Christensen Farms Employee Reviews

Great pay , management is a complete joke
Herdsperson (Former Employee) –  Ivanhoe, MNSeptember 26, 2016
The farm manager i worked for was very good about finding excuses to leave early and go 2 the bar. He also never came out to supervise/hep in the barn
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Too much emphasis on family members working together
Good place to work at with alot of help full co-workers and managers
J 2 at c 29 christensen farms (Current Employee) –  W 876 road between oneill and atkinson neAugust 2, 2016
Ive enjoyed it as much as any other job good pay good enough hours. As much as growing with the company really depends on the effort you put into your work..keeping Safe work ethics on the daily job basics is a must
Pros
Good working enviorment
Cons
They take for ever to hire new employees
You have job security
Animal Caretaker (Current Employee) –  Kansas, ILJune 28, 2016
You have good job security with a bonus program. The day goes by quickly you are not standing around in one spot all day. I feel that there could be improvements that would make people want to stay. I feel that upper management is clueless to what we need for the farms. You can't say that something works when you are not dealing with the headache everyday.
Pros
Job Security, Bonus Program, and the day goes by quickly
Cons
Upper management clueless detached from farms.
This company is hard to work for under the conditions
Production Records Representative (Current Employee) –  Sleepy Eye, MNJune 26, 2016
This company is hard to work for under the conditions they like to hire very young people that do not have the experience or the common sense to show up for work.
Pros
its a job
Cons
no pay increases horrible work enivornment
Entrepreneurship
MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Ripon, CAMarch 19, 2016
Self employed. Great experience to gain the experience of owning my own company, although the growth is not available.
productive work place
Herdsman (Current Employee) –  Bloomfield, IAOctober 5, 2015
Productive work place with supportive management and a open door type policy. The best part of my job is working with great people that are all willing to share their knowledge about the job.
A place to work where you feel valued and appreciated.
IT Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Sleepy Eye MNJune 10, 2015
I enjoy working at CF. The people are hard working and you are fairly compensated for your work. I feel appreciated here, where as at my last job outside of CF I felt uneasy.
Pros
Pay, Time Off, Flexible
Cons
Still improving day to day (which is actually a pro)
Good Place to work as long as you don't mind the smell
Animal Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Ackley, IAJanuary 31, 2015
Good place if you like to be in charge of yourself you have a list of things to do but you can choose in what order to do them and if you have good time management the day really goes smoothly and you get into a routine that works best for you.
companys a joke
agricultural (Former Employee) –  dumont, iowaOctober 31, 2014
I was a herdsperson told Id move up in the company only thing I enjoyed was working with the animals and the independent contractors were decent but other employees I worked with were kiss butts and funny thing is they never moved up in company when I quit it was a relief to get rid of a worthless job
Pros
worked with animals
Cons
managment
This was an enjoyable place to work and I would still be there is we hadn't moved back to the Fullerton area to be closer to family.
Herdsman (Former Employee) –  Atkinson, NEAugust 23, 2014
Typical work day started early in the morning and I did everything that's involved in a hog confinement business.

I got along well with the management and my co-workers.

There really isn't anything that sticks in my mind as a hard part of the job.
Operation of production
Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  Kansas, ILOctober 12, 2012
I oversee the day to day activity of 8 production sites. I deal with all employee issues & troubleshoot any production issues. I conduct monthlt manager meeting's to discuss area's of oppurtunity & results. I enjoy working with people & the most enjoyable part of my job is seeing people grow into leaders.
Pros
able to set my daily schedule. i work in the office at times & in the field at other times
Cons
culture of the company
challenging opportunities
Sow Farm Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas, ILJuly 18, 2012
Very progressive company, very process oriented company challenging opportunities and good people to work with.
I have learned that the primary focus of any job, particularly management jobs is to strive to acquired the right balance between family responsibilities, work and other activities. To keep close communications with supervisors when time is needed to refresh and renew.
The hardest part of the job was to prioritize and stay organized.
Pros
good people
Cons
difficulties having support group in mn and working with farms in il
I pick my own hours
independent contractor (Current Employee) –  thorton, IaMarch 4, 2012
I run a 6000 head hog barn i do everything from upkeep to the barns, paper work, daily chores. It only takes a couple hours a day so im looking for a full time job.
Pros
flexable
Cons
i work 7 days a week

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Christensen Farms. Our community is ready to answer.