Pros: free work time
Cons: extra-hours - working during weekends
- Coordination and management for all jewels, collections, precious stones submitted for sale.
- Contact with sellers, potential buyers, collectors, diamonds & precious stones dealers.
- Coordination with the "Precious metal control", GIA and other different gemmological institutions.
- Inventory management (highly demanding responsibility: transport – more... insurance, security and customers' confidentiality)
- Annual catalogue realization as well as posters, invitations advertising before the sale, in collaboration with photographers and printers.
- Exhibition and "Dealer's dinner" organization and management.
- Management and supervision of written and telephone bids.
What I learned: To be multifunctional, precise, a professional coordinator, flexible and work with highly demanding people.
My co-workers: Coordination with all team members with different responsibilities in order to deliver a high quality catalogue and objects for the auction sale. Dynamic and enthusiastic attitude demanded.
The hardest part of the job: Too many extra-hours, working during weekends under strong pressure.
The most enjoyable part of the job: Be in contact with the most extraordinary collections, jewels, diamonds, works of art, organize exhibitions in other cities (New York, Hong Kong, Singapore...) before the sale in Geneva. Realize a successful sale towards the competitors (Sotheby's). – less