Christ Hospital

Christ Hospital Employee Reviews

It was a great way to help people.
Medical Education Coordinator (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJMay 11, 2015
Pros: Close to my apartment at the time.
Cons: The buyout by another corporation caused a lot of layoffs.
My favorite part of this position was working independently for the residents and my supervisor. I had a very flexible schedule. My set of skills and responsible nature allowed my co-workers to depend on me almost twenty-four hours. They knew they could call or text to ask me about meetings or our supervisors whereabouts.

I was the liaison between my supervisor and his residents. I made sure the paperwork was acceptable and ready to be processed. I felt like a personal assistant and a supervisor both offered me a lot of creative space to have my work completed.
fun work palce
refrigeration (Current Employee), oak lawn ilApril 21, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
I like working for christ hospital in oak lawn
Awesome pto program
great management
advacment
culture
Typical Day at Work
Environmental Service Representative (Current Employee), Oak Lawn, ILJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: free lunches, yearly raise increase, various celebrations, christmas parties, on site cafeteria
Cons: cannot think of any cons
My typical work day when I start is to check for stock, and materials and to verify if there is anything that is needed to be done from the previous day. Then I start to pick up and distribution my supplies, lift boxes to fill up the carts as needed; complete the necessary forms and other necessary data as required. What I've learned is how effective it is to work as a team, and to work in a positive environment. I've learned that management expects the employees to work well without constant attention. I enjoy my co-workers and I love to work. Working gives me a sense of accomplishment so I can't think of anything that is hard at the job. Working is enjoyable to me, I've worked all of my adult life.
Volunteer
Volunteer and Community Service (Former Employee), ILJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: everything.
Cons: no pay
Overall proceed to make the cookies. Go in the freezer get portable oven and make cookies for each floor. I learned that hard work is satisfying. Management very reliable. The hardest part was leaving. The most enjoyable part of the job was greeting and meeting people.
Volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 24, 2015
Horrible place to volunteer
Supervisors are mean and racist
A diverse environment and a great place to learn about our different cultures
Director of Patient Relations (Former Employee), Jersey City NJ 07306January 9, 2015
Worked at Christ in many areas of Patient care and was a school for me. Great people!!
Productive, Caring, Fast, and fun environment
Clinical Experience (Phlebotomy) (Former Employee), Oak Lawn, ILDecember 17, 2014
Pros: great staff, a lot of nice patients, having great conversations with many patients, and great lunch break.
Cons: keeping up: a lot of draws, difficult draws, cultures redrawing due to qns, clotting, etc. and mostly because you can get sick easily or experience really sad/bad moments. its life, its everywhere!
I loved my experience at Christ Hospital. Being part of a huge company and great staff made me feel as if i am a part of their team. I love to help people. If i make someone smile or laugh, I feel so good about myself because staying at a hospital and being sick and taking to many tests or having too many blood draws isn't fun. You just being their with the patient communicating with them is huge. You just make their day better by taking care of them and putting a smile on their face.
A job
House Keeping (Former Employee), Evergreen Park, ILDecember 8, 2014
I enjoyed having a job and learning new things as well as working with new people. However I don't think they were as organized as the could have been. There could have been better management but what do I know I only worked there for a few days because of lack of my manger having time to tell me when he needed me to work or giving me hours at all.
GOOD PLACE TO WOOK FOR
phlebomotist (Former Employee), Oak Lawn, ILNovember 19, 2014
Pros: team work
Cons: some days no time to get a full break
DAY STARTS OUT AT 4.30 IN THE MORNING .YOU GET YOUR ASSIGENENT AND AWAY YOU GO. YOU MAY BE AT HOPE CHILDRENS OR ON THE ADULT SIDE. YOU WORK AS A TEAM TO GET THE JOB DONE. I ENJOY THE WORK YOU GET TO MEET DIFFERENT PEOPLE EVERY DAY
Wonderful place to work
Guest Services Associate (Current Employee), Oak Lawn, ILNovember 5, 2014
Pros: very caring and compassionate place to work.
Cons: travel to work is far from home.
Co-workers are team players and focus on the needs of the guest.
Enjoyable environment
Patient Care Technician (PCT) CCU (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: paid time and half for overtime.
Cons: not enough time for lunch breaks
Very busy yet challenging and Interesting. Great Learning Experience and co-workers are willing to lend a helping hand.
Active Operating Room with variety of cases
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee), Jersey City, NJAugust 13, 2014
Pros: the variety of cases one is exposed to
Cons: short staffed, disorganized, unprofessional work environment
The OR environment is disorganized and somewhat political. They could use an upgrade in management and a more equitable way of evaluating employee skill set.
typical work day
OB Surgical Scrub Tech/Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHAugust 2, 2014
OB scrub tech. Assist the physicians with the delivery of babies and caesarean. Performed aseptic technique. Health unit coordinator.
safe workplace
Plant Operations Engineer (Current Employee), Jersey City, NJMay 21, 2014
cooperative co-workers; safe environment. Proactive trouble shooting is implemented on a daily basis.
Productive and fun workplace to help those in need.
FACILITATOR (Current Employee), Jersey City, NJMay 21, 2014
refreshing, interesting, insightful and thought-provoking,” Happiness workshops is a unique experience for individuals, small groups, large organizations and companies alike. Each workshop is built around a tailored theme chosen by the host and incorporates enriching hands-on learning techniques.
QUICK AND EASY
Evs Tech (Former Employee), Oak Lawn, ILApril 23, 2014
I ENJOY WORKING WITH OTHERS. HELPING CUSTOMERS VISITORS AND CO-WORKERS.
productive work environment
Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee), Jersey City, NJMarch 19, 2014
Pros: great staff
Cons: no room for promotions or growth
this is an extremely and fast paced environment. My coworkers are great to work with and make work fun.hardest part of the job are the long hours.
Work, work, work!
Staffing Specialist (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJFebruary 16, 2014
Pros: learn many different things.
Cons: not enough time in the day.
In my department there is no time for anything. We don't have enough time in the day to get all of our projects done. Management are all very busy. The most hardest part of my day is when staff call out and there was no staff to begin with. That's when I know there is no time to even get to the bathroom. The most enjoyable part is even though our office is nuts and I have constant ulcers, I like what I do. If I can get people to come to work i've done my job, and everyone is happy. Especially the floors. When they have there complement of staff...I leave work with a smile. Its tough here, but it makes you strong and ready for anything.
I give it 3 stars but i am very grateful to have my job.
Family Orient and Productive Work Place
Unit Secretary, Patient Representative, (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: room for advancement
Cons: not enough help
From the time I enter the facility, I am busy there is always something to do. I have learned that having patience is a very important part of any job you do. I worked very well with my co-workers we were like a family so we bonded as such, with working in a hospital the hardest part of my job I would have to say is when we have an overflow of patients and computers are down or printers or something like that but over all I enjoyed dealing with the patients cause they were not just patients they became friends.
productive
RN (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHJanuary 3, 2014
stressful, management and co-workers okay for team players, hardest part no team players 100%

1 2 3