Christmas Tree Shop Employee Reviews

Cashier (Former Employee), Staten Island, NYAugust 3, 2015
Easy to do job for those who are willing to work as a team. Reasonable hours, friendly employees, hard working managers.
Co-workers are all friendly and will work as a team.
warehouse and seasonal
warehouse/ customer service (Former Employee), Deer Park, NYAugust 3, 2015
Pros: discounts on items
Cons: alot of heavy lifting
working at Christmas tree shops had been a decent experience , there is a lot of heavy lifting and takes a lot of team work to complete a task. People there were nice and liked to get the job done. kinda fast paste working there but as long as you have an energy drink the job will be excellent. I have been there seasonally employed for the winter, I also met a lot of cool friends there.
Productive Fun and Stable Work Environment
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee), Orange, CTJuly 27, 2015
Work would be very easy fun and productive. Work was always great even on a bad day just have to stay self motivated. The management was fine as well they really were helpful during certain situations
Friendly place to work
Customer Service Representative, Sales Associate (Former Employee), Taylor, MI 48101July 20, 2015
Pros: Friendly place, they work around your schedule, etc
Cons: short breaks and not enough hours
I very much enjoyed working at the Christmas Tree Shops. Only issue with the place was not getting enough hours. But overall, it is a great place to work.

A typical day at CTS, would be to greet each customer with a smile and ask how I could help, cover inventory and shipping and receiving as well as being a cashier on other days. Stocking and rotating was another part of my daily routine. I learned more about stock rotation and how to keep up with inventory. Management and coworkers were great, they made the place feel like home. We were one big family! There wasn't any hard part of the job, I can say that with confidence. Most enjoyable part was being around friendly people all day. They really brought up my spirits.
Friendly and Productive Place to work
Stock Clerk (Former Employee), Paramus, NJJuly 10, 2015
I have learned different techniques on how to promote new products to customers, and the design of the store which I had to learn to better my abilities to arrange the merchandise on the displays. Management was easy to work with, as long as you did your job.
Christmas Tree Shops
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee), Hoover, ALJune 24, 2015
A typical day at Christmas Tree Shops was pretty interesting and fun actually. I made myself everyday happy even though it was a seasonal job for me. My co-workers made sure I was doing the right thing and stay on task. They motivate me to finish a task. The most enjoyable of the job was helping customers to find what they need and being in contact with the customers.
it was fun
Backroom Team Member (Former Employee), Erie, PAJune 18, 2015
Pros: nice people
Cons: part time work
it was a lot of exercise, unloading trucks every other day, make pallets full of product, take that to the tables, open all product price everything, then stock the floor, the people that worked in the backroom were so nice, we always had a good day
Call Center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Middleboro, MAJune 8, 2015
CTS was a difficult job to work at. The management was hard and very one minded. They wanted people who were social with everyone to advance, then those who worked hard. I did meet amazing people and today I can still call them friends.
good job
Stock Associate (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEMay 31, 2015
nice work place made good money. was a over night stocker for a couple of months. I didn't have a ride back in fouth so I had to quit
ok
Forklift Driver (Former Employee), Florence, NJMay 26, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: not enoghe hours
drive forklift and load trucks and shipping making sure the trucks are loaded as needed and ride pallet jack wrapping pallets with plastic and keep up with the truck drivers
Meeting different cultures of people and enjoying the work atmosphere.
Customer Service (Former Employee), Augusta, GAMay 16, 2015
Pros: Discount on merchandise.
Cons: Nothing.
I enjoyed working at the Christmas Tree Shop because I met a diversity of different cultures of people. The atmosphere was exciting and the store had a lot of merchandise for every season. I would walk down one aisle and there was the Christmas merchandise and right across was the Thanksgiving merchandise. Can you imagine doing all of your shopping for every holiday and every season in one store? That's awesome!!! Only wish I had the opportunity to continue working at the Christmas Tree Shop, sad to say the job was only holiday employment. However, I was offered a job back at the Christmas Tree Shop during the holiday season and I was excited. There was no hard part to my job because the customers and my co-workers saw to it that I was comfortable during my employment there. It was a honor to have worked for a company that make their employees feel welcome and secured.
I Love this job!
Cashier (Former Employee), Deptford, NJMay 15, 2015
I liked this job because it was a busy store and time flew by! Everybody was nice! Its a shame that I was only seasonal help. I would work here again if they hired me full time and more money. This would be a good job for college or high school students
Dishonest company. Middleboro, MA Call Center/Chat positions
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Middleboro, MAMay 14, 2015
Pros: 20% off in store purchases at BedBath Beyond, Christmas Tree Shops, BuyBuyBaby and Harmon.
Cons: Expensive Health insurance deductibles, micromanaged environment, misleading job positions.
They will hire for web/chat customer service from 3pm-12am with a 1 hour lunch and during the interview advise you that you may SOMETIMES help the call center.

When you show up for training it's FOR a call center position with a flex shift from either 3:00pm-11:30pm or 3:30pm-12am that changes weekly and you only get a 30 minute lunch and one 15 minute break.

They will tell you that you may go to chat EVENTUALLY once you learn the systems, but other seasoned representatives are also interested.

Training is part time 30 hours, even if you are hired for a full time position.

You have to get to work early and log into the computers PRIOR to your shift to 'clock in'. If you are late clocking in for your shift you get HALF a point. If you call out sick you get 1 point.
After 3 points accumulated you are terminated.

You are micromanaged every minute of the day. Be prepared to be asked "what are you doing?" if you are not on a phone call, including trying to do follow up work that they do not allocate time for. You are supposed to fit them in between calls, but your calls are typically back to back.
Very Fun an Productive place
CSA/Cashier (Former Employee), Shrewsbury, MAMay 11, 2015
I loved working here, I learned how to work the cash register here, I enjoyed my Managers. My coworkers were Great to work with.
great place
Overnight Stocker (Current Employee), Middletown, NYApril 19, 2015
the Christmas tree shop in Middletown ny is a great place to work its nothing like any other retail store in the area any the mangers and co-workers are great
great job
Cashier (Former Employee), Salem, NHApril 17, 2015
great job i loved working here. did what i was told always on time if they take me back is a yes with no doubts. i learn a lot on here for the time being.
very stressful
Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee), Dallas, TXApril 15, 2015
working at the Christmas tree shops was very fun at first but there was a lot of unnecessary drama. i felt like i was in high school again.
Fun Place to work/great atmosphere
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Altamonte Springs, FLApril 13, 2015
Pros: gift cards and special lunches
Cons: would love more hours
Christmas tree shop is a great place just wish there were more hours available, I love the people there it has opened so many opportunities such as stocking, processing, customer service desk, cashiering,signs and pricing, The best part is seeing customers happy and satisfied and returning .
Great Job
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Williston, VTApril 9, 2015
Pros: Always changing environment
Cons: Low payroll hours
Was a fun place to work. Floor plans were always changing. Was able to tailor the store to the customer base. Hours were good and the store manager was kind with hours and time off.
Christmas Tree Shops, Sale Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Deer Park, NYApril 9, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: sesonal job, part-time job
Helped customers choose and purchase the items; provided excellent customer service. Expertly discussed the features, and quality merchandise. Quickly resolved customer issues and complains.