CHRISTOPHER HOUSE

CHRISTOPHER HOUSE Employer Reviews

A great expierence
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 14, 2014
A very happy and caring place. The management of the school was excellent.I enjoyed working with the teachers and children.
Fast-pace, culturally diveres early head start center
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Chicago IL,August 5, 2014
Great place to work, great place to grow & refine skills as an early educator.
Not a good place to work
Housekeeper (Current Employee), Wheat Ridge, COMay 23, 2014
Pros: enjoyed the company of the elderly
Cons: work was too hard
Poor management style
Co-workers not team players
Learned nothing
Deep cleaning rooms hard
Enjoyed the company of the Resident's
Stressful environment
Good place to be a speech clinician
Speech Extern (Former Employee), Wheat Ridge, COMarch 25, 2014
Pros: nice staff
Cons: n/a
Good place to be a speech clinician and great students to provide therapy to while learning and receiving constructive criticism.
Love The Chistopher House!
LPN (Formerly a CNA) (Current Employee), Wheat Ridge, COFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: occassional free meals, training, and education
Cons: short breaks, paperwork
Christopher House is an Eden House. This is the elders' home. Our elders come first. A typical day would include (as a CNA), bathing, dressing, getting them to the dining room, helping them toilet it needed etc. A typical day as a nurse, would be to make sure morning/afternoon/evening meds are given, treatments are given, and always show kindness, respect, – more... dignity, and privacy.

My co-workers and I work together as a team. We cannot do our job and serve our elders effectively they way they deserve to be treated if it weren't for teamwork!

The hardest part of the job is that I wish I could spend MORE time just talking to the elders and listening to them. They love to tell you about their lives, I love to listen! So, more time to just sit with them would be my request.

The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that you are making the elders comfortable and happy, while attending to their clinical needs. My face lights up when I see them, and their faces light up when they see me! That makes my day! You make a difference in their lives. They are no longer in their home and near family and friends. We become their home, family, and friends. – less
Great place to intern
Resource Development intern (Current Employee), ChicagoFebruary 21, 2014
I learned a lot! The supervisors are great. Planning the annual benefit is a educational experience. I learned a lot about the education, non profit sector.
I like working at Christopher House
Accountant for Contracts and Vouchers (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 22, 2014
Everyone is very nice here.
Very comfortable working environment.
Wonderful Mission, lots of heart, lots of stress
teacher (Current Employee), chicago IlNovember 21, 2013
Pros: hour paid lunches, lunch provided for many meetings, very supportive managers, great co-workers
Cons: low pay, lots of paperwork, behavior management is tough, staff turnover
There are some amazing people working here and wonderful children and families! It is just very hard to keep up with paperwork and expectations. The amount of work outweighs the payscale by a lot.
GREAT PLACE TO WORK
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 19, 2013
Christopher House is a great place to work, grow , and advance. I am constantly challenged which I like and always encouraged to great things. The staff is very supportive. Its a good work environment.
not enough pay
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee), chicagoNovember 13, 2013
stressful day
co workers are ok
hardest part of the day is nosey workers
N/A
Tier 1-Assistant Teacher (Current Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 21, 2013
Reggio inspired. How to document and input checkpoints, and leasson plans through Teaching Strategies Gold. Working with 0-3 continuity of care.
Great coworkers, too many changes in management , commute was very difficult.
Business Office Manager (Former Employee), Wheat Ridge, COApril 4, 2013
Pros: reduced cost lunches, great coworkers, lolts of variety
Cons: changes in corporate management resulted in changes in policy
Sstarted with a meeting, then worked on A/R with scheduled activities routinely interrupted with resident and family questions, issues. Several scheduled meetings throughout the week and unscheduled meetings regarding potential admissions.
Energy, creativity and joy is needed
Paraprofessional (Current Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 10, 2012
Pros: medical benefits, hour paid lunch
Cons: pay sucks
A typical day consist of being many different things, in this field you play various roles. You may have to break up arguments, become the chef, an artist, get all dressed up and even transform into a fire fighter or police. I've learned patients. You have co-workers who have your back and are there to lift you up. The hardest part of the job I would – more... say is dealing with the many personalities of each child. The most enjoyable part is that you learn so much from the children. – less
Social Service Agency with a host of social programs
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 19, 2012
Pros: worked directly with the executive director
Cons: felt like i could be doing more; i was a graduate student at the time.
Christopher House was a great organization offering Head Start, Title XX Low-Income day care, etc. I enjoyed working with the executive director to develop the organization. We worked as a team to create a five-year strategic plan.
the team
LPN (Former Employee), WheatridgeJanuary 27, 2012
the team that you work was good when I started and then the the management quite and new management came in and it was horrible
Good workplace to gain new experience in new role but no opportunity to progress and grow
Maintenance Administrator (Former Employee), North LondonMarch 22, 2013
Company cooperates with Local Authorities by providing temporary accommodation for homeless people.
Direct supervision of maintenance staff and delegating responsibilities. Adjusting tasks to meet staff capabilities. Coordinating emergency and regular repairs. Taking corrective actions when required. Record-keeping of a daily log. Preparing work order – more... reports. Solving maintenance-related problems in a timely manner, and identifying opportunities for improvement. Cooperating with landlords and professional bodies. Carrying out responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies. Dealing with telephone, e-mail queries and complaints. Organizing Gas, Electricity and EPC certificates
I enjoyed all what i have been doing in the company. Unfortunately no opportunities to progress, develop the career and grow within the company. – less