Chromalloy

Chromalloy Employer Reviews

Poor Management
Material Handler / Shipping and receiving (Former Employee), tampa flAugust 10, 2014
Pros: i met good people
Cons: very bad management and they send people home when there is no work.
I worked here and was harassed on a daily basis by a toxic employee who the manager I worked for covered up the incidents for him.

The Management I experienced in the shipping area was bias and rarely included HR in employee disputes fearing that they would loose this miserable human being that nobody wanted to do his job and management knew it.

Other – more... than that the other 98 % of my co-workers were good people. – less
Solid engineering company
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 29, 2014
Operations manager for the OEM coating business, my first interaction with the platinum aluminide coating business. Solid work force, very motivted
great job till you can find another.
Balance Operator (Former Employee), Phoenix Az.July 27, 2014
Pros: great co workers
Cons: lack of quality
No chance for growth.Work wasn't there to stay busy.Rotating components.
High pressure and overworked employees that put out a great product.
Engineer (Former Employee), Phoenix, ArizonaJune 26, 2014
Pros: talented production people
Cons: management
Employees are dedicated and work long hours to put out a quality product. Great opportunity to move up within the company and learn new skills.
Interesting work repairing aviation components.
Waterjet Operator - Level 3 (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 15, 2014
Pros: long lunch
Cons: short breaks
My day included a member meeting with responsibilities for the day.
Running a Robotically CNC program to strip coatings, following all necessary paperwork and reading blue print drawings. Maintaining the machine daily maintenance requirements.
I learned to work with a team, supporting all departments to achieve customer quality requirements.
The hardest – more... part of my job was back tracking to obtain proper work instructions not in the paperwork.
I really enjoyed creating new programs and executing them. It made me proud of my work. – less
the company profile is manufacturing part the pieces to aiplane
Quality Control, Visual Inspector (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJune 2, 2014
Pros: cultural diversity
Cons: the heathcare insuranse changed every years for to less coverger
I would change the Organization and the Administration cannot get good results of production if the leader of the group not this well trained and do not have professional studies
Great Company
Metal Worker (Former Employee), Carson City, NVMay 12, 2014
Very strict with policies, great co workers, interested in the airplane parts.
Sometimes it was hard to keep such a strict concentration but after while you would forget it and be concentrating without any problem.
Has new challenges along with discovering new and improved procedures.
Production Supervisor (Former Employee), Carson City NevadaApril 9, 2014
Pros: we gave ge a run for their money in the areo space repair bussiness
Cons: 50 to 60 hour weeks, 6 and 7 days a week
1)Supervisors meeting to review daily needs, product movement and customer commitments. To relay and assign personal to meet these commitments. Review and report all problems and reworks to management and engineering along with solutions using Excel spreed sheet and charts. Ordering and pickup of daily supplies for my departments to complete there task.
2)Team – more... work and time management is very important in the competitive business.
3)Fair and demanding, they informed use of their needs and we as supervisors had to get it done . what ever it took.
4)Over the years we learn each others strong and weak points we also learned when to step back or when to dive in to get the job done. Along with when we were having a good or bad day.
5)Terminating employment of a co-worker.
6)Completing and/or exceeding customers completion due date.
Figuring out a faster,better or leaner way to complete our process and repair procedures. – less
Can't complaint I own a house thanks to cny
former inspector (Former Employee), Chromalloy,nyFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: lots of holidays, sick days and floaters
Cons: short lunch but ok
So many critics I've read and heard about cny, but they will go back as soon as they call them back. and why not! beside the laid off that normally come unpredictable, the pay is fair, the overtime is fair and all the supervisors and managers are fair to everyone. I will go back anytime they call me.
very good
Metallurgical Engineer (Former Employee), OklahomaJanuary 21, 2014
test, meetings, repair process, co-workers are nice. this job is my major so I enjoyed very much!
Great management and learning opportunites
Entry Level Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee), Gardena, CAJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: great job culture
Cons: short term position
Review processes in the repair of gas turbine components. I learned the different basic repair processes for metal components exposed to heat and other elements. Management was easy-going and helped you with your position even though there was no specific training. Co-workers, like me, were young and inexperienced temporary workers. The hardest part – more... of the job included meeting customer deadlines, while the most enjoyable part of the job was gaining engineering professionalism. – less
The job was very challenging with new and different problems to solve.
Metrology Manager (Former Employee), Palm Beach Gardens, FLJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: very nice work enviornment, clean and quiet.
Cons: job secuity has been an issue since i first started.
The Metrology dept. would complete the appropriate work scope requested by the project manager. It could be optical scanning for reverse engineering or comparing an engine run part to an OEM part. The same procedure may be run on the CMM for greater accuracy or for compliance to specifications. Perform necessary calibrations.

I have learned to use – more... some of the latest data acquisition technology, including the software to analyze the acquired data.

Management has been going thru many changes over the last few years. I am never sure which direction the company is taking.

My co-workers were all hard working, dedicated and friendly people.

The hardest part of the job was the fast turn around times needed. I had to get the job done quickly, but more important the data had to be correct.

The most enjoyable part of the job was being left alone to do my job. The hours were also flexible. – less
good company to work for
Inspector (Former Employee), Winsor,ctDecember 5, 2013
It was a fun place to work. good people to work with, others were not so nice.days were hard but enjoyable
busy!
Associate (Former Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 16, 2013
Pros: overtime
Cons: sometimes having to work through lunch
A really great company, very busy and fun! The management was great and the staff was an amazing group of women.
nothing
Senior Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee), orange burg, NYSeptember 30, 2013
its not fun to work this place,many times, the changes the management, but the good thing was about the company is flexible schedule.
Great Job. Absolutley no security
Production worker (Former Employee), Orangeburg, NYJuly 6, 2013
The company is going through a transitional period of ownership. Very few contracts. Union, benefits, excellent pay, overtime, vacation, holiday pay. Would be my perfect job if they could keep the door open.
no safety to work at this company.
Production Worker (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 25, 2013
3 days a week 12 hours a days , co-workers no friendly. company no safety and very dirty.
Like my job,not the drive,need more money or closer job to home.
Level 2 wax injection specialist (Current Employee), Tampa, FLMay 29, 2013
Pros: air conditioned year round.
Cons: 50 mile drive each way.
Lots of hi-tech injection machines,make various products out of wax.
good place to work
Department Supervisor (Former Employee), windsor ctMarch 6, 2013
Pros: pay scale
Cons: mangement was off the wall a lot of yelling and screaming
in at 6:30 am some days there till 10:00 or 11:pm but the pay was good i started as a employee and work up to department supervisor and made good money if you had the skills they wanted they pay
Learned a lot
Tool and Die Maker (Current Employee), Midwest City, OKFebruary 1, 2013
Pros: free coffee
Cons: layoffs
Loved the job hated the layoffs ,learned a lot about aerospace liked the people and the atmospere.

About Chromalloy

Chromalloy Gas Turbine's services are more than metallic skin deep. A jet engine services company, Chromalloy provides gas turbine – Read more