Chrysalis Employee Reviews

Not a good place
Direct Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Cedar, UTFebruary 22, 2018
I work for the cedar City branch and it was horrible, the upper management think they are better than everyone else, and there are a few that are very degrading to female staff and think that it's okay. I would not recommend anyone to work for this company in cedar City it least not if you wanted to be treated fairly, females get treated so unless fair it's ridiculously. The money you make is. Not worth what you have to.put up with with some clients, restraining can go so wrong and you can get hurt. It's not a safe place to work especially on your own in a home
Pros
No pros no breaks.
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 20, 2018
It's a good job for college students who need to study while on the job. I enjoyed working with the individuals and helping them become more independent. This job is great for patient and caring people.
Rewarding job, physically and mentally demanding
Direct Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTFebruary 8, 2018
Working one-on-one with persons with special needs. Making sure that clients take medications on time, feeding clients and introducing them to activities outside of the home.
Pros
Rewarding, uplifting
Cons
few hours, mentally and physically straining
Rough
Caretaker (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVFebruary 5, 2018
It was a rough place to work. The pay was low back then and the job was mentally and emotionally stressful. I wouldn't recommend it for those who don't enjoy this kind of work with the mentally handicapped, and who are in it for the money.
Save yourself from wasted time from your life
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Park City, UTFebruary 2, 2018
Wasted 10 yrs of my life for a company that is so desperate to fill a bed....that they get clients that they have no info on/ highly behavioral clients......all while providing very little info on how to work with them. FIRED because of a lack of training employees on the serious issues that the clients have!! I dedicated my life and sacrificed a whole decade for these people. If you're desperate for a job, well go for it! If you're looking for a career......then don't waste your life on this company.
Pros
Insurance
Cons
Poor upper mgmt, low wage, stressful times 75% of time
Last resort. Job.
Direct Care Staff (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 30, 2018
Everyone will have their own experience which is not effected by anyone else’s time with the company. Just saying what has happened to many people who worked here. If you need a job ASAP and it doesn’t matter what it is....then go for it. That’s the only way I’ll ever encourage someone to work here. Or if you want to go into this specialized care for career. The mission for the company is great...but almost everyone is mediocre at their job here. They should really clean house.From office staff to HR, to supervisors.
You can’t ignore and will be swept into some kind of drama. You have to wait a year for benefits. No vacation time(?) I believe. Basically they’ll want all your time for this job and attributes, while giving you as little pay as possible and rewards back.
Great Place to work
Employment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Saint George, UTJanuary 30, 2018
I would recommend to people with a desire to help others. It was a great place to work. My co workers were wonderful however management was difficult at times.
good job
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTJanuary 29, 2018
its a good job for someone coming out of high school. a typical day started at 2:30 and there are a series of chores that you have to do on a daily basis. my previous managers that i had were excellent and they helped through alot of struggles. the best part of my job was seeing the progression. the hardest part of my job was the behaviors some of the clients had.
Worse Ever
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 8, 2018
This is the worse place I ever worked in 20 years. Poor management, poor training, unsafe work environment. Had to ride around the hood searching for the client. Had to go into homes in the hood. Unporfesswional people.
Pass them by.
working there
Residential Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 29, 2017
I had fun working here but they don't paid enough everyone is cut throat they don't value they employee. workplace was okay if employee come to work. if not managers had to cover shift
Pros
Na
Cons
Na

Want to know more about Chrysalis?

Ask a question
Chrysalis became family like.
Regional house manager (Former Employee) –  Cedar City, UTDecember 3, 2017
Chrysalis became like a family. The amount of support behind each staff member is out of this world. The training is exactly how it should be and prepares you for everything and more.
Not my kind of work, but good experience!
Care Taker (Former Employee) –  West Jordan, UTNovember 30, 2017
I would come in and wait for the women to come home from their classes that they took. Give them their medicine that they were prescribed. Then I was asked to think of something the ladies would enjoy to do with them. I came up with making friendship bracelets. So any down time I would work on the bracelets with them. When it was meal time i would prepare them food that was planned for lunch and dinner. Just a really relaxed job which I like to be active.
Pros
You could do crafts activities
upper Management is under qualified
House Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint George, UTNovember 22, 2017
I do not recommend working here to anyone! the upper management is a joke and doesnt know how to support their employees. I also dont think that chrysalis st.george takes their clients needs into consi
Pros
Building a bond with clients
Cons
Loosing clients
Great work
HOUSE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Cedar City, UTNovember 18, 2017
For an education student looking to learn about behavioral health, this was a great environment. Learned a lot of useful techniques and trainings to use in field.
Very good company
Residential Manager (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTOctober 24, 2017
I loved working for Chrysalis, and especially LOVED the individual whose home I managed. They were a lot of fun and the company was good to it's managers overall.
Pros
People/clients
Cons
being on call 24/7; working swing shift
Great experience but not paid enough
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVOctober 23, 2017
I loved working for Chrysalis. I've been here a little over a year and learned so much about caring for people with special needs. However, the behaviors you deal with are difficult and you only get paid starting at $9.00... To be completely fair and honest, I had to deal with my coworkers more than my clients. Favoritism is a thing there. But if you can get passed behind that, then this job would be perfect. I enjoyed doing activities and crafts and going out to eat with my clients. It is a socially demanding job. And you have to have the heart, the guts, and the patience to be a direct support professional.
Pros
Great connections, lots of fun
Cons
Low pay, poor management, long and funky hours
Stressful
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTOctober 12, 2017
Most days were relatively relaxed. Management could have handled shift changes better and put forth more effort to find someone to cover rather than having us work overtime.
Pros
flexible
I enjoy working at Chrysalis
Direct Staff Support (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 7, 2017
I really enjoy working at this company, the employees are very nice and feel like family as long as I've been working there, the clients I work with are great , Working here will give you a new found love for Mentally Challenged people
exciting great time with the client on a daily bases
Residential Manager (Former Employee) –  Murray, UTOctober 7, 2017
positive team work productive interaction with staff and individuals that we take care of, great People and creative in all that is plan for working.
Pros
free cafe when training
Cons
health care coverage
Unpredictable
Advocate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 6, 2017
We receive a lot "effectively immediately" termination emails. We never know what is going on with management and people are unpredictable. Depends on the program.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chrysalis. Our community is ready to answer.