Christian Care Communities Employee Reviews in United States

No management support
LPN (Former Employee) –  Corbin, KYJanuary 20, 2016
Awful company to work for. No raises, managent is awful, no back up when needed from management, cnas can say and do what they want to the nurses and management does nothing, as long as they have a body to fill the spot is all that matters. The Don has no idea how to do her job unless it means to sit behind her desk and act like she knows nothing about any of the problems. Cnas are allowed to call family members and tell them info that a nurse should inform them of. Dietary is always rude. The HR lady has no personality and is no help at all. It doesn't matter if u do your job or not no one gets in trouble.
Pros
Cons
Leaving was the best part
Sinking Ship
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYJune 14, 2016
Christian Health in theory is a great company being non profit, you do get a weekend differential. However there is always a shortage of CNAs so a lot of time you and another hall might be sharing an aide. There isn't enough staff to residents ratio even if everyone showed up for work (example one hall may have 18-20 residents who all need feeding or transfer assistance and have 2 aides, or will share an aide from another hall) Which is not illegal but isn't ethical since not everything can be done in a timely manner. You'll be constantly and I mean constantly called on your day off or asked to work later. The lower management I have seen play favorites but isn't afraid to get their hands dirty, the higher up management I have never seen push more than a wheelchair.
Pros
Weekend differential
Cons
Short staffed, bad management
Very Difficult Work Place.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 11, 2016
The nurse management team wasn't willing to help CNA's, it was very difficult working here because they was always short staffed. Employees didn't seem very interested in helping new members advance, people were very rude if they didn't find you interesting...
Pros
It was good for experience.
Cons
Employees had horrible customer service.
Not a good pick
Nursing (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 5, 2016
Not a good company to work for. Low pay scale and low morale. Rules are not enforced. Administration does a poor job. The facility is substandard.
Pros
Love the residents
Cons
Not a good company
One of the worst places to work for
Office (Former Employee) –  Hartford, KY Ohio CountyMarch 30, 2015
There is absolutely no communication and it is so ridiculous to many people trying to wear different hats not to mention you get no adequate training. One of the female managers thinks she is better than everyone else and literally acts like you are worthless. I would NOT recommend anyone getting sucked in you will be miserable! The company is so far in debt and they are not giving any raises this year. Way to treat your employees.
Pros
Cons
No training or communication
Would not recommend working here
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Louisville Ky West location (Magazine Street)June 22, 2016
I have a passion for the elderly and I thought I had found the perfect place to implement that. I could not have been more wrong. They claim to be a "Christian" company with morals and values. They do not support you or give proper training for that matter. I feel like this company failed me in so many ways.The COO does come around often, however it is only to make negative statements to you. I have never before in my nursing career woke up every morning dreading going to work. This is not why I became a nurse. There is favoritism and everyone is not held to the same working standard. I'm disappointed and saddened with this experience. I was so excited to be apart of a Christian family but that was far from what I experienced. When this company errors they do not own their mistakes, they instead look to see who they can blame the mistake on. They are always short staffed as well, which means you will be working extremely hard and the residents are the ones who suffer too. Your off days soon become your working days as well. I did not get the pay that I asked for, but the compensation was not bad, but does not match the pay at other nursing home facilities. I never felt that my job was secure, and I chose to leave before something happened either to my job or to my license. Some of the management team is good others are just followers. The culture of this job is not great. There is a lot of attitude and arguing in this company, and not much is done about it. In summary, I do not recommend working here. The residents are great but the environment and the management are not. Again  more... some the upper management is rude and not supportive. There is a few good ones, but the bad ones are destroying this company and ruining the hard work of others. I advise anyone looking for a job to simply scroll past this company and do not apply.  less
Pros
Discount lunch (that are good), great residents, well designed building
Cons
Non supportive, nasty attitudes, poor upper management
Great patients .. Horrible staff
CNA (Current Employee) –  KyJuly 15, 2015
Horrible place to work for .. The patients were the best part of this job . The supervision of Christian Care is ashame . She treats you like a dog , talks poorly to you , puts you down and never compliments you on anything you have done correct.. You only hear from them when they need you to work more hours or add patients to you . They never call to just say good job . Always short staff , scheduling that is whole story Itself ... You travel everywhere not just one county ... So all togather I would stay clear of this place
Pros
Flexible
Cons
management manners
What's so Christian about this place?
Cna (Current Employee) –  Louisville kyMarch 24, 2013
Unappreciated Cna staff. Overworked & underpaid. Management talks to employees like they are children. We used to get rewards for picking up shifts, they are snatching our incentives. Cnas no longer get annual raises. Every shift is short, agency is never called to help. Stupid point system and outrageous turnover rate.
Pros
close to downtown
Cons
management shows favoritism to employees, combative residents, constant low census, no raises!
I am satisfied.
LPN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Corbin, KYSeptember 14, 2013
I am the only nurse on my floor and shift. I take care of 58-61 patients. I perform phlebotomy, accu checks and give insulin for diabetics , start IV's, give medications, get and follow doctors orders, care for 9 G-Tubes, charting for all assigned, follow up on doctors orders for that day, take care of all emergencies and supervise and direct nursing aides. I encourage a CAN do attitude and work together as a team. I perform CNA's job when needed. Patient care comes first and for most before paperwork.
Time management is a big part of my job. I have learned to organize and manage my time with all of my duties to benefit my patient's assigned.
I enjoy and blessed to take care of the older generation. Working with the elderly can be fun and interesting. I enjoy hearing stories they offer. I consider all of them my extended family.
Pros
get to work with great people.
Cons
long hours and short breaks
internship
Occupational Therapy Assistant Intern (Former Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYSeptember 25, 2015
a typical day a work was full of learning experiernces. I learnded the correct way to document. As a student being able to treat patients increased my knowledge and service compency as a OTA student. This experience has increased my knowdelge with the geriatric community as well as acute care patients. There was a lot of variety in what i did each day, ranging from the monotonous tasks to new projects that were challenging and exciting.
Pros
increased service compencey
Cons
no pay internship
Great Job
Mental Health Associate (Former Employee) –  Danville, KYAugust 25, 2015
Working for a company that offers a product that you can stand behind 100% makes the job more enjoyable. The CEO is a wonderful person that is easy to talk to.
fun atmosphere with unexpected responses from participants
Activity Director/Program Associate (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 3, 2015
daily activities with seniors in a fun, loving environment that constantly encouraged each participant to strive to their best for themselves to improve their quality of life
Pros
working with seniors
Cons
short breaks
Short Staffed ALWAYS
registered nurse (Former Employee) –  Hopkinsville KYMarch 14, 2015
Staffing is always short. This is due to low pay, low morale and nonexistent help from higher management. Any suggestions or constructive criticism is responded to with attitude and taken personally instead of professionally. Chronic issues with lack of staffing.
Pros
wonderful residents
Cons
low morale, minimum pay, chronic staffing concers
Good Company
LPN/Staff Development Coordinator/Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KY 42104December 19, 2013
Good Company, Management very poor skills with understanding their employees.
Pros
high involvement in community, excellent benefits
Cons
management does not understand its employees
Good place to work and good people to serve and work with.
Bowling Green (Former Employee) –  Bowling GreenApril 17, 2013
If you don't enjoy the healthcare environment and working with seniors, this is not the place for you. Most LTC facilities are stressful - and this one can be too - but this facility cares. They are constantly doing fun stuff for the staff and trying to offer programs and benefits with their wellness committee and fun committee etc. There are opportunities to be involved if folks would only take advantage of them. And they truly care about the residents.

Good place.
This agency no longer serves adults with ID/DD
SCL Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Somerset, KYApril 1, 2014
This agency was excellent for providing services for individuals with ID/DD. This agency was less excellent for maintaining staff, providing opportunities for advancement, and maintaining working relationships with other agencies. In 2007, Christian Care Communities sold its adult ID/DD program to the highest-bidding agency. Very little incentive was provided to the staff who wished to remain with the parent company.
My experiences
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Louisville KYNovember 2, 2014
This was not the work environment that I would like to put in my resume or a place I would recommend, but the residents were amazing people!
Pros
assistance with school, lunch included for day shift
Cons
current management
Social and Caring Environment
Groundskeeper (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 13, 2014
I enjoy working outdoors and talking to the elderly residents/patients. They are such a blessing of joy and knowledge. They often compliment my groundskeeping/landscaping work and tell me 'Thank You' for maintaining their living space. As much as I enjoy the acknowledgments, I'm more content with the sense of purpose in my position. Though the environment is one that I wouldn't mind spending years in, the pay and assistance could be better for the daily tasks of the position.
Pros
great people, great environment
Cons
need more help and pay
Productive fun at times
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 22, 2014
The facility was a great i loved the residents as if they were my own grandparents
Pros
the pay and benefits
Cons
negative co workers and and supervisors
a very unlikable work environment
cma/cna (Former Employee) –  b.g.,ky.September 26, 2012
cannot recommend this company! a lot of cronyism displayed by management. residents were wonderful! if only support staff had displayed the same qualities!
Cons
not all workers on the same playing field

2.9