Christian Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Life as an Intern
Performance Improvement Intern (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 6, 2015
13 weeks for a summer internship is not that long. However, Christian made it extremely valuable for me. I had the opportunity to form relationships with everyone in management that not only coached me but provided me with multiple projects that I worked on. The vast array of opportunities that were provided to me not only helped me learn more about the organization but about myself as well. They are extremely supportive of my strengths and constantly provided guidance for my weaknesses. They are also very receptive to new ideas to improve existing systems.The only challenge I faced, which is something that is expected in large organizations, is that information or tasks that required the input of other departments had some delays due to differences in priorities and existing workload on their part. Overall, everyone in the organization has a very positive attitude and utmost respect for the management which creates a wonderful culture to work in.
Wonderful place with loads of people
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 14, 2015
A Typical day there was helping patients to and from rooms, discharging them, and helping them with their needs. We also delivered equipment to and from different locations. I learned how to talk to people and help them coupe with their situations, and make them smile. The management was good as to the fact that they helped out and worked with us. The co-workers were friendly and helpful as well. The hardest part of my job was navigating my way through the hospital grounds. the most enjoyable was meeting new people
Pros
Meeting people. Helping others. and seeing people smile
Enjoyed my position
RN Case Management (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 10, 2016
I enjoyed my position as Case Manager. A very skilled team and very supportive. I enjoyed my employment. The department was very organized and everyone knew their roles.
Great work place
Paramedic (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 16, 2015
Great place to work and gain experience. Management works for you, not against you. Co workers were excellent and were all able to work together to reach department goals.
Pros
`
BJC Healthcare is a great place to work for.
Development Coordinator, Foundation (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 16, 2015
BJC Healthcare is a great place to work for.

Good benefits.

Comparable salary.

Communication between higher management and front line staff could be better.
Christian Hospital, a wonderful place to work. I want to work in an area that promotes a positive working environment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 2, 2013
I am an experienced RN with expertise in Post Anesthesia Care Unit.
Although I have excellent supervision experience, I enjoy giving patient bedside care. My customer care service and patient care is very rewarding and it shows in my management of patient's needs.. I have excellent critical thinking skills and can provide care to those needing additional nursing care. I communicate well with physician's, peer's and management. I am eager to help where needed and function very well under stress. I ended my status at Christian Hospital in 2012 due to moving to California. I have since returned to St. Louis and woud love to continue my career as an RN.
I was able to utilize my skills at Christian Hospital and felt respected by the entire staff. The management was by far some of the best I have seen in my career.
Pros
positve thinking from management. this has a trickle down effect.
Cons
unable to move patient's form pacu to pt rooms due to slow pt discharge on nursing floors
It's a good place to work
lab tech lll (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 4, 2015
The days I work there is great. I deal with people every day. I've learned how to deal with different emotions, cause the people that comes there deals with cancel and we become there friends and they becomes our. I learn how to perform my job in a professional manner, but with lost of laughter. The co-workers get a long very well. we work as a team so the our patients can have a great day. The hardest part of this job is watching patient die slowly. I never to deal with it, but never get used to it. The most enjoyable part of it is the get well and ring the bell. bust most of all just being there while they go though.
A hospital that is slowly improving.
Pharmacy Technician-CPhT (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 10, 2014
Christian hospital provides many great healthcare services to the North County area. However, there is much room for improvement which I think the facility is heading in the right direction.
Pros
great medical benefits and staff
Cons
poor inner system job placement and difficult to advance.
Excellent Place to work
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  St.LouisJanuary 11, 2012
Excellent Place to work, Great place for nursing students to began their career, the team and work atmosphere is exceptional.
A good place to learn and advance in career.
Nursing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 29, 2013
Offered many continuing educations. An amazing cardiac department with great staff. Great opportunity to advance your career.
Can be dangerous
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 14, 2014
Christian is not in the best area, and the patient culture there is frightening. They are hateful, and do not care if they hurt you.
Much depended on what floor you worked on
Unit Secretary/CNA (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 5, 2013
Rehab floor was the best. Nicest and most helpful doctors, nurses and staff anyone could ask for. Being sent to another floor was the worst part. Did not know the staffing on those floors well and they didn't bother going out of their way to introduce themselves or to help. (There were a few good ones). AMCU was also a good floor with great helpful staff and nurses. Nursing office was understandably a busy, stressful area but they had a bad habit of talking bad about people without knowing the circumstances and thought they were GOD.
Nice place to work
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 4, 2013
Its a good place to work, good benefits, I loved working with the patients and I gained a lot of experience working here. Plus I liked working 3 days a week.
It was a productive and interesting place of work.
Pharmacy technitian (Former Employee) –  Perris, CAAugust 9, 2013
It was a nice place to work as coworkers were friendly and helpful. I learned a lot of things; I prepared I.V.P.B. and large volume parenteral and perform unit-dosing procedures and I maintained inventory and reorder medications. I prepared and administered oral and parental medications using ascetic techniques and I gained experience in IV add mixture, pharmaceutical dosage forms, calculations, and drug's actions.
Pros
it was good place to learn and work.
Cons
the hospital closed in august 1991
I've experienced many challenges while at Christian Hospital including a major shift in our patient status occurring in the past few years.
Staff Nurse, RN (Current Employee) –  Bellefontaine, MONovember 24, 2014
I believe that the hardest part of the job is acclimating to the new types of patients that we're treating. More of the patients we treat now have a felonious background. We're having to find alternate ways of treatment.
A great facility that is struggling
Full time employee (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 10, 2014
Christian Hospital is a great facility that is currently in a tough spot. It has wonderful Cardiac, Stroke and Oncology programs. The employees work very hard to give the patients excellent service, doing more with less.The managers are spread really thin and work very hard. The whole BJC corporation is going through restructuring and it is difficult on everyone.
great
Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 14, 2014
Floor Technicians scrub, shine, clean and repair carpeted and noncarpeted areas using appropriate equipment and chemicals. This improves the overall appearance of the organization, presenting a clean environment to visitors and employees.
Skills
Stripping, waxing, buffing, burning, and detailing floors. Carpet cleaning and general housekeeping. Ability to operate machines, such as scrubbers, swing machines, hand burners, and carpet cleaners.
Pros
insurance
friendly work place
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Florissant, MOOctober 16, 2013
The multidisciplinary staff coordinated quality care toward patients. .My coworkers and manager provided and upheld the utmost respect for me during my employment.The hardest part of my job was approaching grieving families.IThe most enjoyable part of my job was willing staff to assist other staff as needed and respect held for patients,families and staff.
Pros
willing teamwork
Cons
after 8p.m. family members regain entrance to hospital via emergency room
very good working environment
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 16, 2015
staff and co-workers are very friendly. they always say "hello" to you in the elevator, on stairs, or in the hall way. I felt very comfortable working their.
Great learning experience
Personal Care Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 6, 2012
I was a nurses aide on a very busy Telemetry Unit, never a dull moment always stayed busy. I learned new things every day from nurses and co-workers. It wasn't an easy job had to take on a heavy work load especially when we were busy, I worked 12 hour shifts and every other weekends and holidays.

4.4