Christian Dior Employee Reviews in United States

Beauty Consultant
Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJMay 12, 2016
I love working for cosmetics because of my clients. I have learned quite a bit. Management could've taught me more though.
Pros
flexible scheduling, gratis
Cons
management
Great product
Sales Professional (Former Employee) –  South Florida, FLJanuary 12, 2016
Open and close the boutique, also conduct daily counts. Email or call clients and suggest new merchandise as it arrives in the boutique.
Passion for Beauty
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COJanuary 4, 2016
If you love the products and being classic. Dior is right for you. You gotta be in the right location in order to grow your career further. It's difficult to move up but it is possible and well rewarded
Pros
Alot of gratis
Cons
No grarantee about anything
harsh work environment not a family friendly company
Inventory Control - Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Jamesburg, NJOctober 1, 2015
This review is specific for the warehouse location at Jamesburg, NJ. Not a family oriented work environment, very long hours, disorganized, and harsh work environment. It has a high employee turn around.
Pros
decent salary
Cons
very long hours, disorganized, and harsh work environment
Extremely fulfilling job!
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MAAugust 4, 2015
I absolutely love what I do! It is very fulfilling to run a successful business, with clients who believe and trust you.

TBD in person.
Pros
Gratis
Cons
Hours
fun , friendly . helpful , good team to work with
National Makeup Artist, Makeup Artist Trainer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 9, 2015
Beauty and perfume is 2 most relaxing and joyful thing for women ! why not help them to get it wright ... love make people feel spacial don't you want ?
Cons
LOVE LOVE LOVE if you don't love what you doing you never will be have secures in it...!
formal dress code
Specialist/ Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Morrow, GAJuly 2, 2015
Christian Dior require the employees to dress in classic black attire and hair pulled back. Christian Dior also invest their revenue into heavy promotion into the brand, which have made Jadore fragrance line number one in the company.
Pros
Classic attire, beautiful fragrance showcase
Cons
Staying number 1!
Dior Summary
RETAIL SALES BUSINESS MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 8, 2015
Although thoroughly challenging in all aspects of retail management, Christian Dior presents an exciting atmosphere and environment in which to grow and excel. Determined executives combined with hardworking, managerial individuals creates an even more successful company, thriving daily within its competitive industries.
Dior Cosmetics is a world of adventure where women can obtain essential beauty.
Counter Manager - Retail and Cosmetic Skills. (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXApril 1, 2015
My typical day at work would be described as
A fun day, with management of sales figures, team encourage, getting a game plan together for the day, including recruiting new customers to the beauty counter. Replenishing products for our customers via telephone sales, giving 5 star customer service to all visitors. Having a enjoyable day doing either makeup, skincare consultations or facials. Making our customers at dior feel wonderful about the product and also themselves.
I have learnt to listening to the consumer before giving advice, exploring their needs by open ended questions, therefore being able to give them the right products for their needs. Management of my team comes easy to myself, I am a team player, I believe in encouraging my team to the best of my ability. I like to see my team excel and come along side them also to have team meetings where we can share ideas. The hardest part of my job is down time when there is no traffic, however, that is when I need to communicate with customers via the telephone, or perhaps via mail, inviting them back to the store for a special service. The most enjoyable part of my day is when we reach our sales goal, and know that we have given all our customers our full attention, and the best service possible as Dior is a luxury brand and therefore there needs to be a luxury service.
Pros
Fun, always ability to excel one self, closing a sale, making women feel fantastic about their appearance
Cons
Slow days times come and go, so you need to be flexible and think outside the box.
Love Christian DIor
Fragrance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CaliforniaMarch 30, 2015
I really like the culture, heritage and the Dior Brand altogether. I worked as a sales lead inside Macys Bakersfield. The atmosphere was great and i enjoyed educating people about the Dior family of fragrances.
Very professional and fashion driven company.
Freelance Artist and Cosmetics Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis, MOJanuary 11, 2015
I have learned a lot about Dior elite skin care products, award winning fragrances and beautiful makeup. The most enjoyable part of the job is educating clients about makeup applications, daily skin care routine and just having fun talking about new upcoming products and events.
Pros
i enjoy the give and take of acknowledgement in the work place as well as job perks like gratis
Cons
some employees lack excitement.
Love is the absence of judgement
Beauty Stylist (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CANovember 30, 2014
I wore a leather jacket to one of our seminars and got wind that the people from New York were disappointed in my lack of image. Although, this wasn't in any of my dress code manuals, I got phone calls from a few people saying I could of made them lose their job. I just wish the company would be a little more compassionate towards people of all classes.
Pros
makeup, client interaction, art, creativity, friends, self motivation
Cons
racial stereotypes based on clothing
Great staff
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 15, 2014
The staff for the majority are all wonderful, young and upbeat people.
Excellent opportunity to sell fragrance for a classic designer
Vendor/Retail Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCSeptember 22, 2014
Christian Dior Parfums is an excellent company to work for via Belk Department Stores.
Fast Paced and an easy sell!
Freelance (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 4, 2014
Christian Dior is still at the top of the heap with its award winning cosmetics, skincare, and fragrance.
Loved this job because of the people I worked with.
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Honolulu HIApril 22, 2014
A typical day at work was going from shop to shop checking on counters and employee.
In this job I learned to work on my own. I was the only person in this district.
The Managers that I worked for were in Paris. I learned to communicate using the Internet and phone. Managers change often always having to bring new Managers up to date for the district.
Worked on my own.
Being remote having to wait for direction or confirmation on decisions for the district.
I loved working on events and promotions.
Pros
variety of responsibilities.
Cons
working remote.
Great prestigious line and history.
Freelance makeup artist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 11, 2014
Incredible experience of fashion and beauty history. Loved the people, co-workers and clientele.
Not for me!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  United StatesApril 9, 2014
If you are not looking for a sales position don't apply. They pay sales people higher as oppose to back of house like the operations team that get paid peanuts. There is no room for advancements. And don't assume you can transition into about store like going to Louis Vuitton from Celine. Or from Marc Jacobs to Dior. It's not going to happen. It's frowned upon to do so, unless you have a connection in Paris or corporate.
Great Fashion experiance
Beauty Expert (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 25, 2014
It was an amazing experience working with christian dior not only was it so enjoyable seeing this company always evolve to do new looks and trends with the packaging of the cosmetics, it was such a joy learning about all the new amazing products , that it was not just about the packaging it was a quality which equaled an amazing product to learn about and teach to my clients, and all of that equaled amazing number for my counter.
Pros
education, great team work, great leadership, fun, trendy
Cons
no work life balance
Team Building
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  North Hills, PAFebruary 8, 2014
A typical day at work- Manager/Administrative Assistant focused on driving productivity by leveraging strong and front office management skills.

What I learned- I learned that I am hardworking with the drive to succeed.

Management- I directed business relations and distributed literature to stimulate client interest.

My co-workers- I was responsible for training and growth development

The hardest part of my job- I was always on call.

The most enjoyable part of the job- I enjoyed seeing my team become more successful.
Pros
free products
Cons
recieved health benefits