Christiana Care Health System

Christiana Care Health System Employer Reviews

Excellent peer support and professional work environment.
Clinical Nurse II (Former Employee), Newark, DEJanuary 17, 2015
Excellent peer support and professional work environment.
Productive workplace
Surgical Scheduler (Current Employee), Newark, DEDecember 30, 2014
Pros: free pretzels on casual fridays
Cons: short lunch breaks
Christiana Care provides a great place to work but their leadership teams do otherwise.
Nice place to work
Biostatistician (Current Employee), Newark, DENovember 6, 2014
Christiana Care being the 2nd largest employer in Delware with over 10,000 employees is a nice place to work.
Productive, fast paced, kind, excellent team work, and very will organized.
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee), Newark, DelawareNovember 4, 2014
i love the pace of my job now an your constantly challenged to think on your feet. i work along side some of the most amazing nurses i have ever experienced in my career. ive learned alot of patience and understanding here due to the population we tend to work wit. i also gained a new sense of professionalism and respect for the companies i work with i will love to take the things i learned here to any other facility that is willing to have me as their employee.
Secretary/Administrative Assistant
Secretary/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEOctober 14, 2014
Pros: decent compensation; good hours; friendly co-workers
Cons: undestaffed, which caused unrealistic expectations.
Prepare Auto Insurance ID cards, and packets to be sent overseas to insureds. Open, distribute, and process all incoming mail. Answer telephone calls for a multiple phone system. Prepare and process expense reports for all Managers. Arrange all travel for managers, including VP with whom I personally supported. Processed timecards in preparation for payroll. Processed batches for credit card payments.

I learned how to prioritize my workload, and also became proficient in Microsoft Excel, and Outlook.
It's Grat Place to Work
Administrative Assistant I (Current Employee), Newark, DEOctober 14, 2014
Pros: growth in company
Cons: some of the people can be very ungratefull everyone needs employment.
Christiana Care is a very good employer. This company gives many people chances to excel in what ever field your interested in.
Great staff and working conditions
OR PROJECT MATERIELS MANAGER (Former Employee), Newark, DEOctober 3, 2014
Pros: great staff to work with in surgical suite.
I was hired to assemble a surgical team to take over and reduce unofficial inventory in the Surgical Suite. OR was 3 million in the Red with an unofficial inventory of 6 million. I proposed that we capitalize the inventory to control cost and assemble a team to restock and pick cases. Within one year we had the OR in the Black and was able to reduce procedure cost of approximately $300 per case.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Newark, DESeptember 15, 2014
An excellent work environment with encouragement and provision for advanced education.
Staff RN Surgical, Trauma, Neuro ICU (Current Employee), Newark, DESeptember 9, 2014
A large, Magnet hospital with great collaboration and teamwork
Great Place to Work
Staff RN (Former Employee), Newark, DESeptember 3, 2014
Pros: constant education
Cons: very busy, fast paced, strenuous work.
CCHS makes sure you are always learning. As a "life-long" learner that's important to me. I left to pursue a new opportunity and have found that once you leave it is impossible to get back in. I loved working there and truly miss it.
Some employees were friendly & helpful. Food Service is hard work, you get 2 breaks if lucky. Management is demanding, unless you kiss butt.
Service Assistant 1 (Former Employee), Newark, DEAugust 31, 2014
Pros: great pay & benefit package, pay time off, tuition reimbursement.
Cons: strict attendance policy, work shifts weren't good, no overtime!
I worked at Christiana Hospital over 22 years, got laid off in January 2014. Washed pots & pans, trash & box removal and other jobs. Had to do work my co-workers didn't want daily.
Excellent Benefits
Practice Coordinator/Clinical Coordinator (Current Employee), Wilmington, DEAugust 21, 2014
Pros: excellent benfits
Cons: need more work-life balance
Time to move on. Seems difficult to transition to other positions at this time.
About my employment with Christiana Care Health System
Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Former Employee), Unites statesAugust 14, 2014
Christiana provided a safe and conducive environment for both the technologists and all the patients who came for services at the facility. The management was great and they worked tirelessly to ensure that the supplies the technologists needed to do their work were available at the time of need. The most enjoyable part of the job was to meet new people everyday at work who were kind, strong and desire to get the medical attention. The hardest part of the job was when an imaging camera breaks down in the middle of the study or when patients on the schedule have showed for their appointments only to be told to wait for an engineer or re-schedule their appointment. Some patients would be upset with that.
great place to work
Executive Administrative Coordinator to the CIO (Former Employee), Newark, DEAugust 5, 2014
great place to work
Christiana's motto: "It's A Great Place to Work". This has been my experience.
Clinical Pastoral Education Resident (Current Employee), Newark, DEAugust 4, 2014
Providing care for patients, family, staff and community is very rewarding. Everyone works together for continuity of care and optimal health of clients. There is continuous education and educational opportunities which employees are encouraged to participate. The job is not hard; it is most enjoyable.
Sr. SQL Database Administrator (Current Employee), New Castle, DEJuly 23, 2014
great work environment. no too over whelming. great staff and company policies. don't plan on leaving, only looking to supplement my income.
Productive and Safe
Safety Companion (Current Employee), Newark, DEJuly 21, 2014
Safe and very professional working environment. Leaders in education and technology.
CCHS
Staff Nurse Radiology (Current Employee), HFGCCJuly 18, 2014
Employed with CCHS since relocated 2004. Have grown profesisional and personally taking advantage of continuing education, which is highly encouraged and promoted at the facility.
ALL I ALL A NICE PLACE TO WORK
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Newark, DEJuly 10, 2014
Pros: excellent co-workers excluding supervisor
Cons: no one to turn to with issues
LAST YEAR NOT A VERY PLEASANT PLACE TO WORK.

FIRST 14 YEARS WERE WONDERFUL AND EVERYONE I WORKED WITH WAS GREAT, FRIENDLY AND HELPFUL.
Love Helping others
Serving Specialist (Former Employee), Newark, DEJune 27, 2014
Enjoyed the independence of this job. Loved helping and caring for others!

1 2 3 4 5

About Christiana Care Health System

Christiana Care Health System, headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware, is one of the country's largest health care providers, ranking – Read more