Christmas Tree Shop

Christmas Tree Shop Employer Reviews

Loved the job
Laborer (Former Employee), Hagerstown, MDDecember 11, 2014
Pros: coworkers, learning experience
Cons: only part time, will not hire any full time workers
A typical day included unloading trucks and putting stock away and then on shelves as needed. First job in a store or anything other than construction. Learned to follow list of orders.
A cheerful work environment
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Poughkeepsie, NYDecember 2, 2014
Pros: employee discount
Cons: no health care
Customer service desk and interacting with both customers and associates.
Family oriented company
CSA (Current Employee), Allentown, PANovember 19, 2014
The co-workers and management make it all worth it. Everyone is friendly and treats you equal.
productive
Customer service (Former Employee), augusta gaNovember 6, 2014
I worked as a overnight stocker. I enjoyed my job to the fullest I learned how to organize a lot. the management was very helpful when needed
Awesome deals
Office Coordinator (Former Employee), Hoover, ALNovember 3, 2014
Pros: good for gaining retail experience.
Cons: not a place for growth for african americans.
I worked for Christmas Tree Shops for 2 years and enjoyed my first retail experience. The only negative thing I have to say is they do not believe in promoting black people to management positions. They will promote them to supervisor roles but not many make it to management. I was told on numerous occasions I would be promoted to manager but when a – more... management position opened up the store manager said I would get a chance to interview for the position with the district manager. When the district manager came down to interview people he didn't know anything about me interviewing for the position. The DM did take the time out to interview me but was told by the store manager there was no one in the store worth interviewing and the entire time the store manager told me how I would be a great candidate for the job! Also when I changed my availability from full time to part time no one from the store attempted to call me back and when I called to see it they had put me on the schedule as part time they gave me the run around and made it seem like I just chose not to show up for work. – less
Comfortable work environment, and a fun job!
Stock Associate (Former Employee), Orange, CTOctober 30, 2014
Pros: group break, management recognition, free snacks
Cons: it was a seasonal position
At the Christmas Tree Shop we were required to being our tasks each night independently by bringing our carts or racks to designated isles, and reading and assembling planograms to stock and restock isles with new products each night. When we finished our independent projects we would work together as a team on odds and ends tasks to make sure that – more... the store was in the best shape possible before the store opened at the end of our shift. Management was great, our workload was always according to our efficiency and time management so no one was over burdened with a too large work load. My co-workers formed a bond since we all took group breaks and worked as a team for parts of each night. The hardest part of my job was constant use of ladders (not my favorite part, I hate heights). The most enjoyable part was the environment, and the fact that the work was tedious and detail oriented but we had a little freedom with aisle planning and I liked that. – less
treat there employees with respect
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Shrewsbury, MAOctober 28, 2014
Pros: 20% discount
Cons: no health insurance for part time help
management is wonderful they treat every one equally and respectfully you get to know the regular customers i learned everyone has there own personality but should be respected. the hardest part of the day is when a customer comes in the store when it is opening with a bad attitude. every holiday they always had something for the employees in the break – more... room. they are a good company to work for. – less
Fun work place, everyone is friendly
Customer Service Assocaite/ Cashier (Current Employee), Poughkeepsie, NYOctober 21, 2014
Pros: everyone is helpful, everyone gets along
Cons: not a lot of hours
The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with customers and making them leave with a smile.
Productive fun place to work.
Stock Clerk (Current Employee), Deptford, NJOctober 8, 2014
The Christmas Tree Shop is a laid back, but productive work setting. Everyone works together as a team so accomplish the tasks at hand.
I loved working here
Seasonal Help (Former Employee), Foxborough, MASeptember 28, 2014
Pros: nice break room, easy clock in/out
Cons: most jobs seem to be seasonal only
Even though I was only seasonal I made a few friends at work. management was very nice and I got along with the younger coworkers best (I was only 15). hardest part was learning the register but the most enjoyable part was talking with the customers and making them happy about their purchases.
The Store Manager needs to know how to create a team atmosphere.
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Manchester, CTSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: benifits
Cons: unreasonable management work loads
Management work loads very heavy. Many times 65 to 75 hr work weeks.
Company put many restrictions on petty cash that allowed mgrs to do nice little extras such as Monthly Birthday cakes, or contest. We did have bulletin boards set up to recognise team members for customer service and their training.
Most of the management team worked very well together.
The – more... best part of my job was working on selling floor with the team achieving customer service and merchandising goals. – less
great place to work always fun
Cashier (Former Employee), Staten Island, NYSeptember 8, 2014
nice environment to work in. friendly management and coworkers.
nice place to work
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee), Rockaway, NJAugust 30, 2014
Helped to get the store prepared every night for the next mornings and days guests. Processed freight, created new displays on end caps and fill shelves with merchandise. Stocked the merchandise in a stable manner. Brought stoked items forward so that shelves appear full and neat. Ensured that individual items were in their correct locations.
I feel like my head will explode each day I walk into the call center
BBB Call Center Rep (Former Employee), Middleboro, MaAugust 28, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: wages for responsibility ratio = poor
I cannot express how damaging this job is to your peace of mind.
christmas tree shop
General Service Associate (Current Employee), Paramus, NJAugust 27, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: no overtime
busy atmosphere
Fair management
easy going coworkers
Hires seasonal people
So Bright!!
Stock Clerk (Former Employee), Flint, MIAugust 18, 2014
the store overall was a beautiful environment to work with. i still have my badge from when is tarted. would love the opportunity to work with them again.
productive and fun work place
Sales/Cashier Associate (Former Employee), Manchester, CTAugust 17, 2014
Pros: easy labor
Cons: angry customers
i enjoyed helping people find merchandise, and cashing them out
Fun place to work at.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Deer Park, NYAugust 9, 2014
Pros: different departments, and team work.
Cons: short breaks and hours consistently get cut.
The job can be a peaceful and fun environment depending on the management.
Don't you just love a bargain
Cashier (Seasonal) (Former Employee), Manchester, CTJuly 29, 2014
Pros: friendky people
Cons: not enough breaks
I look forward to working there on holidays it is so much fun. I love the friendly people and how happy people get and helping others
Not just Christmas
CASHIER (Current Employee), Fredericksburg, VAJuly 28, 2014
It is a nice place to work. A lot of customers are surprised at how many different things we sell. They changing seasons always bring in new and varied items.

1 2 3 4 5

About Christmas Tree Shop

Bed Bath & Beyond (BBB) has everything you need to play "house" for real. It's the nation's #1 superstore domestics retailer with about – Read more