Christmas Tree Shop Employee Reviews

Hard working and very productive
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJJanuary 25, 2016
clock in and head to the inventory to add items to the store shelves
roll out racks to specific area
clean up the area you worked in
roll racks back to inventory
collectively walk around and help finish co workers area if you finish every
your co-workers became your family
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJJanuary 18, 2016
This Job is a good starter Job but not ideal for those who want to move up in the company. Management was pretty difficult to deal with, one or two out of the many managers and supervisors were actually there to help you. I often heard a lot of gossip walking pass the offices of the managers and I feel as though managers should be more professional then talk about the individuals working for them. My coworkers were the main reason I remained at the job for as long as I did, we in a way became a small family. But like any family, we have a few that just do not fit in. The ones who typically did not fit in was the ones who really were not made for retail customer service, that did the minimum or less of what is asked of them. The hardest part of the job was getting pulled in 3-4 different directions by different managers and supervisors that are all telling you to do different things all while getting stopped by customers to assist them. It was a very hectic and busy job. My personal favorite part of the job was assisting customers so well that they were genuinely grateful for the help you gave them. Many customers treated us better then the managers did. Overall, I would not mind working for this company again, I just hope not every branch is the way my branch is.
Pros
amazing co-workers
Cons
short breaks, no benefits, some of the management team
great place to work for,, good administration
Shipping and recieving (Former Employee) –  Bricktown, NJJanuary 7, 2016
this is a good place to work, sadly "obama", redefined alot of things as far as the forty hour work week. they do not offer full time positions, and really you can't maintain on such a salary.
Pros
fun days, occasional food provided to all staff.
Great Working Environment
Backroom Associate (Current Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLJanuary 7, 2016
- When first starting as an early morning stocker I can honestly say it was a bit difficult getting used to having to wake up at 4am for work. After getting used to that though, it actually isn't too bad. You would be surprised how much energy some of the people here have at that time in the morning.
- The management here is probably the best that I have ever worked for. They like to joke around and try to make work a good experience. When it is time to work they make sure you get the job done right and will always be able to answer any questions you may have. They are also very flexible when it comes to scheduling. If any type of emergency ever comes up they are very willing to make sure you get the time off that you need. In my case, I am also going to college while working here and they are able to work with me and my school schedule to make sure that I can still get enough working hours.
a place to learn and fullfill one self
Full time cashier, front end customer service (Current Employee) –  North Attleboro, MAJanuary 4, 2016
I Thank full for all the people that I work with they have been really good with me , I enjoy working here its a good job and I have learn a lot about customers and retail service
Customer service rep (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJanuary 4, 2016
Very good for young kids waiting for their first job. I loved it and it was a lot of perks. I love the food , free access to the park, employee parties and the extra ticket access.
Pros
free lunches, extra tickets
Cons
seasonal
Fun environment
Customer Service, Cashier, Stocker and Zoner (Former Employee) –  Springfield, NJDecember 29, 2015
The people are fun to work with, the hours are slow at first then they pick up quite well, especially around christmas. Management is hard working and helpful.
It was a productive work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Spring Valley, NYDecember 27, 2015
It was not my favorite job but i learned a lot I had a lot of challenges my time there. the location was excellent I enjoyed my time learning my strengths, overall it was a good experience
Fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYDecember 10, 2015
Everyday was a new experience. The people that I worked with were great. I had fun every day I went to work. Everyone was always helpful, caring, and understanding.
fun
Overnight Stocker (Current Employee) –  Township of Brick, NJDecember 6, 2015
and great people to work with. Always something to do. Managers are friendly and willing to teach you. Small store but very busy.

Want to know more about Christmas Tree Shop?

Ask a question
customers make it a fun place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Middletown, NYDecember 3, 2015
I am a cashier, therefore helping customers with their purchases. at times I also work on the floor, helping customers find items, putting items back on the shelves, keeping the store clean.
Pros
helping customers, co-workers are fun, keeping busy
Cons
other than holiday time, not given many hours for work time
Fun work experience
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Downingtown, PANovember 27, 2015
Management and co-workers made this a great place to work. Plenty of opportunity to learn new areas in store operation.
good people to work with, intimidating managment style
Backroom Associate and Receiver (Former Employee) –  Downingtown, PANovember 26, 2015
I started the job with no retail experience. Was trained with basics as store was opened. After first two weeks it was learn as you go. During the 7 1/2 years there I worked with 6 different managers with the exception of one " superstar" they were all learning on the job as well, they were moved to a position they seemed to know very little about and were micromanaged by corporate managers who managed by intimidation. most coworkers were part-time and wonderful people. Hardest part of the job was training or helping to train new hires and watching a poor manager drive them away. Occasionally a few people stuck it out and became full time associates , the benefits offered are AWESOME, but the abusive management style made it impossible to stay !!!
customer service
customer service desk (Former Employee) –  Windsor Locks, CTNovember 24, 2015
i do not like the company, they treat the employees bad. they don't give state mandated breaks. i wish i could have stayed and grown but they are hard people to work with
Pros
discount
Cons
poor management
Good people I work with.
Customer service Associate/GSA (Current Employee) –  York, PANovember 3, 2015
Average. Good coworkers. Variety of tasks and merchandise available at very reasonable prices. Good pay for the type of business it is.
Pros
Mulitple stores discount
Cons
no healthcare
Don't work for this company
Stocker (Current Employee) –  Hagerstown MD.October 24, 2015
They gave you no training, five managers all telling you to do different things without training,coworkers are rude don't want to help others
Varies
Records Associate (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAOctober 22, 2015
Your experience depends completely on who is managing the store your located in. This is consistent with most retail jobs out there.
great place to work
Backroom Associate (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJOctober 21, 2015
i liked working for christmas tree shops because i worked with nothing but great people. i learned how to label and stock shelves and unload trucks i got great hours while i worked there and they had room to move up.
Pros
great hours
Cons
A nice and friendly place to work.
CSA (Current Employee) –  Erie, PAOctober 15, 2015
I have not worked here long, but I have experienced very friendly and understanding managers and employees. I am only a seasonal temp and have gone in with that understanding. They have a cheerful inclusive culture that I can recommend to anyone. There are no benefits for someone in my position, but I hope that is different for others higher up the ladder.
Pros
Well accounted for breaks, nice managers
Cons
no benefits and no promises of future employment
fun
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Manchester, CTOctober 13, 2015
there was never any overtime and they always had something going wrong with the company or the management there they never had anything arrive on time or nobody did anything right.