Chrysler Employee Reviews in United States

Sell new and used cars
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Florissant MoOctober 13, 2015
Fun people, but long hours and not very interesting. Pay is 100% commission so it is hard to predict and budget with a family.
Terrible Working enviornment
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIOctober 13, 2015
I thought Chrysler was something special but I feel like its kinda a trap, and I don't want to be trapped within my career.
Worst employer ever!
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHOctober 12, 2015
Place is hades! Paycheck is not even worth it! Even the union stabs you in the back!
Worst employer I've ever worked for!
So many ghetto, violent people tag work there and management doesn't keep them in check!
Boring facility
Production Area Manager (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHOctober 12, 2015
I came from the Automobile Assembly plants at TAC. I desire the excitement in the work atmosphere that comes from more complex processes and machines that run when scheduled.
No teamwork or support
Employee (Former Employee) –  AnonymousOctober 10, 2015
Not a good company for support or teamwork. Culture has changed since merger with Fiat. Need to be more supportive and compassionate towards management.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Great work place with enjoyable work and good pay.
Professional Driver (Former Employee) –  Chelsea, MIOctober 8, 2015
Working at Chrysler Group LLC at the Chelsea, MI Proving Grounds was a very enjoyable job. I worked as a professional driver, performing a huge variety of different tests on all concept and pre-production vehicles. I enjoyed coming to work every day and pushing my self to do the best job possible for the task set for the day. All of my Co-workers and supervisors were very professional and we would all work together to do the best job possible. I worked with engineering a lot on problems or concerns I found when testing the vehicles.
Pros
Enjoyable Job, Good pay.
Cons
Held as a temporary employee for two and a half years, being laid-off 3 times and still not hired in.
Was a nice work environment
Driver (Former Employee) –  ohioOctober 6, 2015
Was a good place to work. Seemed like there was advancement opportunity. Over all I enjoyed my time there and only left for a better paying job. My job was to go park the vehicles in the lot.
Challenging and satisfying work
An employee (Current Employee) –  AuburnhillsOctober 5, 2015
Enjoyable part of working here is opportunities to learn a lot and challenge yourself. Decent work-life balance.

Opportunities to grow are medium to low
great management and co-workers
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Kokomo, INOctober 5, 2015
Worked on an assembly line making steering columns and then transmission parts. No matter how efficient an assembly line is there is always room for improvement. Management and co-workers were great. The hardest part of the job was trying to keep your parts in spec when you were using defective parts. Most enjoyable part was figuring out which adjustments you needed to make to make sure you were running your parts in spec.
Pros
great pay and benefits
Cons
I really can't think of any
Good place to work when i worked there
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIOctober 5, 2015
A typical day at work is hectic I learned to listen, correct mistakes, take responsibility and do your job., Hardest part of the job is employees not following the rules or covering up mistakes in paper work, for audit, not informing me that he/she paper work is out of order and we are on a JIT.

People with a great time that care makes a great work place.
Pros
get a people degree with out school benifit
Cons
work schedule at times
Great workplace
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  jeep body shopSeptember 30, 2015
The job was very nice and it was diverse. I learned a lot of jobs working there. The hardest part about the job was I the distance of the job took me 3hr to get to work.
Pros
Good health and dental care and the pay.
Cons
Need more breaks
Production Line
Assembly Line Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hamtramck, MISeptember 30, 2015
Working with multi-culture people from different countries. With some language barriers, most of the workers were hard working that wanted to work.
Pros
The Benefits
Cons
Some of the workers
Very cut throat sales team
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYSeptember 29, 2015
All salesman raced to walk in clients, very cut throat. Management was not very helpful it was all about the money there. The co-workers were nice but very aggressive we all got along very well surprisingly despite the aggressive sales atmosphere. The best part of the job was that moment when you close the deal. The worst was when on of the other sales reps take your client that you were woking on.
Pros
Compensation was good as well as the scheduling
Cons
Management allowed a bad aggressive sales environment
Great place
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MichiganSeptember 28, 2015
Coworkers and management made me feel right at home which is always great when you like the people you work with and it feels more like a family then just a work place.I was able to build some great relationships working here.
Nothing much
Production Operator (Current Employee) –  Trenton, MISeptember 24, 2015
There's really not much to say about this job. The benefits and weekly pay are the only two good things about this company. The daily work is the same, its very repetitive.
Was an awesome job
Prototype Technician (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MISeptember 23, 2015
I worked alongside a another veteran so we had the same mindset and it worked out well. Wish the shop I worked in was still open.
Good learning in UConnect Connectivity and Infotainment HIL validation
HIL Validation Engineer (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MISeptember 21, 2015
Chance to grow personally and technically. Supportive management.
Decent amount of politics which is common in any big company.
Not a good place to work for a contract employee
Warranty Analyst (Former Employee) –  Center Line, MISeptember 19, 2015
I did enjoy my position but with management more concerned about making the numbers work and not looking bad for bad decisions made the job much more difficult than it should have been. Also contractors were not treated fairly even though we did the same job as employees we were not paid the same and benefits were non-existed for us. We should have taken this thru the courts and perhaps will in the future but I will not purchase a product sold by them since they treated us as second class workers.
Pros
We got paid.
Cons
We were not paid fairly compaired to like employees.
great pay
Assembler/Production (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 17, 2015
This job does not give you room to advance. A lot of what you will be required to do will be told to you. You have no choice you have to do what the union wants.
Pros
great pay
Cons
no bathroom breaks
Typical call center
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXSeptember 15, 2015
Friendly environment from peers and some upper management. Opportunity to move up not so great if you are trying to get into management. They already have their picks for the position of who they want to hire and will still interview people as if they don't. During snow days and inclement weather, you will have to go in if you do not have vacation , sick or personal time to take off and if you don't have the time , you won't get paid.
Pros
Off every other Saturday!
Cons
Unexpected mandatory overtime at the last min.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chrysler. Our community is ready to answer.