Christian Brothers University Employee Reviews in United States

Rewarding
Stewardship and Research Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 16, 2016
Pluses and minuses like any work place. Great holiday schedule. My department has had a lot of turn over, but we have a good team now moving forward.
IT Student Worker
Desktop Support Technician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 27, 2016
Please note the rating above is based on my time as a student worker, not full fledged faculty.

Tasks varied from day to day, but allowed for plenty of experience relevant to desktop support. Immediate supervisor was very understanding, and easy going. Offered invaluable training and tips whenever possible. Most of my troubleshooting knowledge and software deployment skills were instilled and developed by my supervisor. At the time, the most difficult part of the job was heavy lifting and transporting computer equipment around campus. The best and worst part of the job were the short hours.
Pros
Short hours, hands on training if requested, little supervision.
Cons
Short hours.
Upon request
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 28, 2015
My review on CBU will be given upon request from a prospective employer or to a prospective employee. My review is confidential unless personally requested.
fun workplace with great people
Intramural Commissioner (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 15, 2015
worked with the faculty and staff to make sure intrumurals and events were fun for students and were at the best of the ability of the school
Pros
people
Cons
pay
Super caring school
HR Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 4, 2015
The professors are not there for the money. They really care about whether the students learn or not. The faculty and staff are supportive of the students and are focused on the whole learning experience (life and education).
Pros
fulfilling and rewarding work environment
Cons
low pay
Great Engineering school with a focus in quality education
Math Center Internship (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 16, 2015
This is reviewing my experience as a tutor at Christian Brothers. It was working under their Math Center Services where I would tutor about 5+ hours a week. Most people would come into our office and inquire about Math or Physics problems they were having difficulty solving. The office was primarily run by the CBU student body and I really enjoyed working together with them to help others.
Pros
It was on-campus.
Cons
Did not provide many hours
Good community workplace
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 7, 2015
CBU is a great place to work. The campus is so cozy. It's like Cheers - everybody knows your name! Departments are small. The work load can be high on one person.
Pros
Not chained to your desk.
Cons
Departments are small, not enough manpower for the job.
Great place to work!
Resident Director (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 6, 2015
I enjoyed working a Christian Brothers University. The staff were friendly and helpful. I met a lot of amazing people from all walks of life.
Pros
Learning Environment
Good environment
Adjunct Professor of Spanish (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 30, 2014
I taught Elementary and Intermediate Spanish at Christian Bros. University. I enjoyed working with the students and engaging them in volunteer projects in the local community.
The most awesome learning institution in Memphis!
Human Resource Assistant Work Study Assignment (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 21, 2014
The professors really care about your education and the school does everything they can to ensure that you are successful upon graduation.
Productive and Fun workplace
Castings Co-editor (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 19, 2014
Because I was an intern, I knew that I was there to gain knowledge and boy did I gain a lot? I learned a lot about a lot of facets of education, editing, writing and business. An awesome atmosphere. Managers were very supportive and awesome and treated me like a member of the family.
Pros
free lunches, awesome breaks and managers
Cons
internship so no compensation
Productive/Fun/ Fullfiling
Event Management (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 13, 2014
I enjoyed working here but I wish the pay was better and not seasonal.
Pros
productive
Cons
school
Extremely social campus. Fantastic Education
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  MemphisMarch 26, 2013
Christian Brothers University provides it students with a great education and basis for learning. Students are exposed to daily classes with highly qualified and experienced professors.

Living on Campus, students are exposed to cultural clubs, Greek life, sporting opportunities and much more.

Position of Resident Assistant allowed the development of programing, strategies for resident interaction and position of responsibility.
Productive workplace
Administrative Assistant -Data Services (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 12, 2012
A quiet workplace that allowed for study time in conjunction with having to do Administrative Assignments as well.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Christian Brothers University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3