Chrysalis

Chrysalis Employee Reviews

Great for students
Direct Support Staff (Current Employee), Logan, UTMay 21, 2015
Pros: Flexible Hours
Cons: administration politics
It is a great company to work while a college student. The shifts vary but you typically don't work between 9 am to 3 pm. so you don't have to stress out over inner-twining work and school scheduling.
Decent Job
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee), Reno, NVApril 29, 2015
Pros: Paid lunch and breaks
Cons: Difficult individuals, terrible pay
I enjoyed working with the individuals I did and I learned many things. Compensation is not very good. Even if you have experience, they only start you off at minimum wage. Some managers are willing to work with your schedule while others will make you deal with it even if you have other obligations.
fun work place
Direct support Staff (Former Employee), Provo, UTApril 27, 2015
Pros: helping others and making a difference
Cons: low pay
assisting others in their day to day lives and medical needs, helping individuals become more independent in all areas of their day to day lives. The most enjoyable part of the jobs is being able to see the change and being apart of something big in someones life and being able to witness all the progress and achievements they make.
cargiving
Direct Support Staff (Former Employee), reno nvApril 3, 2015
Pros: rewarding job
Cons: difficult hours, very demanding
I monitored individuals with meals, and medicine. If an issue came up I had to handle it effectively and calmly. I cooked, cleaned and managed activities with three individuals. The staff and I made sure we went above and beyond and worked along the side of the state and the patients advocates.
Not Enough staffing
Manager (Current Employee), Provo, UTApril 2, 2015
not to much you can say if it was a place with being fully staffed it would be a great place to work. management is slow but only because of the short staff. You are able to learn a lot about patience and how to grow as a person to help others
Great Place
Receptionist (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 9, 2015
Pros: Positive place
Cons: Nothing
I loved working here, it was a positive environment and i learned a lot about Administrate Assistants. I love the workers, they put there heart and soul in all of there work.Great benefits and vacation time.
Support Specialist (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 3, 2015
It is a great place to work with like-minded individuals eager to help others. Everyone has a true passion to help those in need and to provide the best services to our clients.
Good work and good people.
Caregiver (Former Employee), Reno, NVMarch 3, 2015
Working with Chrysalis was a good experience for a entry level job. It teaches you about cooking,cleaning,hygiene and, to always be aware. The management differed from house to house that you would work at some being better than others but never so bad that you would want to quit. Hardest part of the job was when a client would get angry and try to assault fellow staff members. And the best part was when you would see your clients learning something or succeeding at something. Working always meant you had to clean the house at the beginning and end of the shift at least.
KFC was a good first job but not one that I wanted to stick with.
Direct Care (Current Employee), St. GeorgeFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: free food, fun working environment
Cons: going home smelling like chicken every night, having to work holidays
Working at KFC was fun. The people there were very enjoyable to work with and the managers made the balance between high school and working pretty simple. However as usual there were problems with the job that caused more stress towards the end of my senior year such as working late nights as well as working on holidays. it became hard to balance family time, working and studying for finals so i had to quit.
Horrible
Former house manager (Former Employee), Carson City, NVFebruary 2, 2015
Cons: the company is in business
This is a horrible company to work for. They will stab you in the back and only look at the individuals they care for as a dollar sign. I wouldn't applh of work for this company ever again. The use and mistreat their employees all the time.
Unpredictable environments with unpredictable people that can sometimes be strangely rewarding.
Direct Support Provider (Former Employee), Provo, UTJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: watching movies, playing games
Cons: very poor pay, high level of responsibility
Chrysalis expects a lot out of its employees, and pays them very little. I worked there for 2 years, got bit in the face, successfully used the trained restraining techniques, spent over a month working 60-80 hour weeks, never made a medical or paperwork error, helped train a new manager and acted as manager during a transitional period, and never received a raise. The management is by far the hardest part of the job. And the totally inflexible hours. All that aside, however, this is either the best or worst job depending on the individuals you serve. Some individuals are fun and nice, and love chilling out and watching movies. Some individuals require more attention than infants, and constantly nag and even threaten physical harm upon you. Sometimes clients escape and run down the street, and suddenly a hundred safety concerns are placed upon your shoulders. But it's nothing $8/hr can't fix (sarcasm). Typically those things don't happen, but once you've worked a couple years you will have seen it all.
Direct Care Staff
Direct Care Staff (Former Employee), Provo, UtahJanuary 25, 2015
Assisted clients with everyday activities
Cooking, Cleaning, Laundry
great work place
House manager (Former Employee), Provo, UTJanuary 21, 2015
Loved working with my clients and being able to help them learn and grow.
Great company to work for!
Manager (Current Employee), Provo, UTJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: scheduling for students
Cons: working holidays
Working here enabled me to get through college. My schedule was easy to rearrange according to my classes each semester.
I have been able to develop my management skills and overall professionalism.
I would recommend anyone to work for Chrysalis.
Laid back enviornment helping individuals in everyday life situations
Direct support staff (Current Employee), las vegas, nvDecember 28, 2014
Pros: helping individuals learn skills, free movies weekly, weekends off
Cons: salary, benefits
Help mentally challenged men learn day to day skills such as but not limited to cooking, cleaning, self medicating, personal hygiene, and performing in society.
The hardest part of the job is growing close to the guys and them being transferred to different areas and companies.
The most enjoyable part is teaching the guys skills and seeing them put it into daily routine.
This place opened my heart.
Direct Support Specialist (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVDecember 12, 2014
I worked with adults with special needs and really cared for my clients. Their day to day concerns became my day to day concerns. I learned to listen more and to have compassion for people in a way I felt I already had.
Easy and fun work environment
carevgiver (Current Employee), Provo, UTNovember 8, 2014
Pros: easy, friendly clients, etc.
Cons: not the best pay, sometimes boring.
Chrysalis is a fun environment to work in if you can handle taking care of individuals with disabilities.
Caregiver is the best
Caregiver (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVNovember 3, 2014
I love to be a blessing. Being helpful is great in this world. I've learned how to take care of patients so when I have my own child is will be more comfortable. It made me a better man.
Supportive environment, great training structure but very low pay
Direct Support Staff (Former Employee), Carson City, NVOctober 27, 2014
Chrysalis was an incredible environment to work in. My manager was amazing as were the majority of my coworkers. We were usually very understaffed though and a lot of shifts needed to be covered. There was the perfect amount of training before and in the work environment and always room to improve.

My only complaint would be the pay. The amount of work that was done in the home I worked in, in Carson City, Nevada was worth a lot more than the starting rate of $8.50 an hour.

Other than that I would do this job again in a heartbeat. The only reason I left the company was to relocate to Portland, OR.
nice employees, horrible clients,terrible management
Home Care (Current Employee), Provo, UTOctober 21, 2014
Pros: home work time, lost of hours avalible
Cons: violence, low pay
this is a nice place to work for a while if you are going to school, otherwise steer clear the pay is low the benefits are a joke, and the people served by the company are violent and unpredictable, it has actually sapped my compassion out of me.

1 2 3 4