Christian Brothers Automotive Employee Reviews

Review
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  O'Fallon, MOOctober 9, 2017
A typical day at work is checking customers, checking over p&l reports, making sure all parts are here and accounted for. management is a bit loose on me but they do micromanage those employees that need it.
Hard to beat the pay or the people
Technician a (Current Employee) –  Ankeny, IAOctober 4, 2017
Where to start. We are a new cba shop but so far it is the best indy ive been at. 18 years at this game and no one pays like these guys. Training is top notch. Company provided scan tools and pass thru is amazing. Great and up to date equipment and oh the bennes.but expensive. Compensation is amazing family atmosphere is excellent
Pros
Too long a list
Great Place to Work
AMBASSADOR - MASTER TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXSeptember 24, 2017
It's a company driven to be the best. Each location is a small group of people focused on serving others and providing a good work environment. I would recommend to anyone in the automotive service industry.
Pros
good pay, weekend off, good people, steady work
Cons
50hr + work week, not the most efficent processes but it works
Great place to work if you like working 12 hrs a day, and for free
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, COSeptember 20, 2017
I hope Christian brothers is a good company but wouldn't know it from this location. Owner is very greedy and fake. He doesn't know a lug nut from a gas cap but can still tell you how to do your job. Seems like a good guy at first but doesn't take long to realized that he doesn't care about anything but the money. Suppose to work 11 hrs a day but ends up being closer to 14. Work most of the day for free and have to work late to catch up. Shop is small and one tech per bay. Constant wrong parts. If you're considering working here I would recommend looking elsewhere.
Pros
Good techs
Cons
Everything else
Great mechanics , terrible management.
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Clermont, FLSeptember 15, 2017
The mechanics were some of the best I've ever worked with. Service manger is a real hot-head. The owner doesn't seem to know what is best for his employes.
Let go due to religious indifference.
Technician (Former Employee) –  Monument, COAugust 30, 2017
The monument shop is over staffed and slow. They use low quality parts to repair vehicles. The foreman is belittling and unsupportive. If your not Christian faith they don't want you there.
Pros
Cons
Allot
poor owner in valley park
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Valley Park, MOAugust 25, 2017
was fired because owner didnt think i was a good fit. best advisor he had after 5 months. customers were great loved the job. was increasing sales. and we had very high customer satisfaction
Pros
great company
Cons
ower in valley park shouldnt run this type of buissness., has no knowledge of it(is a county election official)
Great place to work, if you get the right owner.
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  North Kansas City, MOAugust 23, 2017
So, Christian brothers is the only job I regret leaving. Long hours yes, unlike other reviews I received an hour paid break a day. The days are 11 hrs with an hour lunch, so 10 hrs. Lots of lies on here, it's sad. No benefits, but did have an $800 a month insurance offset at the location I managed. High prices but worth it, they actually care.
Pros
Lunch if we did $15k, great reputations
Cons
They are starting to loose their way when it comes to pay and their price matrix.
Great Enviroment Miss It!!!
Assistant Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Cypress, TXAugust 22, 2017
I really enjoyed working for this company. It was like working with family and very comfortable. I miss working there but I quit to become a stay at home mom. My children are both in school so now I am looking for small part time work.
Pros
flexible
If you're going to be in this industry, this is the company to work for.
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  TexasAugust 17, 2017
It's all about the owner (franchisee). You get on with a great owner who has bought into the culture, respects the troops, and gets what customer service is all about, then CBA is the hot lick place to work. You get a less than desirable owner, it can be rough to say the least. Best part is weekends off, but at the expense of some very long tough days during the week. Like most small shops, getting time off during operation hours can be challenging as your absence has a greater effect on the shop operation. The shop is very hot in the summer, comfortable in the winter. Corporate training is available, but not all owners will foot expense to send you to Houston or Austin to train. Customers are still mostly the same but with the name "Christian" on the building, you are held to a different level of accountability. You will get your nose rubbed in it occasionally if you don't give the customer what they expect, whether it is realistic or not. You're still running a business, not a charity.
Pros
Weekends off. Christian culture. Better clientele.
Cons
No 401K. Long days. Shop is very hot.
Great company, great people, great culture!
Senior Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 16, 2017
I had the opportunity to work for this company and the time I spent there is still something I look back on with joy. The management is full of great leaders. There is plenty of opportunity for personal and career growth. The people that work there genuinely care for one another and lasting friendships were forged. I would highly recommend this company to anyone who is interested.
Pros
Monday through Friday workweek
Cons
There is a lot of overtime during peak season
Decent place for a flat rate shop
Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 3, 2017
Better than a dealer, better than most indy shops. I enjoyed most of my time with CBA. They get a 4 out of 5 from me in this declining industry. CBA tris hard to keep the shops uniform, but its still a franchise. There are some that I would never go to and some that I would probably never leave.
Pros
Excellent training if you get lucky enough to go to the corporate training center, weekends off, most owners are genuine Christians, most shops are well equipped with scan tooling & J2534, most owners do outreach to community & individuals
Cons
LONG hours, no guaranteed salary, Flat rate = no cars, No money, expected to do free check outs, benefits are rediculously expensive
fast pace from time to time
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Shawnee, KSJuly 18, 2017
There are busy days and are full of learning experiences from co-workers. Great workplace culture. Always meeting new people from day to day. Managers made it fun and enjoyable each day...
Pros
set schedules
Cons
from time to time hot in the garage
very stressful work place
Master Automotive Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 20, 2017
The business is a franchise. The owners have no prior automotive experience. They love to over flow the shops with techs. They offer good flat rate pay but having to many techs in the shop causes a real problem with making hours. The shops aren't all the same. management styles, pay, and work flow are different from place to place. I did enjoy the job in the beginning but it quickly went south mostly due to how the shop was run. Think twice about working for them.
Pros
no wknds
Cons
To much to list
Pay low
Technician (Former Employee) –  Corinth, TXJune 19, 2017
I didn't enjoy my job here. The management wasn't the best and the paid very low wages for the work required. Rude employees. People not willing to do there job correctly.
Can be a fun place to work.
SERVICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Garland/Lewisville/McKinney/CarrolltonJune 1, 2017
Not a 9-5 job you will work 13 HR days 5 days straight but there are benefits also like heath ins and weekends off. When with the right franchise owner you can accomplish more things than most shops or dealers.
Pros
weekends off health insurance
Cons
longs hours no breaks
Professional Workers and kind atmosphere
General Service Tech (Current Employee) –  Collierville, TNJune 1, 2017
working at Christian Brothers can be stressful at some points when every one gets snowed under but for the most part its is pretty well balanced and organized.
Pros
Free breakfast every Wednesday and Friday.
Cons
Amazing company with amazing people
Corporate Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Katy, TXMay 19, 2017
I thank God every day that I get to come to work here. I never knew that companies like this existed. The people are genuine, the company is great, and the management is superb. I don't see myself ever going anywhere else. They care about each of their employees and their families.

The company is growing and expanding. I am very excited to be apart of that growth.
Pros
Weekends off, great pay, fun group to work with - great culture
Cons
Not a single one.
Same as so many others
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Anywhere, USAMay 16, 2017
Owners have no car business experience. Some use the experience of their employees to their advantage, others micromanage and refuse to admit their limitations. Poor benefits, long hours, higher than average sales goals. Their prices are higher than the car dealership! Sales expectations higher than any other shop in town. Greed!!! Christian Bros name just smoke and mirrors. They only care about the almighty dollar! There is a reason many have a high turnover of techs and advisors. Corporate Christian Bros is a great organization with a good business model up to the point of splitting profits with the owner. This requires price to the customer to be way too high.
Pros
Weekends off.
Cons
Long hours, expectation of no breaks, greed!
Official response from Christian Brothers Automotive
May 22, 2017

Dear Sir/Mam,

I would like to sincerely apologize for any negative experiences that you may have had during your time with our organization. It is our goal to provide the best possible working environment for everyone in the Christian Brothers Automotive Family. While it is never fun to receive negative feedback, I would like to thank you for you for sharing your experience. I can assure you that your voice has been heard.

From everyone at Christian Brothers Automotive, we wish you only the best in your future business endeavors.

Sincerely,
Christian Brothers Automotive

Great place to work.
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 1, 2017
Christian Brothers is a great opportunity for those looking for stable environment with a lot of help available. Service is first and Technicians are excellent and treated well. All around a great place to learn and further your career.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Christian Brothers Automotive. Our community is ready to answer.