Christian Brothers University Employee Reviews

Not very Lasallian
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 16, 2017
There is little room to grow within the company unless you send $100,000+ going in to debt to get your PhD, only then do they offer you an okay pay with benefits, which is opposite of the Lasallian values they teach. The people that work there are great, the professors are great and you can learn a lot from them. It is a close, family like community.
Pros
Good workplace culture
Cons
No benefites
Great school...
Adjunct Professor of English (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 28, 2017
I've enjoyed my work experience with CBU. They are open to new curriculum and ideas on engagement with students. The administrative and faculty are second to none. The students are a great diversity of cultures which is great for my type of classes.
Okay
Enrollment Advisor (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 29, 2017
Has its benefits and lack there of. I would do my research and decide for myself to see if CBU would be the place for you. So, good luck! I wish you the best!
Pros
Food
Cons
No Diversity
Great Enviroment
Peer Tutor (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 1, 2017
Christian Bothers University is a great place to work in. The entire faculty is extremely diverse and really friendly; additionally, they are inclusive of everyone.
Pros
Some free lunches
Cons
no helthcare
I love this place and wouldnt mind going back
Basketball Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 20, 2017
Managing the boys basketball team at Christian Brothers was the best job I have ever had. The coaching does a great job of mixing up a joking fun attittude with a winning culture. The guys on the team all have high character but are all unique in thier game and personality.
Flexible and great to work for!
Peer Tutor (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 18, 2017
This job lets you create your own hours and has you preform within your abilities. I've learned that everyone learns different, which is also the hardest part of the job. I've also learned new techniques and styles to teach material to people and I enjoyed helping students learn. Very easy going and has a ton of job security.
Pros
Flexible hours.
Cons
Must be a student within Christian Brothers University.
A Great Place to Teach
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 19, 2017
The students made this job worth it! The admin and general staff were helpful and friendly. The working environment was peaceful. Although the pay was not much, the working environment and work/life balance added up to make the experience a great one.
Pros
students, staff, staff support
Cons
pay
Great place to develop your skills
Multimedia Intern (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 27, 2017
Working at Christian Brothers University has greatly assisted in developing my skills as an Intern in Events Management office. I have learned how to conduct myself in a professional manner and I have learned what it takes to work a full time Events Management job.
Cbu
Director of Alumni & Volunteer Development (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 15, 2017
CBU is a great place to make significant change immediately. each department shares in the continued growth and prosperity of the university which is a pro and a con.
Pros
great work environment if you are proactive
Cons
you might wear a lot of hats and not be compensated accordingly
It was alright.
Advanced Math Tutor (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 5, 2016
Teachers are great. Brothers are amazing. The administration is awful. To the Lasalion values only matter when it benefits them and their wallet, they do not embrace the kindness that they preach about.
Relaxed Workplace
Assistant Pool Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 19, 2016
Very relaxed workplace. One lifeguard on at a time. Job was very easy. Learned some small team management skills. Myself and another employee were basically in charge of all aspects of the pool
Pathetic
Campus Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 14, 2016
Campus police has a fake department. A bunch of fired police officers including the chief and assistant chief. Both fired from real departments and never got over the fact the state of Tennessee would never let them wear a real badge again. So they made up a campus police department that is security guards and civilians mocking the police. One day maybe I'll visit them when they are where there supposed to be. In jail
Pros
Cons
The job offer itself
Good work place
Graduate Admissions Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 29, 2016
I currently work as graduate admissions team lead, the place is fun to work. Sometimes the workload is heavy but my superior cooperates with me to divide the work up. I personally feel very comfortable working here.
Pros
Very understanding
Cons
Salary low
this place is a complete joke
Patrolman (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 24, 2016
Christian brothers univ is a joke. There isn't a person there that is willing to help a another. The students are rude as well as the staff and they all think they are entitled. The campus police dept I hear so much about is ran by a coward who is to scared to stand up for himself and does whatever they tell him to do. He is a puppet. I wouldn't work there or send my kids there.
Pros
Cons
everything
Rewarding
Stewardship and Research Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 16, 2016
Pluses and minuses like any work place. Great holiday schedule. My department has had a lot of turn over, but we have a good team now moving forward.
IT Student Worker
Desktop Support Technician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 27, 2016
Please note the rating above is based on my time as a student worker, not full fledged faculty.

Tasks varied from day to day, but allowed for plenty of experience relevant to desktop support. Immediate supervisor was very understanding, and easy going. Offered invaluable training and tips whenever possible. Most of my troubleshooting knowledge and software deployment skills were instilled and developed by my supervisor. At the time, the most difficult part of the job was heavy lifting and transporting computer equipment around campus. The best and worst part of the job were the short hours.
Pros
Short hours, hands on training if requested, little supervision.
Cons
Short hours.
A positive place and fun environment to work.
Cook (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 17, 2015
A typical day would fun, positive and surrounded with lovely people. Working for this company gives you a chance to meet new people, be a positive influence to the students and you get grow within th company.
Pros
You get to meet new people on a daily.
Upon request
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 28, 2015
My review on CBU will be given upon request from a prospective employer or to a prospective employee. My review is confidential unless personally requested.
fun workplace with great people
Intramural Commissioner (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 15, 2015
worked with the faculty and staff to make sure intrumurals and events were fun for students and were at the best of the ability of the school
Pros
people
Cons
pay
Super caring school
HR Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 4, 2015
The professors are not there for the money. They really care about whether the students learn or not. The faculty and staff are supportive of the students and are focused on the whole learning experience (life and education).
Pros
fulfilling and rewarding work environment
Cons
low pay