Christina School District Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Work
Meal handler (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEAugust 31, 2017
You only work three hours a day. Paid bi-weekly. And everyone is mean. They fight over carts and food. They are mean to the kids. Im only staying for the children to make sure they are happy.
Good place to work if you need benefits and flexibility in scheduling
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEJuly 17, 2017
I would recommend this district to anyone looking for employment and benefits. You become eligible for benefits once you have a six hour run and have a choice of twenty-two or twenty-six pays the latter stretching your pay over the entire year in case you do not work over the summer. There js plenty of overtime and the pay is good for the work you do.
Pros
Summers Off, Very Good Benefits, Overtime
Great Benefits!
Para Educator (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJuly 9, 2017
Great Benefits!
Great Hours!
Administration leaves some to be desired. Often not very responsive to needs of employees.

Overall and good place to work.
Busy
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEJune 29, 2017
As a school teacher, you are always working with students. Trying to actively engage students on every level for them to be learning. The hardest part of the job is working with parents who struggle to understand that their child needs to learn responsibility.
While working for Christina School District I the atmosphere was very stressful due to the other employees.
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEJune 29, 2017
I has the same bus route for 5+ years and that was enjoyable. It was a very fast paced atmosphere at the district.The district transportation supervisor was very unprofessional.
Pros
same bus route for 5+ years
Cons
fellow employees made the atmosphere very stressful.
Rough
FCCLA state and national Food Prep competitions (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJune 7, 2017
This school was located in the inner city. A lot of students had serious needs and I think their needs were met to the best of our ability. Very tough administrator and the school moral was low at times.
Pros
Cool kids, teachers stuck together
Cons
Tough environment
I enjoyed working there just wasn't agreeing with everything
General Worker (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEMarch 31, 2017
My most enjoyable part of this job was the children and watch them smile when they came through the line.I would of stayed but I don't agree with the manager allowing people to go out and have smoke breaks whenever they pleased.I felt that I was being taking advantage of.
Pros
Perfect hours
Cons
People not following the rules
See below
Retired Teacher (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEMarch 9, 2017
I enjoyed working with the diversity of children I encountered each year. I love working with children and don't mind a challenge. I am good at dealing with problems I encounter before involving the principal. I enjoyed working with the staff as they are consistent and enjoy their positions at school, it is a safe environment where people want to work.
District is in a major transition
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJanuary 13, 2017
I loved teaching and still do. The school I was placed at had 3 principals in 5 years which causes some disruption to the flow of the school and what was expected of the teachers.

The district has a very lenient code of conduct which had many students getting disciplined for severe actions by a conference. Which of course did not change their behavior or give them the tools to turn their behavior around.
Pros
Watching a student "get it", teaching, having positive connections with students
Cons
Behavior was not managed according to code of conduct, students running the school
Great multi tasking and building management
Senior Administrative/Financial Secretary (Former Employee) –  Newark, DE 19702June 21, 2016
This job taught me the importance of having staff report to you and gained the experience of learning how to handle different personalities. Fun loving place to work and people to work with.
Pros
Worked on my own
Great work environment
Facilities Intern (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEMarch 16, 2016
A great work environment where I could ask anything when I needed something, and I learned how to deal with large tasks in the most efficient manner. They were flexible with my hours when I needed off needed to come in late.
fun, a great learning experance
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  400 whyoming ave newark DeJanuary 22, 2016
job started at 5 am on the job, after my pre check, time to pic up kids for school, had a desanated rute, after finishing rute, the opption of takeing a mid day run was offered,that i signed up for, some times it was driveing a handycap bus, I found that management to b very good at there jobs, as well as the drivers.
Pros
good benafits, frendly place to work.
Cons
to high of a management turn over.
Working with books and children
Librarian Aide (Former Employee) –  Newark, DESeptember 27, 2015
Working with some wonderful teachers and students, as well as a vast collection of literature. This environment added a beautiful side to the high school life.
Pros
Relaxation during Lunches, building up connections with local colleges and businesses.
Cons
Disrespectful treatment from younger generation
Transport children
dispatcher super. (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEAugust 27, 2015
I had to be at work at 5 am. And worked 204 different personalities that was hard.Seeing that all students had a safe ride to and from school.The hardest part was riding to new area to write the routes for the bus route, my job was to open the yard at 5 am and get the drivers out of the yard and fill in for those who didn't come to work,handled problems on the two way radio.
excellent state job
Secretary, Human Resources and Business Services (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEFebruary 25, 2015
While working through various employment agencies over the years, I finally found one that complimented my personality and work ethic. I'd highly recommend working for the Christina School District.
Christina District
Stubbs Elementary School (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEFebruary 15, 2015
Nice company to work for. Enjoyed working with children and other co-workers. Appreciated the free lunches and quality interactions with the kids. Highly appreciated the experience gained.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Few hours
High paced learning environment
Visual Arts Educator (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJanuary 21, 2015
Worked with all staff members and students.
Challenging to balance the curriculum with the various needs of the students.
Learned that nothing stays the same. Constantly need to revamp lessons and strategies.
Children are the best part of the job when you see how much they have grown and enjoy learning.
Pros
Manage my own curriculum/lessons.
Cons
Having to learn the new strategies adopted by the state.
Enjoy learning to understand each student's positive and negative personality
LONG TERM SUBSTITUTE TEACHER (Former Employee) –  Newark & wilmingtonJanuary 14, 2015
A typical day at work, is helping the students to turn both negative and positive strengths to success, for the present and possibilities of future success
Nice but tight curriculum
Assisting and Caring for Others (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEOctober 17, 2014
Enjoyable experience. Didn't really talk to to many staff besides the ones in the class but we got along great. Hardest part wanted to do more for the kids but had to follow a curriculum.
rewarding job, as well as challenging.
Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEMarch 11, 2014
I'm a paraprofessional, for children with disabilities. I assist with their educational needs and activities of daily living so they will be successful in their everyday lives.
Pros
teaching a child and seeing them reach thier IEP goals