Christian Care Communities Employee Reviews

Very unprofessional
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 16, 2017
As a new CNA straight out of school at the time the CNA that trained me was very mean and there is no team work I was put on a floor with all hoyer lift patients and I had no idea what to do.
Pros
Great benefit
Cons
No team work
The worst company to work for!
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 3, 2017
The CEO and director for this company is all about themselves. They don't care about the employees and residents. They are all about saving money, by cutting staff hours, not having enough supplies for residents; to stay under the budget, meaning management gets a bonus. It doesn't matter how much experience you have, you don't get paid for it. Hold your breath about getting raises because the excuse is, this is a non profit organization or the company is in a deficit. This company has so many lawsuits pending and has recently been in the newspaper, for numerous complaints. I advise anyone, if you don't care about your licenses and sanity, this will be the place for you. You have been warned and let this be your very last resort. It's a shame to call this company Christian Care, when the upper management are devils in disguise.
Pros
Caring for the residents
Cons
Upper management's unprofessional attitudes
love working around residents everyday and really enjoy cleaning their rooms.
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Corbin, KYMay 8, 2017
The supervisor in housekeeping has her picks and does not treat every employee the same. Changes your days off for another employee without talking with them first.
Pros
employee appreciation lunch every month
Cons
not enough pay
Very disappointed. 😪
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYMarch 3, 2017
Ive been taking care of the elderly over 25 years n so a few people talked me into becoming a certified nursing assistant. I applied with this company because I heard good things n bad things about it but still decided to try to become employed with them. I was happy at first. I worked for 14 months with no raise. Only shift diffetential. I asked for raise n was given run around. I felt there was no advancement with this company. I loved the residents but the staffing was horrible. Most of the nurses had bad attitudes! Would not help you or answer their ascom phones when u really needed them. The new nurses were not fully trained either n put out on floor by themselves with residents way too soon. Young college n school age cnas trying to tell us older workers what to do? They also were not properly trained yet. Also this company always under staff. People quitting. In nursing, dietary, n housekeeping. You tell DOW complaints but nothing none about it. They appoint people in positions I feel were not properly trained yet for. They reward the bad workers n run over good ones like me. I felt unappreciated n ignored. I felt like I was unheard. Only a body there. I didnt become certified fr this type treatment. I had to quit. The management was poor to me. They seem to only hire young people that are mostly lazy n only work prn n part time. Wanna be on their cell phones or sitting down. Were just doing watever they wanted to do there. No consequences. The rules always changed there. The ones they liked was favored most. I felt the residents were not getting proper care they  more... deserved. I couldnt no longer work for a company like that. It was making me literally sick. I wouldnt recommend this company to no one. Not even to put your elderly family members. Run n not look back. You been warned.  less
Pros
Free food to eat
Cons
Low pay, complaints unheard, staff with attitudes, mostly young staff, high turn over n short staff
March 21, 2017

Thank you for your comments about your experience with Christian Care Communities. I will share your feedback with the human resources department and others at the program support center.

Great Christian Atmosphere
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYFebruary 28, 2017
I truly enjoy the calm, Christian based atmosphere with this company. Everybody works together as a team regardless of their job title or workload for the day. I have seen on several occasions manager's fill in where staff was short or allowing the employees to attend mandatory meetings. Not only do I enjoy my co workers but also the residents. I look forward to coming to work everyday.
Pros
Teamwork and attitudes from the management team to the employees on the floor.
March 2, 2017

Great Place to Work!!!
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYFebruary 27, 2017
This is my home away from home and for me to call this my home I love my job. I enjoy coming to work everyday. We have a great staff that have such caring and compassionate hearts. Our residents love being here and love the care they are provided. Our management staff are very skilled and helpful in every situation. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping people rather it be the residents or staff.
Pros
Competitive wages, benefits, referral bonuses for staff
Cons
It's LTC, so lose of residents.
March 2, 2017

Thank you! Online Reputation Manager

Do you want to make a difference in the world?
Chaplain (Current Employee) –  Christian Health Center - LouisvilleFebruary 19, 2017
Christian Care provides many opportunities to work with Older Adults. If you enjoy this population, this can be an extremely fulfilling job with good compensation to go along with it. There's nothing more satisfying than making the lives of others better.
Pros
It is fulfilling work offered by a company that truly cares for its residents and staff.
Cons
Like all Health Care, the field is highly regulated and can be challenging.
February 23, 2017

Thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with Christian Care Communities. I will be sharing your comments with management and the program support center to facilitate our mission and vision for senior care. If I may be of assistance, please reach out to the Human Resources Department at your convenience.

Thank you -- Online Reputation Manager

Great staff and wonderful residents who provide opportunities to learn from every day!
Chaplain (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 19, 2017
Staff at Christian Care Communities cares about the residents we serve and takes action to see that meaningful activities are planned for residents enjoyment. For instance, at Thanksgiving we conducted a special service called "Make a Joyful Noise." The Spiritual Care Dept worked with University of Louisville students who assisted residents in making homemade instruments which they brought and played at the special service. One resident made a beautiful rain stick and many others made little drums or castanets, adding their own "joyful noise." The service was designed by staff, and about 12 residents rehearsed and delivered their various parts.

I very much enjoy leading regular book studies which challenge and encourage our residents to continue to be engaged with life in meaningful ways. The gathering fosters positive relationships of trust, through sharing with one another both struggles and blessings.

Most recently one of the independent residents joined me in providing music to several other residents who are currently receiving rehab services, and not able to get out at this time. It was a wonderful time for both of us to be a blessing and bring smiles, and to be blessed!

The management team works well together in providing leadership to ensure best business decisions are made to benefit the whole Community. They work diligently on behalf of the wonderful residents we are fortunate to have on our campus.

Our residents enjoy wonderful times of fellowship, and between all the staff, including management and the residents, a beautiful spirit of true
  more... community prevails.  less
Pros
Dedicated staff, fun activities for residents, exceptional wellness program for staff, fun and beneficial weekly boutique shop, in-house small grocery shop, meaningful work, many opportunities for creativiy.
Cons
Witnessing natural decline of residents, old buildings which require regular maintenance.

March 1, 2017

My work at Christian Care Communities
Staff Chaplain (Current Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYFebruary 17, 2017
My work allows me to be involved in the holistic care of our residents. I provide support to them in the spiritual and emotional aspect of their lives. It can be a very fast-paced environment, but the company does try to provide a home-like experience for each resident.
Pros
Faith based, Focused on the care of seniors
Cons
Health insurance
February 23, 2017

Great workplace
Chaplain (Current Employee) –  Grayson, KYFebruary 16, 2017
I've been with CCC less than a year and it has been an amazing experience. Compensation and benefits are more than fair and management is top notch

I hope that I've been 1/2 the blessing to the company as it has been to me
Pros
Leadership is great, top notch facilities, you feel appreciated by everyone
Cons
None to report at this time
February 17, 2017

Great residents and staff
SDC (Current Employee) –  Nicholasville, KYFebruary 10, 2017
Love my job, love my residents and the staff I work with. I have learned a lot about using the Best Friends approach and how to communicate and interact with residents who have Dementia. We are a Christian based organization and pray every morning before starting our day. Hardest part of the job is when a resident passes, not only do we lose that particular resident but we lose the family as well. We get attached to both. The most enjoyable part of my job for me is making my residents and co workers laugh and smile.
Pros
We are like a huge family
Cons
turn over

Small Scale and Highly Personalized Community Care
HR Manager (Current Employee) –  Midway, KYFebruary 10, 2017
Homeplace has shown me the way elder care should look. The Green House model of care empowers our residents to take control of their life. With only 12 rooms per cottage, we can take advantage of the extra time and attention. This is what many other facilities try to promise, but ultimately come up short.

We are able to forge closer, and much more genuine relationships with our residents and their families than anywhere else I have ever worked. Those that have a calling for nursing will fall in love immediately with the personalized care they are empowered to give.
Pros
Home-like environment, which allows small scale interaction with residents.
Cons
Staff is expected to be highly independent, which can be a large change and adjustment for many.

Thank you! Online Reputation Manager

Fun workplace- very helpful to families in need
Community Relations Director (Current Employee) –  Nicholasville, KYFebruary 10, 2017
I have worked here for a while and really enjoy the company. They have the best interest in mind for families. Staff is treated fairly. They like to give everyone an opportunity to try new things.

Thank you! Online Reputation Manager

Great working environment that fills my need for service
Community Relations Manager (Current Employee) –  The Homeplace at MidwatFebruary 10, 2017
I enjoy working at the Homeplace at Midway because I enjoy helping families navigate through the senior-living placement system. The Homeplace is such an inviting place to not only work but visit.
Being a mother of two, I am able to have a very balanced work and home life. I enjoy coming to work everyday.
Pros
Working great hours and beautiful environment
Cons
Spread out buildings (but is also a pro because I enjoy walking when it is nice)

Thank you! Online Reputation Manager

Amazing place to work, I would not want to work anywhere else!
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYFebruary 7, 2017
Within this amazing community, I have gained the best coworkers that I am lucky to also call my friends. Management is honestly the most helpful and caring bunch in the business!
Pros
get to eat with the residents; amazing coworkers; great residents
Cons
some of the rules end up contradicting themselves a month after the rule comes into play

Best place to work!
Intern (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYFebruary 6, 2017
Christian Care Communities are the number one facilities to work at! The residents are happy to be here and the staff is happy as well. The wages are competitive and there are many employee program available. The management team is beyond compare; they are truly there for you no matter what your need is and are great leaders to work with. They aren't afraid to get down and dirty to help out where they're needed.
Pros
Wonderful management team, competitive pay, referral bonuses, employee programs
Cons
n/a

February 7, 2017

Thank you for your comments about your experience with Christian Care Communities. I will share your feedback with the human resources department and others in at the program support center. Thank you! Online Reputation Manager

Thank you! Online Reputation Manager

Great Place to work, great teamwork enviroment
Housekeeper/Laundry (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYFebruary 6, 2017
Great atmospher to work, energetic and fun.
The building itself is beautiful, and very clean, and organized.
I really enjoy the fact that the company cares for the employees as much as they care for the residents who live in the building.
Im really impressed with the "best friends" program, which helps to get to know the residents, not only who they are, but where they come from, and what their likes and hobbies might be.
Pros
working in a clean, well maintained enviroment. half off discounts on great food. contests, and holiday parties are alot of fun.
Cons
It may seem overwhelming at times, but the teamwork atmospher, and the dept. managers always do walkthoughs making sure everything is running smoothly, and always offering help. I think its more of a good thing than a bad thing.

Thank you again! Online Reputation Manager

Rewarding place to work with excellent benefits
Life Enrichment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYFebruary 6, 2017
I have been working for Christian Care Communities for 14 months. It's been a wonderful work environment since my first day and management is always offering assistance in any way possible. If you have a heart for older adults, this is the perfect place for you to work.Once you enter this facility, you will see how at home you feel due to the facility being clean, organized, and maintained beautifully. I've worked places where the "team" is only looking our for themselves, however, that is not the case at Village Manor. We truly all get along and work together to reach and accomplish our goals. If you put the residents first, it makes each day worth coming to work.

Thank you! Online Reputation Manager

Enjoying my day to day work with caring people who's goal is quality.
Chaplain (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYFebruary 6, 2017
My day is varied in its responsibilities between my job description duties and other duties and committees. My day has some consistency to it but it can also have a lot of variance as well. My position is an on-call position so my normal work schedule can be interrupted.The position I hold, as with others, is a serving position and we learn that it is not all about us but about caring for others.
I find that management is a caring team and understands the mission of the organization. Our individual campus has a competent, skilled Executive Director/Administrator with a compassionate heart making this person the right fit for our campus and this organization. The corporate VP that oversees my position is knowledgeable and uniquely qualified for the oversight of mine and other like positions across our organization.The culture is always one that focuses on residents, families and the staff that provide care.
The hardest part of the job is the loss of others and the emotional toll that it brings but that goes with the responsibilities of my position. The most enjoyable and rewarding part of what I do is the relationships that are built. It is what makes every day a good reason to come to work. I am very glad to work here and I am grateful for this opportunity.
Pros
The position duties and the relationships built through my position
Cons
Salary and benefits

February 15, 2017

Great place to work!!
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYJanuary 20, 2017
Wonderful place to work! This is a great place that is all about caring. The atmosphere is good, the environment is clean, and the management staff really support their team members.
Pros
Neat atmosphere
Cons
Fast paced
January 23, 2017

Online Reputation Manager

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Christian Care Communities. Our community is ready to answer.

Christian Care Communities Reviews by Location