CHRISTIAN HOME SERVICES Employee Reviews

Certified Nursing Assistant
Home Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIApril 25, 2017
I work in a home taking care of one client who needs 24 hour care. I help him with hygiene, dressing/showering. I feed and give him drinks as desired.
good
Direct Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIApril 25, 2017
I enjoyed working here. i only wish they had clients closer to my home. Well compensated, good management. Enjoyable, fair, well maintained. all good qualities.
Christian Home Services
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Midland, MIDecember 29, 2016
Great place to work and the gentleman I worked for was great- We had a lot of community interaction and interaction with other people from the organization and it was great.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
wages
Great clients, not so great company
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Midland, MIAugust 31, 2016
The clients were amazing however the communication between staff was horrible, they still don't have direct deposit and it takes forever to see your first pay check and you never know when your checks will arrive by mail, my supervisor was very dismissive to the clients concerns as well as the staffs concerns. The staff wasn't friendly because so many people quit after a few weeks so they don't even try with new staff anymore. Lead staff at one of the houses I worked at was openly telling me how no one who works there likes the company and how the company overlooks clients rights. Had to spend so much of my own money the first month on gas, lunch, driving around non stop. They are very behind in all their paperwork and protocols. Having worked with challenged people the last 4 years for different companies this was by far the worst. Would not recommend unless it was your last option. Not sure when places will understand they need to have happy employees if they want a successful business. It's no surprise the turndown rate is so high when they treat their employees like they are so replaceable.
Pros
Clients, compensate for gas (although still waiting for check)
Cons
Communication, payroll, almost everything else
Fun Place to work
Caretaker (Former Employee) –  Midland, MIDecember 7, 2015
Enjoyed my work, felt very accomplished at the end of everyday knowing I made a difference. Very great management, they kept in contact daily and knew everything that was going on or that needed to be addressed.
Co-workers are amazing, really work as a team! They step up to every new challenge that is handed to them everyday together and tackle it.
Supervisor/Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIOctober 14, 2015
The best part of the job was always walking in the mornings and seeing the smiling faces of the clients. It made it all worth it.
Terrible Company Overall
Direct Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Midland MIJuly 29, 2015
In the time I worked here I seen enough to never recommend this company to my family or friends for care or to anyone looking for employment. I would be here for an hour listing every problem I encountered with the management of this company. If Christian Home Services wants to keep clients and employees they need to get different area management and supervisors. The two women who supervise the employees are so unprofessional in every sense. Every other employee I worked with or talked to had the same issues and more.
Pros
Loved my client
Cons
Terrible management, bad communication
great people
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  mt pleasant miJuly 9, 2015
I loved this job and the people I provided care for. Not a lot of problems, got to have fun with my clients, light housekeeping, have fun in the community, aid to the needs of the individuals.
Pros
fun with clients
Cons
schedule can change a lot but that's because its based on the needs for clients
Extremely rewarding career
lead staff (Current Employee) –  MidlandOctober 1, 2014
I have worked in the medical field for 15 yrs. Making MUCH more but I wish I had started doing this earlier in my life! The pay isn't the best but the rewards of taking care of someone who needs your help makes it all worth it! This is NOT a babysitting job tho! It takes a certain kind of person with good organizational skills, patience and compassion for others who truly need your help. Management structures are changing and I believe that CHS will over time be a the greatest in the Michigan area if they aren't already! I LOVE my job and I am looking forward to see how many more lives we can help through this wonderful company.
Pros
Helping clients who truly need you.
Cons
Wages
fun place to work and flexible hours
Home Health Aid (Former Employee) –  MichiganJuly 27, 2014
worked with mental and physical disabilities and was able to go to college full time and have a personal life
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
not enough money to pay for bills by your self
Would not reccomend
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIJune 29, 2014
Management was lacking in providing adequate training and poor communication. No complaints about my case assignments, although it was a challenge, I still found some enjoyment in my position.
Great family
Certified Nurse's Assistant (Current Employee) –  Big Rapids, MIJanuary 29, 2014
I loved working for the family that I did, but Management was not up to par.
Pros
The family
Cons
No hours
Very good place to work, It was fun, Ad they are very reasonable.
Respite Care (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIJanuary 25, 2013
Be Ready. Like any job they are serious. But all in all they know what they want and what they need. and they will get it either way.
Pros
paid vacation!
As an officer
correctional officer (Former Employee) –  MichiganJanuary 23, 2013
I learned alot about people. I have dealt with alot of diversity from
mental illness to highly intelligent individuals. I worked with their families who came to visit that where anywhere from extremely poor to some upper class. I have encountered drug smuggling to medical emergencies such as a seizure in the visiting room. I have had to use my first aid and CPR skills but most often used is observation and communication skills.
Pros
good benefits and job security
Cons
poor leadership

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CHRISTIAN HOME SERVICES. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7