Christ Hospital Employee Reviews

The absolute greatest hospital I have ever worked for! The staff and patients became family to me.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJune 9, 2017
There was no typical day, as is with all hospitals, but the experiences and lessons I have learned will never be forgotten. At Christ Hospital, employees were ALWAYS recognized for their hard work and dedication. I have several awards from my time there. Sadly, new management came in and it was a change in climate. They did acknowledge their workers but the lay-offs came in and I could no longer stay there. I left on great terms and it was the hardest day having my last day there. Christ Hospital will ALWAYS be a part of me.
Pros
Great pay, Excellent benfits, Amazing Staff, great friends and a rewarding work experience
Cons
None what so ever
Wonderful hospital
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 2, 2017
Great hospital to work for.

Wonderful location in the city.

The buildings are a little old, but this hospital is beautiful and well staffed.

the nurses are amazing.
Pros
Easy to access
Cons
During winter it's difficult to navigate the rolling hills.
Fun fast paced but easy place to work.
Radiology Assistant/ Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJMay 7, 2017
Christ Hospital is a great place to gain experience or work as a part time job while having a full time job or attending school full time. Even working 20 hours per work will allow you medical insurance and paid time off.
Pros
Health insurance, flexible scheduling, promotes within
Cons
Can be a high school musical type environment plagued with drama
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 4, 2017
A typical day was quite sometimes slow but overall a great place to work. I learned about the different departments their the one's I worked for, everyone was well respectful and kind. I enjoyed going to work everyday.
Great group of experienced staff
RN (Former Employee) –  Oak Lawn, ILApril 30, 2017
Supportive, encourage staff to help new nurses learn and advance their career and knowledge of patient care. There is support for upward and lateral movement within the organization.
Pros
Excellent organization in a neighborhood setting
Cons
Becoming a very large organization.
did not like the manager
Staff Chaplain (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJApril 28, 2017
Christ hospital was a place that had a lot of favoritism, only those who had been there a long time had a voice and those who were new were required to bow down to the established staff
Exciting Workplace
Certified Nurse's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oak Lawn, ILApril 20, 2017
I worked with a interdisciplinary team to help patients by supporting personal hygiene and daily living needs. I also provided comfort, transportation, and vital sign monitoring.
Pros
Better salary and job stability
Cons
Higher risk of illness and danger
First RN job
RN - Neurological and Trauma Units (Former Employee) –  Oak Lawn, ILApril 20, 2017
Worked on a neurological/trauma unit. Stabilized patients by administering IV fluids/medications and monitoring vital signs while patients are awaiting surgery.
Pros
Best learning expirience for a new grad.
A lot of bad changes
RN BSN (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJMarch 30, 2017
A normal day starts at 7am and finishes anywhere from 3:30 - 5pm. Besides taking care of your patient assignment you had the clinical partner assignment to hand out. Sometimes you had to attend in service meetings. The manager of the unit was not a manager but a friend to selected people and if there was a problem occurring, never stood up for the person(s) involved.
Bad workplace culture
CPhT Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 29, 2017
The hospital itself was great to work for but the team in the med/surg pharmacy was a nightmare. Not flexible with hours and staff not willing to trade.
Great
Anesthesiology Technician (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 25, 2017
I loved it. Wonderful learning experience. The boss was great as well as the hours. The work environment was also pleasant. I had a wonderful experience,
I loved the patients and the staff
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oak Lawn, ILMarch 25, 2017
There meals were excellent and the place was clean the staff was excellent and I loved working there. I would tell anyone that is looking for a job to apply their
Pros
Staff friendly food is great
Cons
Management would sometimes not ask us what we needed to do our job we had to ask them
productive and low turn over for employees
Assistant Director of Admissions &Admin. Services (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJFebruary 10, 2017
Employees enjoy the work place. Stay for long periods s of time. Productive company that is always looking to expand and move forward.
Great place to begin career
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJFebruary 2, 2017
Great hospital to begin your nursing career. Workplace culture is admirable. Management is approachable. Hardest part of the job is high influx of pts.
Pros
Discount lunches for employees, free parking
Cons
Need more auxiliary staff
productive place
Clerical Aide/volunteer (Former Employee) –  Oak Lawn, ILJanuary 21, 2017
as a secretary, I do not attend meetings or anything like that. I am there to do the filing and computer work. I also answer the phone. I contact clients and take faxes and emails about people who are interested in buying or selling their home, organizing the schedule of one or more employees, answering phone calls,greeting visitors, operational cleaning of the office, building good atmosphere on the workplace. I worked with divers group of people. The hardest part of job. the hardest part of my job: There is very little traveling done in my position. I basically sit on a desk all day. The worst part of my job is the hours. I have to be there early if clients have early appointments and stay late if there are late appointments. Juggling this with my college schedule was difficult. Sometimes I have no lunch and have to make do with food bars I keep in my drawers.
The best part of my jobs is dealing with people. I love dealing with customers because I am a people person.
Pros
improved my computer skills
Cons
short breaks
Flexibility
Sleep Lab Coordinator (Current Employee) –  176 Palisades AvnueJanuary 16, 2017
Working for the Sleep Lab under the current Director is Awesome. He allows you to have your space,trust that you will do the job and is very flexible with me. I have learned different stages of sleep studies, I have also learned to manage an office on my own.
Front desk, charging
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJDecember 15, 2016
was great work place, workers were great as well, Doctors taught me many things and very understanding. Just didn't feel there wasn't no growth
fast pace enviorment where I also have the opportunity to use my customer service skills to brighten up soomeones day
Retail Lead (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 13, 2016
I come into work, stock and make sure that everyone is doing their job. Being in this position I have learned how to deal with conflict in the work place and how to deal and work with many different personalities. Management is a bit unorganized. My coworkers are hardworking. The hardest part about my job is the fact the we are understaffed. The most enjoyable part is that I get to meet a lot of diverse people. I also have the opportunity to brighten up someones day who maybe going through a difficult time.
fun and exciting workplace. learned something new everyday, and gained great work experience.
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  IllinoisDecember 13, 2016
Christ hospital allowed me to gain first time work experience, and allowed me to see ho the work force was while providing a fun and predictive work setting.
Pros
free meals, employee application days
Cons
short breaks
Not a goos place to work
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 28, 2016
supervisors are very unfair and not willing to work wit you.
favoritism take place
no room for advances only transfer's
Pros
advances
Cons
favortisium