CHRISTUS Spohn Health System Employee Reviews

Very focused on Productivity Metrics
Vice President of Nursing Operations (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXDecember 21, 2017
Workplace culture is driven by the company's mission.

Frequent changes in leadership

Hardest part of the job is adjusting to the frequent changes in productivity metrics
Benefits
Cons
frequent leadership changes
Great organization
Coder (Current Employee) –  RemoteDecember 19, 2017
Great organization to work for. Fast paced environment. Hardest part of the job is working at the computer all day. Most enjoyable part is clocking out at the end of the day.
Pros
Flexible schedule, remote
Cons
Eye strain
nope
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXDecember 13, 2017
overall good company, just runs you to the ground to see as many patients as possible within the day. only ever did evals and never worked with people after first eval.
Stressful and very past paced
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXNovember 27, 2017
They put the hospital out there as such a do gooder facility, but it is not that way for the employees. Especially if you are not an RN. It is hard to excel or move up the ladder for a clerical person. I worked there for almost 10 years and was let go due to ROF with no advance notice.
Pros
Cons
Many
Great employer
Ward Clerk/Patient Acct Rep/MHT/CNA (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXOctober 3, 2017
They ensure the quality of there service through there exceptional core values...The mission and vision statement is why I stayed there so long. Definately, I will go back.
Pros
all good
Cons
unfair managers
Poor
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXSeptember 16, 2017
Spohn cuts hours and there are minimal incentives to stay. Bonuses have been taken away, raises are also the bare minimum. Morale is low when so many benefits that were once in place keep being taken away slowly. Managers are made to take over more than one department even if the department isn't their specialty.
Pros
Insurance
Acute Care
DIRECTOR OF CARDIAC TELEMETRY (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 30, 2017
Wonderful not for profit faith based hospital system. The culture is truly faith based and it was a pleasure working there. We were allowed to care for our patients.
financial analyst
Controller-CHRISTUS Spohn Shoreline (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJuly 5, 2017
Employees were expected to work at a very fast pace and work weekends on short notice if new projects came up. This made it difficult to plan family time, vacations and achieve a workable work/life balance.
Good team work there
Hospital Chaplain Resident (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMay 23, 2017
The department is supportive with each other. Friendly environment across different department. It is a Catholic Healthy System. The priests are very caring and helpful.
Fast paced work schedule
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMay 17, 2017
A fast pace working schedule, the employees and doctors are friendly and easy to work with. Although it is a county hospital the Board and management are easy to work with.
Research/Student Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXDecember 9, 2015
do not wish to comment on this organization and review. Big company in multiple locations. Best place to work in CC.
Work in groups .
Everyday has its entertaining moments
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Kingsville, TXOctober 13, 2015
My day typically starts off with a walk around the hospital to see who is on shift and also lets the customers know that a security officer is around. The hardest part of my job is to hold a parent back out of the way of the nurses and doctors whom are trying to save their child. My co-workers are great and take care of each other and are flexible with shift changes. I enjoy meeting people the most.
Pros
Nice pay, less stressful than military
Cons
dealing with violent people who dont care if they hurt anyone.
Great Place to work, however not everyone is held accountable
Laundry Manager (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXSeptember 24, 2015
For Support Services departments within Christus Spohn Health System, everything is good for the most part, plenty of support and resources provided by the ADMIN team to provide excellent service to patients.

However, EVS, ENG, FNS, and BIOMED are managed to different 3rd party vendors that are not measured/held accountable effectively.

EVS (HHS) and ENG (CBRE) are the worst ones that do not provide adequate services and are very difficult to work with.

In short, fun work place with supportive management, not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape and politics, however this is expected in most big companies.
Pros
Great Work/Life Balance
Cons
Uncertain as to job stability
The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing we make a difference in the lives of those we serve.
Regional Program Manager (Current Employee) –  South TexasSeptember 14, 2015
The collaboration and teamwork at CHRISTUS Spohn is a key factor in how they deliver safe, reliable and compassionate care, every day.
Pros
teamwork, sense of ownership by the front-line
Cons
ongoing pressures of resource reduction
Great health system
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJune 25, 2015
Pay and benefits are good. I enjoyed working at the different campuses. They are very professional and courteous. I enjoyed working with all of my co workers. They made the day more enjoyable.
Very rewarding oppertunity
Unit Secretary/ CNA (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXApril 9, 2015
My experience working at Christus Spohn Health System was very rewarding. It was a great place to work, it felt like I mattered. its great to have a job you enjoy going to and its even more rewarding when you make a difference in others lives.
Pros
flexable schedule
Excellent place to gain experience
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMarch 8, 2015
Wide exposure to Acute care in all areas (ortho, neuro, renal, amputee, cardiac..), also opportunities to float to the hospital's HBNF and Rehab. Excellent place to work.
Pros
Great benefits, education opportunities
Exceptional
MANAGER RADIOLOGY (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXSeptember 2, 2014
Typical day Mon thru Fri with occasional weekends and calls after hours. Staff was family oriented, hardest part was juggling 60+ associates to be happy all at one time. Overall, I enjoyed working with staff and helping patients.
Pros
Working with a family oriented personnel
Cons
Not enough Transparency among Leadership and Management
Productive and family type work place
Procurement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJuly 10, 2014
Typical work day starts at 8a-4:30p Monday through Friday. No weekend which is a plus for employee to spend quality family time. Co-works are like a family since we spend more time at work with each other they just become a little work family. The hardest part of the job is taking time out to go to family sports, school activities, especially being a single parent. Enjoyable part is when you complete you orders for the work week with no problems and the deliver complete. having no exceptions on your weekly exception report or backorder report.
Pros
Breaks, lunches, continuing education
Cons
Family time, health Insurance
Fast-paced and fulilling work in the Emergency Room
PATIENT ACCESS REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJune 12, 2014
I was fulfilled everyday in my position in the ER. It was a fast-paced environment that allowed me to learn quickly and become incredibly efficient. I felt like I was personally making a difference in the experience of the patients. I enjoyed that I was part of a team, but was also able to operate on my own when necessary. The most enjoyable part of my job was patient interaction.