Christian Brothers University Employee Reviews

Great place to develop your skills
Multimedia Intern (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 27, 2017
Working at Christian Brothers University has greatly assisted in developing my skills as an Intern in Events Management office. I have learned how to conduct myself in a professional manner and I have learned what it takes to work a full time Events Management job.
Cbu
Director of Alumni & Volunteer Development (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 15, 2017
CBU is a great place to make significant change immediately. each department shares in the continued growth and prosperity of the university which is a pro and a con.
Pros
great work environment if you are proactive
Cons
you might wear a lot of hats and not be compensated accordingly
It was alright.
Advanced Math Tutor (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 5, 2016
Teachers are great. Brothers are amazing. The administration is awful. To the Lasalion values only matter when it benefits them and their wallet, they do not embrace the kindness that they preach about.
Relaxed Workplace
Assistant Pool Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 19, 2016
Very relaxed workplace. One lifeguard on at a time. Job was very easy. Learned some small team management skills. Myself and another employee were basically in charge of all aspects of the pool
Pathetic
Campus Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 14, 2016
Campus police has a fake department. A bunch of fired police officers including the chief and assistant chief. Both fired from real departments and never got over the fact the state of Tennessee would never let them wear a real badge again. So they made up a campus police department that is security guards and civilians mocking the police. One day maybe I'll visit them when they are where there supposed to be. In jail
Pros
Cons
The job offer itself
Good work place
Graduate Admissions Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 29, 2016
I currently work as graduate admissions team lead, the place is fun to work. Sometimes the workload is heavy but my superior cooperates with me to divide the work up. I personally feel very comfortable working here.
Pros
Very understanding
Cons
Salary low
this place is a complete joke
Patrolman (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 24, 2016
Christian brothers univ is a joke. There isn't a person there that is willing to help a another. The students are rude as well as the staff and they all think they are entitled. The campus police dept I hear so much about is ran by a coward who is to scared to stand up for himself and does whatever they tell him to do. He is a puppet. I wouldn't work there or send my kids there.
Pros
Cons
everything
Rewarding
Stewardship and Research Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 16, 2016
Pluses and minuses like any work place. Great holiday schedule. My department has had a lot of turn over, but we have a good team now moving forward.
IT Student Worker
Desktop Support Technician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 27, 2016
Please note the rating above is based on my time as a student worker, not full fledged faculty.

Tasks varied from day to day, but allowed for plenty of experience relevant to desktop support. Immediate supervisor was very understanding, and easy going. Offered invaluable training and tips whenever possible. Most of my troubleshooting knowledge and software deployment skills were instilled and developed by my supervisor. At the time, the most difficult part of the job was heavy lifting and transporting computer equipment around campus. The best and worst part of the job were the short hours.
Pros
Short hours, hands on training if requested, little supervision.
Cons
Short hours.
A positive place and fun environment to work.
Cook (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 17, 2015
A typical day would fun, positive and surrounded with lovely people. Working for this company gives you a chance to meet new people, be a positive influence to the students and you get grow within th company.
Pros
You get to meet new people on a daily.
Upon request
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 28, 2015
My review on CBU will be given upon request from a prospective employer or to a prospective employee. My review is confidential unless personally requested.
fun workplace with great people
Intramural Commissioner (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 15, 2015
worked with the faculty and staff to make sure intrumurals and events were fun for students and were at the best of the ability of the school
Pros
people
Cons
pay
Super caring school
HR Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 4, 2015
The professors are not there for the money. They really care about whether the students learn or not. The faculty and staff are supportive of the students and are focused on the whole learning experience (life and education).
Pros
fulfilling and rewarding work environment
Cons
low pay
Great Engineering school with a focus in quality education
Math Center Internship (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 16, 2015
This is reviewing my experience as a tutor at Christian Brothers. It was working under their Math Center Services where I would tutor about 5+ hours a week. Most people would come into our office and inquire about Math or Physics problems they were having difficulty solving. The office was primarily run by the CBU student body and I really enjoyed working together with them to help others.
Pros
It was on-campus.
Cons
Did not provide many hours
Good community workplace
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 7, 2015
CBU is a great place to work. The campus is so cozy. It's like Cheers - everybody knows your name! Departments are small. The work load can be high on one person.
Pros
Not chained to your desk.
Cons
Departments are small, not enough manpower for the job.
Great place to work!
Resident Director (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 6, 2015
I enjoyed working a Christian Brothers University. The staff were friendly and helpful. I met a lot of amazing people from all walks of life.
Pros
Learning Environment
Good environment
Adjunct Professor of Spanish (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 30, 2014
I taught Elementary and Intermediate Spanish at Christian Bros. University. I enjoyed working with the students and engaging them in volunteer projects in the local community.
The most awesome learning institution in Memphis!
Human Resource Assistant Work Study Assignment (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 21, 2014
The professors really care about your education and the school does everything they can to ensure that you are successful upon graduation.
Productive and Fun workplace
Castings Co-editor (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 19, 2014
Because I was an intern, I knew that I was there to gain knowledge and boy did I gain a lot? I learned a lot about a lot of facets of education, editing, writing and business. An awesome atmosphere. Managers were very supportive and awesome and treated me like a member of the family.
Pros
Free lunches, awesome breaks and managers
Cons
Internship so no compensation
Productive/Fun/ Fullfiling
Event Management (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 13, 2014
I enjoyed working here but I wish the pay was better and not seasonal.
Pros
Cons
School

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Christian Brothers University. Our community is ready to answer.

Christian Brothers University Reviews by Location