Christensen Farms Employee Reviews in United States

Hostile work environment
Herds person (Former Employee) –  Kansas, ILApril 30, 2016
I was working here a little over two months before I called it quits. My Co workers were horrible they always tried to put their work on someone else so they could chit chat in the break room. I saw the training manual one time in my first week at the job and didn't receive anymore training than just enough to make me a useful work mule. I had a constant issue with employees being unprofessional constant cussing and name calling. When I contacted management about the issue I was brushed off and even witnessed management cussing at an employee. I dreaded going into work every morning.
Pros
Good insurance
Cons
Unprofessional employees
Entrepreneurship
MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Ripon, CAMarch 19, 2016
Self employed. Great experience to gain the experience of owning my own company, although the growth is not available.
productive work place
Herdsman (Current Employee) –  Bloomfield, IAOctober 5, 2015
Productive work place with supportive management and a open door type policy. The best part of my job is working with great people that are all willing to share their knowledge about the job.
A place to work where you feel valued and appreciated.
IT Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Sleepy Eye MNJune 10, 2015
I enjoy working at CF. The people are hard working and you are fairly compensated for your work. I feel appreciated here, where as at my last job outside of CF I felt uneasy.
Pros
Pay, Time Off, Flexible
Cons
Still improving day to day (which is actually a pro)
Good Place to work as long as you don't mind the smell
Animal Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Ackley, IAJanuary 31, 2015
Good place if you like to be in charge of yourself you have a list of things to do but you can choose in what order to do them and if you have good time management the day really goes smoothly and you get into a routine that works best for you.
companys a joke
agricultural (Former Employee) –  dumont, iowaOctober 31, 2014
I was a herdsperson told Id move up in the company only thing I enjoyed was working with the animals and the independent contractors were decent but other employees I worked with were kiss butts and funny thing is they never moved up in company when I quit it was a relief to get rid of a worthless job
Pros
worked with animals
Cons
managment
This was an enjoyable place to work and I would still be there is we hadn't moved back to the Fullerton area to be closer to family.
Herdsman (Former Employee) –  Atkinson, NEAugust 23, 2014
Typical work day started early in the morning and I did everything that's involved in a hog confinement business.

I got along well with the management and my co-workers.

There really isn't anything that sticks in my mind as a hard part of the job.
challenging opportunities
Sow Farm Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas, ILJuly 18, 2012
Very progressive company, very process oriented company challenging opportunities and good people to work with.
I have learned that the primary focus of any job, particularly management jobs is to strive to acquired the right balance between family responsibilities, work and other activities. To keep close communications with supervisors when time is needed to refresh and renew.
The hardest part of the job was to prioritize and stay organized.
Pros
good people
Cons
difficulties having support group in mn and working with farms in il
Operation of production
Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  Kansas, ILOctober 12, 2012
I oversee the day to day activity of 8 production sites. I deal with all employee issues & troubleshoot any production issues. I conduct monthlt manager meeting's to discuss area's of oppurtunity & results. I enjoy working with people & the most enjoyable part of my job is seeing people grow into leaders.
Pros
able to set my daily schedule. i work in the office at times & in the field at other times
Cons
culture of the company
I pick my own hours
independent contractor (Current Employee) –  thorton, IaMarch 4, 2012
I run a 6000 head hog barn i do everything from upkeep to the barns, paper work, daily chores. It only takes a couple hours a day so im looking for a full time job.
Pros
flexable
Cons
i work 7 days a week