Christopher & Banks Employee Reviews

Negative place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  State College, PASeptember 12, 2017
Company was negative from the top down. Expectations from district regarding sales were not in line with our volume, district set unattainable goals and no feedback as to how to achieve them. The only "feedback" we received as a team from district was direct write-ups when sales goals weren't met. Assistant managers were cut down to part-time (>20 hours per week) with no benefits so turnover is high.
this was a part-time temporay position
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Watertown, NYSeptember 2, 2017
the main thing that I did not like at Christopher and Banks was the fact that I worked alone, leaving the mall at 10 pm at night alone is a scary thing. Other than that I enjoyed my position.
Productive and fun work place
Stockroom Manager (Former Employee) –  Branson, MOAugust 28, 2017
Typical day of work was processing and putting out as much freight as possible on a daily basis, restocking the store on the daily.
Things were always fun but we always got our work done
Even tho it was a temp job i enjoyed it.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Boardman, OHAugust 22, 2017
Christopher & Banks was a great place to work. Very nice staff. Kind of a slow place environment. Pay was good. Not a strenuous job. Stayed busy at all times.
Wonderful customers, excellent manager & pleasant.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Durango, COAugust 22, 2017
I have worked at this company for many years off and on. The management is wonderful and that's why I keep coming back! It's a great job to have part time as well.
Pros
Employees received %50 off the mercandise.
Cons
Not enough pay.
Not a very memorable place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Carbondale, ILAugust 7, 2017
The typical customer service workplace in retail. Not a very memorable job. Dealing with a lot of middle class women. Not a very retail store, maybe based on the location were I worked.
stressfull roller coaster, with a lot of highs and lows.
Part-time Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Heath, OH 43056August 7, 2017
A typical day would be like a roller coaster ride. One minuet you are busy and the next no so much. Management changed often and was hard to adjust to
Pros
Great emplyee discount
Cons
Job required you to get credit sign ups, when no one wanted them.
Adequate
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COAugust 4, 2017
Merchandise is high quality and very appealing to the customer. Plenty of merchandise, well merchandised. The store was well staffed and well trained. Adding more information
Pros
Good merchandise
Cons
Merchandise higher priced
very peaceful environment to work in
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLAugust 1, 2017
As a former employee at Christopher & Banks I enjoyed working there for the short period of time in which I did. It was a seasonal job that was offered top me in order to gain experience with customers. I enjoyed going to work whenever I was scheduled, the manager was very understanding, very kind, and also gave me permission to list her as a reference on my other job applications. However, I wish I had gotten a few more hours as I would only work four or five hours per day.
Pros
discounts on items in the store
Cons
very few working hours
friendly atmosphere
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  South Hills, PAAugust 1, 2017
My fellow coworkers are great people and we work well together.
The clothes are a great value with quality. Many customers say
this is there favorite store.

The hardest part of the job is straightening at the close of the evening but if you keep on top of it during your shift it makes it a lot easier.

One thing that is very difficult is dealing with is the slow computer cashwrap. If one coworker is looking up something on the on-line store for a customer it takes minutes & holds up both registers. Some customers have complained but it seems the upper management does not help to get an updated software system that can help this..
Pros
Dependng on the Manager on that shift, she will extend the breaks to have enough time to go to food court & eat.
Cons
Short breaks and sometime I don't get them
Retail Management
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Burlington, VTJuly 29, 2017
C&B has great customers and they have a nice variety of styles for women from 20 yrs old and up. The upper Management that I work with directly are great. They give feedback as needed and are supportive. We are all in it together and it takes a TEAM to succeed.
Pros
Great customers, quality merchandise, good DM and RM
Cons
No payrolls hours to do everything, lack of compensation
review
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 19, 2017
Customer service,freight and merchandising are the typical work in a day.
Management does 97% of the work
Typical retail environment
Balancing customer service and sales with all the extra work corporate randomly send during everyday
Our customers
Pros
Great discounts
Cons
Unrealistic time tables
The enviroment is great to work in - it's a real team
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Grandville, MI 49418July 18, 2017
I love working here. I wish the pay was better but both the customers and employees are top rate. I can't remember very many bad days working here, I look forward to my shifts,
Great retail environment
Part-time Management and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  La Crosse, WIJuly 9, 2017
Enjoyable work environment, amazing styles and knowledgeable management staff. Always enjoyed going to work. The benefits were also exceptional compared to many retail positions
assistant manager
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJuly 8, 2017
The environment was very fair and productive and fun. we learned a lot about sales and keeping up the store and banking and finance. The bosses were fair and fun to work with.
Pros
lots of pros
Cons
no fair raises
Like fashion and helping others
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Plover, WIJuly 2, 2017
I enjoyed the job as assistant manager however had to work every weekend. Management was fine however CEO changed 7 times in 7 years. Enjoyable part of job was fashion and am a people person
Pros
customer care
Cons
Not real well organized at time
A stressfull place to work because of corporate demands
Former Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  IllinoisJune 22, 2017
Part time employees(assistant managers & sales associates) are not valued, taken advantage of & talked about behind their back.
Too many sale changes, some with last minute notice to where the manager working cannot get the whole list of closing duties finished, let alone assist customers. Customers have stated they enjoy the former markdown racks.
Pros
Great Customers
Cons
Short breaks
Decent place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Mission, KS 66205June 18, 2017
I have worked for this company off & on at various retail locations as an Assistant Manager over the course of about 10 years. It is a relaxed, pleasant but professional atmosphere with a flexible schedule. It was usually not a problem to arrange schedules around individual needs. Pay was fair for the work, employees got a very generous in-store merchandise discount, and the job was not stressful. Teamwork and camaraderie were the norm, and customers were treated as welcomed friends. With the exception of my last manager, all managers were professional and easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job was closing at night and having to re-open the next morning (just time to sleep in between), and also customers who were deliberately antagonistic or rude. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with staff and customers and being able to meet their needs and see them leave happy.
Pros
Flexible schedule, fair pay, hour long lunch, generous discounts
Cons
Retail hours on feet all day
Loved working here
Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Horseheads, NYJune 14, 2017
I loved my supervisor, loved our customers, the staff was great and worked together as a team. We enjoyed our day at work, floor moves were tiring and that was probably the worst part.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Not enough hours
This is a very good place to work.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Cranberry, PAJune 9, 2017
Working here is fun. The staff is very supportive and caring. We are truly a team. This review is ridiculous! It is a part-time job that has no impact in my profile. I have a Master's Degree in Education. This is just a fun, part-time job.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Salary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Christopher & Banks. Our community is ready to answer.