Chromalloy Employee Reviews

Great people at this company
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 3, 2016
The people at Chromalloy are really great. Management is really good too. Compensation is low and there is a lot of turnover.
good place to work
Quality Control Airmotive Parts Inspector (Former Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TXJune 20, 2016
I received in parts, process them in the system. Inspect them and moved them to production. This is done before lunch. After lunch I inspected final parts and inspected them . I got along well with my co-workers. Management had a problem with lack of communication.
There was some favoritism . We often had meeting with food.
Pros
vacation benifits
Cons
a lot of play favorite coworkers, not enough overtime
horrible
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTMay 25, 2016
the management team there was so weak they lied about giving me a new position and then they told me the position was not gonna happen because they didn't need it
the shipping and receiving manager is a complete bigot he is lazy and they expect 1 person to do all the work
Pros
holiday bonus
Cons
pay is terrible and management is lazy
Poor work environment
Production Supervisor / Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 11, 2016
Would not recommend a position at this company unless things have drastically changed (doubt it!!!). Always on edge at this place.
used to be a good place to work
Shipping / Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Carson City, NVMarch 9, 2016
This company used to be a good place to work, but new managment took over and it turns very unstable and hard to work for it.
n/a
Painter (Current Employee) –  Newnan, GANovember 4, 2015
chromalloy is a great company to work for good starting pay and decent benfits but they do have some very long hours. Hr leaves much to be desired
Productive work enviorment
Accounts Payable Manager (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTOctober 21, 2015
I was given a monthly budget from the CEO, and I was trusted to stay within or below that budget. With my position and the Accounts Receivable Manager we managed to help the company employees receive quarterly bonuses by staying below budgets and above in receivables.
Pros
Indepedability
Cons
1 hour commute
good workforce
Operations (Current Employee) –  Orangeburg, NYSeptember 7, 2015
Parent company really needs to figure out where they are going.
People are dedicated and have a great deal of knowledge in technical manufacturing processes
Cons
long hours and weekend work.
Busy and High energy.
Production Planner (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 1, 2015
The company was very bust]y at times and we seemed to have all our eggs only in 2 baskets. When the business cycle drops, layoffs were certain.
you are able to train and learn a great deal from the management team on aerospace and lean methodology.

High tech products with a very complex process flow.

Great place to work.
Pros
Management, Customers, and product
Cons
Layoffs and budiness input
Human Resource Assistant
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Carson City, NVJune 27, 2015
o Developing and creating volunteering opportunities and community activities.
o Ensuring information was clear and relevant regarding upcoming events, policies.
o Completing state employment surveys and constructing policies, fillable forms and documents.
o Cataloging weekly attendance, processing requests for time off, vacation and personal leave.
o Verifying weekly time cards for accuracy and correcting mistakes before hours were pushed to payroll.
o Recruiting applicants for open positions, conducting background checks and setting interviews for eligible candidates.
Pros
lunch, great coworkers
Cons
Temporary
Not a good environment
Production Lead/EDM Operator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 26, 2015
Long hours, I didn't learn anything at all. They don't pay well and management only cares about themselves. Co-workers are ok for the most part.
productive
Grit Blaster (Former Employee) –  phxMay 12, 2015
grit blast parts for airplanes engings. put the in a hit tint for prep. masked the parts. everyone was great getting along with
Not a good job in my opinion
Aircraft Welder (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 25, 2015
I hated working for this company. Low wages coupled by a work load filled with repetitious jobs. If you don't have a mind or you can become nothing more then a machine doing the same thing 1000+ times a day, every single day. Then you would do great here
Pros
Cons
Everything, don't take my word for it
Great Team Leadership
Human Resource Business Partner (Current Employee) –  Carson City, NVMarch 24, 2015
High level leadership team focuses and excels in driving this business to reach and exceed goals. We have many team building activities, as well as a rec room on site.
Management top heavy
Polisher Blender (Current Employee) –  Chromalloy Arizona, CAZFebruary 21, 2015
3 Quality managers, no engineering manager, unusual HR policies at times, lack of proper training, gated parking keeps your vehicle from being stolen, inmates control the asylum. If you like to get a lot of overtime and do nothing it’s a great place. Otherwise CAZ is just another mismanaged company where supervisors report unachievable performance percentages as achieved.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
management need work
Always busy but always enjoy working.
Payroll Specialist (Current Employee) –  Gardena, CANovember 4, 2014
A daily target work start on email where if there are top priority work assignment. Followed with update supervisor/manager list then scheduled task to complete. I learned a few ways to win win employee payroll communications. Respect and professional interaction plays a vital role to a manageable department where there's hectic and rough dicisions made. The hardest part of my job is when error come to play. Shortcut monitoring of payroll process is a big No. Always, audit work, always and double checking. The the enjoyable part of payroll is a result of free errors.
Overall Exceptional Company
Welder (Former Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TXOctober 14, 2014
Over-all this company has a very good, safety-oriented, work environment. The benefits and hours are good too but overtime can be unpredictable. Management is very good at keeping in touch with the working man in this company so don't be afraid of talking with them about any concerns. Also, all the workers are friendly and helpful.

This is a very good company to work with on a contractual and temp basis. However, due to the unpredictability of the work load, long term goals in the company can be shaky at best. If you are flexible and are willing to branch out into other job duties, (cross-training is mandatory), then this is the job for you.
Pros
very professional/friendly atmosphere. the benefits and hours are steady.
Cons
very unpredictable industry, can lead to unpredictable overtime and can make it hard to land a permanent position.
Company closing location
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CAAugust 20, 2014
Location is closing but the employees were all very positive and cooperative. Some confusion due to management's lack of closing procedure.
Poor Management
Material Handler / Shipping and receiving (Former Employee) –  tampa flAugust 10, 2014
I worked here and was harassed on a daily basis by a toxic employee who the manager I worked for covered up the incidents for him.

The Management I experienced in the shipping area was bias and rarely included HR in employee disputes fearing that they would loose this miserable human being that nobody wanted to do his job and management knew it.

Other than that the other 98 % of my co-workers were good people.
Pros
i met good people
Cons
very bad management and they send people home when there is no work.
Solid engineering company
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 29, 2014
Operations manager for the OEM coating business, my first interaction with the platinum aluminide coating business. Solid work force, very motivted

2.6