Christian Health Care Center

Christian Health Care Center Employee Reviews

Food Service Worker
Utility Worker (Former Employee), Wyckoff, NJApril 21, 2015
Pros: very good job security
Cons: no room for advancement.
• Provided efficient, courteous, quality service and properly portioned foods according to the menu, with a high standard of customer service detail
• Portioned and placed servings on plates and prepared trays according to dietary needs of the patients and delivered trays to units
• Maintained proper food storage to keep fresh
• Retained cleanliness and hygiene around the work station
• Collects and stacks dirty dishes on cart and returns cart to kitchen area
• Washes dishes, pots, pans, utensils and cleans work area, tables, cabinets, kitchen equipment, and appliances
• Gathers and places garbage and trash in designed containers
Great care and Employees, unethical Upper management
Staff RN (Former Employee), WyckoffJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: excellent care, great co-workers, free lunch
Cons: low pay, upper management is unethical &dishonest
I worked at CHCC for over 5yrs as a nurse.The facility is one of the best. The staff really care about their patients. It's a great place to get initial experience & training as a RN, but as far as advancement, you may need to forfeit your ethics, as you see other employees be unfairly treated.
Fun, rewarding work experience with the elderly
Activities Assistant (Current Employee), Wyckoff, NJMay 2, 2014
Pros: free lunches, positive work environment, rewarding experiences
Cons: lack of benefits, not enough hours
A typical day at work at the Christian Healthcare Center consists of interacting with senior citizens who suffer from dementia or other handicaps. I lead exercise, tell stories, play games and engage in a variety of stimulating activities with friendly residents. It's really hard to consider it work when I enjoy it so much. I gather the residents together for each activity and ensure that their needs are met. The hardest part of this job is having coping with residents passing away. Its very easy to develop relationships with residents and it's always hard when they pass away. The most enjoyable part of the job would be any time I am able to elicit a smile or laugh from the residents (which happens very often).
Great company
Activity Assistant (Current Employee), wyckoff njApril 22, 2014
Wonderful Company to work for, everyone who works here is great with the residents.
LUV MY CO-WORKERS
Staff REHAB LPN (Current Employee), Louisville, KYNovember 1, 2013
Pros: help from my counter part
Cons: budget days
AS A REHAB NURSE THE DAY CAN BE TRYING BUT I HAVE GOOD CO-WORKERS WHO JUMP IN AND GIVE A HAND IN TIMES OF NEED
Very strong religious values
Activities Therapist (Former Employee), Wyckoff NJAugust 13, 2013
As the name implies it is a very christian based organization. Values maintained my christianity are strongly emphasized among employees
Credited as a 5 star long term care facility
Nursing Supervisor (Current Employee), Wyckoff, NJJanuary 9, 2013
As an evening nursing supervisor I am responsable for the general operational activities for the nursing home, post acute care, dementia and behavior units. I have learned how to try to satisfy patients families and staff on a daily basis. Which is also the hardest part of the position. The most enjoyable part of the job is when I can accomplish what I have learned.
Health care center, productive, fast pace.
IT Technical Specialist II (Former Employee), Wyckoff, NJNovember 12, 2012
Pros: free lunches, free turkey on thanksgiving.
A typical work day consisted of about 20 tickets per tech and small projects that had to be completed by end of week. Fast pace IT work environment.
Kitchen morale and production
Executive Chef (Former Employee), Wyckoff, NJOctober 10, 2012
Pros: commute excellent
Cons: no upper management support
One year into the position a new Food service manager was hired. He demanded that I manage my kitchen the way he manages his inner office. I had a problem standing between the morale and production of my hourly employees and the Demands of the Food service Director.
The matter wasn't able to improve and when I tried to have a three way conversation with this manager he became irate and found his way to remove me.
To the other managers on staff and myself, wrongly.

In my 40 year career , This was a first.
Wonderful company to work for
Secretary/Admin (Former Employee), Wyckoff, NJAugust 10, 2012
Pros: great benefits
Cons: n/a
Steady work . Full time employment.
Management was fair to employees.
I had steary full time employment with wonderful benefits.

About Christian Health Care Center

Christian Health Care Center Christian Health Care Center was founded in 1911 – Read more

Christian Health Care Center Photos