Christian Hospital Employee Reviews

Pharmacy is a terrible place to work
Pharmacy Supervisor (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 2, 2017
Extremely stressful environment. Lack of opportunity for career advancement. Very little opportunities to change career paths regardless of education. Teamwork is not promoted. Managers do not allow individuals to socialize while doing their job regardless if they are productive.
Not enough nursing resources
Warehouse Clerk/Driver (Former Employee) –  11133 Dunn Rd. St.Louis, MOOctober 30, 2017
Christian was a great place to work before it became the dumping ground for bad debt in the BJC System. Lack of enough nurses, PCT's creates an environment for poor patient experiences.
Registered Nurse Operating Room (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 21, 2017
Christian Hospital has a wonderful environment where all the employees treat one another like family. I enjoyed my 5 years there. I would work there again if life brings me back to STL.
productive fun place to work
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 12, 2017
Friendly fun fast pace place to work. Midnight shift feels like a big family. Working in the ER as a housekeeper takes a lot of compassion and understanding.
Love my Job!
LPN OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MO 63136September 10, 2017
Great place to work, and my manager is amazing! They're fair, and very understanding. I love getting up in the morning to go to my job, which means a lot to me.
Productive and nice people
Manager of Mental Health Services (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 29, 2017
Typical work day as a Manager attending many meetings.
Learned more about Leadership, how to work with different generations. The job is enjoyable because of the people I work with every day. I enjoy my teams, co-workers, and especially my direct report. The workplace culture is diverse and like family in the departments I manage.
Busy and challenging environment.
Staff RN (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 11, 2017
Typically very busy with patient care, management was accessible, great for learning opportunities. Cons include stressful environment, work-life balance problems, and location of home to facility.
EMT (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 21, 2017
Great company to work for. Very fair and great benefits. I would tell anyone to go work there. Great experience for the job. I loved working there....
Great place to learn.
Nursing Clinical (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 6, 2017
Did my clinical rotation here and loved every minute of it. Great hospital to work for, along with great people to work with. Learned how to do nursing duties along with being able to perform some of those duties.
Pros
Co-workers are great.
Student Technologist (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 23, 2017
I've been only been employed with Christian-BJC for a few months now and love it! They truly care the patients and it shows in their work performances. I just wish they had more full time positions
Pros
Great team work, flexible scheduling, and managment
Cons
Lower pay and competitive options for full time positions
Great respiratory department
RRT (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 1, 2017
As a student I knew this was the place for me. Fast paced, great learning environment, and amazing staff. The ICU and ER are just as crazy as big Barnes but without all of the stress. You still see some amazing things and get to do even more amazing stuff. The doctors are a little overboard with scheduled respiratory meds causing a heavy load of work on most nights, but a great team of coworkers helps you get through it all. I highly recommend working here on nights as an RRT.
Pros
Great coworkers, semi loose protocols allowing you to practice what you've learned, CCP is amazing.
Cons
Short staffed at times, day vs night shift drama can be irritating. Repeat patients to an extreme.
Great place to work as a team!
RN (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 22, 2017
People are nice and friendly most of the time, family like environment. Management team were patient oriented and reasonable. I enjoyed working with good people... and I miss them:)
Pros
encouraged full 30 minutes break, patient oriented
Cons
less competitive wages....
great learning optortunity
Employee (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 16, 2017
This job gave me experience in multiple area's in the hospital. It helped me learn what I really enjoyed to do. The co-workers were great to work with.
Very productive place to learn and build relationships
Billing for Christian EMS, Cashier (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 11, 2016
Please be careful with management & policies. Document any incident big or small. Do not be afraid to voice your concerns on the work place.
Pros
Department parties, discounts, tuition reimbursement
Cons
Attendance policy, PRN benefits
Enjoyed BJC, but not management
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Florissant, MOAugust 26, 2016
BJC was a great place to work but my department manager was not the greatest. I was threatened to be fired when there was a short period of time that I was only able to work the minimum that I was required to. It's called a minimum for a reason.
Pros
free ice cream and prize givaways
Cons
treated disrespectfully by coworkers
Chaplain Intern (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 26, 2016
It's a friendly working environment with extraordinary teamwork experience. Volunteers are well recognised and appreciated accordingly. It is an awesome experience working with Christian.
Pros
Excellent
Love working at Christian Hospital
Staff Registered Nurse/PACU (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 5, 2016
1 I have enjoyed working at Christian Hospital for almost 20 years! I work and have worked with an excellent group of people.
Pros
Love my hours.
Cons
Dislike being on cll!
Enjoyed my position
RN Case Management (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 10, 2016
I enjoyed my position as Case Manager. A very skilled team and very supportive. I enjoyed my employment. The department was very organized and everyone knew their roles.
Wonderful place with loads of people
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 14, 2015
A Typical day there was helping patients to and from rooms, discharging them, and helping them with their needs. We also delivered equipment to and from different locations. I learned how to talk to people and help them coupe with their situations, and make them smile. The management was good as to the fact that they helped out and worked with us. The co-workers were friendly and helpful as well. The hardest part of my job was navigating my way through the hospital grounds. the most enjoyable was meeting new people
Pros
Meeting people. Helping others. and seeing people smile
Life as an Intern
Performance Improvement Intern (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 6, 2015
13 weeks for a summer internship is not that long. However, Christian made it extremely valuable for me. I had the opportunity to form relationships with everyone in management that not only coached me but provided me with multiple projects that I worked on. The vast array of opportunities that were provided to me not only helped me learn more about the organization but about myself as well. They are extremely supportive of my strengths and constantly provided guidance for my weaknesses. They are also very receptive to new ideas to improve existing systems.The only challenge I faced, which is something that is expected in large organizations, is that information or tasks that required the input of other departments had some delays due to differences in priorities and existing workload on their part. Overall, everyone in the organization has a very positive attitude and utmost respect for the management which creates a wonderful culture to work in.