Christian Broadcasting Network

Christian Broadcasting Network Employer Reviews

My ultimate purpose lived
Partner Service Representative (part-time) (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAJune 25, 2014
Pros: restoring confidence in callers, providing comfort, lunch breaks, chapel services
Cons: management, my tenure
by far, my most fitting job ever in my life. I am a proud born again believer and this was perfect for me. Never have I been so proud of a job and because of it I was able to meet the mother of my children. the day was simple, you came in and greeted everyone, logged in and prayed for the callers. when telethon came around you put your game face on – more... and prayed and took pledges. enjoyable part of the job was the chapel meetings everyday and they were on the clock as well as a 45 min lunch break. hardest part was the travel – less
Coworkers positive and fun.
Part-Time Ministry/Prayer Counselor (Former Employee), Nashville, TNMay 27, 2014
Pros: fun to help others succeed.
Cons: hard to sit still for many hours taking calls.
Responsibilities as a trainer were to look after those performing and learning call structure. This involved encouragement and truthful feedback.

Responsibilities as a caller involved hours of receiving incoming calls and offering specific prayers tailored to individuals needs.
Excellent Work environment
Partner Service Representative I (Part-Time) (Current Employee), Virginia Beach, VAMay 18, 2014
Pros: peaceful environment
Cons: no health care for part-time workers
Processing partner records during telethon season. Updating and processing record.
Great Christian Environment
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee), Nashville, TNApril 9, 2014
Working with people of like-minded values is wonderful. The working environment is pleasant.
Videographer Summary
Videographer (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAMarch 16, 2014
Pros: overtime, per diem, traveling, wonderful co-workers and supervisor, christian-based management, good benefits, 401k
Cons: sometimes very stressful, premadonna talent, too much travel if you want to see your family all the time
The job was fast-paced, required a ton of travel, and high-pressure performance. But it was a blast and I had a lot of support from co-workers and management. I've met some of the best people I know there.

The pay was okay, especially since they gave overtime and per diem, which was nice. They also offer good benefits and a 401k.

I recommend this – more... job, especially if you're young and don't mind traveling and seeing the world/country. – less
A Decent Place to work
Logistics Analyst - Direct Marketing (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAMarch 13, 2014
Pros: daily chapel, good basic benefits (vacay/sick time)
Cons: a few people in management having a limited perspective on how to manage people on their strengths.
Very rewarding place to work if you believe in its mission - to preach the Gospel to all Nations.

I learned a lot about what to do, and not do, in managing people.

Biggest challenge is that the organization is rather large, and issues with middle management can appear depending on who people are working with.

Most enjoyable part of the job is working – more... with some great people. – less
Delivering food to the hungry!
transportation operator (Former Employee), BristolFebruary 21, 2014
Pros: home weekends, met alot of great people @ the ministry partners.
Cons: e-logs, safety department attitude
The attitude of the transportation department lacked self reliance. A good atmosphere in Bristol and Ocala. Driving an 18 wheeler for Operation Blessing was rewarding. Good equipment and low pay but great miles and good benefits. E-logs is a silly advancement with real consequences.
loving teaching imates how to read
Body Guard/ Agent (Former Employee), working campsJanuary 10, 2014
Pros: working the gate
Cons: when the horns blow
checking bages everyday taking tests every three months tried to work with us help you learn about the job working nuclear tanks at the end of the day
Unskilled managment
Police Officer (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VASeptember 30, 2013
Pros: worked with a great team
Cons: management had no skill in this field
Protected the VIP's of the campus and quest. Hardest part of job was management trying to carry out the law with no formal training.
Excellent Crew + Manager!
Groundskeeper II (Current Employee), Virginia Beach, VAAugust 28, 2013
Pros: 75% of regent university tuition upon a year's service
Cons: manual labor!
A great boss in his management style; hard labor; more than fair benefits!
Generally flexible schedule as long as you're meeting deadlines
Sr. Flash Developer (Current Employee), Virginia Beach, VAMay 7, 2013
Pros: flexible hours, great folks.
Cons: top down management style, enterprise level
In the past I was responsible for more creative and innovative ideas, but lately I've become more of a web monkey churning out web pages based on other designers work. I need a challenge and I'm just not getting it here anymore.
Not a lot of money but very rewarding.
Call Center Prayer Counselor (Current Employee), Nashville TNApril 23, 2013
Pros: chapel every weekday. shiny happy people.
Cons: low pay and intense work requirements for prayer counselor.
Working at CBN has changed my standards for what I want in a job. This is a group of people who truly care about each other and help to build each other up. The pay is terrible but with every check I get I still can't believe they pay me to do this.
Horrible Place to Work
Non-profit Counselor/Partner Fundraiser (Former Employee), Virginia Beach VASeptember 18, 2012
Pros: you could be on tv
Cons: culture, pay, everything else
I worked for the organization for three years and can honestly say it was the worst work experience I have ever had. Management shows favoritism, bias, and hypocrisy. I saw multiple people fired for unethical reasons. I also knew several older employees who expressed the fact that HR is completely biased towards any complaints about management. I conducted – more... a survey for school with about 20 different employees. Half of them stated they were not treated fairly and that they were told/promised things by management without seeing follow through. Though there are some wonderful top level executives, there is also some very unethical behavior exemplified by their chief officers. – less
Great company to work for
Customer Service/ Prayer Counselor (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAAugust 31, 2012
Pros: incentives
Cons: not much room for advancement, times have changed though
At CBN you find out what customer service truely means. The management staff are great at assisting meet performance requirements and also are great counselors for your personal life.
Not a friendly work place
CBN (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAJune 14, 2012
Pros: its a job
Cons: hours, rude treatment, feeling of entitlement
Not a good place to work. Can't trust your co-workers. Management out to fire people
Working with a mission in mind
Administrative Assistant / Event Cooridnator (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAApril 13, 2012
Pros: good pay
Cons: often worked with a micro management boss
Coordinate high scale events. Enjoyed the fast pace time schedule.
good work environment
Digital Editor (Former Employee), HerefordMay 24, 2013
go in to work and upload episode from DVCAM tape to computer then edit it in final cut pro and export from computer to blank tape or device requested. i learned how to use different devices like the DVD and CD copier i also learned a little about wiring the DVCAM and BATACAM machines together to copy from tape to tape. i enjoyed the job there was the – more... occasional challenge but that was fun to. – less