Chrysalis Employee Reviews in United States

Very good at telling client story, low execution of assisting client to self-sufficiency
Strategic Program Advisor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 19, 2016
Assisted the project team with identifying areas of improvement, learned that small organizations have strong politics with addressing poor performance, management is routine, co-workers were exhausted and frustrated with leadership and lack of change/improvement - they were dedicated staff with limited authority to improve their work, the hardest part of my job was having to move in the direction of the leadership team which was in the opposite direction of the recommendations I provided - based on surveys, data and consumer feedback, the most enjoyable part of my job was witnessing a client successfully completing services.
Pros
Within walking distance to my home, met life long friends
Cons
Lack of leadership
Fun work place with the opportunity for personal growth
Direct Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTMay 1, 2016
I learned alot about my self during this job as well as the meaning of patience and compassion. I liked working here alot other than the fact that some managers are terrible and dont take their work seriously
Pros
change in routine regularily
Cons
short breaks
odd how the dificult part of the job isnt the job.
Care giver (Current Employee) –  Saint George, UTNovember 19, 2015
Generally Chrysalis is an easy going place to work, The hours arnt usually bad and its fairly easy to earn promotions and the work isnt usually difficult for new comers. the client houses are generaly well kept. That said the members of the staff that work in the office as opposed to in the houses seem to be, For the most part ither ill informed or generally lazy. they seem to hire anyone, and the complications of poor or incompetent staff are irksome to say the least. not to mention the lack of support for the house staff in most situations
Pros
easy to manage time wise and easy to get hired.
Cons
bad communication and ill defined work criteria
fun clients but demanding hours
Direct Support Trainer (Former Employee) –  Carson City, NVNovember 16, 2015
While working at chrysalis I loved what I did and the rewards I recieved from helping my clients. But management was horrible. I would have to work 16 hour shifts when I was only scheduled for 8 on a near constant basis. There was a time when I would have to sleep in my car so that I wouldnt fall asleep on the drive home. While yes the job itself is rewarding but the pay just isnt worth the trouble. Especially when as a christmas bonus for the year all you get is a company tshirt.
Pros
fun clients, great outings
Cons
no benifits until at least a year, bad management, high turnover rate.
Hard work for little pay off.
Direct Support Proffesional (Former Employee) –  Cedar City, UTApril 21, 2016
Pay was not worth the work and stress involved.
Hours were terrible and not consistent.
Felt that management saw the job as nothing more then a paycheck and did not care about clients or employees.
Pros
Occasionally paid to go on trips
Cons
Managment
Pretty good
Direct Support Staff (Former Employee) –  North Las Vegas, NVJanuary 4, 2016
Chrysalis was a pretty good job. The managers were very helpful, the hours were flexible. The only negative things are that there were no benefits until you were an employee for a year and there wasn't much room for advancement.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
No benefits for a year
Fun and Fulfilling place to work
Staff Member (Current Employee) –  Saint George, UTOctober 14, 2015
I love working at Chrysalis. I have learned alot of patience and have become a better person in working with the individuals in the program. Chrysalis is a wonderful company that is very flexible, and I enjoy spending time with the individuals and becoming friends with those that I work with.
Pros
Great work place, personal benefits you can gain
Cons
You never know the amount of hours you will get each week
Chrysalis
Employment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 2, 2016
Chrysalis is a fun and exciting place to work. The benefits are great and the atmosphere is welcoming and inviting. My co workers are open and nice. The management team looks out for your best interest.
help troubled teens
TREATMENT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALApril 2, 2016
Help troubled teen girls turn their life around for the better. Teach the girls how to cook, shop, and the importance of getting their education
Easy and fun.
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Helper, UTMarch 21, 2016
It''s a very fun job, you get to participate in many of the activities and you learn a lot of life skills in the process. Great company to work for.
fun work place
Aide (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTMarch 7, 2016
it was a fun job and i loved the residents. They do fun activities and they are so much fun. its a good opportunity. they pay good. are also really good with the hours.
Poor management, neglection of clients, low pay
House Care Taker (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTSeptember 10, 2015
Slow work environment but very mentally straining and demanding, I had not felt safe due to work injuries caused by clients. Management had not provided help with clients and also poorly cared for their employees.
Pros
Free lunches, good coworkers
Cons
Poor management, low pay, stressful work place
Challenging but rewarding
Direct Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Cedar City, UTAugust 12, 2015
A typical day began with arriving, not knowing if the clients were in a good mood or a bad mood. Sometimes, they would want to stay inside the house and relax, other times they would want to go out on an activity. We as a staff are there to support them, which means doing what they would like to do for the most part, however, we still have to make sure they complete their goals. I learned a lot with this job. it wasn't always easy, especially when a client would get upset, or aggressive. This job made me realize exactly what I want to do with my career.
Usually understaffed
Direct Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Price, UTNovember 12, 2015
They seem to be always understaffed, because of poor advancement options and difficult work environment. Very rewarding work, but it can be very difficult.
Pros
rewarding work
Cons
Long hours, understaffed
Loved the clients, good starting point in Health Care for me
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTJuly 6, 2015
This was a great initiating experience into patient care, dealing with severely mentally and physically handicapped individuals. I was trusted to act as an independent, self-monitored care provider for difficult patients and diffusing stressful situations, applying patience, a strong work ethic, and being a collaborative team contributor.
Fun workplace
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, UTJuly 14, 2015
Typical day at work included housekeeping, teaching skills, spending time with clients. Learned how to chart, co-workers were great.
Management wasn't as professional as you'd like them to be, but they were nice. Most enjoyable part of the job was helping people.
Pros
Helping others
Cons
Graveyard shift was all that was available
Very rewarding.
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Logan, UtahJuly 19, 2015
I loved working here while I did because of the relationships I formed with the clients. I was with them more than I was with people in my personal life so I was very comfortable spending time with them. The hardest part was working graveyard shifts. I loved my coworkers and I knew that the clients were always in good hands.
Great working with individual's but the staff is rude !!
Direct care staff (Former Employee) –  Carson city officeSeptember 10, 2015
Bad pay, worst office staff. Unreachable,rude, only good thing was payed lunch and training. Cpr and first aid takes months to be mailed.
Pros
Payed lunch, easy work
Cons
Rude staff, bad pay
Enjoyed helping individuals on a daily basis complete goals.
Residential Manager (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, UTMay 21, 2015
The most enjoyable part of my job was to see my individuals smile and get excited when they completed a goal they had set.On a typical day I would take individuals to medical appointments, clean, plan meals, grocery shop, set medical appointments, make schedules for the staff I managed, help with daily living skills, cook, attend any behavior meetings that were set, paperwork, making copies,typing progress reports, and take them out on activities that they enjoyed. I learned that life is what you make it and to except everyone. My staff that I managed for seven years were great and an asset to the team.
Pros
Being such a big part of my clients lives.
Cons
Being on call constantly
Great peers and excellent management
Janitor/Custodian (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 19, 2015
- Signed in
- Signed for keys and equipment
- Washed windows
- Removed graffiti off walls
- Passed out care packages to the homeless
- Swept th sidewalks and curbs
- Emptied trash cans
Pros
Holiday bonuses
Cons
Distance and time spent away from home