Christiana Care Health System Employee Reviews

CCHS is a Corporate run Cult Hospital, exemplified by CCHS Mission Statement
Surgical Team Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Newark, DESeptember 13, 2017
It is common knowledge in the legal and medical community
that CCHS management treats clinical staff poorly.

CCHS is a corporate controlled hospital.
Pros
Clinical staff
Cons
Incompetent Management
good place to work
Pt/Physician Access Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Newark, DESeptember 7, 2017
interaction with people and staff. for the most part like any other place to work it has its ups and downs. it is best to keep to yourself and do what is expected and leave at the end of the day
Fast paced work environment
PCT (Patient Care Technician) (Former Employee) –  Newark, DESeptember 6, 2017
I enjoyed working for Christiana care, it was challenging and rewarding. The nurses were helpful and were always there for assistance. I only wish that I could of continued working there after going back to school.
Cons
Not enough staff
cutting edge
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Newark, DESeptember 5, 2017
new equipment, new people, challenging patients, great educational opportunities. always improvement, departments work together to achieve best outcome for the public they serve
Cons
nothing offered for the senior staff to continue working
Christiana Care Health System is a good place to work.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Newark, DESeptember 1, 2017
The Christiana Care Health system provides the right environment for employees to perform at their utmost while encouraging and supporting them in educational advancements. A typical day at work involves a focus on excellent patient care and a culture of safety for both patients and employees. The hardest part of the job is losing a patient after every possible resource and knowledge has been utilized to save that life. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing patients get better and return to the community to continue to lead productive lives. The most enjoyable part of the job is when employees get together for socialization to create a common bond. I have learned how to be resilient and empathetic as a nurse and have acquired extensive knowledge over the years, which helps me day by day while I take care of my patients.
Smoke and mirrors
N/A (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEAugust 25, 2017
This company should be ashamed of themselves. I have been employed at cchs for over 10 yrs, and had an issue arise, they basically did everything they could to make my life impossible. They do NOT care about there employees and until my issue happened I would have told you what a great company it is. They want to be this exemplary hospital but treat there employees like garbage. It's sad that I had to find out this way, that I don't mean anything and basically am just a number. Thanks cchs for showing me how you feel about your employees
Pros
Pay.
Cons
Management ...long term / short term dis.
Enjoyable friendly work place
PCT (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEAugust 22, 2017
A day consisted of learning and new experiences I learned to care and treat patients new medical things management was wonderful always working together positive attitudes the culture was mixed the hardest part of the job was seeing the patients come and go but knowing you touch them and they touched you the most enjoyable part was knowing they left better then they came in and you were apart of that
Pros
advancement in the job
Cons
that I left the job after 5 years
Stressful work environment
Emergency Department RN (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEAugust 7, 2017
Busy emergency room, very stressful and fast paced job. Learned a lot about nursing and emergency medicine. Great overall experience. But the shift work was tiring with a family
Challenging and Fast paced environment
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEAugust 3, 2017
Good Benefits, hours were good. Management at the time was flexible with scheduling. Great benefits and if you needed to see a doctor, they were all there for you.
Pros
Decent pay, hours were flexible, room to advance if you worked hard
Christiana Care As A Whole
REHABILITATION AIDE (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEAugust 2, 2017
This is a great company to work with. We are well trained on how to provide patient-centered care. My typical day at work involves prepping for the day at work at least an hour early before the shift starts. There are many checks that must be completed. I have learned a lot about physical therapy and the process of rehabilitation. The management is okay, Some managers are more approachable than others. The work place culture is strongly team oriented. The hardest part of my job is the physically demanding aspects of holding patients up and supporting their body weight as needed. I really enjoy seeing the patients recover and go back to living their lives as usual.
Pros
An hour long lunch break department dependent, its not available everywhere be advised.
Cons
Overtime is not always allowed or approved.
Great place to advance
Document Imaging Clerk (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEJuly 29, 2017
the hardest part of this job was being short staffed. this was the most stressful, other than that I love the services here and the people are committed to making all services professional.
Pros
Flexable schedule
Cons
Cafe food
Fun, fast-paced place to work
Valet (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEJuly 23, 2017
Good place to work. Fun and fast-paced, got to meet a lot of people in my role as a Valet Attendant. Very diverse company and had a lot of opportunities to grow and expand your knowledge.
Decent Employer
Project Manager Suicide Prevention Pathway (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJuly 21, 2017
Recently CCHS stopped putting priority on developing from within. They are overly concerned with staff being RNs even when the position does not require nursing skills.

Generally good employer, good pay, decent benefits.
house keeping
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEJuly 17, 2017
Cleaning during the shift everyday
Sanitizing the rooms from top to bottom
Cleaning the floors with bleach
changing the beds everyday
Cleaning the beds
poor work culture
Professional Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEJuly 3, 2017
There are many departments and teams within Christiana but I speak for the department I worked in. It was a heavy environment full of gossip and judgmental people who's inappropriate behavior was reinforced by team leads who joined in the gossip and judgment.
Pros
nothing
Cons
lack of support, micro-management, zero comradery
Ever evolving changes to Healthcare
CARE LINK (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJuly 3, 2017
A typical day at work includes providing care to the chronically ill. I've learned that healthcare is ever changing and by creating successful changes through shared visions with my peers, I contribute to improving the customers experience and seek to eliminate all forms of waste from our health care system in order to help satisfy the needs of our clients.
Pros
Promoting a helathly work life balance
Cons
Parking is horrible at all locations, TRP is not garunteed to all employees
Micromanagement with poor work/life balance
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEJune 30, 2017
Inflexible management that expects maximum flexibility from employees, making work/life balance difficult. Management's attitude is that you can be replaced if you don't like it. They also like to make rules as they go along and openly practice favoritism. There is virtually no potential for growth and therefore a lot of employee turnover.

On the other hand, it is a level 1 trauma center and you will learn a lot.

Pay is competitive benefits are reasonably priced but medical is not as good as it used to be.
Pros
Excellent learning opportunity
Cons
Very poor management
Manager (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEJune 30, 2017
Very busy company. Education is important and they are willing to help pay for some of it. Offer many classes within the organization. Keep up with technology. Very caring of their patients.
Pros
tuition help, advancement opportunity
Cons
long days, short staffed
Learning Experience
Patient Escort (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJune 30, 2017
It was not what I expected. The work was a lot harder than i expected but it made me appreciate what they did a lot more. There was always a different experience each day and that's what kept the job interesting.
Everyday is a new beginning
Certified Nursing Assistant/PCT III (Clerk) (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJune 16, 2017
I love to come into work each day and learn about a new case. I learn something new and amazing everyday and try to incorporate my new skills with new coming patients.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Christiana Care Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

Christiana Care Health System Reviews by Location