Christus Spohn Employee Reviews

it was a great place to work for and i had great team and i kept 98 percent of my employees for the entire time i worked there
Corporate Exe. Chef (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXApril 1, 2016
i worked there for 11 years and had the greatest time and staff to go with it. my staff made me shine there. i learned to listen more closely to all my staff and then guide them and empower them to solve the daily problem as they come.i enjoyed the people i had work for and worked with.the only reason i left there was to open my dream place...
Pros
I looked forward of anything coming my way.I had the greatest boss and the staff to handle anything.
Cons
i finally had to ended and open my dream palce
RN CHARGE EVENINGS (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMarch 23, 2016
Very supportive team,long term employment benefits.I worked there for almost 7 years and my benefits were goood and there were many that stayed till retirement.
N/a
Patient Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXSeptember 15, 2014
Learned many different skills. The hardest was the hours I worked.
Emergency Room Nurse high acuity
Emergency Room/ICU/CCU/ House Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXDecember 20, 2013
Excellent learning environment, high acuity of patients. enhanced critical care skills. Great team work ethics by the nurses.
Pros
learning enviroment
Cons
compensation
The people are great, management is disconnected
RN (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXNovember 7, 2013
The people are amazing but unless you are one of the "good old boys" you are never going to advance your career.
Pros
people
Cons
administration
I thought high school was bad!
Medical Records Analyst (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJune 19, 2013
Manger and coordinator in my opinion not on the same page, coordinator expects us to look at medical records as a legal document. She is so right, they are! And manger wants her records pretty! I had to get a dr note so I may use the rest room during working hours ( besides lunch& breaks ) only to be told I didn't need it when was clearly told I did need one, if I needed to leave my desk to use the restroom. I was sent home for not meeting my inches, while another prepper was aloud to finish her hours, in a different department even tho she didn't finish her inches! Lots of favoritism in my option. I personally on day one was told things like "WECOME to hell" "and be careful don't trust anyone" , well I think that's sums it up, I do need to say that not all is bad out side that office I met loving caring good people!!! If only this department was ran by Christus Sponhn core values it would have been one of the best places to work.
Pros
out side the office people were friendly, caring, and most of th time greeting others with a smile
Cons
training was awful, there wasn't any set ways, what was right for one wasn't always right for the other
wasn't great working experience like I was told by manager.
EVS Tech (Former Employee) –  SouthJanuary 13, 2013
Was excited to work here,because of all the great things I was told by management example:team work,is the most sanitized environment,treat each other like family.Was all wrong.I have been in detail cleaning business for 10+ years and by observing employees & the cleaningness of the facility it was by far from sanitized.Very few good working people,most were lazy,complained and talked bad about others in same department.Manager never seemed to be around nor supervisor 2nd & 3rd shifts.Spoke with manager & administration,don't know if anythig was done.Worked with company 4 mon. was not told at hire that I needed a flu shot and was terminated by supervisor not manager by voicemail.If told in interview I would still have my old job and not be unemployed.Thought I could help patients by giving them a sanitized place to get better in.Was told by employees that the only time the hospital gets clean well is when inspection comes around twice a year.Only was appreciated by a couple employees in the good work that I was doing.I think I could still help by telling family's not to go to Spohn South.
Pros
working around friendly staff
Cons
working in dirty and non sanitized facility
Poor management
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXDecember 27, 2012
I was hired to help lead a team on a new step-down unit which they were building as of this May,2012(it was supposed to be completed within a month of hire- as of this date it still isn't). Management put me in the ICU cause I had experience in the Trauma Care unit in Michingan. I was fine with the patient care, just needed to learn their system and new computer charting that the staff were still struggling with. I had a preceptor who was less experienced than I and she didn't like me questioning her rationale's for her decisions. The staff was very unprofessional with their language and attitude towards new hires. The hardest part of my day was not knowing my assignment or future schedule. The most enjoyable part of my day was taking well care of my patient's without any significant events.
Pros
the type of nurse i don't ever want to be
Cons
working in the icu was a nice refresher
First experience in the healthcare field
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXDecember 9, 2012
This experience encouraged me to continue with my nursing career as I was changing careers from IT to RN. My original unit manager was amazing, always positive, ready to assist, teach, and encourage her staff as well as the patients. She was truly what every manager should aspire to be and will continue to be my inspiration. It was a huge loss when she transferred to another floor.

2.9