Christian Brothers Automotive

Christian Brothers Automotive Employee Reviews

Wasnt impressed
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSDecember 12, 2016
Was given a guarantee with the promise i could make more hours than that...never happened...The managers would sell work the customers didnt need ...if they could sell anything at all...I would suggest you look elsewhere unless you are ok with not making any hours.
Pros
nice shop with new equipment
Cons
no work, managers selling work not needed
Good place to work for someone without adult responsibilities
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  AnywhereDecember 9, 2016
Nice shop,modern equipment but very hard to turn flat rate hours,very inconsistent work load,inexperienced management
who are pressured to maintain a very high gross profit percentage with little in mind to labor paid to techs,company does not pay technicians holiday pay,personal days or sick days,no advancement opportunities,never able to service or repair your own vehicle,it's a constant give give give with nothing in return except a paycheck that is short of your financial needs no matter how hard you try,this would be a good job for someone who lives at home with their parents and had little to no responsibilities otherwise your in Big Trouble Financially if you think about taking a job here,this may be a okay job for a Service Manager or Service Advisor but not for a Tech.
Pros
Like the people I work with
Cons
Little to no breaks, no benefits other than exspensive priced insurance
General Service
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXNovember 28, 2016
I did oil changes, changed light bulbs, spark plug replacement, state inspections as well as keep the shop clean. I was able to assist in the technicians in the big jobs that were being completed.
Ehhhh
Lubrication Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 26, 2016
I didn't care to work with the people, and the only way I made it through the day is to just focus on what I had to do and not talk to anyone throughout my day.
Weekends off are great
Automotive Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  TexasSeptember 28, 2016
I said all that I needed to in the pros and cons. I enjoyed working for the company but I got to a point where there were no more advancement opportunities and I wanted more.
Pros
Weekends off, decent salary once there a while
Cons
Long hours, Owners are stressful to work for, Limited advancement opportunies
Great people great place to work.
SERVICE ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXSeptember 28, 2016
I could not say anything bad about this company. Loved all the people working there and management was great and caring. I enjoyed mostly being able to help people out when needed(free oil change, free repairs, discounts on repairs for customers) Making someone's day.
Pros
Great work enviornment
Cons
Not the place I was told it would be
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSSeptember 27, 2016
Way more hours required to work than told about during the interview.
Barely Able to take any lunch breaks.
Just like every other shop in town.
Cons
no breaks, owner disrespectful to employees, lied to about pay, lied to about hours to be worked during interview.
Not bad at all
Technician (Current Employee) –  Wake Forest, NCSeptember 10, 2016
While the owners are "green" when it comes to the business, I haven't worked for nicer people. They did a great job finding their service manager. Keeping techs here seems difficult for whatever reason. I've had better benefits packages. All in all its a "nice difference"
Pros
Great staff. No weekends or major holidays
Cons
Not great benefits
Management is great, Atmosphere is Awesome, Benefits are great
GST (Current Employee) –  Magnolia, TXMay 30, 2016
Management is very caring and supportive and very understanding. A typical day at work involves cleaning the shop, performing vehicle repairs, including brakes steering and suspension, electrical, engine performance, and State Inspections. Co-workers are friendly. I learned more tricks of the trade. The hardest part of the job is scheduling. The most enjoyable parts of the job are the customers and the experiences.
Pros
Free lunches, Long Breaks, 401k Retirement Plan
Cons
Long Hours in the day
Able to share my faith at work
Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  West Wichita, KSMay 19, 2016
I have enjoyed the experience of working with Christian Brothers Automotive. The owner is on site at all times and interacts with customers and employees alike. There is a lot of room for advancement because of the growth of the organization.
The best thing is being able to promote my faith and work with some great customers to provide ethical and honest automotive service.
Pros
No weekends
Cons
Short breaks
Great enviroment and atmosphere.
Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 5, 2016
Excellent place to work. Definitely a high expectation for integrity and excellence. The training is focused on providing employees with necessary tools for great customer service.
Poor management skills
Shop Foreman (Former Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GAMarch 28, 2016
Has no ethnics, when it comes to the valve of employees. Nor valve a(n) employees benefits. Lack of communication skills in management. The hard part about this job, is watching co-works be treated like they are worthless.
Pros
Great place and equipment to work with
Cons
lack of communication skills (employer-employee)
Thought it'd be a reputable company to work for...I was so wrong
Auto Technician (Former Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GAMarch 24, 2016
left a decent job to work for them and was let go after two weeks! Two weeks--hadn't even had a change to get my feet wet. I would say that while the owner seemed nice and legit at the interview, the assistant manager runs things and has a major attitude. I have over 20 years exp in the automotive tech business and have never been let go..ever.
I would advise people applying here to be very careful and have a fall back just in case.
Pros
owner seemed nice in the beginning and benefits appeared to be good
Cons
actual shop is run by someone who has no people skills, micro management to the fullest extent. Very difficult personality.
Nice place to work
General Service Technician (Current Employee) –  IndependneceFebruary 29, 2016
Work Place is very clean and people are very friendly and care about each other. This Automotive shop cares about their customers and employees
Pros
payed holidays
Cons
health care to expensive
Great at the corporate level, not so much at the store level
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIFebruary 26, 2016
The home office processes, people and integrity are top notch. The franchise owners typically know nothing about business. This is okay if you are working for a franchisee who is not stubborn and doesn't have a big ego. Be very cautious when choosing who the owner is and how it is to work for them. Lots of hours without breaks, poor benefits, unrealistic expectations, growth potential if you are with the right owners.
Pros
Great corporate support
Cons
Owners who know nothing about cars or running a business.
Outstanding Place to work.
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  North Kansas City, MOFebruary 26, 2016
This is the only job that I truly regret leaving. I left to come back to AAMCO after being successful at Christian Brothers on Barry Rd. The owner, staff and Corperation were all above industry standard, their training is second to none in automotive and sales training.
Pros
Everything here is great
Cons
I have discovered nothing bad
Greedy and dishonest Owners
Technician (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXFebruary 20, 2016
I worked with CB more that 8 yr it use to be a good place to work as a tech ,it use to be a very integrity and honest shop but a lot things has been change ,Now this company only care about $$$ instead taken care customer using the cheapest aftermarket parts and none ASE technician
Pros
nice and clean shop
Cons
no benefits
Challenging and rewarding
Service Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Suwanee, GAFebruary 17, 2016
Christian Brothers Automotive has a great concept and in my opinion is the best place to get your car services. The over all culture is trust and good values. It is the best auto repair company I have ever worked for.
Pros
Off on weekends
Cons
No benefits
Fun, love the employees, steady work
Technician - Perform light and heavy duty repairs (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 22, 2015
Steady work, great environment to work in, Christmas bonuses, technicians work as a team, weekends off to spend with your family.
Pros
weekends off, great work environment, always learning new technogly
Cons
benefits are not that good, no 401K
Very productive and well orginized
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  HoustonOctober 1, 2015
Christian Brothers Automotive is not your typical auto repair shop. We practice an ethical business model and work to discover the right solution for your vehicle and Systems used by our franchise owners
Pros
flexible
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Christian Brothers Automotive. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9