CHRISTUS Spohn Health System Employee Reviews in United States

Great Place to work, however not everyone is held accountable
Laundry Manager (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXSeptember 24, 2015
For Support Services departments within Christus Spohn Health System, everything is good for the most part, plenty of support and resources provided by the ADMIN team to provide excellent service to patients.

However, EVS, ENG, FNS, and BIOMED are managed to different 3rd party vendors that are not measured/held accountable effectively.

EVS (HHS) and ENG (CBRE) are the worst ones that do not provide adequate services and are very difficult to work with.

In short, fun work place with supportive management, not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape and politics, however this is expected in most big companies.
Pros
Great Work/Life Balance
Cons
Uncertain as to job stability
Great health system
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJune 25, 2015
Pay and benefits are good. I enjoyed working at the different campuses. They are very professional and courteous. I enjoyed working with all of my co workers. They made the day more enjoyable.
Everyday has its entertaining moments
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Kingsville, TXOctober 13, 2015
My day typically starts off with a walk around the hospital to see who is on shift and also lets the customers know that a security officer is around. The hardest part of my job is to hold a parent back out of the way of the nurses and doctors whom are trying to save their child. My co-workers are great and take care of each other and are flexible with shift changes. I enjoy meeting people the most.
Pros
Nice pay, less stressful than military
Cons
dealing with violent people who dont care if they hurt anyone.
Excellent place to gain experience
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMarch 8, 2015
Wide exposure to Acute care in all areas (ortho, neuro, renal, amputee, cardiac..), also opportunities to float to the hospital's HBNF and Rehab. Excellent place to work.
Pros
Great benefits, education opportunities
The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing we make a difference in the lives of those we serve.
Regional Program Manager (Current Employee) –  South TexasSeptember 14, 2015
The collaboration and teamwork at CHRISTUS Spohn is a key factor in how they deliver safe, reliable and compassionate care, every day.
Pros
teamwork, sense of ownership by the front-line
Cons
ongoing pressures of resource reduction
Very rewarding oppertunity
Unit Secretary/ CNA (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXApril 9, 2015
My experience working at Christus Spohn Health System was very rewarding. It was a great place to work, it felt like I mattered. its great to have a job you enjoy going to and its even more rewarding when you make a difference in others lives.
Pros
flexable schedule
High paced, multi-tasking, rewarding place to work
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Memoral & Shorline Corpus Christi, TXAugust 5, 2013
The morning starts at 3am to perform venipunctures to obtain blood samples for laboratory testing. Processed specimens and prepared for various departments. Helped implement practice's quality assurance and control program using the Core Values of Christus Spohn Hospital. Management team is very down to earth and available to all when needed. Management showed and acknowledged good work. The hardest part of my job is when a patient expired. The most enjoyable time to me was being a part of a team that worked hard and met goals implemented by management.
Pros
great food for lunch, awesome people to work with.
Cons
short lunches
very supportive working environment
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMay 9, 2014
High standards in giving service to patients. My unit work as a team, I did not find a hard time working with them. Hardest part of the job is dealing with patients who have mentally issues - they try to be physical. They will test your patience, other than that I had fun in my workplace. If not for school and career advancement I will not quit my job because I love taking care of people who needs my understanding, patience and most especially my care.
Productive and family type work place
Procurement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJuly 10, 2014
Typical work day starts at 8a-4:30p Monday through Friday. No weekend which is a plus for employee to spend quality family time. Co-works are like a family since we spend more time at work with each other they just become a little work family. The hardest part of the job is taking time out to go to family sports, school activities, especially being a single parent. Enjoyable part is when you complete you orders for the work week with no problems and the deliver complete. having no exceptions on your weekly exception report or backorder report.
Pros
breaks, lunches, continuing education
Cons
family time, health insurance
Exceptional
MANAGER RADIOLOGY (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXSeptember 2, 2014
Typical day Mon thru Fri with occasional weekends and calls after hours. Staff was family oriented, hardest part was juggling 60+ associates to be happy all at one time. Overall, I enjoyed working with staff and helping patients.
Pros
working with a family oriented personnel
Cons
not enough transparency among leadership and management
Fast-paced and fulilling work in the Emergency Room
PATIENT ACCESS REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJune 12, 2014
I was fulfilled everyday in my position in the ER. It was a fast-paced environment that allowed me to learn quickly and become incredibly efficient. I felt like I was personally making a difference in the experience of the patients. I enjoyed that I was part of a team, but was also able to operate on my own when necessary. The most enjoyable part of my job was patient interaction.
It is what it is
Director of Pharmacy Services (Former Employee) –  Corpus ChristiMay 21, 2014
A typical community hospital. Learned about ministry. Management is not inspired. Co workers are great. Hardest part of the job is hours. Most enjoyable part are the patients.
Nice place to work
Human Resources Specialist/Generalist (Former Employee) –  Beeville, TXApril 18, 2012
Assisting managers with issues regarding policy. Monitoring all time and reporting to managers employees missing time on record. Attending to FMLA paperwork and follow-ups on staff currently on that leave. Other general office needs. The hardest part of the job was being part time and feeling like I could never get things done. I am the kind of person who gives 200% on a job.
Pros
staff was excellent
Cons
part time
Christus SPOHN Health System
Human Resource Intern (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJune 10, 2013
.Phone screen, job processing, recruit
.Gained recruiting skills
.Co-workers trained and became my mentors
.Recruiting in a short period of time was the hardest part of the job
.The most enjoyable part of the job was recruiting individuals at job fairs
Productive and Fun workplace
Credentialing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJanuary 2, 2013
CHRISTUS was a relaxed atmosphere. We all loved being competitive and again i enjoy credentialing. This was in a hospital setting.
Pros
awesome boss
Cons
pay was not high enough
Great place to learn and grow
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXAugust 23, 2013
I was lucky enough to be offered a position there and learned so much. CSHS is highly regarded in the community and I enjoyed my time there.
Fun place to work
TOIAP Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMarch 20, 2014
Learned a lot while employed at Christus. Worked with an awesome team.

4.4