Christmas Tree Shops

Christmas Tree Shops Employee Reviews

Productive hands on place to work
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Orange ct.February 15, 2017
What I loved most about Christmas tree shop was it's open door policy the management team were very excellent and to top it off very festive place to work during the holidays
Great work enviroment
Night Stocker (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEFebruary 15, 2017
Working overnight was fun and very relaxing. I would come in and get straight to work after the supervisor does a group meeting and hand out assignments. I learned to use a scanner in which we had to scan each cart that was worked on. Management was awesome they are very understanding about inside and outside issues. The most part I enjoyed about the job was being able to work by myself on my own projects.
Pros
Great Staff and the pay rate
Csc
Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mishawaka, INFebruary 14, 2017
As a Customer Service Coordinator I was responsible for assigning cashiers to station, delegate cashiers to assigned breaks and positions, prepare money drops, handle returns, and prepare sales floors, receiving, stocking and the ability to perform other positions duties as needed.
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
Its okay
Backroom Associate (Former Employee) –  Manchester, CTFebruary 14, 2017
Good work environment ,safe , organized . Good for beginners , everyone is helpful and informative. Management is well organized. A good discount on home goods products.
Pros
Easy work place
Cons
Same tasks everyday, no challenge
I had so much fun work for Christmas Tree Shops.I loved the group of people i worked with they was the nice people to work with it's about teamwork.
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLFebruary 13, 2017
I would help out by ask what new items came in and we will put it on the shelves. We will fine new ways to put up new items and decorate thee store so the customers can see the you stuff that came in. for that week.The management would be right there with us and we all have fun working together.When a customer comes in the store and they seen and item and we are sold out. when i can help out a customer that is looking for and item, and they can not fine it so i fine it for them and is a good day for me.
Okay for part time work.
Front End Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Shrewsbury, MAFebruary 12, 2017
It can be fun but a lot of pressure from management to perform well beyond the required work load. Discount makes it worth it.
nice,friendly coworkers
"Point of Service Customer Representative " (Current Employee) –  Mays Landing, NJFebruary 11, 2017
It was fun and fast paced, good part time job overall, management was down to earth , worked with you on scheduling, I was working full-time and going to school, thorough training on store procedures
Pros
parties
Cons
no benefits
Fun to work at
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLFebruary 10, 2017
This place is amazing but the one i currently work at doesnt have full-time and having only 2 days a week for work is hard when its only 4-5 hours a day. but everyone here is wonderful. Ive worked here almost 2 years.
Pros
fun people, family atmesosphere
Cons
no full-time, short work hours
Backroom Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lynnfield, MAFebruary 7, 2017
Working in the back room is demanding but keeps you in great shape. Its easy to work either first second or third shift as the store is staffed 24 hours a day.
Fun
Seasonal Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MEFebruary 6, 2017
This is such a great place to work the atmosphere is encouraging and inviting. I get to work with all kinds of different types of customers and be a part of a team that seems to love what they do.
It pays good but the hours suck
Overnight Stocker (Current Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYFebruary 6, 2017
A typical day is usually allot of work but its pretty easy work. I didn't really learn much. You have to be full time if you really want to have allot of hours.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
low hours
Terrible Place to Work
Records Administrator (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYJanuary 30, 2017
This job started off decent, then became the bane of my existence. I began as a CSA, a customer sales associate, and then worked in the Records office for a while maintaining the daily signage. It was not even necessarily the work part that was especially terrible, but the way the employees were looked at by the company. The company didn't give a hoot about their employees, they were just numbers to them... Little cogs in the machine. The expectations there were unrealistic, and there was always a sense of stress in the air as you walked into the place. I decided to quit when the very thought of working there any longer made me want to scream.
ok place to work
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Springfield, PAJanuary 24, 2017
no advancement, poor district leadership, good employee policies, no mentorship programs, limited flexibility. This company if revamped could be absolutely great
Decent Workplace, good staff.
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAJanuary 23, 2017
I actually did like this workplace. Even though it was a part time job, I did enjoy it for the most part. Unfortunately, due to a non work related injury; I lost the ability to continue working there, for it was my second job. I decided to hold on to the other job because it had more hours than this one.
Pros
Back Braces for heavy lifting, clean work environment
Cons
The music they played...
Very repetitive work.
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Sommerville, MAJanuary 21, 2017
My position while I was there was titled, backroom stock. The typical work day consisted of unpacking merchandise, pricing the item and making sure it was put in the correct place to be stocked out on the shelves. That took up most of your work day, but we also made sure the store was kept in good condition by stocking empty shelves, keeping the merchandise front faced and providing help to any customer in need of finding what they needed. One to two times a week you receive the delivery trucks. On those days you had to work in a fast pace and make sure you read the right product numbers in order to put the items in the sections they belonged. Also assisted some customers who purchased large items, furniture etc, bring the item/s out to their car. It wasn't the best job for me, I'm not the type to be into how repetitive the job was. I felt that was the worst part, the only thing I can think to compare it to is like working on an assembly line. Doing the same thing day in and day out. As well as the compensation. The pay wasn't the best, but it would not have been as bad if they gave you more hours. During the summer time its not as busy as around Christmas, sometimes you would check the schedule and realize you only had 15 hours scheduled for that week with no warning.
Pros
Easy work, Wonderful supervisors
Cons
low pay, minimum hours, repetitive work
Seasonal/Part time (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJanuary 20, 2017
i learned a lot i never knew how to work a register and i learn within two days because am a fast learner and i had no type of customer service or retail experience
Productive workplace but not great hours
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAJanuary 19, 2017
Love the people and the environment however the hours constantly get cut, and that is not great. I wish there was more opportunity here.
Pros
fun people and environment
Cons
Not consistent hours and hours constantly getting cut
Dry and boring, does not pay well
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYJanuary 18, 2017
This is a dry company to work for and they basically don't even pay; however, it was one of the easiest jobs I have ever had. Make sure you have another job as they don't give much hours out and they WILL fire you if you accumulate too many emergency days. This is not a job you can fool around at because they are fire happy; however, due to the fact that there is not much for you to do (assuming that you are a cashier) you should not have any issues.
Fun workplace
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJanuary 18, 2017
Wonderful people, great training techniques, the supervisors are very helpful and understanding. The co-workers I had were great people and the store overall just has a good positive vibe that made me feel good about working for this company.
Love The Shops!
Records, Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, NYJanuary 17, 2017
I, personally, loved working at The Christmas Tree Shops. I liked that customers did not shop there because they had to, but rather because they wanted to. Nothing at the Christmas Tree Shops is a necessity. People go in there to buy things like knick knacks, decorations, pool toys, etc. The environment was always very pleasant and optimistic. I would recommend this job to anyone.
Pros
Happy Customers, Discount
Cons
Raises were not great

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Christmas Tree Shops. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9