Christmas Tree Shop

Christmas Tree Shop Employee Reviews

Meeting different cultures of people and enjoying the work atmosphere.
Customer Service (Former Employee), Augusta, GAMay 16, 2015
Pros: Discount on merchandise.
Cons: Nothing.
I enjoyed working at the Christmas Tree Shop because I met a diversity of different cultures of people. The atmosphere was exciting and the store had a lot of merchandise for every season. I would walk down one aisle and there was the Christmas merchandise and right across was the Thanksgiving merchandise. Can you imagine doing all of your shopping for every holiday and every season in one store? That's awesome!!! Only wish I had the opportunity to continue working at the Christmas Tree Shop, sad to say the job was only holiday employment. However, I was offered a job back at the Christmas Tree Shop during the holiday season and I was excited. There was no hard part to my job because the customers and my co-workers saw to it that I was comfortable during my employment there. It was a honor to have worked for a company that make their employees feel welcome and secured.
I Love this job!
Cashier (Former Employee), Deptford, NJMay 15, 2015
I liked this job because it was a busy store and time flew by! Everybody was nice! Its a shame that I was only seasonal help. I would work here again if they hired me full time and more money. This would be a good job for college or high school students
Dishonest company. Middleboro, MA Call Center/Chat positions
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Middleboro, MAMay 14, 2015
Pros: 20% off in store purchases at BedBath Beyond, Christmas Tree Shops, BuyBuyBaby and Harmon.
Cons: Expensive Health insurance deductibles, micromanaged environment, misleading job positions.
They will hire for web/chat customer service from 3pm-12am with a 1 hour lunch and during the interview advise you that you may SOMETIMES help the call center.

When you show up for training it's FOR a call center position with a flex shift from either 3:00pm-11:30pm or 3:30pm-12am that changes weekly and you only get a 30 minute lunch and one 15 minute break.

They will tell you that you may go to chat EVENTUALLY once you learn the systems, but other seasoned representatives are also interested.

Training is part time 30 hours, even if you are hired for a full time position.

You have to get to work early and log into the computers PRIOR to your shift to 'clock in'. If you are late clocking in for your shift you get HALF a point. If you call out sick you get 1 point.
After 3 points accumulated you are terminated.

You are micromanaged every minute of the day. Be prepared to be asked "what are you doing?" if you are not on a phone call, including trying to do follow up work that they do not allocate time for. You are supposed to fit them in between calls, but your calls are typically back to back.
Very Fun an Productive place
CSA/Cashier (Former Employee), Shrewsbury, MAMay 11, 2015
I loved working here, I learned how to work the cash register here, I enjoyed my Managers. My coworkers were Great to work with.
great place
Overnight Stocker (Current Employee), Middletown, NYApril 19, 2015
the Christmas tree shop in Middletown ny is a great place to work its nothing like any other retail store in the area any the mangers and co-workers are great
great job
Cashier (Former Employee), Salem, NHApril 17, 2015
great job i loved working here. did what i was told always on time if they take me back is a yes with no doubts. i learn a lot on here for the time being.
very stressful
Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee), Dallas, TXApril 15, 2015
working at the Christmas tree shops was very fun at first but there was a lot of unnecessary drama. i felt like i was in high school again.
Fun Place to work/great atmosphere
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Altamonte Springs, FLApril 13, 2015
Pros: gift cards and special lunches
Cons: would love more hours
Christmas tree shop is a great place just wish there were more hours available, I love the people there it has opened so many opportunities such as stocking, processing, customer service desk, cashiering,signs and pricing, The best part is seeing customers happy and satisfied and returning .
Great Job
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Williston, VTApril 9, 2015
Pros: Always changing environment
Cons: Low payroll hours
Was a fun place to work. Floor plans were always changing. Was able to tailor the store to the customer base. Hours were good and the store manager was kind with hours and time off.
Christmas Tree Shops, Sale Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Deer Park, NYApril 9, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: sesonal job, part-time job
Helped customers choose and purchase the items; provided excellent customer service. Expertly discussed the features, and quality merchandise. Quickly resolved customer issues and complains.
Ok
Cashier, Recovery, Truck rocker (Former Employee), nashua NhApril 8, 2015
The assistant manager was a very unprofessional women who would not deliver emegency calls from family while working from my handicapped father.
Amazing company to work for!
Sales Associate, Stock, Backroom, Customer Service (Current Employee), Mays Landing, NJApril 5, 2015
Pros: Caring employees, treated right, a job looking forward to going into
Cons: sometimes theirs not enough hours that you would like to work.
I love working at the Christmas Tree Shops, the company as a whole is amazing and treat their employees right. They care a lot about all their employees equally and work around any schedule and theres never any conflicts about needing a day off or working a certain time.
Not a good place to work
Overnight Stock Clerk (Former Employee), Williston, VTApril 1, 2015
Pros: Piad more for overnight.
Cons: too much to do and not enough time of employees
Management puts unfair responsibilities on temporary employees while they stand around and talk. But did make friendships with other employees.
Great place to work but there is no advancment for growth
Front-end Manager/Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee), Staten Island, NYMarch 30, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: no hours
I love working at Christmas Tree Shop, But they do not hire full time, nor do they care about the employeess. The reason i love working there is because I love working with the public and helping them find what they are looking for. Most of the employees are fun to be around.
Stressful working environment
Stockroom Associate (Former Employee), Rockaway, NJMarch 27, 2015
The supervisor of the backroom was fantastic he understood hard work and how to make things go smoothly despite the horrible decisions from the boss. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the crazy boss.
Great place to learn about the workings of middle to upper management in numerous fields
Human Resources / Office Coordinator (Current Employee), Wilmington, DEMarch 21, 2015
Pros: great place to hone skills, develop professionally
Cons: not many ways to move up
Had pleasure of having management work one on one to help develop and refine human resources skills, project management, inter-office communication, and problem solving. Was cross trained to be proficient at every position at the store. A typical day was anything but typical; everyday could bring something new and different to the table. From writing and re-writing schedules, hosting job fairs, performing orientations, holding safety meetings, to running the cash office and payroll, ring a register, handle the front end customer service desk, mediate employee disputes with management or one another, or help load product into a customer's vehicle, everyday brings something different from the previous.
Great place to work.
Cashier (Former Employee), North Dartmouth, MAMarch 21, 2015
It was a fun, fast paced job with a great team for support if needed. Everyone was friendly and outgoing. I like competing in the competitions and winning most of them. I really excelled at singing up 40+ customers a day with the Christmas Tree Shops emails.
Productive work area, affable work associates
Seasonal Temp (Current Employee), 270 Daniels Way, Burlington, NJMarch 19, 2015
Learned how to operate heavy equipment, keep accountability of work, safe environment, enjoyed communicating with management and all co-workers
Productive workplace
General Sales Associate (Former Employee), Bridgewater, NJMarch 16, 2015
Great place to work as a starter job. Typically started the day at 8:00AM and generally began processing with the team at 9:00AM giving us an hour to preform any duties assigned by the supervisor beforehand. Most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work as a team and the fast paced work environment of processing new items which led to time passing by very quickly. Room to grow if you show your supervisors you have initiation and a thorough understanding of how your job works.
i enjoy most of the co-worker that i work with
Front End Supervisor/Customer Service (Current Employee), Harrisburg, PAMarch 6, 2015
keeps you busy, learned a lot about people, most managers are pleasant the company it self is more worried about money then it own employees it is focused on everything but its employees, and until this company starts to care more about its employees it will have a revolving door

1 2 3 4 5

About Christmas Tree Shop

Bed Bath & Beyond (BBB) has everything you need to play "house" for real. It's the nation's #1 superstore domestics retailer with about – Read more

Christmas Tree Shop Salaries