Christmas Tree Shop

Christmas Tree Shop Employer Reviews

simple retail job and positive atmosphere
Customer service associate (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: 20% discount on items in the store
Cons: no heath benefits, no employee review, and at times the managers can be a little shady towards seasonal employees
Just enough to keep gas in my tank. its no room here to move up or fully utilize my skills and education. its the typical retail store. being here has further excelled my growth in dealing with the public. the part about this job I enjoy the most is the atmosphere and the coworkers
fun work place
Customer Service Consultant (Former Employee), brick, njFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: not much room for advancemnt
Cons: friendly people
this would be ideal if they pay was better and the hours. I enjoyed working for Christmas Tree Shop, I never felt stressed out, I feel their return policy should be stronger but besides that not a bad place to work.
I loved working for CTS in Rochester, NY not Paramus, NJ so much
customer service associate (Former Employee), rochester, ny and paramus, njFebruary 12, 2015
Good part time job
Low Compensation
Works with schedule
Great management in Rochester
The management in Paramus is not as good
A lot of work for a small paycheck
fun
Customer Service Representative/Stock Clerk (Former Employee), staten islandFebruary 11, 2015
very nice to place to work, management is good too, the employees and compensation are very good compared to other places
Great straight out fo high school
Retail Specialist/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Danbury, CTFebruary 11, 2015
Great for a recent high school grad. gets you into the working field and interacting with the public and learning how to deal with things.
Big Corporation with a rotating work force
Stocker/Receiver (Former Employee), Bricktown, NJFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: good co-workers, room to advance
Cons: little care for employees, take hard work for granted
I started with this company before it even opened in Brick Town. I helped put it together inside out. My start was as an average associate, but my hard work was recognized and rewarded. Within 6 months I worked my way up to be in charge of Home Fashions and the Receiving Dock. The co-workers were all very pleasant to be around, but the managers changed so often it was hard to get a feel for them. They have a high-school policy of handing out demerits even when they are undeserved. Management pretends to be your friend, but really they only care about how they can move on from this store as it seemed to be their promotional limbo.
productive and fun work place
Tittle Processor (Former Employee), Dayton, OHFebruary 4, 2015
Really enjoyed and looked forward to going to work everyday. As this being my fist job i learned a lot from unloading to stocking the store. Everyone from the managers to employees were really nice and friendly people
Growing pains
Administrative Office (Current Employee), Middleboro, MAJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: friendly co workers
Cons: lack of support, frustrating job
Some upper management are wonderful, employees have good rapport with each other, this and fair pay keep people there. Recent growth and changes have made work unpleasant and support is non existent. Employee retention is not important to this company.
Amazing opportunity
Back room Associate (Former Employee), Downingtown, PAJanuary 30, 2015
Unloaded trucks and processed freight, loved my co-workers and my daily agenda. Help customers and dealt with vendors and carry-out furniture purchases.
Excellent company
Planning Manager (Former Employee), fredericksburg vaJanuary 29, 2015
Loved working here Great district and regional staff. Hours can be demanding when in management 50 hour minimum work weeks. Plenty of opportunity for growth within the company. Job stability. Excellent opportunities for travel within company to visit new and existing stores. Good benefits and pay. Always something new and exciting going on. Very fast paced and high stress environment. Most time is spent on feet doing day to day store activities.
good managment and employees
customer service rep (Former Employee), Bangor, MEJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: good managment
Cons: not enough hours or wages
enjoyable work place with good management and friendly employees. not enough hours to make financial ends meet for a family.
Nice environment/management/coworkers
Cashier (Current Employee), Orange, CTJanuary 20, 2015
I love this employer. They are very fair and keep their word. Everything is run very organized and consistent.
great company
Assistant Store Manger (Current Employee), Springfield, NJJanuary 20, 2015
the christmas tree shop is very good company to work and stuff is fun and we all get along with each other and very helpful with the training
Interesting and education workplace
Stock Associate (Former Employee), Dartmouth, MAJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: learning organizational skills
Cons: nothing was ever in its place
typical day was the same mostley everytime handed a stock sheet went into backroom got my ucart and went to designated area and stocked required items, learned good organizational skills, management was always there when we needed help was never afraid or felt insignificant if i needed help, all co-workers, hardest part of the job was when you didnt know where items went or they couldnt match up by price point because when people durring the day shift would mess it up so you had to remove a whole shelf just too add one item to the shelf, the whole job itself was enjoyable the employess the work itself wasent bad at all.
Used to Be A Great Place Work, Now Not So Much
Records Associate (Current Employee), North CarolinaJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: flexible schedules, employee discounts for all bed bath & beyond owned companies
Cons: non-paid lunches, hours will be cut drastically after holiday season, upper management, no bonuses, almost no chances for advancement depending on store, pay is not adequate for amount of work done
I started working for this company back in early 2012 starting out as a floor associate. At that time, Bed Bath & Beyond had owned the company for about 2 years. Anyways, the training was minimum and I basically trained myself or sought help or ways to improve and be more efficient as time went on. For the most part, my co-workers are pretty easy to get along with and my managers are easy going and very competent at their jobs. Customers can be absolutely awful, but that is true for every retail establishment. Lunches are non-paid, but again it is the same thing for almost all retail companies. And the schedule can be very flexible depending on your position.

What really kills it for me is corporate and some of upper management. Starting early in 2014 after some of the new laws got passed in Congress, they cut all hours for part-time associates so that the most hours they are allowed to work each week is 23. Furthermore, prices on some of the better items we carry seemingly increased in price a bit. And the entire company has almost been transformed into a knock-off Bed Bath & Beyond when it comes to items and merchandising in my opinion. Continuing, corporate seemingly will not allow for more positions or new positions to be created in smaller stores. Even though after every time a quarterly report is posted or every time you get on the company website, the company is reporting more revenue or a new store is being opened somewhere. All in all, this has seemed to accomplish nothing but pushing veteran and more competent associates away. And allowing for new and far less experienced associates to take their place in some cases.
A job that surely keeps you busy.
Sales Associate / Customer Service (Former Employee), Paramus, NJJanuary 13, 2015
I enjoyed being a cashier, I like talking to people and helping them out. Customer service is something to be proud of at Christmas Tree Shops. As for the employees themselves, very difficult to create relationships with others.
working the shop
Customer Service Rep, Front End Sup, Cash office (Former Employee), Poughkeepsie, NYJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: two breaks depending on your shift
Cons: no health insurance for part time
This was a very stressful job due to the lack of employees to help complete desired task and the consistent pressure from management to over extend yourself. It was however a rewarding job that taught me my limits as an associate and person. I learned to deal with many types of individuals and grew as a person.
Very fast and fun work envirement
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Springfield, NJJanuary 8, 2015
Typical day at work includes customer service, re arranging the store, moving fixtures, down stocking, and store orders.
I learned how to merchandise the Christmas tree shop. My associates were wonderful. There was no real hard part of the job, it needed to be done so i did it. The most enjoyable part of the job was stepping back after a change over and looking at the finished product.
PRODUCTIVE
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), White Plains, NYJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
MY DAYS VARIES AT CHRISTMAS TREE SHOPS. MY JOB ON A DAILY BASIS INCLUDES WORKING WITH A TEAM. I WORK IN THE RECEIVING AND STOCK ROOM WHERE WE RECEIVE OUR DELIVERY TRUCKS. I MOSTLY FILL OUT THE PAPER WORK TO GET THE TRUCK UNLOADED. I ASSIST WITH BUILDING CAGES AND OTHER FIXTURES TO DISPLAY MERCHANDISES ON THE SALES FLOOR. I ALSO RECEIVE DELIVERIES FROM UPS, FED-EX AND OTHER VENDORS CHECKING INTO OUR STORE. EACH DAY DIFFERS EVEN THOUGH MY TITLE STATES THAT I WORK IN THE RECEIVING AREA I DO OTHER JOB POSITIONS WHICH INCLUDES; WORKING AS A CASHIER AND A CUSTOMER SERVICE COORDINATOR. I POSSES A VERY HECTIC JOB TITLE BUT AT THE END OF THE DAY MYSELF AND MY TEAM GET THE JOB DONE. I CONSIDER MY CO-WORKERS TO BE MY SECOND FAMILY ESPECIALLY THE TEAM I WORK WITH, WHENEVER THINGS DOESN'T GO SMOOTH WE COULD HAVE DISCUSSIONS LAUGH ABOUT AND BE RIGHT BACK AND TRACK. I LIKE WHAT I DO, I AM A WILLING INDIVIDUAL WHO SEES MYSELF DOING A LOT MORE AND GROWING IN A VERY DYNAMIC ORGANIZATION.
overall
Harmon Health and Beauty associate - seasonal (Former Employee), Rochester, NYJanuary 4, 2015
Overall working for this company was a fun and productive experience. They are in some ways pretty accommodating to the needs of their employees and their work schedules. They treat their staff to pizza parties sometimes. Catered lunches. They show appreciation for their employees, recognizing hard work and dedication.

1 2 3 4 5

About Christmas Tree Shop

Bed Bath & Beyond (BBB) has everything you need to play "house" for real. It's the nation's #1 superstore domestics retailer with about – Read more