Christmas Tree Shops Employee Reviews

Work was good
Over night stocker (Former Employee) –  Augusta, MEJanuary 20, 2018
I liked working there. I had no problem there. I worked when they wanted me to. The crew was good. I had fun there. I stocked anything they wanted me to.
cant say anything good
Receiving Co-worker (Former Employee) –  Middleboro, MAJanuary 17, 2018
So as a seasonal temp. I came into this job hoping to work hard and maybe make it a normal job to find out they treat you like slaves and come home everyday cover in black dust and almost always feeling sick. and management did not try to make working better for us just harder.
Pros
n/a
Cons
sick often from work conditions
Nice work environment, Poor management
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Holyoke, MAJanuary 17, 2018
I enjoyed working at Christmas Tree Shops, with the exception of one manager that I didn't get along with. I ended up quitting after being with the company for a little more than a year.
Pros
Work Schedule, Hours, Environment.
Cons
Management, Policies
Great place to work alomgside others and be part of a team.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYJanuary 9, 2018
My experience was a very positive one at Christmas Tree Shops. I worked in customer service while I was there and I made very good friends with the entire management team and my fellow coworkers. I only wish there were more opportunities for career advancement for someone who was in my shoes.
Pros
Flexible Schedules
Cons
Stressful Holiday Environment
managment
Planning Manager (Former Employee) –  Miamisburg, OHJanuary 3, 2018
Walking the sales floor to check merchandise to make sure it was displayed and priced correctly. Make sure all employees had all they needed before their shift began. Walked back of store stock area and made sure merchandise is being processed and ready to be put out on floor. Order merchandise, set up displays and plan-a-grams.
Big Box Store
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Holyoke, MADecember 28, 2017
The company is very limited to where you can advance to hours are limited and no rhyme or reason to how hours are allocated. Stuck working extensive lines with no relief in site and Customers are not very enjoyable work in limited space and expected to perform multiple tasks on a regular basis
Christmas Tree Shops
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Augusta, MEDecember 27, 2017
I was a seasonal worker for the Christmas 2017 Season. I worked between 4 and 7 hours per shift normally. The culture was fast paced during the holiday season, especially on weekends, but I really liked the people that I worked with. In addition to working the register, I also stocked shelves and worked with customers.
Pros
I like retail and the customers
Cons
Seasonal work
very fast paced
Cashier, Sales (Former Employee) –  Henrietta, NYDecember 26, 2017
very fast paced cluttered and people everywhere crazy the people were nice but the training was not very good i feel as though they need longer training periods
fun place to work
Seasonal Cashier (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYDecember 21, 2017
had a great time working for the company the people are very friendly and helpful training was great. fact paste environment. love working for them it was only seasonal I work for the company m=any times during the holiday season and the enjoyed it for many years excellent company to work for
Pros
great discount
Cons
seasonal postion
No Good
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Holyoke, MADecember 21, 2017
the managers never helped. they always just sat in their offices on their phones or doing something that was not productive. never got out on time and never paid to stay late.
Good Place if you are desperate.
Stocker/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Avon, MADecember 19, 2017
I would not recommend this job to anyone hoping for advancement. Cut-throat business that will take advantage of your time, mind, body, and soul. They will also keep you right under the amount needed for you to meet the requirements for benefits.
Good for quick cash
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Waldorf, MDDecember 10, 2017
Overall I would say that this is a good company to work for in terms of making Quick Cash during the holiday season. Personally I would not work here full-time due to the low pay and the long hours. I do not like the fact that every time we get paid which is supposed to be every Thursday I have to pick up a check because they refuse to give me my direct deposit, ask this is very inconvenient when I have it in my head that I will be receiving direct deposit at 12 a.m. Thursday morning, but instead receiving my pay at night on a Thursday. Employee should not have to keep running up to the store to get their pay just because that is the only option that this store at this current location currently has. I have spoken to the manager about receiving direct deposit hence I have given them a voided check as well as my bank information, and have yet to have received direct deposit ever and I have been working at this current location for 2 months. That is my main issue with this store overall it's not a bad place some of the other employees are nice. Overall I would say make this store at this particular location something you do seasonal if you're not looking for a low pay and a check.
Pros
Quick money
Cons
No direct deposit
Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PADecember 5, 2017
Good character between all employees. Every one is easy to get along with. Can be flexible with hours no OT unless approved. Holiday season is great time to work many hours.
fun work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  North Babylon, NYDecember 3, 2017
i had a great time working there with co workers and it was a good way to gain exprince working im sad i had to leave them but im looking to expand my life in work
Pros
lunch
Fast pace to meet demand of customers
Receiver (Current Employee) –  Natick, MADecember 1, 2017
Fast pace unloading several trucks a week and processing several boxes of product a day to please the customers. It is a revolving door of help the pay is low they do not pay you what you are worth.
Truly Great People
Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DENovember 28, 2017
I liked working there ( Chrisrmas Tree Shops of Brandywine ) but unfortunately I had to attend family matters we have no control over life and death it really was fun working with a good group of people.
Pros
great discounts
Cons
decent breaks
fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mays Landing, NJNovember 25, 2017
a typical day is pretty much like any other retail store, dealing with the customers and there are some customers that will certainly get on your nerves but that what customer service is all about you have to just let it go and continue on what you were doing.
Pros
a lot of parties
Cons
No food bar
good work conditions
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Mays Landing, NJNovember 21, 2017
I've enjoyed working there, fun people to work with. New manager has different views on how managers should do things, used to manager working with you, not so much now.
Pros
20% discount on everything
Cons
new manager, not so accommodating
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYNovember 20, 2017
A typical day working at the Christmas Tree Shop was very interesting. I was originally working in the health and beauty department, and then later on trained as a cashier. The workplace culture was very positive, and encouraging.
Great for extra cash but only at xmas time Professional company!
Xmas cashier (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCNovember 16, 2017
Loved working here part time xmas cashier! Their cashier managers were very helpful and professional. During xmas rush everyone was helpful to keep things running like clockwork as best they could. Great little job for extra cash and real easy work! Store manager and Managment team the best I've ever seen!
Pros
PT cashier pay was decent! Smart hiring team.
Cons
Not many hours after xmas

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Christmas Tree Shops. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9