Chrysler Group LLC

Chrysler Group LLC Employer Reviews

No comment
Material Logistic Management Supervisor (Former Employee), Toledo, OHMarch 11, 2015
Pros: no comment
Cons: no comment
No comment. There is no reason to comment on the operations at Chrysler LLC Toledo Assembly if I do not have anything positive to share.
Positive Corporate Environment
Head of Independent Daily Rental Sales (Former Employee), Headquarters and United StatesFebruary 26, 2015
Traditional automotive OEM that differentiated itself based on the work ethic and cooperation of the people that worked there. I would work there again.
Fun Culture, lots to learn from Mgmt.
Durability Development - Fleet Coordinator (Current Employee), Auburn Hills, MIFebruary 26, 2015
Definitely one of the better companies I've worked for. Work/life balance is fair, good place to work overall. CEO has set the tone and is a GREAT leader.
Production Supervisor
Production Manpower Planner (Current Employee), Belvidere, ILFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: the money
Cons: the amount of stress that goes with the job
This is a very fast pace environment where every second counts that isn't for everyone. You have to be able to think on your feet. But I can tell you this its one of the coolest jobs out there. working in the Automobile industry is very challenging.
Fast paced environment and long hours
Business Unit Leader (Area Manager) (Former Employee), Kokomo INFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: good benefits.
Cons: being on call 24/7
Chrysler was very demanding of management time. The position I held required me to be on call 24/7 overseeing 3 shifts of UAW employees. A typical day started with morning meeting with Team Leaders to what issues carried over from the provisos shifts. I would walk the floor and see what machines were down from the previous shifts and coordinate with maintenance a priority on what need attention first. Afternoon carryover meeting with current shift Team Leaders and Second shift Team Leaders provided a good opportunity for discussion on issues that occurred during the day. This allowed for a smooth transition and helped set priority to second shift on what would need attention first if any. The hardest part of the job was coordinating maintenance activities due to the large amount of machines in the dept and the schedule that assembly would be currently running. The most enjoyable part of the job was the process. I have been in machining for 20 years and something new is always happening.
If you hate spending time with your family, then this is the job for you
Production Unit Leader (Former Employee), Belvidere, ILFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: pay
Cons: number of hours required to work
Amazing at how much disrespect is handed down to the Supervisors by people who have zero to little experience in leading others. Typical day at work is spent begging other areas to provide you with people to start the line because the Union makes it so easy for people to call off from work. Not sure how this plant still runs, oh wait, yes I do, it is because of the hard work and creativity the supervisors have in filling the gaps of people and broken equipment only to get treated like cra* by upper management when build isn't made. If your not putting in 70+ hours a week then you have no future in this company. Pay was good but overall treatment wasn't worth the headache. The Union runs this plant and gets many of the low life trouble makers that work there out of any responsibility for their actions as possible. I worked here for 3 months and was doing really well, but again, the disrespect I felt by upper management and the lack of authority we have over the workers made me feel like I was fighting with my hands behind my back. In addition, after 3 months with around 900 hours under my belt, I earned a WHOPPING 10 hours of vacation time.. WHAT A JOKE. There is no balance between work and family. During my time here I knew 3 people who were having serious marital problems due to the lack of them being home with the family, fortunately I am financially secure so I didn't need to put up with the nonsense for as long as they have. God forbid if you do ask for a day off, you get looked at like you have a contagious disease! This plant pushes lean manufacturing, one of the biggest headaches you can imagine, if the workload you have from day-to-day isn't enough, meeting the requirements of world class manufacturing will push you over the edge, it did me. Best of luck to those that continue to work there in Supervisory roles, definitely a job for someone younger and doesn't know any better.
Hard Job/Great Benefits
Unit Leader (Former Employee), Detroit, MIJanuary 19, 2015
Job culture is very hard to get used to. Same routine everyday, on your feet long but the benefit is the insurance and time off.
High volume unionized manufacturing environment.
Production Unit Leader (Current Employee), Kokomo, INJanuary 18, 2015
A typical day at work includes the oversite of production & maintenance operations which support the assembly departments. The most enjoyable part of my job is managing different challanges each day and overcoming those challanges with proven results.
Productive workplace
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee), Mansfield, MAJanuary 5, 2015
Overall one of the better companies I have worked for. Co workers, environment, management, all good to work with and for. Often rotating schedules and 24/7 around the clock operation was always difficult to deal with.
Difficult place to work with a high turnover rate for entry level managers.
Manufacturing (Current Employee), Belvidere, ILDecember 29, 2014
Pros: great pay, paid holidays
Cons: long hours, uaw is difficult to work with
Typical day is 10-12 hours and you are expected to work many weekends.
I have learned a great deal about manufacturing. I was given the opportunity to benchmark factories all over the world and see what the top facilities were doing to get better. Continuous improvement has been a significant job responsibility for me at each level.
The management style is changing with the implementation of World Class Manufacturing. Management is changing from a hard nose confrontational approach to a data driven lead by example approach.
The hardest part of the job is the work/life balance, employees are expected to work long hours and 6-7 days a week to get the job done. The relationship with the union can also make completing tasks difficult.
The most enjoyable part of the job is that the automotive industry is fast paced and on the cutting edge of technology. To watch coils of steel come in the back door and a finished vehicle drive off the end of the line is amazing.
Fun fast steady work pace
Production Worker (Current Employee), Warren, MIDecember 1, 2014
Pros: money to be made
Cons: long hours
Start your day with safety equipment on and just be ready to do the same thing over and over.
Good paycheck
Product Development Engineer (Former Employee), Auburn Hills, MINovember 26, 2014
Very flexible with my schedule.
Good boss.
Relatively east to get to work.
Enjoyed helping Chrysler restart their staffing team and then the recruiting teams.
University Relation Liaison (Former Employee), Auburn Hills, MIOctober 31, 2014
I worked with a team of 4 people to build recruiting teams and coordinate the activities of the university relations recruiting team members for the 30 universities that Chrysler recruits candidates for entry level openings, interns and co-ops. Developed processes, systems and provided training for team members.

We developed and coordinated the activities for the interns & co-op throughout the summer. I was solely responsible for the intern housing program.

Other duties included managing blood drives and employee service award programs.
Excellent place to work
Software/Powertrain Controls Team Lead (Current Employee), Auburn Hills, MIOctober 30, 2014
Pros: good bonus, company lease program
Cons: long commute if you live on the west side
Chrysler is a great place to work, the compensation is competitive. Possibilities to advance are available as long as you stand out. The culture is great although politics can play a role sometimes. It could use better processes in certain areas
Good responbility
Thermal Controls Engineer (Current Employee), Auburn Hills, MIOctober 29, 2014
Pros: responsibility
Cons: not much lead times for development
You get to work on lot of new things if you are in the right group. There are not many layers of Hierarchy in the engineering. Most of the work we is seen on the vehicles, so that gives lot of satisfaction.
Not much emphasis on Research
Productive and fun place to work at
Powertrain Electrical System Engineer (Current Employee), Auburn Hills, MIOctober 18, 2014
Great people with great experience. Spent 6 years in the company and held 3 different jobs.
A day at Chrysler
Assembly Crew Member - Production Line Staff (Current Employee), Toledo, OHOctober 6, 2014
Pros: compensation and benefits
Cons: long hours, hard on body
Chrysler is a great opportunity for anyone to provide a stable income for their family. It is however very demanding, you work long hours and many days if they mandate you to do overtime. There are many opportunities to meet new people and various jobs to do.
Chrysler group LLC, Auburn Hills, Michigan
Websphere Administrator (Current Employee), Auburn Hills, MISeptember 22, 2014
• Installation, Configuration and Administration of IBM WebSphere Application Server 7.x/8.x on AIX and Linux platform.
• Migrated IBM WebSphere Application Server from 7.x to 8.x.
• Created, Configured and Administered Profiles, Clusters, Nodes and Node Groups for WebSphere Application Server.
• Involved in configuring the WebSphere load balancing utilizing WebSphere Workload Management (WLM) including horizontal scaling and vertical scaling.
• Analyzing, performance tuning and troubleshooting WebSphere components, using wily, Tivoli Performance viewer, Log analyzer and Thread analyzer.
Productive and fun workplace
Developer (Former Employee), Auburn Hills, MIAugust 4, 2014
Worked in different areas of work such as
Developer, Application Support, Offshore coordinator,
Onsite coordinator, Requirement Gathering from Business Partners,
Understanding Business Partners needs and implemented possible Automation of work processes.
Not a good work place.
Production Operator (Former Employee), Warren, MIJuly 28, 2014
Pros: friendly co-workers
Cons: healthcare, pay, management
the job is okay but when it comes to management and your steward they are really useless. Your steward really don't fight for you though different types of situations. "Chrysler is not the dream job"!!!! The warren truck plant is the worst! You work way to hard for $15. And lets not start on the supervisors in the plant! They think highly of there jobs and careless about the next person and will lie on you to get you fired. Co-worker are fine but team leaders, supervisors and management is the worst. What's the point of paying union dues when your union doesn't even fight for you?

1 2 3 4