Christina School District Employee Reviews

Great work environment
Facilities Intern (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEMarch 16, 2016
A great work environment where I could ask anything when I needed something, and I learned how to deal with large tasks in the most efficient manner. They were flexible with my hours when I needed off needed to come in late.
fun, a great learning experance
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  400 whyoming ave newark DeJanuary 22, 2016
job started at 5 am on the job, after my pre check, time to pic up kids for school, had a desanated rute, after finishing rute, the opption of takeing a mid day run was offered,that i signed up for, some times it was driveing a handycap bus, I found that management to b very good at there jobs, as well as the drivers.
Pros
good benafits, frendly place to work.
Cons
to high of a management turn over.
Working with books and children
Librarian Aide (Former Employee) –  Newark, DESeptember 27, 2015
Working with some wonderful teachers and students, as well as a vast collection of literature. This environment added a beautiful side to the high school life.
Pros
Relaxation during Lunches, building up connections with local colleges and businesses.
Cons
Disrespectful treatment from younger generation
Transport children
dispatcher super. (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEAugust 27, 2015
I had to be at work at 5 am. And worked 204 different personalities that was hard.Seeing that all students had a safe ride to and from school.The hardest part was riding to new area to write the routes for the bus route, my job was to open the yard at 5 am and get the drivers out of the yard and fill in for those who didn't come to work,handled problems on the two way radio.
excellent state job
Secretary, Human Resources and Business Services (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEFebruary 25, 2015
While working through various employment agencies over the years, I finally found one that complimented my personality and work ethic. I'd highly recommend working for the Christina School District.
Christina District
Stubbs Elementary School (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEFebruary 15, 2015
Nice company to work for. Enjoyed working with children and other co-workers. Appreciated the free lunches and quality interactions with the kids. Highly appreciated the experience gained.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Few hours
High paced learning environment
Visual Arts Educator (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJanuary 21, 2015
Worked with all staff members and students.
Challenging to balance the curriculum with the various needs of the students.
Learned that nothing stays the same. Constantly need to revamp lessons and strategies.
Children are the best part of the job when you see how much they have grown and enjoy learning.
Pros
Manage my own curriculum/lessons.
Cons
Having to learn the new strategies adopted by the state.
Enjoy learning to understand each student's positive and negative personality
LONG TERM SUBSTITUTE TEACHER (Former Employee) –  Newark & wilmingtonJanuary 14, 2015
A typical day at work, is helping the students to turn both negative and positive strengths to success, for the present and possibilities of future success
Nice but tight curriculum
Assisting and Caring for Others (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEOctober 17, 2014
Enjoyable experience. Didn't really talk to to many staff besides the ones in the class but we got along great. Hardest part wanted to do more for the kids but had to follow a curriculum.
rewarding job, as well as challenging.
Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEMarch 11, 2014
I'm a paraprofessional, for children with disabilities. I assist with their educational needs and activities of daily living so they will be successful in their everyday lives.
Pros
teaching a child and seeing them reach thier IEP goals
Productive and fun place
STUDENT SUPPORT SERVICES (Current Employee) –  Newark, DealwareMarch 4, 2014
Great company, great people, wonderful students. In by 7, the kids are always nice and caring, the people above me are always nice and well spoken and help you when needed, people I work with are always happy and joyful. Hardest part about the job are the kids sometimes how a hard time of understanding concepts. When the students do understand what I am saying is when I get joy from being a teacher.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
This was a pleasant place to work.
School Secretary (Former Employee) –  390 Salem Church RoadJanuary 16, 2014
• Answer telephones and give information to callers, take messages, or transfer calls to appropriate individuals
• Operate office equipment such as fax machines, copiers, and phone systems, and use computers for spreadsheet, word processing, database management, and other applications
• Greet visitors or callers and handle their inquiries or direct them to the appropriate person

I learned to be a team player, and not to take things personal.
My co-workers and I got along well together,
The hardest part of my job was having to be all things to all people.
I enjoyed my job, there was never a dull moment, there were a variety of activities every day.
Pros
Working in a school allows you to see students come in one, by graduation see the positive change.
Cons
Watching a student get in trouble and not able to bounce back.
Good values and great compensation
Lead/General Worker (Current Employee) –  Newark, DENovember 6, 2013
When we go in to work, you become part of a team. While working in the schools, you learn how to accomplish your job functions in a time manner. Management exercises good values when making decisions. My co-workers are usually very helpful and prove to be great team members. The hardest part of the job is that it never ends. There is always something to do. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the children.
Pros
Great hourly wage
Cons
Not enough hours
Diverse school district
Special Educator (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEAugust 15, 2013
The district is very diverse. Each school is different. If you end up at school with a good principal...stay! Trust me, every school is not lucky enough to have a good pricipal.
Pros
benefits and teacher's salary
Cons
way too much paper work
A District Constantly Changing
Family and Community Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEJuly 23, 2013
Once the most prestigious district in the State of Delaware, the multiple administrative changes (four different superintendents in the past ten years) seem to have affected their status. This is evident in the increasing number of children within the district now seeking/attending private and charter schools. In the last school year, our early childhood program/school had three different principals, two with little to no experience working with families and young children. As a former CSD student, and very involved parent of three daughters that graduated from CSD (spanning over 35 years), I am saddened by the decreased attention to the well-being of children and families.
Pros
State benefits
Cons
Multiple administrative changes
File Clerk
File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEApril 14, 2013
I would wake up at 5 a.m. get off at 3:30 p.m. I had two fifteen mintune break one in the morging and one in the afternoon but I would just work through my break unless I really needed it. I learned the duties of being a sectary. The mangement there was really excellent, she would come around to each person and see how we were doing and would help any way she could. All my co-workers were really friendly we had jokes and just felt like family. The hardest part was taking the binders apart when we prepared them for destruction. The most enjoyable of working was getting to meet new people.
Pros
lunch paid for
Curriculum Specialist and Reading First Coach (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEMay 29, 2012
Held various positions with Chrisitna. Enjoyed coaching in the Reading First Initiative. Great results!!
Pros
excellent staff development opportunities
Cons
extensive paperwork

4.2