Christian Dior Employee Reviews

dior
Regional Makeup Artist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 19, 2017
Dior was an amazing cosmetic line to work with/the colors are outstanding and the quality of the product is beyond amazing/A number one quality/my peers that I worked with were skilled and trained for Dior and a very sophisticated bunch of professionals
Pros
great
Cons
Extremely limited, very customer service oriented
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAMay 9, 2017
Partnered with the selling staff and Manager to ensure the upkeep of the boutique was prestein.. Followed up with staff to ensure no outstanding clients requested.. Any repair services were contacted and in perfect condition apon arrival, administer client call listings for associates to follow up... The manager above me at the time was amazing, the buying team were very responsive and supported your market needs.
The hardest part was keeping the clients interested in the highend ready to wear.. As the leather goods were the markets most valuable request. The team of associates and beautiful fine jewelery were extremely enjoyable to work with on a daily bases..
Luxury at its finest,
Regional Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  South Florida, FLFebruary 27, 2017
As a coordinator you are able to build dynamic teams through out South Florida. Dior is an event driven business, high goals. Building relationships through trust and consistency is vital for success.
Great Product/Fun place to work
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Chestnut Hill, MAFebruary 16, 2017
Sell, sell, sell!

Make the customers feel beautiful is the best part of the day.

Build a clientel and service them.

Hardest part is long hours. You will have fun but be exhausted.

Loved my department manager.
Pros
Fun place to work if you like make-up.
Cons
Long hours on your feet.
Very inspirational, forward, informative and fun.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Aventura, FLJanuary 23, 2017
Aventura was such a great team to work with, very helpful and kind. They respect the brand and the esthetics. I have gained so much knowlegde and I would consider this as a great place for growth.
Busy Store.
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jersey ciJanuary 14, 2017
I would help customers

answer the phone

clean the counter

do stock

handle money

Cash up

see if any other members of staff needed help on there counters of on the fragrance bar.
Pros
Lunch Paid for.
Sales Manager
Brand Manager/ Sales Representatives (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 28, 2016
Always felt motivated because i was in charge of the counter and sales
Loved the fact that there are goals to reach in order to drive you
Daily i trained fellow employees on products to drive sales
i loved motivating the team
the hardest part of the job was the scheduling, it was long hours taht were inconsistent and not set
Pros
great culture in brand
Cons
not a controlled schedule
Beauty Consultant
Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJMay 12, 2016
I love working for cosmetics because of my clients. I have learned quite a bit. Management could've taught me more though.
Pros
flexible scheduling, gratis
Cons
management
Great product
Sales Professional (Former Employee) –  South Florida, FLJanuary 12, 2016
Open and close the boutique, also conduct daily counts. Email or call clients and suggest new merchandise as it arrives in the boutique.
Passion for Beauty
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COJanuary 4, 2016
If you love the products and being classic. Dior is right for you. You gotta be in the right location in order to grow your career further. It's difficult to move up but it is possible and well rewarded
Pros
Alot of gratis
Cons
No grarantee about anything
Amazing Company, Terrible Management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 7, 2015
I loved the company culture but Dior has to do better with recruiting managers. Employee retention is terrible.
Their is definitely a disconnect between lower level positons and management.
harsh work environment not a family friendly company
Inventory Control - Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Jamesburg, NJOctober 1, 2015
This review is specific for the warehouse location at Jamesburg, NJ. Not a family oriented work environment, very long hours, disorganized, and harsh work environment. It has a high employee turn around.
Pros
decent salary
Cons
very long hours, disorganized, and harsh work environment
Extremely fulfilling job!
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MAAugust 4, 2015
I absolutely love what I do! It is very fulfilling to run a successful business, with clients who believe and trust you.

TBD in person.
Pros
Gratis
Cons
Hours
fun , friendly . helpful , good team to work with
National Makeup Artist, Makeup Artist Trainer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 9, 2015
Beauty and perfume is 2 most relaxing and joyful thing for women ! why not help them to get it wright ... love make people feel spacial don't you want ?
Cons
LOVE LOVE LOVE if you don't love what you doing you never will be have secures in it...!
formal dress code
Specialist/ Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Morrow, GAJuly 2, 2015
Christian Dior require the employees to dress in classic black attire and hair pulled back. Christian Dior also invest their revenue into heavy promotion into the brand, which have made Jadore fragrance line number one in the company.
Pros
Classic attire, beautiful fragrance showcase
Cons
Staying number 1!
Dior Summary
RETAIL SALES BUSINESS MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 8, 2015
Although thoroughly challenging in all aspects of retail management, Christian Dior presents an exciting atmosphere and environment in which to grow and excel. Determined executives combined with hardworking, managerial individuals creates an even more successful company, thriving daily within its competitive industries.
Dior Cosmetics is a world of adventure where women can obtain essential beauty.
Counter Manager - Retail and Cosmetic Skills. (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXApril 1, 2015
My typical day at work would be described as
A fun day, with management of sales figures, team encourage, getting a game plan together for the day, including recruiting new customers to the beauty counter. Replenishing products for our customers via telephone sales, giving 5 star customer service to all visitors. Having a enjoyable day doing either makeup, skincare consultations or facials. Making our customers at dior feel wonderful about the product and also themselves.
I have learnt to listening to the consumer before giving advice, exploring their needs by open ended questions, therefore being able to give them the right products for their needs. Management of my team comes easy to myself, I am a team player, I believe in encouraging my team to the best of my ability. I like to see my team excel and come along side them also to have team meetings where we can share ideas. The hardest part of my job is down time when there is no traffic, however, that is when I need to communicate with customers via the telephone, or perhaps via mail, inviting them back to the store for a special service. The most enjoyable part of my day is when we reach our sales goal, and know that we have given all our customers our full attention, and the best service possible as Dior is a luxury brand and therefore there needs to be a luxury service.
Pros
Fun, always ability to excel one self, closing a sale, making women feel fantastic about their appearance
Cons
Slow days times come and go, so you need to be flexible and think outside the box.
Love Christian DIor
Fragrance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CaliforniaMarch 30, 2015
I really like the culture, heritage and the Dior Brand altogether. I worked as a sales lead inside Macys Bakersfield. The atmosphere was great and i enjoyed educating people about the Dior family of fragrances.
Very professional and fashion driven company.
Freelance Artist and Cosmetics Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis, MOJanuary 11, 2015
I have learned a lot about Dior elite skin care products, award winning fragrances and beautiful makeup. The most enjoyable part of the job is educating clients about makeup applications, daily skin care routine and just having fun talking about new upcoming products and events.
Pros
I enjoy the give and take of acknowledgement in the work place as well as job perks like gratis
Cons
Some employees lack excitement.
Love is the absence of judgement
Beauty Stylist (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CANovember 30, 2014
I wore a leather jacket to one of our seminars and got wind that the people from New York were disappointed in my lack of image. Although, this wasn't in any of my dress code manuals, I got phone calls from a few people saying I could of made them lose their job. I just wish the company would be a little more compassionate towards people of all classes.
Pros
makeup, client interaction, art, creativity, friends, self motivation
Cons
racial stereotypes based on clothing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Christian Dior. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2