Christian Health Care Center Employee Reviews

Fun work place
Intern (Current Employee) –  Wyckoff, NJMarch 28, 2017
fun place to work. people are very nice and the patients are great. learned a lot about nutrition and health while interning here and met a lot of new people.
Christan Health Center
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Franklin Lakes, NJMarch 17, 2017
Handling welcome desk for visitors
Very caring position dealt with
older patients and the families

Handle medical records and approved work done
by teenage volunteers Very fulfilling position
done in the evenings
Good
Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Wyckoff, NJ 07481February 20, 2017
Good First Job. Good environment as well, easy going job. I learned a lot at this job. The people are outgoing and easy to get along with. Great place.
A good place to work.
A) Nurse assistant (Current Employee) –  Wyckoff, NJJanuary 31, 2017
A great worker, doesn't call out, works over-time if needed, comes on time. Always professional. Respectful. Enjoy what I do.
Enjoyable place to work
Patient Care Assistant (PCA) (Former Employee) –  Peapack, NJJanuary 19, 2017
A typical day at work for me is making sure that all my assignments are finish before the end of my shift. I learned that when your at work or at home you have to make life enjoyable and that makes your day at work easier, and management is wonderful. Because of the different ethnic backgrounds of all the workers from different parts of the world we as employees get to learn more than we knew from each other. The hardest part of the job is when we don't work as a team, and the work becomes more enjoyable when you know you put a smile on both the patients and their family faces and to know that they are satisfied with the work we do in taking care of their love ones.
Compassinate and caring
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Urbana, MONovember 21, 2016
Christian Health Care allowed me to better care for my grandmother whom was on Hospice. Grandma was able to mange her own care plan and hire in (me) family member to care for her. This company is absolutely amazing
Good people
Certified Nurse Aide (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYNovember 1, 2016
The sceduling here was very flexible. I enjoyed working and being with my residents every night. I left this job because I needed to work 1st shift and I was working 3rds here
Not a good place to work
Assistant Director of Nursing (Former Employee) –  MissouriOctober 29, 2016
it is now out of business; it was in Republic but has been bought out by another corporation. But it was a terrible place to work. I do not know anything about the new company.
Fun Workplace
State Registered Nursing Assistant (SRNA) (Former Employee) –  Corbin, KYMarch 24, 2016
My opinion about this place is a great place to work. Management is nice and understanding. The co-workers some are great to work with and some u try but they don't understand team work. The most enjoyable about this job is the ones we care for.
Clean, Loving, and respectful environment
Medication Aide and Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wyckoff, NJNovember 11, 2015
The Center focuses on health restoration, advancing the health of the individual and the community as a whole with their therapeutic interactions to others. I learnt giving compassionate care, and representing the hand of Christ in every care l offer to the patients. The management treats workers with love and respect like one family. The hardest part of the job is working some special holidays, but its always enjoyable to work here because the workers are well fed. Co-workers are like best friends and very helpful which makes work less stressful. Another good thing is management always try satisfy workers change of schedules,. This make it easier for workers to take advance courses in the education.
Pros
Free Lunches, coffee and teas, free scrub, tuition reimbursement, Scholarships, health insurance to all, and bonuses on some special holidays
Cons
working some special holidays

Want to know more about Christian Health Care Center?

Ask a question
does not hold up to their Christian values
unit clerk (Former Employee) –  wykoff njOctober 2, 2015
Worked there for a few months wouldn't recommend anyone to work there not good to their employees the patient care is great but no appreciation for the hard work employees put in
Pros
free lunch
Cons
does not value employees
productive and friendly co worker
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  NJApril 26, 2015
i learned to make a salad , sandwiches and i learned to become a flexible worker i am proud that i can work in any department of the kitchen
Pros
free food for the whole day
Food Service Worker
Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Wyckoff, NJApril 21, 2015
• Provided efficient, courteous, quality service and properly portioned foods according to the menu, with a high standard of customer service detail
• Portioned and placed servings on plates and prepared trays according to dietary needs of the patients and delivered trays to units
• Maintained proper food storage to keep fresh
• Retained cleanliness and hygiene around the work station
• Collects and stacks dirty dishes on cart and returns cart to kitchen area
• Washes dishes, pots, pans, utensils and cleans work area, tables, cabinets, kitchen equipment, and appliances
• Gathers and places garbage and trash in designed containers
Pros
very good job security
Cons
no room for advancement.
Great care and Employees, unethical Upper management
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  WyckoffJanuary 11, 2015
I worked at CHCC for over 5yrs as a nurse.The facility is one of the best. The staff really care about their patients. It's a great place to get initial experience & training as a RN, but as far as advancement, you may need to forfeit your ethics, as you see other employees be unfairly treated.
Pros
Excellent care, Great co-workers, Free lunch
Cons
Low pay, Upper Management is unethical &dishonest
Fun, rewarding work experience with the elderly
Activities Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wyckoff, NJMay 2, 2014
A typical day at work at the Christian Healthcare Center consists of interacting with senior citizens who suffer from dementia or other handicaps. I lead exercise, tell stories, play games and engage in a variety of stimulating activities with friendly residents. It's really hard to consider it work when I enjoy it so much. I gather the residents together for each activity and ensure that their needs are met. The hardest part of this job is having coping with residents passing away. Its very easy to develop relationships with residents and it's always hard when they pass away. The most enjoyable part of the job would be any time I am able to elicit a smile or laugh from the residents (which happens very often).
Pros
Free lunches, positive work environment, rewarding experiences
Cons
Lack of benefits, not enough hours
Great company
Activity Assistant (Current Employee) –  wyckoff njApril 22, 2014
Wonderful Company to work for, everyone who works here is great with the residents.
Very strong religious values
Activities Therapist (Former Employee) –  Wyckoff NJAugust 13, 2013
As the name implies it is a very christian based organization. Values maintained my christianity are strongly emphasized among employees
Credited as a 5 star long term care facility
Nursing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Wyckoff, NJJanuary 9, 2013
As an evening nursing supervisor I am responsable for the general operational activities for the nursing home, post acute care, dementia and behavior units. I have learned how to try to satisfy patients families and staff on a daily basis. Which is also the hardest part of the position. The most enjoyable part of the job is when I can accomplish what I have learned.
Health care center, productive, fast pace.
IT Technical Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Wyckoff, NJNovember 12, 2012
A typical work day consisted of about 20 tickets per tech and small projects that had to be completed by end of week. Fast pace IT work environment.
Pros
free lunches, free turkey on thanksgiving.
Kitchen morale and production
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  Wyckoff, NJOctober 10, 2012
One year into the position a new Food service manager was hired. He demanded that I manage my kitchen the way he manages his inner office. I had a problem standing between the morale and production of my hourly employees and the Demands of the Food service Director.
The matter wasn't able to improve and when I tried to have a three way conversation with this manager he became irate and found his way to remove me.
To the other managers on staff and myself, wrongly.

In my 40 year career , This was a first.
Pros
commute excellent
Cons
no upper management support

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Christian Health Care Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Christian Health Care Center Reviews by Location