CHS Employee Reviews in United States

Great Place Overall
Applicator (Current Employee) –  MinnesotaJuly 7, 2016
Great place to work overall, great benefits and extras. My problem has been the unpredictable hours. In-season, good luck having/making/keeping plans outside of work. Not too bad if a single person with not a lot of obligations outside of work or if you really want hours/OT in spurts. Don't get me wrong I like to make money but after 60 hours/wk, taxes kill your check and you pretty much work for Uncle Sam. Out-season, hours are tight and restricted little to no OT. I came in "green" to Agriculture and in my time there I have learned quite a bit, met a lot of great people both co-workers and customers. Would be my favorite job if the whole hours thing were different.
Pros
Benefits package
Cons
Unpredictable schedule
Hard worker, and stays within the guidlines.
SR. TALENT ACQUISITION SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Inver Grove Heights, MNJuly 25, 2016
A. Typical day would be sourcing, interviewing, and setting up interviews. Making offers to candidates.

B. I have learned to recruit in a fast paced environment.

C. Working closely with management.

D. Working closely with my Co-workers and helping them when time permits and when they need the help.

E. Hardest part of my job depends on how big of req load, at times it is a struggle to give complete attention to every hiring manager when the job loads exceed 40 reqs.

F. When a candidate accepts the job and is excited to be joining the team.
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
Very little flexibility
Excellent employee management, few advancement opportunities
Plant Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  McPherson, KSMay 22, 2016
I worked for CHS, Inc. at their refinery in McPherson, KS as an engineering intern in the fixed equipment division. I enjoyed the enthusiasm and energy from my coworkers; they understood what work had to be done and they enjoyed their work. Unfortunately, no full-time positions were available after I completed the internship.
Pros
Ping-pong tables in lunch room, flexible schedule, interesting assignments
Cons
Poor advancement opportunities
Multi function and productive company
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Inver Grove Heights, MNMay 16, 2016
I was a contractor, so benefits didn't apply to me. They brought on SAP in November 2015. This tool did not function right from day one and still isn't as of May 2016. Lack of communication from managers between the different departments to each other. Either telling employees the wrong way to process or forgetting to tell them things were fixed and to process the correct way.
Pros
Flexable
Cons
All lot of dept that aren't working well together.
Workplace was very unorganized and confusing
Pharmacy Data Entry Technician (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJune 10, 2016
Almost every day of work there was no direction of which area of the building I would be working in or what type of work I was supposed to be doing and caused a lot of confusion and frustration because nobody was communicating with one another.
Pros
There were other employees who had the same issues for me to go to
Cons
Hard to learn in the enviornment
N/a
Grain Inspector (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 29, 2016
Come in and get everything set up for success. Learn about how operations of the plant work and grain knowledge. Management was nice to your face and the co workers were always afraid of losing their jobs. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the people that worked there that talked so badly about you just around the corner on purpose. So much negative energy. The most enjoyable part of the job was the opportunity to learn plant operations.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Management picks favorites and treats individuals like they are not people.
Great place to work, learn alot.
Insurance Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNFebruary 17, 2016
The job here was great if you really enjoy doing insurance claims all day. All the co worker were great, managers were great. The hardest part of my job was dealing with all the changes in health insurance and keeping up with the new rules and laws. Most enjoyable part of my job was working around great people.
Pros
Pay was good and we had many perks to the job.
Cons
Short breaks
workplace
Medical Insurance Collector (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNMarch 8, 2016
Use hospital system and other online tools to access UB’s, 1500’s, EOB’s, remits, medical records or other information as needed.
Contact insurance companies to obtain claim status, rebill or adjust claims as needed.
Document hospital system with appropriate notes and action taken for claim resolution.
Abide by HIPAA regulations
Good Place to work
Process Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MtFebruary 4, 2016
I worked as an intern/temp there for three and a half years. My typical day was mostly self directed, but was required as needed to help troubleshoot problems with applications for the group. The hardest part of the job was mostly trying to break through the communication barrier between non-programming users and myself to be able to understand the depth of problems, which is to be expected.
Productive place to work
customer service (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDJanuary 21, 2016
Take phone calls from customers and drivers. Help customers with rate quotes and delivery schedules. Learned the importance of human skills. The hardest part of the job is getting employees to haul an extra load or dealing with customers that are mad about a situation. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting something done that you thought was near impossible at the beginning of the day.
Pros
Good benifits
Cons
Long hours and weekends
I really enjoyed my job duties at CHS
Reimbursement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mooresville, NCJanuary 8, 2016
I would start with any reports that might be assigned to me until completed. Review all attorney correspondence and request or print the information they might need to resolve their cases in a timely manner. I would then review the requests from the automobile insurance companies and request or bill them accordingly. After that is completed I started to work on my own queue to maintain my collection production.
Pros
Stayed very busy all day.
Cons
No breaks were given except out half hour lunch break.
Overall great place of employment depending on what unit you work for
Northeast Special Events Team Member (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaMay 27, 2016
depending on your department is to how I would review Carolinas Healthcare System. there have been great experiences as well as bad experiences.
Schedule rotates making for long nights and a difficult schedule to work around
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  South Sioux City, NEMay 9, 2016
Very good benefits but the new management knows this and will treat you terribly because they know you won't leave. Most of the people here are great.
mechanic/tire shop
mechanic/tire tech (Former Employee) –  Mitchell, SDApril 11, 2016
wasn't too bad of a place to work other than you having to be related to someone who worked there or been there for years to get anywhere in the company
Pros
semi employee discounts
Cons
poor management, employee favoritism
Productive and fun environment
Accounts Payable (Current Employee) –  Laurel, MTMay 24, 2016
While being productive and motivated, all the staff is friendly and polite. I love how everyone says hello and always has a smile on their face. A very friendly work environment
if you have friends in upper management you can easily advance
Collector (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNJuly 26, 2016
stable work environment, wages not enough some team leads think they are the CEO and some managers have favorites. Overall stressful and low pay.
Not an Enjoyable Place to Work
Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Inver Grove Heights, MNApril 26, 2016
This is not a place you want to work if you want to advance your career.

Co-Workers are very resistant to change.

Management is very disengaged.
Pros
Close to Home
Cons
Not willing to listen to new ideas
good people to work with
truck driver (Former Employee) –  Conrad, MTMarch 8, 2016
.enjoyed working with chs argronomy with the people i worked with and the people that i delivered to, and going to various places for deliveries. was disappointed when i got laid off but not totally un-expected.
Pros
.employment
Cons
Pleasant and professional work environment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNJune 20, 2016
Pleasant and professional work environment. Great team of analysts to work with. I learn something new everyday and job never gets boring.
Productive and safe work place
Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, MIDecember 6, 2015
I learned that safety is #1 in this work place with supportive management. I get along with my co-workers we get the days work done. When problems do occur you have team support to fix the problem. When it is time to go home at the end of the day you feel satisfied that the job is done.
Pros
hands on safety training