Christus Health

Christus Health Employer Reviews

Great plave to work
Enterprise Server Engineer I (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMarch 19, 2015
I've learned a lot here. Unlimited PTO, paid training, the big three conferences, EMC World, Cisco Live and VMWorld.
Long hours. Pay was on the low end.
Nurses are wonderful to the patients. Management is lacking in several areas.
RN (Former Employee), Beaumont TXMarch 11, 2015
Pros: good benefits, flexible schedule, units staffed predominately with rn's
Cons: sub standard pay for experience, management is very disorganized.
I had a bad experience with this employer but this is not a bad company to work for. I had worked for them in the past with no complaints. I think it makes a big difference on who your manager is. Mine was overworked and over stressed, Therefore was disorganized and forgetful. Each time her mistakes surfaced, she put the blame on employee. Lost respect for her very quickly.
No Accountability
Clinical Integration Project Manager (Former Employee), Irving TXFebruary 18, 2015
Almost impossible to get anything done. Project team members spend most of their time at extended lunches and or in the on-site gym, instead of attending meetings and taking care of their assigned tasks.
Beware if you want to work in a safe and ethical environment
nurse (Former Employee), Alexandria, LaFebruary 15, 2015
Cons: extremely poor management
Poor management in the psychiatric area. Lack of concern for patient safety. Management shows favoritism between shifts. Facility does not follow their mission.
Great People
Collections and Reimbursement Processor (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 12, 2015
This was a great company to work for...when it's corporate offices were in Houston. It was a large company with a family feel. Everybody that worked there had been there for over 10 years. The management carried about the staff and took a genuine interest in them.
Horrible management
Phlebotmist (Former Employee), Beaumont txFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: no time off
I worked there twice first time I was fired when I was admitted to the emergency room while pregnant the second time they fired me the day after my sister passed at the hospital from a bad car accident the supervisor hates to have to come in so she over works her employees
Fast paced, challenging yet rewarding place to work
Revenue Cycle Manager (Former Employee), Irving, TXFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: six sigma lean training
As a result of our lean Six Sigma processes every team had their routine for what their day would entail. With all of the visuals we had, I kept abreast of our work status at all times and was able to shift FTE's to fill roles as needed.

As a manager over the Medicare team, it was important for me to be able to speak to the financial status of each client and be able to provide quick responses and resolution if questions or concerns arose.

Our management team worked well together as we collaborated with one another regarding issues, trends and opportunities, in addition, we were able to cover for each other as needed. The most enjoyable part of my job was to see my team learn, grow and experience the satisfaction of meeting and exceeding their monthly goals.
Good group of people to work with
Project Manager, Clinical Integration- IM (Current Employee), Irving, TXJanuary 18, 2015
Current Director is wonderful and a pleasure to work for. Still creating processes within departments.
Health plans
Provider Relations Representative (Current Employee), Irving, TXJanuary 12, 2015
 Assists in the basic operations of the Provider Relations Department.
 Provides service to provider practices by resolving problems and advising providers of new protocols, policies and procedures.
 Assist in negotiating, reviewing, and preparing enrollment agreements with facilities, laboratories, and group physician practices.
 Assists with the development and monitoring of provider contracts.
 Resolves administrative problems affecting network providers, patients, and plans within contracted guidelines for which the network is responsible.
 Assures the provider documentation is complete and accurate. Ensures the accuracy of provider data entered into the provider database.
 Coordinates provider status information with member services and other plan departments. - Performs other duties as required.
It is a faith based company
Master Data Specialist I (Current Employee), Irving, TXJanuary 9, 2015
i am constantly busy. The workload can be overwhelming sometimes. My team consist of 3 people. At times it can be difficult to communicate with external or internal customers via the phone due to the openness of our cubical layouts. I think Christus Health is an upcoming employer of choice.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the diversity. We have a very diverse group of people from all walks of life!!
It is an exciting place to work where I enjoy my co-workers and I learn things all the time
Inventory Control Coordinatoor (Current Employee), Beaumont, TXDecember 26, 2014
I am able to have access to diference surgical procedures and and also able to sit in on some if the surgeon allows mw to do so, so I am learning alot of things that I did not know, like what istruments are needed for what particular surgeries.
Fast paced, high expectations
Account Payable processor (Former Employee), Coppell, TXNovember 13, 2014
Pros: catered lunch
Cons: management didn't interact with employees
process invoices and check requests
Coworkers are great.
Hardest part was slow system
Enjoyed working unlimited OT
Great mission and enviroment.
Executive Assistant to System Medical Director (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 27, 2014
Pros: lots of activities for employees
CHRISTUS was great, very challenging positions and opportunities to learn. Very hectic sometimes but was very fun job.
Great Company
Team Lead (Former Employee), Irving, TXSeptember 9, 2014
Lean Six Sigma processes are very interesting. It teaches the principle of team work.
Watch children while their parents are out working out
Childcare Assistant (Current Employee), Shreveport, LASeptember 4, 2014
a typical day at work requires me to sign children in and out daily, we give snacks to those that bring them, and change diapers to those that aren't potty trained. my coworkers are pretty far with balancing out the work that has to be done in the run of a day. There's really not a hard part to this job we get to play an interact with children daily/
Productive and somewhat fun
Cash Posting / Lockbox Processor (Current Employee), Irving, TXAugust 25, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: too much work, and not enough time or pay
Payment Application
Answers phone and directs call and/or answers questions
Applies payments to appropriate Workers Compensation accounts
Applies payments to appropriate Workers Compensation/ Patient/Private/ Group Health (cash and credit card) accounts
Applies payments to appropriate Employer/Contract accounts
Performs and maintains posting level per company policy
Identifies and flags short pays
Researches unidentifiable payments
Not one of the best companies I have worked for
Client Service Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXAugust 18, 2014
Corporate relocated to Irving, causing many associates not able to relocate to lose their jobs.
While working at Christus Health
Patient Financial Services II - Collector (Current Employee), Irving, TXAugust 17, 2014
While working here at Christus Health. I have learned alot about hospital billing. The foundation that the company was built on has been the fore front on how they run the company..
Wonderful experience, great people, worked hard every minute
Buyer II (Current Employee), Irving, TXAugust 14, 2014
Pros: made great friends for life.
Cons: expected to work 60+ per week
Christus Health Procurement/ Supply Chain is a very rewarding yet very fast paced opportunity. I worked with multiple sales reps and vendors. Created time sensitive purchase orders, verified pricing, uploaded contracts, verified best pricing vs contract pricing, updated item numbers within our purchasing systems, and so much more.
Christus Health
Patient Financial Services II - Collector (Current Employee), Irving, TXAugust 10, 2014
This company has great base ideas for caring for the sick. With in towns that need better health care..

1 2 3 4 5

About Christus Health

In CHRISTUS there is no east or west, but plenty of care nonetheless. The not-for-profit Catholic health care system operates – Read more

Christus Health Salaries