Christian Brothers Automotive

Christian Brothers Automotive Employee Reviews

Very long hours and tyrannical franchise owners
Service manager (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKJuly 8, 2015
Pros: Clean buildings, nice equipment
Cons: hours, management, expectations, lack of follow up.
I got to work before 7am and cleaned everything making it ready while also recording all the information for every vehicle dropped off over night. The owner would then stroll in after 8 am and expect everything to be done to his standards. I would find solutions to help a customer out and every time the franchise owner would take all the credit. If I had to tell the client bad news the franchise owner was nowhere to be found. I had no support at all. Training in Houston was a lot of fun and very well done. I came back thinking I would be doing this job for years to come. Very quickly the 60+ hour work weeks and constant negative attitudes wore me out. I was made to feel ignorant and stupid on most days. The company ignored my complaints and even went so far as to force a very uncomfortable meeting with the franchise owner who threatened me with my job if I ever spoke out again. The owner knows nothing about cars and says he rather disliked cars. I am a mechanic/restorer and own my own part time hot rod shop. He made me feel as if I knew nothing about cars and would actually tell clients completely wrong information then blame any negative reaction on me. I watched my technicians walk out the door one after another and nothing was ever done about it. I watched good people get charged very high prices for simple repairs, while wealthy people were given discounts by the owner trying to make new friends on the city council.
"christan" brothers.....
Automotive Technician (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJuly 1, 2015
Pros: easily dupped customers who come in because it says the word christian in the name
Cons: watch your back......
I was let go because I had to go away for a month due to national guard. they didnt say that, but they magically couldnt afford to keep me on after I came back and had hired another tech.
A Different Car Repair Experiencee
Franchise Owner/Operator (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 30, 2015
As the owner/operator of the franchised business the one most important impact I had on the future of the business was interaction with customers.

Work Life Balance is a key foundation to the Christian Brothers Automotive founding philosophy. The business is closed on Saturday & Sunday which attracts top mechanical talent leading to a superior service/repair.
Christian Brothers
Automotive Technician (Former Employee), Yukon, OKJune 10, 2015
Pros: Weekends off, Lunch is bought for on Fridays.
Cons: No advancent, Management ignores problems.
This was a good company to work for when there was enough work for the staff. When the work load dropped. There was an extreme amount of standing around by 3 out of 4 technicians. Dispatch was not handled correctly. Management did not address concerns in a timely manner or at all. Overall it is a solid company to work. There is zero opportunity for advancement. I do not regret trying this company out. However, it did prove to not be a very good fit for me.
Overall a good company to work for
Service Manager / Branch Manager (Former Employee), College Station, TXMay 7, 2015
Pros: Monday - Friday
Cons: Lack of support from owner/ceo
Daily routine consisted of opening and closing the shop - Monday thru Friday. Received/greeted customers, wrote information of specific concerns and dispatched to technician. Based upon technician findings, built estimate (while shopping for both the best priced parts and most readily available parts), called customer for approval, sold repair, ordered parts, delivered parts to techs, called customer when done and pick up customer as needed.

Managed 3-6 employees daily.
Oversaw inventory and communicated with part representatives.

Most challenging issue was working with an off-site owner who did not engage with the inner-dynamics of personnel.

Best part of the job is working with other like minded repair shops within the Christian Brothers family to change the public perception of automotive repair facilities.
franchise ran by someone who knows nothing about cars
Line Mechanic (Current Employee), Highlands Ranch, COApril 23, 2015
Pros: owner stocked freezer with food
Cons: no breaks forced to stay late
It was a descent bust shop with good tech's. although the advisiors and the owner didn't really know anything about cars. We were constantly getting wrong parts. They would make us stay late to finish cars that they promised with out knowing how much work we already had. they lacked communication and took advantage of us
Honesty and Integrity
Master ASE Technician (Former Employee), Cedar Park, TexasFebruary 24, 2015
Christian Brothers Automotive in Cedar Park is an amazing company. The owners are wonderful. I thank them for the opportunity to work for them.

I transferred to a location closer to my house... which ended up being a very bad idea. Wish I would have stayed in Cedar Park. The owner for the branch in Hutto eventually lost the location for whatever reason... which not wishing bad things on people but it has done great things for that location and the business in general. Not all owners are righteous and godly. I give huge props and kudos to this franchise in all the efforts they do!! They take care of the customers and employees which is hard to do both.
Busy, high paced.
Technician (Former Employee), Highlands Ranch, COOctober 22, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: no lunch breaks, late nights, not enough pay to justify the hours. christian theme is a ploy, greediest people i ever worked for.
If you like long hours, no lunches and being falsely told thanks for your hard work, then this is the place for you.
Learned about customer service and negotiation.
Customer Service (Former Employee), atlanta.gaOctober 21, 2014
Pros: great training and teamwork.
Cons: none.
Excellent work environment. Mane and helpful. Enjoyed the teamwork aspect of helping fellow employees. most difficult part was not being able to handle all jobs in the time required by the customers.
Work crew is like family.
SERVICE MANAGER (Former Employee), North Richland Hills, TXSeptember 21, 2014
Pros: family atmosphere, greatest customers anyone could ask for
Cons: no lunches
Technicians are honest and take pride in providing the best diagnosis for repairing your car.
Great company
Service Writer / Sales Manager (Current Employee), Memphis, TNJuly 18, 2014
Pros: lack of micro management
Cons: lack of benefits
Management- Todd Few, the owner is an outstanding guy and treats his employees with the most respect out of any boss that I have had.

Co-Workers- Technicians do not like to interact with me, because they feel I am a well off, over educated business person, with no automotive industry experience.

Hardest Part of Job- Invoicing at the end of month

Most enjoyable part- My boss
Good place to work, and you definitely learn a lot
Assistant Mechanic (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOMay 12, 2014
Pros: good people, great hours
After a few weeks of working there my typical day consisted of performing oil changes and car inspections as well as cleaning the bay areas when they were not in use. My co-workers were a great help since I could always go to them if I needed help or a question with something I did not understand. The most enjoyable part of the job was being around cars all day.
Wonderful ethical place to work!
Assistant Service Manager/Writer (Current Employee), North Richland HIllsApril 14, 2014
Pros: love the downtime between rushes, free lunch friday
Cons: no benefits
Love being able to interact with customers, and handle very difficult situations with everyone. This is a non commission place and makes the stress level very manageable each and everyday. I do go home each night with a sense of accomplishment and success.
Great work environment, always a challenge, was able to learn something new every day.
Service Advisor (Current Employee), Flower Mound, TXFebruary 1, 2014
Pros: great boss, great co-workers, christian environment, ethical environment, get to see and drive really cool cars, weekends off, salary, tiered bonuses
Cons: long hours, misinformed/skeptical customers
My typical work day consists of getting to work a little before 7 a.m. I then get the lobby and office ready for customers. Then, the rest of my day is spent taking in customers and checking them out after repairs and services have been made to their vehicles. I also assist in the sales of the automotive repairs and services which includes receiving the recommendations from the technicians and transferring it into an easy to process presentation to the customer via a phone call or in person to help prolong the life of their vehicle. I have learned most how to communicate and how important it is to do so if there is to be an efficient, enjoyable work environment. The hardest part of my job is informing the customer of catastrophic damage to their vehicle, but the best part is providing them with some of the best automotive repairs.
Good mindset, good goals
General Manager (Former Employee), Acworth, GAJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: being able to help customers.
Cons: not able to satisfy all of the customers.
Long hours, good customer base. Some employees have a higher than normal opinion of themselves.
Great company in all
Seeking Franchisee Ownership (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 30, 2013
Pros: qualified techs
Cons: no emplyee 401k
Great Managers school. Great staff, A good company to trust your vehicle with.
Good christian enviorment
Copperfield- Service Advisor (Former Employee), Houston,TxJuly 26, 2013
Not everyday was the same there. I learned a lot about my self from working there and how hard of a worker i really can be.
see below comments
SERVICE WRITER / MANAGER (Former Employee), Sugar Land, TXJuly 18, 2013
CB was an intimate and amicable environment. I found it rewarding working for the company because the technicians were very competent and the service rended to the customers was excellent.
A typical day at CB was being one of the first employees at the shop. I had to open the drawer, count the money, balance the financial book, turn on the computers, make sure the Techs were clocked in and assigned their daily work order. I welcomed customers into the shop, entered their service order request via computer and assigned it to a Tech. I called vendors, major part companies and car dealership to order parts and any other item the customer may need to complete the service for his/her vehicle. I worked with and communicated with the Tech's to make sure the work was done properly and correctly on the customer's vehicles. I was a liason between our customers and our tech's and ensured excellent customer service as well as addressed any questions or concerns from our customers. I was responsible for closing the shop which included counting money and closing the drawer. Input companies financial report for the day via computer, closing all customers tickets, making sure tech's shop was clean and secure and set company's alarm system and locked doors.
sdfsdjnj
Heavy Line Technician (Current Employee), Friendswood, TXApril 10, 2013
love my job wish it had more work for me to complete. there was only 5 employees total including the owner. the hardest part was working with a vehicle i was unfamiliar with.
Honest, pricey repairs with issues
Former Service Manager (Former Employee), DFWNovember 21, 2012
Pros: being honest
Cons: some owner's are profit driven
Christian Brothers is a great company to work for and get quality work performed but if they get an “F” in any area its in 2 areas. 1) Owner’s are pressured to attain a certain (high) profit percentage and total sales to win “Awards” at the yearly owner’s meeting, 2) The Home Office fails to regularly “go into the field” and visit all the stores, old and new, to insure policies are being adhered to. Some store owners take it on themselves to be open on Saturdays (contrary to Mark Carr’s statement on the CBAC web site M-F, 7-6.) and open their stores 6 days a week. Others change the pay policy for service managers/writers from salaried to commission or smaller salary plus commission in order to increase profit and minimize losses on slow months. Greed causes this! A commissioned employee must “sell” to make money. A Salaried employee looks after the customer’s interest first and makes the customer happy. Some owners insist on higher gross profit percentages well in excess of 60%. Some store owners cut the paid labor hours back on the technicians but still charge the customer the higher amount to increase the shop’s profit while stealing from their mechanics.
In the beginning, 1982,
Mark Carr (the CEO, President and owner of store #1, never wanted his shop managed this way. His beliefs were M-F, 7-6, Saturday for the family and Sunday for God. The customer was to leave the store happy, always. As Mark’s company has grown immensely, many stores are left to fend for themselves and others take advantage of the lack of supervision and charge more than they should.

The owner/CEO/President Mark Carr is a fine, honest, Christian man, but his personal reach is not long enough to hug all the store owners or set straight the lost sheep. He needs better sheep dogs.

January 4, 2013

AMEN!!!! I could not have said it more politically correct.....Mark's original philosophy is not being carried out... he meant well but now he depends on his support management to make sure it is done,however it is not being done.. Believe it or not not everyone in his organization is really a born again believer and definetly not all of his franchise owners ...That is the brutal truth.. Mark needs to re dedicate himself..But unfortunately the service managers pay the price with their jobs, especially when a new franschisee comes in..Even though most of them know nothing about the business. But it is amazing how they know about greed and not really doin it Mark's way.. Corporate doe not have a clue what really goes on.. The numbers only show you so much... God Bless..

Headquarters