Chrysler Employee Reviews in United States

production operator
Lead Production Assembler (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJuly 24, 2015
great job! great pay & benefits! great environment! Difficult work schedules. hardest part of the job was the time schedules.
A rat race
Dealer Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 21, 2015
Lots of pressure to sell "a pig with lipstick!" The finance/lease products not competitive with the overall automotive market. The credit/approval policy not in keeping with what a captive finance company should be. Lot of pressure to produce, but few tools to make it happen.
Pros
Very good salary/benefit structure
Cons
Pressure cooker to produce, but few ways to get the business
Not the smartest decision you will ever make...
Production Unit Leader (Current Employee) –  Warren, MIJuly 3, 2015
On paper (and in your interview), this sounds like an ideal situation. Solid base salary, four days on, three days off with the "occasional added production shift "as demand dictates." I am telling you now since no one told me, "demand" will dictate quite often. It is nothing to work 15-20 days straight at 12+ hours/day. It is also easy to put in 140+ two week pay period without blinking.
As for the workplace/culture of a unit leader, you are expected to fit 13 hours of tasks into a 10 hour shift thanks to your very useless "support" departments that serve no other function than to add work to your plate. Oh, and this is in addition to your actual job of keeping the production line running/directing manpower. Of those departments, I would rate the safety team the worst. They are required to do nothing involving actual plant safety, as all projects, medical investigations/passes and safety tours are expected to be completed by (you guessed it) production unit leaders. The safety team as well as the other support teams do nothing but compile reports to present to the plant leadership of what tasks the unit leader was unable to accomplish.
The operations management is an abomination as you will not find standardized instruction to be the same across multiple shifts. Edicts/mandates from corporate to tackle issues such as work-life balance and salary retention often are ignored by the operations team which includes production center management.
As I said, take this job if you want, but don't read this review and later say no one told you so.
Pros
The salary is solid. If you can find another benefit, we're all ears
Cons
No ability to plan for off days in advance. You might go a couple weeks without one, Very narrow/linear career path.
Receiving calls regarding bad parts responding to call to check if parts met Engineering standards
inspector/ quality (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MONovember 10, 2015
I learned the difference between good and defective parts for assembly of the minivan.

My Manager was excellent, she communicated and supported me and my coworkers, with our job functions, regarding rejection of defective parts when called into question by production supervisor.

MY ooworker was very good at communicating problems and listening to complaints in regards to defective parts.

The hardest part of my job was lifting all the defective metal parts from the, body & paint shops, putting them into the scrap bin for recylcing.

The most enjoyable part of my job , was knowing that my work was responsible for a quality product going to the customer.
Pros
quality built vehicles
Cons
production suprvisors upset when production shuts down due to defective pars
Fast paced environment and long hours
Business Unit Leader (Area Manager) (Former Employee) –  Kokomo INFebruary 5, 2015
Chrysler was very demanding of management time. The position I held required me to be on call 24/7 overseeing 3 shifts of UAW employees. A typical day started with morning meeting with Team Leaders to what issues carried over from the provisos shifts. I would walk the floor and see what machines were down from the previous shifts and coordinate with maintenance a priority on what need attention first. Afternoon carryover meeting with current shift Team Leaders and Second shift Team Leaders provided a good opportunity for discussion on issues that occurred during the day. This allowed for a smooth transition and helped set priority to second shift on what would need attention first if any. The hardest part of the job was coordinating maintenance activities due to the large amount of machines in the dept and the schedule that assembly would be currently running. The most enjoyable part of the job was the process. I have been in machining for 20 years and something new is always happening.
Pros
good benefits.
Cons
being on call 24/7
A lot of jobs are out sourced
Advanced transmission controls engineer (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIFebruary 9, 2016
A lot of technical jobs are out sourced to supplier companies. If you are looking for a position to learn about the most advanced technology, you may want to apply to positions at Ford or GM or other supplier companies. Chrysler may let you do turn key project and out source the job responsibility to other companies, which makes you end up with nothing to learn.
Only choose if your going to be full time not tpt
Production Operator / Stock (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHApril 10, 2016
This is a job where you have to be full time, if your part time or temporary part time then i won't suggest you agree to anything with this company. The people there are not retiring so its hard to even be full time and plus the benefits suck as a tpt. TRUST ME
Pros
Great Pay, Decent Work, Good People
Cons
No Hours (TPT), Nobody wants to Retire
Very productive and interesting
assembler/welder, stock handler, machine operator (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WI 53140May 20, 2016
When I got hired as a 20 year old, I was a little tentative and naive.
Over the next 34 years I worked many jobs within the factory. From the assembly line to the housekeeping duties to machine set-up and cleaning. Very exciting and a fast work pace. Learned to work as a
team and found this to be the most beneficial.
Manufacturing
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Belvidere, ILJanuary 8, 2016
learned several jobs and over 5 different departments. Applied parts towards the engineering of an automobile. Co workers were fun to work with.
Pros
working and the enviorment
productive and fun
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIFebruary 24, 2016
very good place to work. the management could be better but the pay and hours are great along with the coworkers as well wonderful healthcare packages. its a great atmosphere
Great place to work in a very clean and new environment working with state of the art machinery
Area Central and Line Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIOctober 29, 2015
I was a Maintenance Supervisor. I was responsible for the machining lines and assembly lines and the entire 1 million square foot facility. I loved working with the very talented skilled trades. I used a lot of professionalism to get the job done. I loved project planning and getting machines running and troubleshooting the problem. I learned a lot on the job about the very highly technical equipment I worked with. I worked my way into a Total Maintenance System Coordinator position.
Pros
I very clean and brand new facility to work in with great managers to work for
Cons
High pressure position to get and keep the machines running
A good company
Conveyer Loader Spot Welder Alternate Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Twinsburg, OHApril 14, 2016
Its no longer even a plant they demolished the entire plant. I learned about the union on a different level and the jobs was getting scarce as far as senority other than that it could have worked.
Pros
Great Atmosphere
Cons
the people there only thought of the people in twinsburg and i was a transplant
Productive and fun workplace
Lot Manager (Former Employee) –  Hardeeville, SCDecember 6, 2014
It was a nice company to work for but there wasn't much room for growth. A typical work day would consist of stocking new cars and maintaining the appearance of the lot. Sometimes I would have to take customers home or pick them up from different locations. I would also run errands for my supervisors. I enjoyed this job very much. My co-workers and supervisors were all nice and easy to get along with. The wasn't hard at all to me but my supervisor would give me praise all the time telling how I was so much better then previous workers.
Pros
free lunches and no one constantly looking over your shoulder
Cons
no room for growth
Roving Auditor (Former Employee) –  Belvidere IL, 61008November 6, 2015
Chrysler was one of my favorite manufacturing company's to work. I gained many skills there. I worked in every department at Chrysler, used all different types of machinery and tools. My last job as a roving auditor. I was independent worker, assigned to do all government inspections on the engine line and part of trim. I ensured all cars parts were 100% quality. Any defects, I alerted supervisor. Shut line down until problem fixed. Knew all specs, used a diatomite. Performed all paperwork and had tools calibrated regularly. Worked all overtime. Inspection is important as well as safety while performing jobs.
Minacs/Chrysler no paid days off and lies
Technical Consultant (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills MichiganJanuary 10, 2015
Chrysler STAR/ Minacs offer no paid days off, but do offer 2 weeks vacation after your first full year.Insurance is sky high and costs a fortune. Management is a joke with new useless policies that make no sense. When you interview they make it sound like the company is a wholesome place to work but when you start the skeletons start to come out..Highly recommend that you keep looking
Pros
good hours, overtime, pay is decent
Cons
management is a joke, worthless policies, benefits are expensive. the list goes on and on
Great Opportunity
Team Support (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMay 4, 2016
The Auto Industry has so many aspects as far as knowledge about the vehicles that were produced. Assembly workers put all the parts onto the vehicle then many people inspect before time to deliver across the United States or car dealerships.
Pros
Learn many skills
Fast paced assembly work
Team Leader and Absentee Poole (Former Employee) –  Belvidere, ILFebruary 28, 2015
Chrysler provides excellent pay and benefits. I was a little disappointed that the union mislead many of use to sign a buyout in order to bring in people with less pay and benefits. Of course they didn't tell us that they were going to hiring others, they told us that they would only have one shift and that many of us with 10 years or less would not be able to hold our jobs. The union is not to be trusted.
Pros
benefits and pay
Cons
union sucks
Chrysler Capital isa great job
Funding Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 24, 2016
My job is very easy and time consuming. The people i work with are awesome.. Management is ok could e better , that' at ay job. My coworkers i love them, we have a good time at work. The hardest part about my job is that things are changing every other day.
Chrysler
Chassis Designer (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIApril 14, 2016
Excellent place but the drive is getting too long and stressful.
Many great people great cars very flexible work place
They offer a lot of training plus many little perks and also my management is very nice and helpful to their staff
Pros
Great flexiability
Cons
Too far
Great opportunity for education
Robotics Engineer, Automatic equipment repairman (Former Employee) –  Newark De.May 1, 2015
I started at Chrysler right out of high school in 1972 until I retired in 2006. It was a great job to have while raising a family and a great opportunity to further my education.
Pros
wage, benefits
Cons
long hrs. environment