Christian Living Communities

Christian Living Communities Employee Reviews

Great company to be apart of!!
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Centennial, COAugust 21, 2015
Great atmosphere to be in. Overall the culture is great and the team is a fun loving caring people. Great place to gain experience.
Deceptive
nurse (Former Employee) –  DenverMay 29, 2015
I was hired to relieve a nurse going on vacation during a state inspection.
I was told it was permanent upon hiring after she returned and inspection was completed I was terminated without cause.
I reapplied and was told not eligble for rehire for attendance issues.
This company will use and burn you..
Rewarding place to work.
Maintenance Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COApril 7, 2014
Fun place to work. Working daily with seniors was very rewarding.
Pros
wonderful residents to serve.
Cons
management leaves a lot to be desired.
Good concept
Supply Chain Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 19, 2014
Certian staff members can be trained in the art of being civil to co-workers. Plus they need to realize this is the 21st century not the 1800's
Management is terrible
CNA/QMAP (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 11, 2014
Working with the residents was great IF you had enough time to do your job. Day shift is pounded with a bunch of responsibilities while evening and night shift don't do too much. The DON for AL at Clermont Park does not care about her employees and if you speak your mind you will be pushed out. I've heard great things about the other communities and SNF DON. The company has a great concept in mind and I love that they are Eden. Most of my co-workers are amazing. Hardest part of my job is not being able to do for my residents what they truly need and not being backed by your own manager. The turn over rate for this specific floor is terrible as well which makes it hard on our memory support residents. Beware the DON here.
Pros
residents
Cons
boss, hard to get your breaks on days and you can't express your feelings without getting in trouble, no support for employees.
CLC values their employees.
Concierge and Community Relations (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 11, 2014
From the very beginning, I noticed how CLC treats their employees so well.
the hardest part of the job
CNA (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COAugust 20, 2013
not being able to accomplish the task as expected by my resident, due to busy schedule.
Team work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 9, 2013
everyone was nice and friendly and they where always respectful and we always worked together.
Good stated client values, employees not readily valued
Personal Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COJuly 11, 2013
Home Care and Adult Day Service are both client focused jobs. High value is placed on pleasing and appeasing the client and their family.

Management is perceived to be controlling and not open to input and collaboration from the employee. Very focused on leadership that demonstrates a "my way or the highway" approach.

Management often says one thing and lives out the other. The manager is on salary and works long hours both at home and on site. Hourly employees that use time at home to go the extra mile developing a project to better serve clients are disciplined rather than celebrated for their creativity and passion.

Co-workers demonstrate loyalty to the leadership for self-promotion in meetings, but often complain afterward about lack of support, long hours and no compensation for shared ideas.

Training opportunities are very high quality and are designed to provide professional understanding of the care of the elderly. CLC offered specific training to lead to certification with the Colorado Alzheimer's Association.

The most enjoyable part of the job is serving the clients. It is most often quite easy to develop a caring relationship that benefits the client in their emotional, spiritual and physical health at a fragile time of life.

The hardest part of the job is the necessity of being available at hours that are contrary to healthy family life in most cases. This is the nature of Home Health Care. Secondary to availability is the emotional toll when a client passes away or moves on to the next stage of care in the continuum.
Pros
training opportunities
Cons
no benefits, lack of regular schedule, unrecognized potential
Wonderful Values
C.N.A. (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 26, 2013
I have been at Clermont Park for a few weeks and am thrilled to be there! Not only are residents the first priority, but the employees are too! There is so much support from all staff. I was made felt comfortable from the beginning and welcomed aboard in the most heartfelt way. I am very excited to be a part of this team! All the departments are awesome and heads are easy to approach.
Pros
great team work, great supervisors
Cons
..........
Great work environment for staff and happy place for the residents.
CNA/ QMAP (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COMay 2, 2012
I enjoyed my fifteen years with CLC and will always be grateful for the experience and opportunity to work with and for such qualified nurses and piers. Going to work every day was a pleasure because we would rotate floors and duties (never a dull moment). Lifting residents,after a fall, was probably the most difficult to deal with because of my concern for the resident and the possibility of injury. Getting to know the residents and their families over the years and bonding with my co-workers like an extended family.
Pros
company picnics, holiday celebrations, and job security.
Cons
twelve hour work days.
Not Flexible or organized
CNA Float pool (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 15, 2012
I worked for them as a float pool CNA, I was told I would know 2 weeks in advance what my schedule would be and usually I was calling them 2-3 days in advance to find out when I worked that week. I had a sick child at home and had to stay with them and they were very rude to me about it. I never took advantage of my sick time/pto and was a very responsible person. Also, most of the CNA's who were working on a regular basis were very rude and lazy. As a float pool CNA you will go to all of their locations, none of which are ran the same or have the same policies.
Pros
loved the residents!
Cons
unorganized, not flexible

Comment – April 19, 2012

Thank you for bringing this concern to our attention. It is very important to us that our employees feel valued and respected, and the issue you mentioned is currently being addressed. It is our practice to take shift requests from the various CLC communities two weeks in advance and then begin filling the shifts. Being a float pool, we also receive many last minute requests which cannot be scheduled in advance. I apologize if you were not informed in a timely manner of your scheduled shifts and if the communication was inappropriate; neither of these approaches supports the mission of our organization.

Offered me an excellent surrounding for my career.
LPN2/ Saff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Johnson Center/ Memory Care UnitMarch 1, 2012
Very supportive to staff. Excellent co-workers. Continuing education in the position I held. Some favoritism among staff. Stressful situations./ Excellent wage.
Pros
good schedule
Cons
extremely demanding position.
Very good living and work environment.
CNA (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 16, 2012
I love work in place base on Eden Alternative, I work for Christian Living Communities at Clermont Park 8+ years, we do have to express Christian love in our care for resident, and co-worker, in 2010 Jill (Executive Director Clermont Park) brought Eden Alternative (culture change), live, and work in Clermont park more enjoyable. All Staffs learn how to personalies care for every residents, we all likes a big family.
Pros
bonus, benefits, christmas gift, picnic