CHRISTOPHER HOUSE Employee Reviews in United States

Great staff
ESL Tutor/Intern (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 14, 2015
The staff is great and very friendly. The supervisors are also very professional and willing to help the volunteers in any way. There is also an abundance of resources for the tutors to help educate the students. The only con I experienced is that there is sometimes no clear communication about the students' needs or progress.
Pros
Friendly staff, numerous resources, multiple locations, experienced instructors.
Cons
Short volunteer hours, miscommunication between instructor and student.
A very giving and loving company
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 25, 2015
This may very well be my most favorite company to work for. I loved everyone there and everything they did for the homeless, families and individuals in need of emergency help with rent/mortgage, senior citizens, teen moms and the community.

I worked as in accounts receivables, but I also helped with feeding those that were in need of a meal and the senior citizens. I also volunteered to assist in the adopt-a-family program for Christmas.

This was the most rewarding experience of my life. I was fortunate enough to obtain a position here through the work study program in college.

I have absolutely no complaints about the work, location, coworkers, etc. This is a super great company to work for and work with.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
It was a very important facility in this town.
Activity Director/Care Giver (Former Employee) –  Wenatchee, WAMay 17, 2015
When I would get to work I would proceed to read the progress notes from the former shift. Then speak to the people who had th former shift and see what had been happening through their shift. I learned how to be a care giver and work with the residents that lived there. We had residents that were mentally and physically adults living there. I was also in charge of all the activities for the residents at the facility. The hardest part was when one of our residents were to pass away. As I would get very close to them .
productive workplace
childcare provider (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 2, 2014
I love working with children! I have a great deal of experience working with children! I have one and half year old boy and 8 year old boy, therefore I also know the ins and outs of providing for my children and your children.
Teacher As (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 29, 2014
Good place to work with families of all culture backgrounds.
Good
LPN - IV Certified (Current Employee) –  Wheat Ridge, COSeptember 21, 2014
I will do this at a later date. I prefer to do this at a later date.
A great expierence
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 14, 2014
A very happy and caring place. The management of the school was excellent.I enjoyed working with the teachers and children.
Fast-pace, culturally diveres early head start center
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago IL,August 5, 2014
Great place to work, great place to grow & refine skills as an early educator.
Not a good place to work
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Wheat Ridge, COMay 23, 2014
Poor management style
Co-workers not team players
Learned nothing
Deep cleaning rooms hard
Enjoyed the company of the Resident's
Stressful environment
Pros
enjoyed the company of the elderly
Cons
work was too hard
Good place to be a speech clinician
Speech Extern (Former Employee) –  Wheat Ridge, COMarch 25, 2014
Good place to be a speech clinician and great students to provide therapy to while learning and receiving constructive criticism.
Pros
nice staff
Cons
n/a
Love The Chistopher House!
LPN (Formerly a CNA) (Current Employee) –  Wheat Ridge, COFebruary 25, 2014
Christopher House is an Eden House. This is the elders' home. Our elders come first. A typical day would include (as a CNA), bathing, dressing, getting them to the dining room, helping them toilet it needed etc. A typical day as a nurse, would be to make sure morning/afternoon/evening meds are given, treatments are given, and always show kindness, respect, dignity, and privacy.

My co-workers and I work together as a team. We cannot do our job and serve our elders effectively they way they deserve to be treated if it weren't for teamwork!

The hardest part of the job is that I wish I could spend MORE time just talking to the elders and listening to them. They love to tell you about their lives, I love to listen! So, more time to just sit with them would be my request.

The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that you are making the elders comfortable and happy, while attending to their clinical needs. My face lights up when I see them, and their faces light up when they see me! That makes my day! You make a difference in their lives. They are no longer in their home and near family and friends. We become their home, family, and friends.
Pros
occassional free meals, training, and education
Cons
short breaks, paperwork
Great place to intern
Resource Development intern (Current Employee) –  ChicagoFebruary 21, 2014
I learned a lot! The supervisors are great. Planning the annual benefit is a educational experience. I learned a lot about the education, non profit sector.
I like working at Christopher House
Accountant for Contracts and Vouchers (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 22, 2014
Everyone is very nice here.
Very comfortable working environment.
Wonderful Mission, lots of heart, lots of stress
teacher (Current Employee) –  chicago IlNovember 21, 2013
There are some amazing people working here and wonderful children and families! It is just very hard to keep up with paperwork and expectations. The amount of work outweighs the payscale by a lot.
Pros
hour paid lunches, lunch provided for many meetings, very supportive managers, great co-workers
Cons
low pay, lots of paperwork, behavior management is tough, staff turnover
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 19, 2013
Christopher House is a great place to work, grow , and advance. I am constantly challenged which I like and always encouraged to great things. The staff is very supportive. Its a good work environment.
not enough pay
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  chicagoNovember 13, 2013
stressful day
co workers are ok
hardest part of the day is nosey workers
N/a
Tier 1-Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 21, 2013
Reggio inspired. How to document and input checkpoints, and leasson plans through Teaching Strategies Gold. Working with 0-3 continuity of care.
Great coworkers, too many changes in management , commute was very difficult.
Business Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Wheat Ridge, COApril 4, 2013
Sstarted with a meeting, then worked on A/R with scheduled activities routinely interrupted with resident and family questions, issues. Several scheduled meetings throughout the week and unscheduled meetings regarding potential admissions.
Pros
reduced cost lunches, great coworkers, lolts of variety
Cons
changes in corporate management resulted in changes in policy
Energy, creativity and joy is needed
Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 10, 2012
A typical day consist of being many different things, in this field you play various roles. You may have to break up arguments, become the chef, an artist, get all dressed up and even transform into a fire fighter or police. I've learned patients. You have co-workers who have your back and are there to lift you up. The hardest part of the job I would say is dealing with the many personalities of each child. The most enjoyable part is that you learn so much from the children.
Pros
medical benefits, hour paid lunch
Cons
pay sucks
Social Service Agency with a host of social programs
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 19, 2012
Christopher House was a great organization offering Head Start, Title XX Low-Income day care, etc. I enjoyed working with the executive director to develop the organization. We worked as a team to create a five-year strategic plan.
Pros
worked directly with the executive director
Cons
felt like i could be doing more; i was a graduate student at the time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CHRISTOPHER HOUSE. Our community is ready to answer.