Christus Health Employee Reviews in United States

Work bill code are charge ers
Tech II (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 25, 2016
love coding er records always get something different to code have been there is a wonderful place to work you meet a great set of people and some of them become family to you
Pros
WORK FROM HOME
Unstable and stressful work environment
Dedicated Worker (Former Employee) –  LouisianaMarch 20, 2016
If character, stability and an upstanding organization is important to you, CHRISTUS is not the place to work. I have worked for CHRISTUS for almost 6 years, and in those 6 years I have witnessed 4 restructures/consolidations/major layoffs. One of those happened 2 weeks before Christmas. I was affected by 2 of these. Although the pay and benefits are decent, the company is all about saving a dollar and they do not care if hundreds of people lose their jobs to do it. Main level management are ok, but the Senior level executives are cut throat. They do not know how to communicate. They lead by intimidation and if you challenge them, you are gone. If you are the type of executive that believes in doing what is right and being compassionate (which is one of their core values) then you will not survive. They will get rid of you. It's as if it's almost a requirement. This company does not demonstrate their core values nor do they live their mission.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Company is constantly restructuring/laying off to save money
Productive and fun
Doctor of Nursing Practice, FNP (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 10, 2016
This is a great place to work. The environment is peaceful and friendly. This job has scriptures on the wall. It has quiet rooms. It is so nice.
Pros
Church services during work
Cons
Corporate America
We have a chapel on site and service opportunities weekly
Liaison/AP Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 10, 2016
Christus is a wonderful place to work. They give back to the communities in which they serve and they also include opportunities for employees to participate in fun activities throughout the year.
The work day has gotten much better than when I first got here. It's still like a start up company from some aspects as they are still trying to find the best way to get things handled while becoming more automated. I've learned that it truly takes a village and everyone may not go that extra mile but there are a few people in each department that are truly accountable for their work and will give you 1000%. I tend to hold on to those individuals for dear life- LOL!!!!
I love our town hall meetings! Our CEO has a great personality and is approachable. He attends the meetings and provides updates on where we are and where the vision is going for future endeavors. Upper management actually heard and adhered to some of the employee requests from our employee surveys- AWESOME!!!!
Productive Workplace
Patient Financial Services-Contracts Team (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 9, 2016
A typical day at work is very productive, Christus sets very high standards for their employees. I've learned a lot about the healthcare industry in a business office setting since I first started in 2013. The most enjoyable part of the job would have to be my coworkers, they're always very fun and friendly. I've had my share of Supervisors and Managers and in my time, maybe 2 of each have made a great impression on me.
Ok company to work for
Medical Biller/ Medical Collector (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 1, 2016
Christus gives you a purpose to go to work every day because it is a non profit organization and the focus on is on helping the patients receive the care they deserve. However the company as a whole is constantly in reaction mode instead of response. There is no true focus on advanced training or helping their associates become better employees. They would rather make demands without providing the knowledge on how to best fulfill those demands.
Pros
Medical benefits
Cons
not focused on providing training and improving over all as a company. Its all about cash.
Inclusive and fun culture
Supply Chain Management Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 18, 2016
Hands on and involved Management. The Supply Chain Management team has a strong emphasis on learning and also values diversity.
Great teamwork!
Certified Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Kingsville, TXFebruary 13, 2016
Working environment is great and the staff work together to give the best quality of care to make sure our patient's are satisfied with their outcome to recovery.
Pros
Great work hours!
Cons
Long drive going to work.
Productive and fun work place
CERTIFIED PATIENT ACCESS REPRESENTATIVE II (Current Employee) –  Port Arthur, TXFebruary 11, 2016
I have learned that with hard work and dedication that there is room for advancement.Managers are very encouraging when it comes to education in your profession.
Pros
CAFETERIA DISCOUNT
Cons
SHORT BREAKS
Very fast paced and stressful
Behavioral Counselor (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXFebruary 8, 2016
Was hired as a counselor but did clerk work and had no time to "counsel" patients. No formal training program, inconsistent rules and criticisms, other employees were only looking out for themselves, no team spirit. Was expected to read the Dr's mind regarding patients. No opportunity given to learn and correct mistakes. NO paid holidays! You have to take your own, barely earned PTO time for it. Will never work here again.
Pros
Pay was ok, and overtime possible
Cons
Management, co-workers, lack of training guidelines, PTO time
Christus Health
Enterprise Microsoft Infrastructure Engineer (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXJanuary 30, 2016
This was a great place to work with and excellent set of professionals.I worked there for sixteen years and would have retired, but the company relocated to Dallas and I was unable to relocate. My understanding is that since the move, the company is not such a great place and has had a large turn over.
great place to work at
EXECPTION ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 26, 2016
A great place to work, the part I enjoy about the job is a chance to help others and the great team of people I work with... Support the staff by maintaining a working knowledge of client programs, objectives and expectation. Develop summary reports.
Pros
team empowement
Cons
healthcare
n/a
healthcare provider (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 4, 2015
very loving job give you career advise to go back to school. help out with benefits and insurance do coding and a lot more
very good job love to field out cms 1500 cliam forms
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Tremendous Team to work with
CLINICAL INFORMATICIST (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 26, 2015
I thoroughly enjoy the team I work with. We support, yet challenge each other. The only reason I am looking is to move closer to family.
Not a good job if you are looking for job security
Coordination of Benefits Lead (Current Employee) –  Irving TexasOctober 23, 2015
Christus is a very stressful job with a high turn around. They pay well but the stress that comes with it does not equal out. Managers turn around is aweful as well you may get a new manager every 3-6 months. So weigh you options first.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
stressful and a high turn around
Former Corporate CEO fired most CFO's and CEO's to save his job. Board supported his decision. No managerial support.
Business office- finance (Former Employee) –  TexasOctober 23, 2015
Corporate made all decisions. Disagree with Dallas, you are out. New corporate team arrives, most current employees are removed.It is different organization without Sisters. Patient care not the same. Change from patient centered to only profit centered.
Pros
Prior Sister involvement catholic owned
Cons
No Sister involvement catholic related
Great Place to work
Director of Accounting (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 14, 2015
Great place to work. The culture is dynamic and the company is employee driven. The company has chapel on Thursday and employee appreciation days periodically.
Great place to work, customer/client satisfaction is major priority of the company
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXOctober 13, 2015
I have been blessed to work at this company for as long as I have and I really have grown in my professional development by working here. Each day brings on its blessings, trials and whatever, but with the help of great coworkers, we get the job done. Most of all our clients leave knowing that they have received excellent care. Overall rating of Christus Health is excellent!
Pros
Great pay
Cons
staffing/hours
Fun sprit sisters of Vila De Matel
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Houston TxOctober 5, 2015
Assisted catholic sister by cooking them breakfast, lunch, snack, and dinner accordingly to there diet. There is nothing hard about this job, the most enjoyable part of this job is celebrating birthdays, fest days, and holidays with the sisters.
Pros
good benefits and free flu shots
excellent
Insurance Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 17, 2015
and excellent faith based company to work for the staff and overall management and people are very likeable. Great work enviroment
Pros
all good
Cons
company moving location