christus Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Rewarding Place to work, friendly environment
Environmental Services Assistant (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, LAJanuary 27, 2013
My day at work starts with greetings and preparing my housekeeping carts for cleaning and disinfecting the patients's rooms and cleaning and disinfecting other areas of the hospital in accordance with high hospital cleaning standards. I enjoy what I do, therefore there is no hard part of the job for me.
CHRISTUS has been a good company to work for. Benefits are good, Work environment is good. Pay is about average. Their Core Values are good.
Health, Services Life Cycle Architect (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 24, 2013
For a Solutions Architect at CHRISTUS, the day consists of research and writing designs for IT systems. Significant time is spent with the Project Managers helping them understand and manage their projects. Management is supportive. The Architect team has been stable with little turnover so the team is very cohesive. Designs are a cooperative effort. There is a formal peer review. The hardest part of the job is waiting on approvals when there are deadlines to be met. The best part is the people. There are many really great people that work at CHRISTUS. They are very good at what they do and are very pleasant to be around.
Pros
flexibility and great work environment
Cons
meeting healthcare regulations
A true ministry
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 11, 2014
CHRISTUS is the only place I know where you can be "openly" Christian and work to provide healing to patients. The nurses are amazing and the team environment is real. It is also the only hospital where I know the senior leadership by name. They truly care for their employees.
Pros
amazing team
Innovative , Challenging and Fun
Manager of Children's Services (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 27, 2013
Planned, imoplemented day to day opersations of a well care facility and sick care facility sponsored by corporate sponsorship. Marketing, public relations,
Pros
great pay, flexibility, great hours and travel
New and Innovative technologies
Application Analyst (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 12, 2012
Wonderful learning experience; close knit family of co workers.
Pros
new technologies, co worker
Cons
sporadic on call schedule
Very healthy enviornment.
Wait Staff Server (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXAugust 13, 2014
Fun to talk and serve the elderly. however they weren't always very friendly.
A great place to work
Pt Access Rep III (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXJune 24, 2014
I work in Business Services and I love my job... I have great co-workers and management...
Irving Texas Corprate Office - Medicare - Collections, Validation, Billing
Medicare Biller, Validator and Collector (Current Employee) –  Irving, TxMay 7, 2014
Christus Health corporate office was a good place to work but has significantly gotten worse over the past year. I can only speak to the Medicare department though.

I was relocated from another Christus facility in 2013 and am only reviewing the Corporate Office in Irving, Texas.

The building itself is very, very nice.

Security team is great.

Pay - Average range is 15 to 17 dollars per hour.

Team Lead Pay - A team lead is not a "real position" at Christus. You are payed one extra dollar per hour for hours worked. You do not get the additional dollar per hour for PTO or during overtime.

Some of the medicare management does not treat white employees fairly.

Managers in the Medicare department have no experience
within Medicare and do not have any basic understanding of how Medicare works Vs. commercial insurance. This causes huge communication issues.

Management is almost never available to answer questions. E-mails go unanswered or are ignored.

You have no paid holidays. You must use use your PTO in order to be off for holidays.

Medical and Dental is not the best but not the worst.

HIPPA regulations are not followed. Documents lay out, you can see everyone's screens and hard copy claims are left out.

Most of the lower level people are great to work with.

Chistus Health is a Catholic based non profit. They have a church and prayer rooms within the office building. You are not allowed to use them during work hours though.
Pros
nice building, co-workers are great
Cons
pay, disrespectful managment