CHRIST COMMUNITY HEALTH SERVICES Employee Reviews

Awesome place to work!!
Accountant (Former Employee), Augusta, GaAugust 1, 2015
Pros: Ministry, Devotions, Employer Paid Health Insurance, Free lunches from reps, positive environment
Cons: No paid vacations, receive PTO instead, lower salaries because of Non-profit status
One of the top, if not the best place I have ever served! If you have a heart for ministry, it give you great opportunity to operate in your Gifts. There are a lot of reasons to work here, don't get me wrong, no organization is perfect but 92% of the people who work here really love the Lord.
Great
Surgery Scheduling Coordinator (Current Employee), Memphis, TNJuly 14, 2015
Great place, location, Christ-like Community and chances for advancement are endless. Was promoted three times doing my two year employment.
Productive clinical environmet
Medical Assistant Extern (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMay 27, 2015
A typical work day would include assisting doctors with patient exams, cleaning and prepping exam rooms, triaging patients, placing them in their correct rooms and front desk asstiance. I learned some phelebtomy skills, how to keep children calm when giving injections or drawing blood. My co-workers where very polite with welcoming and showikng me the know hows. The hardest part of the job was working with diffuclt doctors who werent very polite and maintaing a mannerable work attitude. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting different people from different walks of life.
Typical Day
Navigator/ Billing Clerk/ Front Office (Current Employee), Augusta, GAMay 11, 2015
Daily jobs consist of assisting patients with entering in the demographics as well as collecting payments. Updating all information regarding insurance as well scheduling. Filing and processing claims to ensure reimbursement from the insurance companies.
Productive and professoinal
Registration Clerk (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMarch 17, 2015
Everyone there was very professional and outgoing to make sure every patient got the most comforting help possible. In addition to that one of passions is helping people that need help.
love this place
Medical Office Receptionist (Externship) (Former Employee), memphis TNJanuary 13, 2015
loved working with everyone it was a great working environment
I love the patient interaction
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Memphis, TNSeptember 22, 2014
Running urine test, performing urine pregnancy test, drawing blood
great place to work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJune 29, 2014
Pros: christian atmoshrere
Cons: short breaks
A great to work. The atomshere is very peaceful. The service is very professional.
good experience
Student Social Work Intern (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMay 5, 2014
Promoted to collections and billing poster after one year of employment with Memphis Children’s Clinic. My duties included billing insurance companies, receiving and posting insurance payments to patient’s accounts. I also spoke to patients about current and past due balances.
Great
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee), memphis,tnApril 21, 2014
Christ community was a great place to work I learned a lot from this place of employment
billing specilaist
Billing Specialist (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: great health insurance
Cons: short breaks, lunches
keyed charges from fee ticket from other clinics work old denial claims collect past due co-pays
Productive and busy environment
Medical Billing and Coding Student Externship (Former Employee), Augusta, GAOctober 29, 2013
A very exciting training opportunity, busy, fast paced environment. Checked in and serviced patients situations, recorded and scanned documents of medical insurances, proof of income verification and determined sliding fee scale for eligible patients. Printed and determined and figured lab fees. Checked out patients and rescheduled follow up appointments per doctors request. Co-workers were helpful and any concerns or questions were addressed. The most enjoyable part of this job experience was exploring what was taught in my college career and seeing first hand my job duties, preparing me first hand to handle this career in any given opportunity.
Worked with a bunch of hypocrites!
Nurse (Former Employee), Frayser, TNMay 18, 2013
Cons: awful management, bad patient care, people a little too comfortable with their titles!
The management is lowsy! They have separate managers at different locations who are allowed to lie, but everyone beneath them has to follow the codes and protocols. Worked there for almost 2 years and never received a raise due to the mismanagement! They actually changed our benefit package to have less money come out of our checks to try to make up for not getting a raise. Maybe would receive an incentive check that wasn't worth the paper it was printed on, and you wouldn't receive one if your nurse manager was having a hard time with her family and took it out on the employees and wrote them up! They have prayer every morning, on the patients time, and have to pray like it is written in the protocol, can't just pray, have to pray the nurse managers way. They treat the doctors awful, absolutely no respect for them! And even worse to the patient! Not allowed to receive overtime, they want you to stay late and not compensate you for it.
Greeting Patients and assisiting them for there needs in getting medical care.
Registration Clerk (Current Employee), Memphis, TNJanuary 1, 2013
Pros: benefits
A typical day at work greeting the patients, assisting them for their visit. Patients must have some type of approved income, insurance for there visit. How to be more time management in a total different way with our patients. Working and being part of a team with other co-workers in make certain that our patients are being seen by the providers. The hardest part of my job when things aren't going well. The most enjoble part of my job is the patients are able to be seen.
There is a quick sick progarm two days a week from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. for patients.
Student Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Augusta, GAOctober 19, 2012
Pros: there were many days when there was food available to employees.
During the time that I worked as a student medical assistant at Christ Community Health Services, it was an experience that I really enjoyed. The day would always begin with a short devotion every morning in which I enjoyed. Doing patient intake was mostly what I did. This envoved obtaining patient information and inputing it in their files on the computer, taking messages for patients refills, medical issues and sending them to the right physician or to whom it may concern. Somedays I would assist Physicians when needed, doing EKGs, Scanning information into patient's files and whatever else that – more... I was asked to do. Working with the other employees was a real joy to do. The people at Christ Community are real caring about the patients and for each other. The manangement was very professional and if there was a conern that you had you could always go the them. To me, it was as if they are a big family that who got along with each other and there was a lot of among them. I really enjoyed working at Christ Community during externship because seeing the expressions on the patients faces, showing them that you really care. When most of the patients were leasving they would smile, and would say thank you and that I feel a little bit better already becaus you really care. – less
GREAT PLACE TO WORK
Medical Assistant Extern (Former Employee), Memphis, TNOctober 18, 2012
Pros: nice workers
Cons: frayser needs a bigger facility
BEST PLACE TO WORK DID EXTERN HERE. VERY CLEAN VERY NICE PEOPLE AND RESPECTFUL
Great team of dr's
Referral Clerk/Medical Assitant (Former Employee), Memphis, TNOctober 6, 2012
Pros: hour lunches
Cons: not good benifits
I had a great set of co-workers and a great working place. Loved what i did and loved going to work.
Enjoyable work place
Pharmacy cashier (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJuly 25, 2012
Pros: coworkers become family
The whole 2yrs I worked at Christ Community Health Services was great. The enjoy came from coworkers and customers everyday was something new . You know every customer by name and face
Nice clean facility
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJuly 14, 2012
I performed vitals, venipunctures, set-up and helped with procedures, sterile techniques, etc.
also worked with Adults & Pedatrics
A very diverse and interesting place
Registration Clerk/Medical Records (Current Employee), Memphis,TNJuly 12, 2012
Pros: monthly incentive checks, 401k matches, no weekends, no holidays
Cons: management treatment, no recognition fo good work, no career advancements
A typical day would include patient communication in all levels of their information and medical records. Some patients are difficult while others really remind you why you are here, and all the benefits to being served here means. My co-workers are my extended family. I see them more than my blood relatives, and we have ups and downs like any other family mamber. I believe the only hard part about my job is the fact that there is no room for growth. They were about promoting from within but I have not had that experience yet. The most enjoyable part about my job is meeting all different types of people and making friends with some of my co-workers on personal level.