social Work Intern (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 13, 2015
Working CCHS was a wonderful internship experience. I got to travel each week a different site there are 6. I had some great mentors, and my primary supervisor is still a friend of mine. However, I do feel that hiring an intern was a way to get free help for the summer. The internship was not paid and there was no indication that there would be an opportunity, for permanent hire or advancement once the internship was over.
My overall experience was great and I learned a lot from the social workers at CCHS.
Pros
social networking opportunities, diversity in job tasks from site to site
Cons
unpaid internship with no opportunities for hire
A great place to be where a person can grow in the Lord.
Medical Assistant Student Extern (Former Employee) –  Telfair St., Augusta, Ga.September 28, 2015
Christ Community is a place that care for their employees as well as their patients, I consider it an honor to have done my extern there and would recommend them to anyone who needs their services.
a typical work day
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 20, 2015
A nice place to work. The provider care about their patients and staff. They live in the neighborhood where they provide care for patients. The patients can be a little rowdy at times. Management seem to care at times and points.
Pros
work hours
Cons
pay raises
Cchs
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 10, 2015
I work in the lab at CCHS. I have learned a lot since I have worked at CCHS. I love the fact that Ii get to work with a variety of patients. I love being able to help all my patients and talk to them ! i enjoy listening to all my patients and their stories that they share with me. I am the last person they see before they leave the office so I hear all about their experience that day at the doctor ! I enjoy working with all my wonderful co workers who are there to help the patients as i am !
Great Opportunity
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Memphis TNAugust 25, 2015
This is a great place to advance your professional career. This place promotes professional development through training and formal education.
Pros
Work schedule.
Cons
we are not able to serve everyone
Awesome place to work!!
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GaAugust 1, 2015
One of the top, if not the best place I have ever served! If you have a heart for ministry, it give you great opportunity to operate in your Gifts. There are a lot of reasons to work here, don't get me wrong, no organization is perfect but 92% of the people who work here really love the Lord.
Pros
Ministry, Devotions, Employer Paid Health Insurance, Free lunches from reps, positive environment
Cons
No paid vacations, receive PTO instead, lower salaries because of Non-profit status
Productive clinical environmet
Medical Assistant Extern (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 27, 2015
A typical work day would include assisting doctors with patient exams, cleaning and prepping exam rooms, triaging patients, placing them in their correct rooms and front desk asstiance. I learned some phelebtomy skills, how to keep children calm when giving injections or drawing blood. My co-workers where very polite with welcoming and showikng me the know hows. The hardest part of the job was working with diffuclt doctors who werent very polite and maintaing a mannerable work attitude. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting different people from different walks of life.
Typical Day
Navigator/ Billing Clerk/ Front Office (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAMay 11, 2015
Daily jobs consist of assisting patients with entering in the demographics as well as collecting payments. Updating all information regarding insurance as well scheduling. Filing and processing claims to ensure reimbursement from the insurance companies.
Productive and professoinal
Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 17, 2015
Everyone there was very professional and outgoing to make sure every patient got the most comforting help possible. In addition to that one of passions is helping people that need help.
love this place
Medical Office Receptionist (Externship) (Former Employee) –  memphis TNJanuary 13, 2015
loved working with everyone it was a great working environment
I love the patient interaction
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 22, 2014
Running urine test, performing urine pregnancy test, drawing blood
great place to work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 29, 2014
A great to work. The atomshere is very peaceful. The service is very professional.
Pros
Christian atmoshrere
Cons
short breaks
good experience
Student Social Work Intern (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 5, 2014
Promoted to collections and billing poster after one year of employment with Memphis Children’s Clinic. My duties included billing insurance companies, receiving and posting insurance payments to patient’s accounts. I also spoke to patients about current and past due balances.
Great
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  memphis,tnApril 21, 2014
Christ community was a great place to work I learned a lot from this place of employment
billing specilaist
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 22, 2014
keyed charges from fee ticket from other clinics work old denial claims collect past due co-pays
Pros
great health insurance
Cons
short breaks, lunches