Christmas Tree Shop

Christmas Tree Shop Employer Reviews

Great place to learn about the workings of middle to upper management in numerous fields
Human Resources / Office Coordinator (Current Employee), Wilmington, DEMarch 21, 2015
Pros: great place to hone skills, develop professionally
Cons: not many ways to move up
Had pleasure of having management work one on one to help develop and refine human resources skills, project management, inter-office communication, and problem solving. Was cross trained to be proficient at every position at the store. A typical day was anything but typical; everyday could bring something new and different to the table. From writing and re-writing schedules, hosting job fairs, performing orientations, holding safety meetings, to running the cash office and payroll, ring a register, handle the front end customer service desk, mediate employee disputes with management or one another, or help load product into a customer's vehicle, everyday brings something different from the previous.
Great place to work.
Cashier (Former Employee), North Dartmouth, MAMarch 21, 2015
It was a fun, fast paced job with a great team for support if needed. Everyone was friendly and outgoing. I like competing in the competitions and winning most of them. I really excelled at singing up 40+ customers a day with the Christmas Tree Shops emails.
Productive work area, affable work associates
Seasonal Temp (Current Employee), 270 Daniels Way, Burlington, NJMarch 19, 2015
Learned how to operate heavy equipment, keep accountability of work, safe environment, enjoyed communicating with management and all co-workers
Productive workplace
General Sales Associate (Former Employee), Bridgewater, NJMarch 16, 2015
Great place to work as a starter job. Typically started the day at 8:00AM and generally began processing with the team at 9:00AM giving us an hour to preform any duties assigned by the supervisor beforehand. Most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work as a team and the fast paced work environment of processing new items which led to time passing by very quickly. Room to grow if you show your supervisors you have initiation and a thorough understanding of how your job works.
i enjoy most of the co-worker that i work with
Front End Supervisor/Customer Service (Current Employee), Harrisburg, PAMarch 6, 2015
keeps you busy, learned a lot about people, most managers are pleasant the company it self is more worried about money then it own employees it is focused on everything but its employees, and until this company starts to care more about its employees it will have a revolving door
Creative and Fun environment to learn and grow with merchandising.
Overnight Merchandiser/Stocker (Current Employee), Deptford, NJMarch 4, 2015
Pros: freedom to be creative
Cons: not enough hours in my opinion
A typical Day at work would be taking product to the floor and stocking it for the next day. I have been able to utilize my merchandising skills for numerous projects. The people I work with are really personable and friendly; always willing to help. Management will work with you if you work with them. They are very detail oriented and productive and expect their team to follow the same footsteps.
Cashier (Current Employee), 2700 Veterans RdFebruary 26, 2015
I love working at the Christmas Tree Shops. It's very friendly everyone gets along. It's a warm and welcoming environment.
simple cashier job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Middletown, NYFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: 20% discount
Cons: low pay and no hours
A side from never getting more than 20 per week even during the Xmas rush, the job was simple. Management was annoying but not mean or harsh.
simple retail job and positive atmosphere
Customer service associate (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: 20% discount on items in the store
Cons: no heath benefits, no employee review, and at times the managers can be a little shady towards seasonal employees
Just enough to keep gas in my tank. its no room here to move up or fully utilize my skills and education. its the typical retail store. being here has further excelled my growth in dealing with the public. the part about this job I enjoy the most is the atmosphere and the coworkers
fun work place
Customer Service Consultant (Former Employee), brick, njFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: not much room for advancemnt
Cons: friendly people
this would be ideal if they pay was better and the hours. I enjoyed working for Christmas Tree Shop, I never felt stressed out, I feel their return policy should be stronger but besides that not a bad place to work.
I loved working for CTS in Rochester, NY not Paramus, NJ so much
customer service associate (Former Employee), rochester, ny and paramus, njFebruary 12, 2015
Good part time job
Low Compensation
Works with schedule
Great management in Rochester
The management in Paramus is not as good
A lot of work for a small paycheck
fun
Customer Service Representative/Stock Clerk (Former Employee), staten islandFebruary 11, 2015
very nice to place to work, management is good too, the employees and compensation are very good compared to other places
Great straight out fo high school
Retail Specialist/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Danbury, CTFebruary 11, 2015
Great for a recent high school grad. gets you into the working field and interacting with the public and learning how to deal with things.
Big Corporation with a rotating work force
Stocker/Receiver (Former Employee), Bricktown, NJFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: good co-workers, room to advance
Cons: little care for employees, take hard work for granted
I started with this company before it even opened in Brick Town. I helped put it together inside out. My start was as an average associate, but my hard work was recognized and rewarded. Within 6 months I worked my way up to be in charge of Home Fashions and the Receiving Dock. The co-workers were all very pleasant to be around, but the managers changed so often it was hard to get a feel for them. They have a high-school policy of handing out demerits even when they are undeserved. Management pretends to be your friend, but really they only care about how they can move on from this store as it seemed to be their promotional limbo.
productive and fun work place
Tittle Processor (Former Employee), Dayton, OHFebruary 4, 2015
Really enjoyed and looked forward to going to work everyday. As this being my fist job i learned a lot from unloading to stocking the store. Everyone from the managers to employees were really nice and friendly people
Growing pains
Administrative Office (Current Employee), Middleboro, MAJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: friendly co workers
Cons: lack of support, frustrating job
Some upper management are wonderful, employees have good rapport with each other, this and fair pay keep people there. Recent growth and changes have made work unpleasant and support is non existent. Employee retention is not important to this company.
Amazing opportunity
Back room Associate (Former Employee), Downingtown, PAJanuary 30, 2015
Unloaded trucks and processed freight, loved my co-workers and my daily agenda. Help customers and dealt with vendors and carry-out furniture purchases.
Excellent company
Planning Manager (Former Employee), fredericksburg vaJanuary 29, 2015
Loved working here Great district and regional staff. Hours can be demanding when in management 50 hour minimum work weeks. Plenty of opportunity for growth within the company. Job stability. Excellent opportunities for travel within company to visit new and existing stores. Good benefits and pay. Always something new and exciting going on. Very fast paced and high stress environment. Most time is spent on feet doing day to day store activities.
good managment and employees
customer service rep (Former Employee), Bangor, MEJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: good managment
Cons: not enough hours or wages
enjoyable work place with good management and friendly employees. not enough hours to make financial ends meet for a family.
Nice environment/management/coworkers
Cashier (Current Employee), Orange, CTJanuary 20, 2015
I love this employer. They are very fair and keep their word. Everything is run very organized and consistent.

1 2 3 4 5

About Christmas Tree Shop

Bed Bath & Beyond (BBB) has everything you need to play "house" for real. It's the nation's #1 superstore domestics retailer with about – Read more

Christmas Tree Shop Salaries