Christus Health Employee Reviews

Excelente experience
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXApril 20, 2017
I would help room patients, take their vitals and interview them on the reason for their visit. I would order labs when needed, refill authorized medications and schedule appointments. I learned a lot while I worked there. Excellent coworkers.
Pros
Great co workers
Christus Health
Patient Account Specialist III (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 13, 2017
Christus provide family and support throughout the organization. I enjoy working for Christus Health, however there is limited work positions in Houston.
Cons
Limited Career Advancement
Great fast pace, busy work place
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 12, 2017
I LOVE my manager and director. Overall great staff to work with on the unit. Love my co-workers. Currently undergoing changes with new senior management. If you are looking for a fast pace, nice environment to work at, you'll love it.
Adventurous
Credentialing Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 21, 2017
There was never a dull moment an Adventurous company to work for. I've learned a lot in the health care field on all levels. I enjoyed the opportunit
Worst Company to work for!!!!!!!!!
Finance (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 17, 2017
This was the worst company ive ever worked for to be Catholic, The management team put in place to run this company represent the totally opposite. They blame the staff for their mistakes and take no responsibility. Upper management hire their unqualified friends and families for posted positions with top pay and overlook the qualified internal candidates. There is only a 1% chance for minority advancement & growth potential. To sum things up this company is the WORST!!! Would not recommend to my enemy.
Pros
PTO and Coworkers
Cons
Both Mgmt & HR team is a nightmare, Mgmt hire unqualified friends & family for positions w top pay.
productive
CSA (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 14, 2017
busy environment, great people. over time and flexibility.
opportunities to move up within company.....................................................
Stressful place to work especially when you don't have supervisory support
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 12, 2017
The turnover is high and there's a good reason for this .You get no support from your supervisors you have no family life because they don't have a set schedule. they don't believe in you having a family life. If you work for Christus Santa Rosa you will regret it especially for the security department that's why they're always hiring officers.
Don't waste your time and fall for their empty promises because that's exactly what they are empty!
Pros
Decent benefits
Cons
You pay for everything and you get nothing in return
Supportive and educational environment
Administrative Assistant/Human Resource Services (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 8, 2017
The company gives the employees a tremendous amount of support and offers an extensive benefit package. The hours in the human resource department were always flexible. Management was extremely informative and present. The different management levels in the HR department were not always clearly defined.
Pros
Great opportunity for advancement
Cons
The company hires from within and I was only a long term temp
New changes destroying workplaces
Analyst (Former Employee) –  TXFebruary 24, 2017
I have never seen a company change so much in the last year. They down sized. Managers became micro-managers. The workplace used to be so fun and uplifting. Then it became miserable. Many left. I was one. Whether an RN or IT desk support everyone was affected.
benefits
Non supportive leadership in Health Plan
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Irving, TexasFebruary 11, 2017
There is a large disparity between what the health plan leadership says they represent and what occurs on a day to day basis. The leadership has not dedicated resources needed to develop staff or the tools and systems needed for associates to succeed and run a health plan. When a question is asked a typical response from leadership is " go read the manual and figure it out." 10+ hour work days are the norm as there is little to no support and general lack of direction and vision for the managing staff. Due to this, there is a revolving door for mid-level managers which is hard on the front line staff.
Pros
They have benefits
Cons
Leadership, no support, culture
bad work place
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  irving txFebruary 10, 2017
They claim they have a reputation but they hide behind their religion and claim to be a Catholic organisation. The supervisors in member services are full of themselves especially when you say you got a sup call....no one wants to answer but run hiding like brood of vipers. Then they turn and point fingers at you for what you did not do before getting rid of you. Please read before you apply there.
Pros
nothing good
Cons
lies
Ft.Smith hospital eat their young and are bullies!
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Ft. Smith, ARFebruary 6, 2017
I am a Registered Nurse and happened to be visiting the Ft.Smith ,Arkansas facility. What I observed was totally unprofessional and uncalled for. The charge nurse or manager had a clique it appeared and was not very helpful to one of the nurses on the floor. Under staffed also and maybe that's why he had the unprofessional attitude. There was an incidence with a drug that was not addressed appropriately and didn't seem like it was a big concern for anyone's safety. I've been privileged to work in bigger hospitals all around several states and know a " train wreck" when I see one! Stay away from this facility if you have a license you value! New grads,this is not the place for you! Go somewhere that will help you grow in knowledge and professionalism. I've read other reviews wondering if it was just this facility or not and overall most of the reviews are similar to mine and I'm just an observer!! It may seem rather harsh but what I observed should have been reported. The younger nurse may not know her options or even who to report it to. That's what the charge nurse and managers are supposed to be doing for their nurses. Not providing a safe work environment is reportable and could cost this company! Poor girl! I can't imagine actually having to work with those nurses at this particular facility! These are the kind of nurses that give the rest of us a bad name! Shame on you!
productive, Family and fun work place
Health Information Tech I (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXJanuary 16, 2017
I totally love and miss this position. This position gained my experience job. I feel like this company is family friendly.
I am looking for my new experience with new job and work with new employees.
Pros
Events during work, earns bonus and kudos
Cons
short break and no holidays paid.
Great work place
RN Administrator (Current Employee) –  Las Colinas, TXJanuary 12, 2017
Growing office, great team , lots of potential for growth, great oversight, love of working with geriatric population
Loved working here.
LVN (Former Employee) –  Port Arthur, TXJanuary 4, 2017
Excellent work atmosphere and spiritual atmosphere that really promotes healing and caring. Flexible hours, excellent co-workers, great pay and opportunities for advancement.
Cover ypurself
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXDecember 28, 2016
Stay to yourself and move up. Work hard for self. Always keep a journal of call for weekdays and holidays. Special clicks get special perks.
Keep up with schedule during the day, a person will be before you and because they don't want to do the procedure they will skip them and get the next person...
Pros
Money
Cons
Clicks
Great Core Values
Quality Improvement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXDecember 23, 2016
Christus Health is a religious based company, but some of the employes are not very Christian-like. The mission statement and core values are great, if only followed and exemplified by its employee.
Team Player
Collection Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXDecember 9, 2016
A typical day is very fast paste and change daily to ensure we continue to meet daily, weekly and monthly goals. I've learned so much over the years in management. I value my team/employees; therefore I try to provide as much training and information for them daily to assist us in meeting our goals. I truly feel I'm only as good as my staff. If they fail then I have failed them. The hardest part to my job is having to decide between two great employees, which one to promote or release when downsizing. The most enjoyable part of my job is training staff and/or mentoring someone to be promoted within the department
Pros
Great Team
Cons
Releasing Staff
decent place to work
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXDecember 9, 2016
Company is a christian based non profit. Executive leadership needs a reality check regarding their policies and leaders they have in place. Work life balance needs to be updated,as well as employee communication.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Work life balance leves nothing ot be desired.
great group of workers to work with and diversity.
SCANNING PROCESSOR TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 1, 2016
Christus has a great diversity in the company. A great group of co-workers. Team work was always included. nice comfortable environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Christus Health. Our community is ready to answer.