Chrysalis Employee Reviews

Best job you'll ever have.
House Manager (Current Employee) –  Cedar City, UTAugust 29, 2016
Best place I have ever worked. I've met the best people working here, from the direct support staff, to managers, associates, all the way up to corporate this is a company that cares about its people. The pay isn't always worth the work but the company is always striving to increase it from the bottom up. Since I've been here the direct support staff (entry level) have seen two, one dollar raises. As well as a 100 dollar bonus to thank them for all their hard work. Working with the clients is tough but rewarding. You will not leave this job as the same person you were when you started. The clients are always progressing and bringing you along with them. Chrysalis is an wonderful company to work for and the beautiful clients will change you in ways you never thought possible but always for the better!
Pros
Flexible, great management, pay increases
Cons
Stressful
Best Work Culture
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Logan, UTJune 30, 2016
Fabulous job for students or those who prefer shift work. Chrysalis provides residential supports to adults with delays and assists them in becoming more independent in their goals. Occasionally this means doing laundry, washing dishes, helping with their homework, and anything else you of could do they can also do it.
This job includes showing up in casual clothing, helping someone build their life, have good experiences and making memories. You go home with a supportive culture around you and the satisfaction of legitimately making a difference for someone while getting paid (how cool!)
Even cooler, we are getting a raise!
Pros
Great training, honesty, integrity, FUN, higher pay rate, no office clothes
Cons
Long shifts, weekends/graves, possible high stress levels
Unprofessional management
Direct Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVDecember 28, 2016
Majority of management had no empathy for clients, and the management was very unorganized. I was often called in when other workers would not show up, and I was often made to cover unscheduled shifts or just left at work until someone else showed up.
Pros
Flexability of schedule
Cons
Salary
Positive, supportive place to work
Member of Development Team (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 17, 2016
Chrysalis has great services, a positive community reputation, and many phenomenal staff members who have been with the organization for 5+ and 10+ years.
Pros
Great benefits package, advancement opportunities
Well organized & a fun filled place to work
Facilities Technician (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTNovember 10, 2016
I work at a well maintained facility. All the staff respect each other & get along well. My day consist of light custodial duties. Maintaining & stocking inventory. Daily inspections, day to day tasks. When its busy we're non stop from beginning to the end. I work well with other. I multi-task throughout to a work filled day to satisfy the needs of Chrysalis Center.
Pros
Benifits and my job location a half a mile away from me.
Cons
No overtime
Great hours, house management and very rewarding
Direct Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Nephi, UTJanuary 31, 2017
Loved working for chrysalis , very clean work environment, staff and management in the group ho me were amazing to work with. The tasks that were required to work were farely simple and common everyday tasks..
Great college job
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTNovember 10, 2016
A typical day involves getting out with handicapped clients. Whether its taking them to play basketball or go to a game. You learn how to deal with high stress situations when clients lose control, and that is hard. But its very rewarding serving those with disabilities.
Pros
Rewarding, flexible schedule
Cons
High pressure at times, low salary
Excellent company!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Clinton, UTJune 29, 2016
This company truly cares about its employees! They are constantly offered different incentives and rewards to employees! Not to mention constant raises and promotions available as well! The individuals are great to work with and the job is easy and fun most of the time.
Pros
Constantly promotions and raises
Cons
Short staffed
Life changing career
Activity center manager (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTJune 30, 2016
Chrysalis is so much more than just a job. It's life changing. You have the opportunity to make a difference in people's lives every single day. The individuals that we serve are some of the most amazing people I've ever met. I look forward to going to work each day. And the company takes great care of their employees. They are really good at recognizing the things that we do. And they truly care about each and every employee. There are a lot of career opportunities. I plan to work for this company until I retire.
Very good at telling client story, low execution of assisting client to self-sufficiency
Strategic Program Advisor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 19, 2016
Assisted the project team with identifying areas of improvement, learned that small organizations have strong politics with addressing poor performance, management is routine, co-workers were exhausted and frustrated with leadership and lack of change/improvement - they were dedicated staff with limited authority to improve their work, the hardest part of my job was having to move in the direction of the leadership team which was in the opposite direction of the recommendations I provided - based on surveys, data and consumer feedback, the most enjoyable part of my job was witnessing a client successfully completing services.
Pros
Within walking distance to my home, met life long friends
Cons
Lack of leadership
fun
Direct Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTNovember 5, 2016
It was a fun workplace with many smiling faces. Everyone was very friendly and the management was great. They had great activities and a great sense of teamwork.
I loved working with chrysalis
Direct Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJanuary 30, 2017
Chrysalis taught me a lot things. I loved working in this kind of environment. It was nice knowing I was making a difference in people's life. There was never a day where I didn't leave with a smile on my face. I love working with people and teaching them things but also learning new things myself.
Making a difference working with people with disabilities
Direct Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Price, UTJanuary 4, 2017
Chrysalis was pretty good place to work. My job was to supervise clients with disabilities. Pretty easy job. The only downsize was there was one client that had anger issues and sometimes the staff could get physically harmed.
Pros
Making a difference with people with disabilities
Cons
sometimes had to deal with clients with anger issues
Good job for lazy people looking to make easy money
Direct Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVFebruary 2, 2017
High turnover rate. Fulfilling work with the house people you care for, but it can be extremely boring and repetitive. Scheduling time off is unreal and doesn't exist.
Pros
Easy money and time goes by fast.
Cons
Can be boring. Never get any time off that you need.
Best Job
Quality Assurance Manager (Current Employee) –  St. George, UTJune 30, 2016
This is the best job I have ever had. It is so funny! I have learned lessons that have improved my lifr in all aspects. If you are truly interested in making a difference daily in the live of people with intellectual disabilities, autism, or acquired brain injuries then this is the place. From the top level management to the bottom level, the leadership is top notch. I recommend this job to everybody.
Pros
Flexible schedules, treated excellently by management
Fun to work with the clients
Direct Support Staff (Former Employee) –  North Las Vegas, NVFebruary 24, 2017
Overall a great company to work for, had minor issues with the Staff being late to relieve my shift a few times. However any problems I had with the Staff I Stayed professional, bring that we were there to serve the clients.
Productive and fun
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WASeptember 12, 2016
Everything about this place was great. The food was delicious, the team culture was family oriented, the location is beautiful, and the environment was always up beat and fun.
Cons
One break
Rewarding Job that Opened my Eyes to another population
Associate Director (Current Employee) –  St. George, UTSeptember 21, 2016
Rewarding job working with individuals with disabilities. You get to do various activities with them such as bowling, fishing, hiking and other activities that interest them. You also get to help them with other daily activities such as hygiene and grocery shopping. It can be a stressful environment when they are having a bad day.
Pros
rewarding experiences. Learn a different side of people with intellectual disabilities.
Cons
Stressful. Requires patience.
fun and and exciting place to work.
Direct Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTFebruary 13, 2017
fun and and exciting place to work as well as providing a place where one's job can grow into a carrier. the ability to see the individuals grow in there social skills and well as interpersonal skills.
Pros
relaxed atmosphere
Cons
pay
subpar management, they set up the staff to fail rather then succed
Support Professional (Former Employee) –  St. George, UTDecember 30, 2016
Get to work and fill out paper work and clean the room of the day ie. Saturdays was cleaning the bathroom while i waited for the clients to get home from day program then help the client that needed help making dinner make dinner make sure they went to bed on time at 11pm and check on them through ou tthe night making sure they were still in their room and hadn't snuck out of their room and clean the kitchen and livingroom then read a book or something for the remainder of the night while checking on them every hour.

I learned how to be more paitent with people with mental handicaps and i learned how to diffuse a situation without needed to restrain anyone with SOAR techniques

management was very subpar, they told us that we should try to avoid letting clients do one thing then turn around and turn a blind eye when they do it and tell us to just let them do it, its all very confusing and inconsistant

co-workers were far and few between there was some very good co-workers that loved their job and did it well but there was alot of people i worked with that hated it and left within the first week because they thought they could just sit down and do nothing and get payed for it so there was a very high turnover rate

hardest part of the job was when a client was trying to run away and your the only staff on shift and there are two other clients in the house you cannt leave without supervision and you call the crisis team because you need them to go look for the client that left because you cannt and they dont pick up the phone and you have to call the branch manager
  more... at 3am to tell him that the crisis team isnt picking up and a little bit later you get a crisis team member who was obviously asleep and now mad at you for having a "crisis"

the most enjoyable part of the job is watching a client you have been working with emprove liek going from 100% supervision to having 4 hours of un-supervised time and holding down a job for a year and a half
Pros
got to take clients on activities
Cons
no breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chrysalis. Our community is ready to answer.