Christ Hospital

Christ Hospital Employer Reviews

A job
House Keeping (Former Employee), Evergreen Park, ILDecember 8, 2014
I enjoyed having a job and learning new things as well as working with new people. However I don't think they were as organized as the could have been. There could have been better management but what do I know I only worked there for a few days because of lack of my manger having time to tell me when he needed me to work or giving me hours at all.
GOOD PLACE TO WOOK FOR
phlebomotist (Former Employee), Oak Lawn, ILNovember 19, 2014
Pros: team work
Cons: some days no time to get a full break
DAY STARTS OUT AT 4.30 IN THE MORNING .YOU GET YOUR ASSIGENENT AND AWAY YOU GO. YOU MAY BE AT HOPE CHILDRENS OR ON THE ADULT SIDE. YOU WORK AS A TEAM TO GET THE JOB DONE. I ENJOY THE WORK YOU GET TO MEET DIFFERENT PEOPLE EVERY DAY
Wonderful place to work
Guest Services Associate (Current Employee), Oak Lawn, ILNovember 5, 2014
Pros: very caring and compassionate place to work.
Cons: travel to work is far from home.
Co-workers are team players and focus on the needs of the guest.
Enjoyable environment
Patient Care Technician (PCT) CCU (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: paid time and half for overtime.
Cons: not enough time for lunch breaks
Very busy yet challenging and Interesting. Great Learning Experience and co-workers are willing to lend a helping hand.
Active Operating Room with variety of cases
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee), Jersey City, NJAugust 13, 2014
Pros: the variety of cases one is exposed to
Cons: short staffed, disorganized, unprofessional work environment
The OR environment is disorganized and somewhat political. They could use an upgrade in management and a more equitable way of evaluating employee skill set.
typical work day
OB Surgical Scrub Tech/Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHAugust 2, 2014
OB scrub tech. Assist the physicians with the delivery of babies and caesarean. Performed aseptic technique. Health unit coordinator.
safe workplace
Plant Operations Engineer (Current Employee), Jersey City, NJMay 21, 2014
cooperative co-workers; safe environment. Proactive trouble shooting is implemented on a daily basis.
Productive and fun workplace to help those in need.
FACILITATOR (Current Employee), Jersey City, NJMay 21, 2014
refreshing, interesting, insightful and thought-provoking,” Happiness workshops is a unique experience for individuals, small groups, large organizations and companies alike. Each workshop is built around a tailored theme chosen by the host and incorporates enriching hands-on learning techniques.
QUICK AND EASY
Evs Tech (Former Employee), Oak Lawn, ILApril 23, 2014
I ENJOY WORKING WITH OTHERS. HELPING CUSTOMERS VISITORS AND CO-WORKERS.
productive work environment
Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee), Jersey City, NJMarch 19, 2014
Pros: great staff
Cons: no room for promotions or growth
this is an extremely and fast paced environment. My coworkers are great to work with and make work fun.hardest part of the job are the long hours.
Work, work, work!
Staffing Specialist (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJFebruary 16, 2014
Pros: learn many different things.
Cons: not enough time in the day.
In my department there is no time for anything. We don't have enough time in the day to get all of our projects done. Management are all very busy. The most hardest part of my day is when staff call out and there was no staff to begin with. That's when I know there is no time to even get to the bathroom. The most enjoyable part is even though our office – more... is nuts and I have constant ulcers, I like what I do. If I can get people to come to work i've done my job, and everyone is happy. Especially the floors. When they have there complement of staff...I leave work with a smile. Its tough here, but it makes you strong and ready for anything.
I give it 3 stars but i am very grateful to have my job. – less
Family Orient and Productive Work Place
Unit Secretary, Patient Representative, (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: room for advancement
Cons: not enough help
From the time I enter the facility, I am busy there is always something to do. I have learned that having patience is a very important part of any job you do. I worked very well with my co-workers we were like a family so we bonded as such, with working in a hospital the hardest part of my job I would have to say is when we have an overflow of patients – more... and computers are down or printers or something like that but over all I enjoyed dealing with the patients cause they were not just patients they became friends. – less
productive
RN (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHJanuary 3, 2014
stressful, management and co-workers okay for team players, hardest part no team players 100%
Central Service Technician (Current Employee), Jersey City, NJDecember 1, 2013
A typical day at Christ Hospital is spent Sterilizing instruments for patients use.
The Merger Changed the Hospital
Graduate Medical Education Coordinator (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJNovember 11, 2013
Pros: flexible hours for me
Cons: laid off
They laid off too many great people at the same time. I was part of the second wave of employees laid off after the new owner promised not to terminate so many employees.
Very Nice place to work
Medical records tech (Current Employee), Mt Auburn Cinti oh 45219September 15, 2013
Christ hospital has a nice relaxing environment for a workplace
Professional, high energy and high level of activity
Physical Therapist Aide Assistant (Volunteer) (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJAugust 11, 2013
Worked with the disabled patients who needed rehabilitation services due to accidents or general health matters.

The environment was high energy as the level of activity was high. It was a pleasure working there as I got the opportunity to work with doctors, nurses and several professionals in the field.

The knowledge I gained was the best part of – more... working there as it exposed me to the Physical Therapy field and confirmed my desire to work in that sphere> – less
great place to learn nursing skills a i work on a hevy med/surge floor
Staff Nurse Med/ Surge (Current Employee), Jersey City, NJJuly 25, 2013
Pros: learning new skills
Cons: no break most days
Great place to learn great co worker and the most enjoyable part of working isinteracting with my patients
there are many great people here
Registration Associate/Financial Counselor (Current Employee), Jersey City, NJJuly 8, 2013
There are many great people here at Christ Hospital, it feels like family. The work load is a lot but never a dull moment.
Exciting place to work
Patient Transporter (Current Employee), Jersey City, NJJuly 8, 2013
You never know what you're going to get working in the ER. A patient might have a broken limb or stomach pains or something else entirely that requires an MRI or Ultrasound to found out what the problem is. When further testing is needed, it is my job to get that patient to there safely and comfortably by stretcher or wheelchair.
The hardest part of – more... the job is when a patient arrives with a severe injury that causes that person to die. I enjoy helping people and this job allows me to do that. – less

1 2 3