Christensen Farms

Christensen Farms Employee Reviews

Good Place to work as long as you don't mind the smell
Animal Care Worker (Current Employee), Ackley, IAJanuary 31, 2015
Good place if you like to be in charge of yourself you have a list of things to do but you can choose in what order to do them and if you have good time management the day really goes smoothly and you get into a routine that works best for you.
companys a joke
agricultural (Former Employee), dumont, iowaOctober 31, 2014
Pros: worked with animals
Cons: managment
I was a herdsperson told Id move up in the company only thing I enjoyed was working with the animals and the independent contractors were decent but other employees I worked with were kiss butts and funny thing is they never moved up in company when I quit it was a relief to get rid of a worthless job
This was an enjoyable place to work and I would still be there is we hadn't moved back to the Fullerton area to be closer to family.
Herdsman (Former Employee), Atkinson, NEAugust 23, 2014
Typical work day started early in the morning and I did everything that's involved in a hog confinement business.

I got along well with the management and my co-workers.

There really isn't anything that sticks in my mind as a hard part of the job.
fun to work with live animals and fun working with co-workers
Farrower (Former Employee), Sleepy Eye, MNMay 9, 2013
Pros: you are very much like your own boss, no supervision as long as you get the job done
Cons: no complains is a very good place to work
I loved working for Christensen farm. is a great place to work every body work as a team to get the job done and very respectfull. is a very clean place to work. and woorking with animals is just a wonderfull experiance. you always learn something new.
challenging opportunities
Sow Farm Manager (Former Employee), Kansas, ILJuly 18, 2012
Pros: good people
Cons: difficulties having support group in mn and working with farms in il
Very progressive company, very process oriented company challenging opportunities and good people to work with.
I have learned that the primary focus of any job, particularly management jobs is to strive to acquired the right balance between family responsibilities, work and other activities. To keep close communications with supervisors when time is needed to refresh and renew.
The hardest part of the job was to prioritize and stay organized.
I pick my own hours
independent contractor (Current Employee), thorton, IaMarch 4, 2012
Pros: flexable
Cons: i work 7 days a week
I run a 6000 head hog barn i do everything from upkeep to the barns, paper work, daily chores. It only takes a couple hours a day so im looking for a full time job.