Chrysler Employee Reviews in United States

Not enough opportunities for advancement
Lease Maturity Manager (Former Employee) –  Westlake, TXJuly 31, 2016
you are making calls to customers whose lease on their vehicles are about to expire and offer them to buy the car right now through good interest rates.
Pros
Low pressure work
Cons
Not enough to learn
Surviving the the US automotive industries
Resident Engineer (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIMay 15, 2016
In spite of many industry problems, Chrysler has always found a way to stay in business. However, some of the changes had to be painful for the employees.
Pros
Always finds a way to keep going
Cons
Jobs sometimes have to be sacraficed
Very demanding but rewarding workplace.
Senior Manager - World Wide Production Planning (Former Employee) –  Auburn HillsFebruary 12, 2016
A typical day would entail 4 to 6 hours of meetings; plus subordinate debriefs, assignments, and reviews; as well as my own assignments. Over the years I learned about working within a number of corporate disciplines, time management, multitasking, and managing others. I have worked for numerous managers with as many styles of management. My co-workers usually shared similar motivations to advance as well concerns about the marketplace competition and the economy. The hardest part of the job would be letting a employee go. The best part would be achieving goals, hitting your forecast, or promoting one of your employees.
Pros
Great pay and benefits.
Cons
Very long hours during certain business cycles.
A lot of jobs are out sourced
Advanced transmission controls engineer (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIFebruary 9, 2016
A lot of technical jobs are out sourced to supplier companies. If you are looking for a position to learn about the most advanced technology, you may want to apply to positions at Ford or GM or other supplier companies. Chrysler may let you do turn key project and out source the job responsibility to other companies, which makes you end up with nothing to learn.
Cost and Delivery are the predominant concerns
Quality Engineer (Body/Trim/Chassis/Final) (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MOFebruary 1, 2016
I was very fortunate to work at Chrysler (St. Louis North Assembly Plant). As one used to the nuclear industry, I am always amazed with the difference in culture (safety, cooperation) between nuclear and the auto industry, as seen in the 10 years I was there.
Pros
Good salary, usually available overtime
Cons
Safety not always primary concern, some hostile workers, some unprofessional management
Chrysler Capital isa great job
Funding Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 24, 2016
My job is very easy and time consuming. The people i work with are awesome.. Management is ok could e better , that' at ay job. My coworkers i love them, we have a good time at work. The hardest part about my job is that things are changing every other day.
A good place to work
Assembler/Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIAugust 4, 2016
assembling cars, you learn the in and out about cars, touch, fun and easy going, getting in and out of cars with big tools in your hand trying to bolt something down while the car is moving, the money.
Chassis Designer (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIApril 14, 2016
Excellent place but the drive is getting too long and stressful.
Many great people great cars very flexible work place
They offer a lot of training plus many little perks and also my management is very nice and helpful to their staff
Pros
Great flexiability
Cons
Too far
great company
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIAugust 16, 2016
had i have not got my toe ran over by a hilo driver not paying attention i would still be there. I had a great experience working there
Pros
all
Cons
union prevents company from getting rid of people who dont belong
Exciting times for sure
Program Management Operations (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIAugust 12, 2016
I had worked as a contractor from '94-'99 and then again from '03-'07 and each time I had dreamed of becoming a full time employee - I am a diehard Chrysler guy - only drive Jeeps.
car delaership
Warranty Administrator (Former Employee) –  Cornelius, NCJune 2, 2016
Co-workers are cut throat and unwilling to help. Learned who can be trusted and actually learned alot about how a dealership operates. Management has little to no interest in the lower employees.
I enjoyed everything about this place yet my family life became more important
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJanuary 11, 2016
It was never a dull moment that taught me a lot about efficiency, being a team player and how to do a lot about vehicles that I began to do on my own, I loved the togetherness of the team as we became like family through the long days and hours yet the hardest parts were starting all over in a new area or team only to again enjoy the day as some days went slower than others
Pros
team work and celebrations and the opportunity to take the buyout when needed the most
Cons
Leaving the job as my parents both were diagnosed with cancer
Different fun fill automotive world.
Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Belvidere, ILAugust 19, 2016
I enjoy the different work world from doing health care. it's fun working in the paint department but I miss helping people as well. Great pay, good benefits.
Productive workplace
Production Operator/Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHJune 8, 2016
Great job, but limited chances to be full-time. If that was resolved would continue employment. World class manufacturing building high quality off road vehicles.
Great people
Service Advisor for Chevrolet (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MNJune 2, 2016
Everyday was a new vehicle with a different problem to fix. Never a dull moment. Enjoy all of my co-workers, customers, hours and location off a major highway. Always a busy place to be.
Paint shop (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIJanuary 25, 2016
The work was fast paced but the line was down everyday around lunch. The supervisors here were not good at all. They would come around and you wouldnt see them until it was time to go. Some of the co-workers were easy to get along with and some were rude. I learned how to seal cars, sand, wet sand, and buff spots of of cars.
Pros
overtime
Cons
short breaks, break downs
productive workplace
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIAugust 14, 2016
Chrysler Corporation was a very past faced environment. There were so many different departments and you interacted with a lot of different people.
One of the top 2 best jobs I ever had.
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 19, 2016
Great company to work for if you are young, driven and without a family. You will work 6 days a week with only Sundays off. You will work VERY long hours until the job is done but will be compensated very well. It is a lifestyle. You will NEVER get a lunch break so pack 3 meals and a lot of snacks. You'll also gain the freshman 15 unless you hustle OUT ON the car lot and up walk ons. Trust me that is where your moneys at.Save up at least 6 months worth of income before starting this job. It is extremely seasonal. There is no such thing as a for sure paycheck. If you cannot sell within 60 days GET OUT! I do wish they had given regular days off, had more room for females to move up, and honored the earned paid time off. Good luck!
Oh and its a good car company to start with.
Pros
Catered lunch on Saturdays
Cons
no lunch breaks-Mgrs approve price cuts that affect YOUR pay, not theirs!
Yard Worker (Former Employee) –  Belvidere, ILMay 10, 2016
Great place to work. Wonderful management and co-workers. Everyone there was able to work as a team and push each other in the right direction to get the work done as quickly and efficiently.
Work place enviornment
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIApril 6, 2016
The work place at Chrysler is very mechanic and diverse. The atmosphere is very friendly, and managers are always willing to assist and handle any issues at a timely matter.
benefits
Cons
short breaks