Christopher & Banks Employee Reviews

Loved my opportunities
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 6, 2017
Opportunity for growth... develop teams... building friendships with amazing customers. Amazing product, that last a long time. Great items to go from the office to a night out!
retail sales
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Buford, GAFebruary 28, 2017
this is a women's clothing store similar to a boutique. It is located within the mall so there is alot of foot traffic. We had a great group of ladies that worked there so there was little drama.
Mature and professional environment
Sales Associate / Starting Date (Former Employee) –  Tilton, NHFebruary 23, 2017
The best part of working here was the managerial staff, I adored my bosses. The environment was serious, yet, enjoyable. Professional. Understanding of my scheduling and time off was respected, as was my personal feelings to matters. Nothing but good things to say.
Cons
Slow hours unfortunately
Great place to work, wonderful customers, beautiful clothes.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Gratiot, MIFebruary 14, 2017
Working at Christopher & Banks was a fun journey. I got to meet new people every day and get to know my regular customers on a personal level. It was always fun to help a customer that was unsure of herself and have her leave feeling like the most beautiful woman in the world. This job was very rewarding. The hardest part was helping an older woman pick out her outfit for her funeral. I will never forget the tears and laughter we had that day.

Management changed many times during my time with Christopher & Banks. As with any company, there is always a period of adjustment. But changes can be an asset and accelerate growth in a company. I learned new things from every Regional Manager that I had: visual merchandising, interviewing potential employees, recruiting and new ideas for customer service.

Overall, it was an excellent place to work and I enjoyed spending time with my wonderful customers.
Productive and fun workplace
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Garden City, KSFebruary 12, 2017
The hardest part of the job was being trained when we had to redo the new register system. The atmosphere was a slow paced store.
I learned how to dress and colorize mannequins. Design signage and window displays.
Pros
Good employee discount
Cons
no raises in 2 years, no full time hours were available
Good job with insurance and decent pay.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHFebruary 7, 2017
Typical day at work is peaceful, a few challenges, some opportunities
for advancement. This would be a great job to have still, but corporate office closed the location I was working at.
Pros
Creativity encouraged, ideas accepted.
Cons
Some managers were harder than others.
Love my work family
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, WVFebruary 2, 2017
fun place to work and interact with women of different opinions. management is amazing. very fast paced work environment.
The customers were amazing!
Acting Store Manager / FT Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WAJanuary 29, 2017
I loved how the customers treated you like family! I had a great DM also who helped me grow with in the company! Visuals were easy to follow but markdowns were done with a pen, which took forever! Never provided enough hours with long shift and very little breaks.
Fast pace work and extremely rewarding.
PT Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, TNJanuary 18, 2017
I love the customers and being able to help them. Being able to help a lady find the perfect outfit for a special occasion is so awesome. The contests are fun and easy to win if you are dedicated to your job. Working up in the company is difficult as there are only two full time positions in most stores.
loved my coworkers and clients
Personal Shopper (Current Employee) –  Maple Grove,and Coon Rapids MNJanuary 16, 2017
As you know, working in retail is low pay. I did love my coworkers who I have become very good friends with. I developed a clientel that came to the store and asked to shop with me.

I love working with people and assisting them reach a higher self esteem for themselves and looking good in the clothes I picked out for them did that.
Pros
people
Cons
pay

Want to know more about Christopher & Banks?

Ask a question
Outstanding
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTJanuary 12, 2017
When I worded here C & Banks was a very pleasant and profession atmosphere to work in. In the time of my lose there was plenty of support and love to go around.
Pros
great company
Cons
non
great place to work
Assistant Manager/Sales (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIDecember 31, 2016
typical day was to greet and service all costumers. Then in between customers would work on displays, freight, keeping up a safe and clean environment.
Pros
discount
Cons
some days could be 12 hours
Disappointing work envionment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Troutdale, ORDecember 27, 2016
Store credit cards had to be pushed intensely. Upper management didn't get involve when they should have. Medical leave was authorized but store manager threatened my job if I didn't return sooner that doctor stated. Store manager would target customers that we would have to follow around but not allowed to assist in helping. Store manager didn't have to follow company guidelines as for hours and/or holiday schedule. The return customers were always a joy to work with and loved to volunteer for the fashion shows
Pros
I loved working with the part-time employees and return customers
Great People
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTDecember 22, 2016
I loved working at C&B!! Loved my manager and DM. All if the people I worked with were top notch! Helping guest find clothing needs and the best look for them was so much fun.
Pros
Great Manager
Cons
not enough hours
retail
Asst. Manager/Keyholder Belden Village Mall (Former Employee) –  N Canton, OHDecember 20, 2016
Clothing store for older women. Nice store, but caters only to older women. There is a need to add styles for the twentysomethings.
Pros
fun
Cons
late night
Happy Place to be
Sales Associate / Key holder (Current Employee) –  Wooster, OHDecember 16, 2016
I enjoy working with people. I used to own my own shop. I enjoy working with the public. If you like change you will have fun seeing all the new fashions coming into the store during the week. C&B is about fashion and friends.
Fun Work place
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IADecember 13, 2016
This was a very fun job helping customers find what they wanted or needed. I liked learning how to run the register. We had a team that was very good to work with they were a lot of fun.
Professional work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WANovember 16, 2016
Good work place for first timers learning how to do sizing for example, petite to womens
Amazoning Customer Service
Always having positive attitude
Treating customers like our own friends and family
Challenging but stimulating work environment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Muncie, INNovember 12, 2016
Working for this company is challenging. An eye for detail and thoroughness is a must. Management must know how to delegate to each other and part-time associates. A cohesive team can be very successful. Customers love coming in. The company does have a high standard for customer service and store environment, and it can be a lot to keep up with sometimes. However, it is an accomplished feeling knowing you were part of a successful sale, fashion event, holiday donation drive, etc.
Productive fast paced reliable work place
Part Time Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Fairview Heights, ILNovember 10, 2016
You're working with older clientele, at least 45 & older. A lot of the customers there wants that one on one time & wants your honest opinion. You have the same people come jn to shop at least twice a week depending on the sale. They like to know your name so they can build that relationship with you.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Christopher & Banks. Our community is ready to answer.