Christus Health Employee Reviews

Fast pace
Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 17, 2018
Twelve hour shifts of patient care was very rewarding in a environment full of healthcare teams that are phenomenal. Great benefits and amazing support staff.
one of the nicest places to work
Infection Control Nurse (Former Employee) –  Nassau Bay, TXFebruary 15, 2018
I worked in several departments at St John Hospital and loved them all. Staff were caring and management tended to listen to suggestions. I learned a lot from my peers.
Pros
close to home
Typical 9-5
Referral Specialist/Appeals/Claims Examiner (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 14, 2018
It is the typical 9-5, The work environment has changed over the course of years I have been with the company. It is a located in the business district of Irving and the traffic is very hectic.
Pros
flex-schedule
Cons
mandatory overtime
It was a great learning experience.
UNIT SECRETARY/ CNA (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXFebruary 13, 2018
Learning experience on handling high patient turn overs.
Was a cultural experience
Working with multiple doctors and nurses on a constant basis
Most enjoyable was seeing the patient happy during there stay.
Pros
Great medical benefits and PR experience.
Cons
Heavy work load on a regular basis.
Wonderful place to work
Room Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXFebruary 13, 2018
Friendly environment caring employers.
Cross training and support available as needed.
Great benefits an great pay.
Chance for advancement.
Hardest part of the job was working holidays
comfortable workplace environment
Facilities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 12, 2018
Starts out busy and pretty much stays that way in my line of work.
Team environment for the most part was compatible
Management style changed in the last couple of years and affected the team and work environment
Workplace culture was favorable and provided a good amount of employee activities
When management style changed the job caused alot of uncertainty among the team. Everyone was going in their own direction causing the team less cohesiveness.
Enjoyed what I did and enjoyed the team
Good environment
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAFebruary 12, 2018
A very good place to work. The benefits are great and everyone is helpful. They do work you a lot but overall it’s a good company to work for. I would go back.
Overall descent company
Insurance Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Las Colinas, TXFebruary 11, 2018
Christus Health was overall a pretty good company, but it did have many faults that outweighed the good points. They were a non profit company, therefore they paid quite unruly . They played favorites and very DISCRIMATING They pushed people out of the door by deceitful tactics and lies.
Pros
Christian based
Cons
very deceptive and unprofessional managers
I had no idea
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 8, 2018
I had no idea that Santa Rosa was going to be doing the same kind of health care in 2017-2018 that they were doing back in 2000 when I first started with the company. It was as if time had stopped. There is no following the national standards of care. At least not where I’m standing. It’s quite frustrating on a daily basis to watch patients walk out the door because they wait too long. They wait too long because the process is broken. From the top down.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Broken process
Productive and educational work place
Surgical Tech/OB tech (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXFebruary 8, 2018
Great learning environment with diverse experiences . I've learned a lot as an ob tech which enhanced my surgical tech skills.The surgeons were very educational and loved to teach.
Pros
Shift diffrential pay
Cons
Short breaks
average hospital setting
ER Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXFebruary 8, 2018
Facility is neither terrible or fabulous. Like any facility, it is all about the people you work with that make a facility a good place to work. The people I worked with are wonderful.
Productive and fun fast place to work
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe, NMFebruary 7, 2018
Grate employees, grate place to work for. Very fast and they know what they are doing. They all care for the patient and the staff. Very organized work environment.
Pros
Fast, lunch discount, grate employees
Excellent company
Financial Counselor (Current Employee) –  Texarkana, TXFebruary 6, 2018
I have a very rewarding position that is fast paced and never boring. I meet a variety of people on a daily basis that let me know that I have made a difference in their lives.
felt most employees took pride in their work
RN (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAFebruary 6, 2018
training was adequate, employees were knowledgeable regarding responsibilities, supportive work environment, enjoyed interactions with patients and their families
Workplace
Certified Pt Access Rep II/Financial Counselor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 4, 2018
My most memorable part of working at Christus, was the people ( patients ) I was able to help. And working with my other associates, the associates are what makes Christus, what it is today! As management is there to guide you along the way. Though, they have guidelines to follow, I feel they lack integrity amongst its associates.
Pros
stability, education advancement
Cons
no advancement
Refreshing
Contracts Administrator (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 2, 2018
Being a catholic based organization is a plus for this organization. Great environment promoting work-life balance. Always random acts of fun to show appreciation for the work being done by associates. Most of the executive management team is approachable.
Pros
acts of appreciation
Cons
middle management team
friendly coworkers
Patient Access Rep II (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 2, 2018
mostly came in sat at my cubical started my day. didn't really have a good interaction from management or acknowledgment. mostly the job was like a grind come in do your work then leave for the day. the environment or office setting was open. the most part of the job was my coworkers and the pay, other than that no increased compensation nor acknowledgement throughout my time there.
Pros
pay
Cons
no management
poor management
Certified Nurse's Aide (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXFebruary 1, 2018
This hospital has poor management, and poor employees. Workers do not care about their patients. Lots of mistakes are made every single day, and no one says anything.
Pros
poor employees and staff
Cons
insurance
Externship was confusing
Nurse Externship (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXJanuary 30, 2018
I never knew what floor I was going to be working on. Sometimes it was fun and educational. Other times the charge nurses were mean and the aides sat around and made the extern do all the work. The work was often an entire floor of patients which is simply unrealistic. It was very common for an aide or extern to have 36 patients and be expected to answer call lights, make rounds, change positions, give baths/ or do daily weight (depending on the shift), help with feedings, do vital signs every four hours, do post op vitals on more than one patient at a time, change linens, collect linens, bring linens to dump, collect trash, replace bags, and bring trash to the dump, and document. On many occasions, if I didn't do these things then they just didn't get done.
poor morale
Representative (Former Employee) –  TXJanuary 29, 2018
Very poor morale and disorganized. Very high turnover and layoffs by management to cover their mistakes. While there are good people working there the cutthroat environment hinders productivity.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Christus Health. Our community is ready to answer.