Chrysalis

Chrysalis Employer Reviews

Overall good company they had some issues of having enough people to work for them but the benefits of this job made it better
DSP/Manager (Current Employee), Provo, UTJuly 5, 2014
Pros: the fun events that i attended with the clients
Cons: the behaviors of the clients
I would have to say that they have the resources available for training and the skills to to train people very well but sometimes certain locations have certain set of skills that aren't taught in training that have to learned at the location of each house. At Chrysalis they sometimes seem desperate which makes it hard to know what their real desires – more... are or exceptions are. They treated their employees very well and made their clients their number one priority. I learned a lot of about how to work hard to keep up with 3 special means adults, 5 employees, directors, parents, doctors, support staff, coordinators, and behaviorist. Co- workers were often one of the good reasons to go to work and have a desire to stay when times were hard. The most enjoyable part of the job was the fact that I could make a difference in these 3 clients lives and see how they changed while I was in charge of their care. – less
Challenging and stimulating environment to work
Massage Therapist, Owner/Operator (Current Employee), Chesterton, INJune 11, 2014
Pros: able to set my own hours.
Cons: sometimes not having the time to schedule an appointment for every client that called.
Managing my own business was a daily adventure. No two days were ever the same. It was always a pleasure and privilege to administer to every client I had the opportunity to work with. The hardest part of the job would sometimes maintain a balance between work and play but all the time spent working with clients always made my time in the office enjoyable – more... and satisfying. – less
Productive working with each individual.
Support Staff (Former Employee), West Jordan, UTJune 4, 2014
Every day was different from previous, each client is cool, loved working with each co-working, the most enjoyable day is that you get to go outside and enjoy each day that goes by, do not have to do the same job every day.
Very Unprofessional
Direct Support (Former Employee), Provo, UTJune 3, 2014
I would not tell my friends to work there. The company itself was set out to do great things. BUT the management and HR were not good. They did not seem to care about their employees or their individuals at all.
Army National Guard
Direct Staff Professional (Former Employee), North Las Vegas, NVMay 30, 2014
Pros: helping or country
Cons: n/a
Assisted with city, and state disasters as needed. I learned to work as a team. I also learned how to be a leader and lead if given the direct to. The hardest part of the job was the hours. The most enjoyable part was serving my country.
I fun working people we serve
Direct (Current Employee), Price, UTMay 22, 2014
The hardest part of this job is making a linving I fix breakfast for them and wake them up on time to do the things that they need to do that day. I get long with most of the co-workers The most enjoyable part of the job is see the people we work with happy
working with mentally handicapped
Residential Manager (Former Employee), Orem, UTMay 19, 2014
Pros: played video games, watched movies and television with individuals
Cons: physical and verbal abuse, low pay, high costing benefits
it was very rewarding when they learned basic human functioning that I taught tthem. I was responsible for all of their financial and basic human needs such as grocery shopping, doctors appointments, cleanliness of their house and and bedrooms. I also was responsible for staff work schedules, knowledge of basic supervision guidelines of our individuals. – more... Hardest part of the job was the days when the clients would become physically or verbally abusive towards staff. – less
A successful non-profit committed to their goals and mission statement
Employment Specialist (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMay 14, 2014
Pros: philanthropy, employment placement and mission statement
Cons: permanent employment
Productive professional experience, working environment and management team. The most challenging, yet enjoyable part of the job, was working with those of mental and physical disabilities. The task, duties and expectations, were those I look forward to exceeding while holding this title as a career.
chrysalis
House staff /caregiver (Former Employee), lasvegas,nvApril 26, 2014
Pros: great experience
Cons: no respect
I learned teamwork, learned to have patience, was a manager so have experience with being over others
Learned to assess quickly while working with women in crisis on the telphone
Crisis counselor-volunteer (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNApril 23, 2014
Everyday was different making the volunteer position a learning and a rewarding environment.
Cool place to work
Personal Care Assistant (PCA) (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 17, 2014
A great place to work. Co-workers were awesome along with some of the individuals whom I helped in everyday functions.
Okay job for a student
Direct Support Staff (Former Employee), Provo, UTApril 16, 2014
Work place was dirty and co-workers/management were often difficult to work with. There was little room for growth and no incentive to push oneself.
If you like being on call 24/7 for part time work......
Staff (Former Employee), Price, UTMarch 14, 2014
Pros: some of the clients will steal your heart.
Cons: you are promised lots of activites to keep the clients busy, but the clients have to have "funds" and they never do.
Your hours vary greatly with this job. The company will classify you as part time but you will usually work full time with overtime (even though they say "no overtime"). You have to work 2 months straight with full time hours to be classified full time and to get the benefits. What usually happens though is you will have FT+ for about 4-6 weeks then – more... you will get 15-30hrs for 2-4 weeks then your 2 months have to start again.

You will also have many "surprise" meetings that you are expected to attend even if you have plans. Your schedule changes constantly so expect to have it changed with no more than 24hrs notice. So good luck on trying to make any plans with your life. – less
Fun workplace with a rather lighthearted atmosphere.
Direct Professional Support Staff (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 7, 2014
Pros: very fun and non-limiting.
Cons: lack of hours.
No drama here generally, you do what your expected and everyone has a good time. They generally do not give a lot of full time positions however.
Making a difference daily.
Direct Support Staff (Current Employee), Reno, NVMarch 4, 2014
Every day you have the ability to make a difference in individuals we support lives. Mentally, physically, and emotionally we are there for these individuals with mental disabilities. You work one on one and gain rapport with individuals to help maintain positive behavior.
Very rewarding job.
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee), Provo, UTFebruary 20, 2014
This job was a very rewarding job. I learned a lot from the individuals I worked with. What this company sets out to do is wonderful!
A typical day I would go in and get ready for my individuals to come home from their day programs. We would go over their days, do any paper work needs, an activity, meal preparation, and medications. Then it would be – more... time for them to get ready for bed. I learned to have compassion for others. That no matter the disability someone has, they are human and deserve love and respect.
The hardest part of the job is when one of out individuals would pass on. You grow to care for these people as your own family and losing them is very hard.
The most enjoyable part of the job was watching the individuals grow and learn. – less
Good Job for students
Direct Staff (Current Employee), Cedar City, UTFebruary 12, 2014
This is a great place to be employed while in school because the chill atmosphere gives you time to do your homework. You also get to meet some awesome individuals with mental disabilities.
this company
Caregiver (Current Employee), West Jordan, UTFebruary 2, 2014
Pros: company takes care of employees
takes care of employees, but you have to deal with alot of stress
I had a lot of great experiences working at Chrysalis
Manager (Former Employee), Cedar City, UTFebruary 1, 2014
Pros: the team work, time off, i felt safe even though there was danger. the people i worked with.
Cons: being called during time off, the volatile dangerous situations, parents if individuals could be hard to deal with at times.
I worked with people with disabilities. It was a fun, challenging, and rewarding experience. I made sure that employees were taught how to work with the people were served, what was expected and I made sure all of the individuals needs were met. Made sure they were properly fed, clothed and was involved with activities. There were times it was a volatile – more... place to work, as many of our individuals would lose control and we'd have to intervene. I worked with a great group of people as far as staffing. We were a true team, you don't know what team work is until you are united with a team that will step in to keep you safe and you do the same for them. As a manager, I was on call 24/7 and was called even though I was on vacation when things got volatile. I enjoyed seeing the successes that our individuals achieve as they grow. – less
A tough job
Direct Care Staff (Former Employee), North Las Vegas, NVJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: getting paid to hangout while others slept
Cons: no flexability
different daily