CHRISTUS Continuing Care Employee Reviews

Corporate ha no respect for the Medical Director and hospitalist staff
Charge Nutse (Former Employee) –  Bryan, TXMay 25, 2015
In a nutshell, corporate from Irving swept in and without conferencing with the medical staff fired the administrator and relieved the DON from her duties. With the exception of having her come in once a week to monitor wound care. They then proceeded to slash staff hours, frequently canceling shifts to operate on a minimum number of nurses and, at times, no CNAs or unit secretaries. I left when I realized that the staffing the corporate representatives were requiring was creating an unsafe situation. If a patient were to crash there would not be enough licensed staff to run a code. The hospitalist have ceased admitting patients Sus to the cuts in floor staff yet corporate is blaming the nursing staff and using their nurses as scapegoats. I spoke recently with a CNA who is looking for another job because one of the doctors strongly encourages her to find alternate employment because this facility may not last much longer.

Avoid Chistus Dubuis Hospital in Bryan like the plague!
Pros
They paid me well, but not well enough to stay.
Cons
Did you read my review?!?
Company wasted a lot of money on consultants.
DIRECTOR OF ACCOUNTING (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 18, 2014
Worked for subsidiary; we were small and like family. Many long term employees. Corporate move to Irving busted up "family"; many
long term employees left company. Seem to get away from "core values".
Open discrimination, questionable accounting practices
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Irving, TxMay 29, 2014
Worst place I have ever seen managers who openly discriminate against employees. Managers who lack accountability and accounting knowledge. No work life balance at all unless you were married with children. HR in name only.
Pros
ok lunch room
Cons
abusive environment for some, with hours and words from management
Fantastic place to work.
Senior HR Generalist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TexasJuly 23, 2013
Wonderful place to work. Treated like family. You will want to go to work every day.
Good Company to work for
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 24, 2013
Very busy, I learned the Home Care side which was enjoyable. Co workers were awesome. The hardest part was communication the most enjoyable was the people.

2.5