Christiana Care Health System Employee Reviews

Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Newark, DENovember 18, 2016
A great to place to work. I have in my position as a pharmacy technician. I love my co-workers. The hardest part about my job is the schedule.
Pros
Pay
Cons
schedule
Great Unit to Work
Care Coordinator, RN (Former Employee) –  Newark, DENovember 16, 2016
A typical day as a PCC - Patient Care Coordinator, involved managing the staff of 25 Nurses. Managing the admissions, discharges and transfers of patients in and out of the unit. Managing all the Human Capital, evaluations and benefit packages for each Staff member.

I learned so much of keeping patient population and the acuity staff at the most cost effective while achieving patient safety for various patient populations. This unit had many non-Pediatric patients as the unit was used for overflow Med/Surg and ICU stepdown patients.

Most enjoyable part of the day was to discharge a Pediatric Patient and family home after a successful restoration of health.

The hardest part of the job was to "sell the variety of patient population". Keeping the motivation high with Staff members.
Overworked
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEOctober 28, 2016
Very busy, always short staffed, high management turnover, but a great place to learn due to acuity of patients and autonomy of rrts.
great co-workers
Document Imaging Clerk (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEOctober 20, 2016
I loved the people I met and worked with for 10 years but they didn't have any way for me to move up in my role. If I could have moved up I would have loved to out in 45 years. Overall great experience.
Pros
great people great benefits
Cons
no move up
This is a 54 bed mother baby postpartum unit.
RNC (Current Employee) –  Newark, DESeptember 20, 2016
I work 12 hour shifts and have a supportive management team as well as a great group of coworkers. I especially enjoy the teaching requirements of this position, and seeing the patients and their families satisfaction.
Great company
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Newark, DESeptember 15, 2016
Very nice place to work at. It is more like a family rather than a work environment. Pay is great addition great benefits too!
CCHS is a great place to work
Accounting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEAugust 17, 2016
with the proper education, a person can easily move up in the company. In my 17 years, I switched positions 4 times, each time a better job than before.
Cchs
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEAugust 14, 2016
Good company to work for. Good benefits and opportunities for varied experience. Compensation and opportunity for advancement are somewhat lacking unless you are an external applicant.
excellent enviorment to work in
Heart monitor tech (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEAugust 2, 2016
I've learned a lot about health care, patient care and requirements of my positions. I enjoyed the faces of sick patients when I came in and made them laugh or just a ear to listen, coworkers were very nice and easily to talk to, also management. The hardest part would have to be learning and knowing a patient and them leaving there place on earth to be with god.
benefits
Cons
angry drs
I have found the hospital to be behind the times in most things. Besides clinical staff, they offer little to nothing for staff development.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEJuly 6, 2016
See summary above. They lack any sort of interest in non-clinical staff. There is nothing available for business staff. They hire mostly relatives and people they know, leaving little opportunity for upward mobility.
Pros
solid place to work, benefits
Cons
micro managers, closed hiring system.
Long hours but the knowlege gained as you work there out weighs anything.
Radiology Technician (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEJune 28, 2016
Good place to work , just had some difficulties with lower management. Good benefits. You'll gain quite a bit of knowledge as you interact with not only the patients but also the employees who work there.
Pros
knowledge, experience gained.
Cons
long hours, difficult management
Nice place to work.
Student Nurse Extern (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEJune 13, 2016
Enjoyed working with the patient population. It is a very heavy floor and I was able to further develop my time management skills. I was fortunate to have great co-workers.
I work five days a week and take call.
Perioperative Blood Management Technician (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEJune 9, 2016
I love my job, but I would like to explore other job opportunities. I am one of three people that do this jobs, I work up to 40-50 hours a week.
Excellent company!
SENIOR OFFICE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEJune 7, 2016
Excellent company to work for. Job security. Room to grow your education/ can apply within system . Work outside of hospital/
Pros
No weekends or nights
Cons
30 min breaks / hard to work with long time staffers
Very very picky on whom they hire
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Newcastle, DEJune 3, 2016
I worked for christiana care for 1 year at their sister company vna /homecare put in multiple applications for a tranfere into the hospital i have 6 years as a cna and qualified to work a patient care tech in the hospital the benefits was great but the pay was low , who can survive off 11.91 an hour?? Nobody ....if they were more open about hiring people and give people a chance it would be a even better place
Fulfilling work enviornment
CHAPLAIN RESIDENT (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJune 1, 2016
Pleasant place to work. Supportive staff. You get to work in a teaching hospital that is keen on interdisciplinary groups. People seem to appreciate each other. Yes there are cultural differences from one place of the organization. There will always be a problem in a large organization with different people, departments and personalities, but by and large I have had a great experience at Christiana.
Pros
Supportive environment. Great place that nurtures growth.
Cons
Parking has always been problematic.
Medical Clerk (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEMay 23, 2016
I worked here for over 10 years of my life and enjoyed it very much. It felt good to know that I was helping members of my community and being part of a great team.
Pros
lots of overtime
Cons
job advancement
Extremely busy, fast paced, learn alot
Patient Care Tech II (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEMay 18, 2016
I work 12 hour and 8 hour shifts. Constantly on my feet and on the go taking care of patients, assisting the nurses and sometimes do double duty as a unit clerk discharging/admitting patients, calling consults, making charts, ordering telemetry monitors or other equipment.
Pros
I have enjoyed my experiences at CCHS
Cons
n/a
Healthcare excellence
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEMay 17, 2016
The hospital was a great learning experience, & provided me with
opportunity to advance my knowledge. It was very satisfying to
help patients feel comfortable & secure. I would have remained
at Christiana Care, but I had family obligations that required my attention.
great place to work
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEApril 28, 2016
CCHS is a great place to work. I have fabulous co-workers and enjoy my job. I have learned to be part of a team and management is great