Chubb Group

Chubb Group Employer Reviews

Nice place to work
Web Engineer (Former Employee), New JerseyMay 19, 2014
Have no complaints. Fun place to work and nice working atmosphere.
Productive high volume and high pace enviroment
Research Analyst (Former Employee), Whitehouse Station, NJMay 12, 2014
Pros: flexible work family and telecomutting options
Cons: lack of uniformity
Productive high volume and high pace environment. Ever changing laws, rules and regulations and workflows. Must be proficient in several skill areas. Keeping up with trends.
Same as prior
See Resume (Former Employee), See ResumeApril 9, 2014
Same as prior. I loved working with this company. Always had great managers and great opportunities.
Friendly staff.
Specialty Underwriting Associate (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 5, 2014
Friendly and helpful associates. Pleasant and stable place to work.
International CSR
International CSR (Former Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 21, 2014
Pros: good company
Cons: work hours, stress
Responsible for getting policies issued overseas. Responsible for $12 mil book of business. Very high stress
good company
CASUALTY LITIGATION CLAIM EXAMINER (Current Employee), Warren, NJFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: good company
Cons: good company
good company to work for. excellent customer service. takes care of their insureds.
Good work environment, good benefits, flexible hour available. Limited advancement opportunities.
Senior Underwriting Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYDecember 9, 2013
Pros: good work environment, good benefits, flexible hour available. sound educational programs, seminars and classes provided to interested employees.
Cons: limited opportunities for advancement (in certain small, specialty departments)
Good work environment, good benefits, flexible hour available. Sound educational programs, seminars and classes provided to interested employees. Limited advancement opportunities, this is due to a small size the department I work in. Unfortunately it is pretty flat.
Financially Strong and Ethical Insurer
SENIOR PMO OPERATIONS MANAGER (Current Employee), Warren, NJDecember 2, 2013
Strong management
Great brand
Nice campus
Great cafeteria
Hard to feel like you do anything right
CSR (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZOctober 25, 2013
Job is very demanding but the salary is on the very low end, compared to what the work requires management have there favorites and it is hard to become one of the "cool kids"
UNDERWRITING
Underwriting (Current Employee), SIMSBURYSeptember 1, 2013
If you are not blond and white, please do not expect to get anything out of this company..
They will not hire you to do anything than giving you more work than you can handle. STAY AWAY!!!!
In the end, you will have more personal issues than professional...
good company to work
System Analyst/ Automation Lead (Current Employee), whitehouse station NJAugust 26, 2013
Pros: work life balance
Cons: need more focus on technology
QTP, good interface with BAs
learned real time scenarios
learned Agile methodology
Good experience in commercial insurance
Chubb Review
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 14, 2013
Pros: all paid holidays, we got to leave the day before a holiday 2 hours early, competitive pay.
I really liked working for this company. The management is very knowledgeable and easy to approach with any questions. The environment was very welcoming and everyone is very kind. I would write Automobile policies for new accounts, as well as update renewal policies. The hardest part of the job for me, was remembering all the little details about automobile – more... insurance. Overall, this company is great to work for. – less
Client Service Specialist / Trainer (Former Employee), Bridgewater, NJJuly 23, 2013
Chubb has a branch that deals with policies that generate $10000 or more in premiums. Client Service Specialists are assigned to a handful of agents and are responsible for developing the business relationship, analyzing risk, and issuing policies. Specialists are also responsible for problem solving any issues that might have to do with premiums or – more... policy problems.
Employees are often presented with multiple job titles and in this case, I was the trainer/consultant for the software programs and updates. I was also responsible for the training of new hires in service.
Chubb has a culture that is hard to beat. Their employee engagement, work life balance, and inclusion cultures make this organization an attractive workplace. – less
Know for their work security, opportunity for advancement and benefits.
Executive Legal Secretary/Receptionist - Scanlon (Former Employee), Township of Warren, NJJuly 20, 2013
Pros: wonderful working environment. great benefits and opportunites for advancement.
Cons: leaving the job too soon.
Always busy and challenging. Worked closely with attorneys and paralegals. Occasionally helped the paralegals with research and correspondence. Scheduled depositions and attorneys calendar for court appearances. Made sure that legal documents to court were filed on time.

A job although very challenging at times, helped me to grow as a person. I enjoyed – more... working as a team and helping the other attorney's when needed. – less
Great place to intern
OSD Intern (Former Employee), Los AngelesJuly 13, 2013
Pros: great people to work with
Cons: conservative recruiting practices
Chubb overall was a great place to intern. I learned a tremendous amount there an I am grateful for the opportunity. I really wish I could say the same prospecting for a permanent position. I'm grateful for what I've contributed but the one thing I learned about interning there is they forget about you in a heartbeat. I didn't expect a free pass when – more... I prospected there but I had a proven track record that I could get the job done as an intern. Unfortunately as far as their values of embracing diversity from a different background, I don't feel they live up to that. I've accepted the fact I wasn't meant to be a part of that company for the rest of my life. It's their loss not mine. – less
Corporate but laid back environment
Surety Underwriting Trainee (Current Employee), Township of Warren, NJMay 29, 2013
A typical day at work consists of servicing your accounts day to day surety bond needs. Contractors are actively bidding public jobs and are in need of surety bonds. This business is involved with building and maintaining relationships, and working at Chubb has helped me improve these skills. I have also learned more about accounting and finance, even – more... though I was a marketing major at Drexel University, because financial analysis is a huge part of this job.

I enjoy client visits the most because I was able to use my interpersonal skills and learn more about the client.

The hardest part of the job is declining a new submission. It is always great to add an account to our book of business but we cannot service everyone and sometimes have to say no. – less
Nice Work Environment
Claims Assistant (Former Employee), New Haven, CTApril 15, 2013
The management and coworkers were easy to work with. There is not too much turn around in this company due to the fact that management and the company as a whole treats their employees well.
Dedication to providing proper auto insurance needs
Auto Claims Examiner (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 6, 2013
Pros: successful claims resolution
Cons: denying a claim
My workday consisted of handling 1st party auto claims from start to finish. Talking with the Insured both by phone and email. Also to keep in constant contact with the body shop that repaired the Insureds' vehicle.
I learned how important it is to have auto insurance.
Management were strict but had an open-door policy that allowed free communication.
My – more... co-workers were dedicated to claims resolution.
The hardest part of the job was to deny a claim.
The most enjoyable part of the job was building rapport with the Insured. – less
Typical. claims environment
claims (Former Employee), VirginiaMarch 10, 2013
Pros: flexible work schedule s
Cons: micromanaged, outdated it, lack of resources to do job efficiently
Micromanaged. Almost impossible to keep up with the work load. No matter how well you do its not enough. Managers in some depots are too friendly with their subordinates .... chatting about other emloyees performance or passing along office gossip. But overall a company that really does do the right thing by its customers, nearly to a fault in my opinion.
Chubb
Underwriting Associate (Former Employee), West Des Moines, IowaJanuary 31, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: can't think of any.
Chubb is a great place to work. They provide great benefits to their employees. Only the best people are hired to work for them. They are top notch in the industry. Although not as well known as most, once you have worked with Chubb, it is not a company you would soon forget.

1 2 3