Christopher & Banks

Christopher & Banks Employer Reviews

Enjoyed working with the public
Retail Sales Clerk - part-time (Former Employee), Peru, ILJuly 26, 2014
Pros: helping customers
Cons: drive was 45 minutes for me
I worked closely with the public and found it to be enjoyable.
No one is happy
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), NHJuly 22, 2014
Pros: discount on clothes
Cons: poor corporate management right down the line
People are not valued.
Corporate culture is one of desperation.
Poor pay so most managers are not that qualified or experienced.
Constant reminder that business is down, so were expected to do more work with less help, fewer hours.
Wanted us to find and bring in customers on our own time.
Directives change all the time, and at last minute, so can not – more... plan to have more help when needed.
Little planning ahead or communication to that effect.
The only one who is full time, now, is the Manager.
They will not hire anyone with enough hours to receive benefits.
Company orders us to call all our customers from the store almost every month. The customers don't like this.
Micro management is the norm.
So many contests that are not fair, and geared to larger stores
Poor choices from the company translate to fewer sales, but the blame is always put on the Store Associates which Leaves everyone feeling as though they can never do enough right. – less
Great Company to be apart of
Store Manager (Current Employee), Plano, TXJuly 18, 2014
Pros: great upper management
This company has a great family atmosphere, wonderful management and fantastic clothing Brand.
Fun place to work and make some great freindships
Assistant Manager/Manager (Former Employee), Jackson, MIJune 19, 2014
Pros: fun place to work and shop.
Cons: they have dowend size their company .
I loved to help women shop and build thier wardrobes and have made many of long lasting freindships to this day. I learned that women come in all shapes and sizes and what works the best for many different figures. I had many of great co-workers and it was great time in my life that I will never forget.
Retail was not for me!
Assistant Manager/Sales Associate (Former Employee), State College, PAJune 8, 2014
Although I was an assistant manager for a short time, I disliked the retail business altogether. If you do not come from a higher class background, this is NOT the job for you.
Great people to work with! Fun place to work as well!
Part-time Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Layton, UTJune 2, 2014
Pros: great employee discount
Cons: no opportunity for medical benefits for part-time employees
One of the best things about working at Christopher and Banks are the customers. The women who shop there love the clothes, so they make selling easy. It is a great feeling be able to help a woman find an outfit they love, or something they need.
Most days I work the cash register --- I'm one of the fastest cashiers. I usually work nights, so I'm responsible – more... for counting the registers and making sure the store is ready to open the next morning. The people I work with are great! We have fun together. I have learned a lot about clothes from them.
The hardest part is convincing customers to apply for a store credit card. I personally don't like having many credit cards or being in debt, and most of our customers feel the same way. Nevertheless, I ask every customer who doesn't already have one to apply for it by selling the cards benefits. If they love the store, they'll get one. – less
Great group of women!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Saint Charles, ILMay 28, 2014
Pros: loved the women i worked with and the customers that shopped at the store.
Cons: store closed
Management was wonderful and the women I worked with were such a joy. The atmosphere at the store was one of customer service first. I truly enjoyed having a completely satisfied customer leave the store. The employees helped one and other and truly enjoyed each others' company.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Rochester, NYMay 19, 2014
Loved everything thing about it. From the people to the clothes. Great job...
Fun and a productive work place
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Adrian, MIApril 13, 2014
I enjoyed my customers very much and working with various age groups. I love clothes and fashion so I felt very at home here.
fun work space
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Bluefield, WVApril 12, 2014
Pros: flexible
Cons: healthcare
I rang up customers clothing they were purchasing at the register, I helped women find cloths that fit there body structure through out the store. My co workers and i looked forward to changing the manikins as the weather changes and holidays. I learn't that there will be days I may not make a sale, but instead of being discouraged, I will do my best – more... and then make up for it during the following weeks. There's good days and not so good days in any job. – less
Big retail company with small company feel
Personal Shopper (Former Employee), Morgantown, WVJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: great management
Cons: few hours
I worked at Christopher & Banks while completing my final semesters of college. My job entailed assisting the customers, cleaning, restocking, making sales phone calls and running the cash register. The most enjoyable part of my job was by far the people I worked with. I was a college student a couple hundred miles from my family and the ladies I worked – more... with came to feel like my adoptive family. The hardest part of my job was just managing my time at work with my school schedule. The final semesters of my college career were by far my most difficult; learning how to juggle my work schedule and how to focus on work while I was there was my biggest challenge. I will always be appreciative of Christopher & Banks and my managers for always working with me to make my schedule fit with my school work. – less
Always a fun place to be.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Springfield, MAJanuary 22, 2014
we make sure all our customers are satisfied and happy with their purchase.
Great People and Products
Full time assistant Manager and Credit Captain (Current Employee), Portage, MINovember 18, 2013
Pros: discount, great coworkers
Cons: lack of a break, location, no room for advancement
I loved being a part of a team here. We have a really diverse group that feeds well off each other and plays on each others strengths. The customers are as varied as the employees so everyday is like visiting with another friend. I love that they are always encouraging us to do whatever is right to make the customer happy and we are empowered to be – more... able to do that ourselves. – less
Typical women's clothing store
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee), Lynnwood, WAOctober 4, 2013
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
different days different tasks
learned how some people can be so devious
management was deplorable
Loved working there
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Spokane Valley, WASeptember 4, 2013
Pros: discounts
Cons: i worked a lot of over time
Scheduling the employees, doing freight between customer service. Customer service was the number 1 thing for the company. Loved working with people. Hardest part of any manager is firing employees.
Very busy retail setting
Sales Floor Supervisor (Former Employee), Dartmouth, MAAugust 30, 2013
I loved working at Christopher & Banks. It was fun and exciting. We worked with customers helping them purchase clothes and accessories.
Nice, small store, feel appreciated
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Victor, NYAugust 23, 2013
Nice, small store, feel appreciated. Good rapport with coworkers. Nice customers.
This position required patience.
Part-time Sales Associate (Former Employee), Tuscola, ILAugust 22, 2013
Pros: the customers
Cons: the management
I truly enjoyed meeting the customers and serving their needs. The management was lacking in training and skills and there was a big turn-over in employees.

I left this position because I found a part-time position literally three blocks from my home.
Great Job, Great Benefits
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEAugust 1, 2013
Pros: stablity
Cons: long hours
Great Job security.Great benefits. Great Job for entry level management.
My Fun Job!
Personal Shopper (Current Employee), Peoria, ILJune 23, 2013
Pros: employee discount to purchase new clothes!
Cons: low amount of hours.
I have often referred to Christopher and Banks as my fun job. I thoroughly enjoy the employees I work with and I very much enjoy the client contact on a daily basis. Working with customers and making them happy is so rewarding.

About Christopher & Banks

Christopher & Banks Corporation is a Minneapolis-based company that specializes in women’s apparel. We were founded – Read more