CHRISTUS Continuing Care Employee Reviews

Corporate ha no respect for the Medical Director and hospitalist staff
Charge Nutse (Former Employee) –  Bryan, TXMay 25, 2015
In a nutshell, corporate from Irving swept in and without conferencing with the medical staff fired the administrator and relieved the DON from her duties. With the exception of having her come in once a week to monitor wound care. They then proceeded to slash staff hours, frequently canceling shifts to operate on a minimum number of nurses and, at times, no CNAs or unit secretaries. I left when I realized that the staffing the corporate representatives were requiring was creating an unsafe situation. If a patient were to crash there would not be enough licensed staff to run a code. The hospitalist have ceased admitting patients Sus to the cuts in floor staff yet corporate is blaming the nursing staff and using their nurses as scapegoats. I spoke recently with a CNA who is looking for another job because one of the doctors strongly encourages her to find alternate employment because this facility may not last much longer.

Avoid Chistus Dubuis Hospital in Bryan like the plague!
Pros
They paid me well, but not well enough to stay.
Cons
Did you read my review?!?
Company wasted a lot of money on consultants.
DIRECTOR OF ACCOUNTING (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 18, 2014
Worked for subsidiary; we were small and like family. Many long term employees. Corporate move to Irving busted up "family"; many
long term employees left company. Seem to get away from "core values".
Good company terrible location
Server (Former Employee) –  Coppell,TXFebruary 18, 2014
But I started working as a server. It was laid back and I like how I don't have to do too much duties compare to my last dietary job. Some of the residents are very nice and understanding especially if you are training. Not too many assisted living has residents who will respect that you are training. Now as the staff I was working with, it was nothing but prejudice that they "fired" me because they want keep the Coppell students working while letting me go for no reason when I reported the associates numerous times to the supervisor(who was being lazy to make them stop) the lead person who happens to be 28 and acts very childish like the young associates and lets them get away with everything. And every weekend their isn't some type of supervisor to watch over the kitchen staff which can cause the young associates to try get one innocent person fired for no reason and get away with it. If their was a diverse group associates working in the kitchen and MATURE supervisors; everything would be good instead of nothing but whites and Mexicans.
Pros
good benefits, laidback environment
Cons
unprofessional supervisor, childish coworkers, unfair lead person
Fantastic place to work.
Senior HR Generalist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TexasJuly 23, 2013
Wonderful place to work. Treated like family. You will want to go to work every day.
Good Company to work for
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 24, 2013
Very busy, I learned the Home Care side which was enjoyable. Co workers were awesome. The hardest part was communication the most enjoyable was the people.

2.5