Chubb Group Employee Reviews

Productive and Diverse Work Environment
Underwriting Service Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 6, 2015
A typical day within the office would coming in with difference assignments and tasks that are needed to be completed before the predetermined deadline. I have learned the varies tasks within my function – more... and the ability to learn and begin training for the next promotion within the company. Management are very personable and have a open door policy to address any issues or concerns. My co-workers are willing to give information and answer any questions about there individual roles without hesitation. I can't really say if theres something that is particularly hard because theres always a predetermined solution for most situation i have faced thus far. The most enjoyable part of the job would be the diverse working environment and the opportunity to learn and grow within the company. – less
family
Office Manager (Former Employee), Romulus, MIJune 1, 2015
Pros: family owned
Cons: family owned
This was a family owned business, worked with 3 family members and 2 others employess. It was a good place to work untill the business closed.
good work environment
Administrative Support Specialist II (Current Employee), Sunrise, FloridaApril 15, 2015
Pros: Job is Diversified
Cons: No health Insurance
Work environment is good. Staff is helpful and courteous. Job is diversified and interesting. I look forward to going to work every day.
OK place to work and compensation is good.
Manager (Current Employee), Township of Warren, NJMarch 23, 2015
Pros: cafe, vacation, remote working opportunities
Cons: advancement, real diversity
Great place to start your career with extensive internship programs for recent college graduates. IT consistently on restructure need a new vision.
Professional Environment
Policy Processor (Former Employee), Township of Warren, NJMarch 22, 2015
Nice to place to work. Professionals that come to work and get the job done on a daily basis. A good place to start a career in insurance.
Good company
Project Manager for Deductible Tracking Unit (Former Employee), Simsbury, CTMarch 3, 2015
Pros: strong employee network
Cons: lack of work life balance
I enjoyed this company quite a bit. I returned using a temp agency after staying home with my children and was pleased to see many of the same faces.
Great team of hardworking individuals
Property & Casualty Risk Engineer (Former Employee), New Haven, CTFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: great people to work with
Cons: lots of changes in the operating system for report completion
As a Property Casualty Risk Engineer (PCRE) I was responsible for doing commercial line property surveys, completing reports and providing them to underwriters who based rates on my findings. I worked – more... with a great team of very experienced PCRE's who assisted me on a daily basis. My manager was always helpful with any questions. The hardest part of the job was a shortage of time to get reports done in some cases. – less
great collaboration and teamwork
Customer Service Technician FTS (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: hours, met many people, advancement offered.
Cons: no breaks
Chubb was a good experience. The team I worked with was open and hard working. The hardest part of the job was not taking it home with me daily. The most enjoyable oddly enough was I wanted to take it home.I learned to assist others and complete individual work.
Productive Happy Place
Underwriting Associate - Excess Casualty (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 27, 2015
Great place to work. High stress. High volume large accounts. Great place for advancement.
good
Expense Clerk (Former Employee), White Plains, NYDecember 16, 2014
Pros: great place work
Cons: cant think of any
There was a great group of people working there. A very diverse office staff and large departments.
Positive work environment
Personal Lines Underwriter III (Current Employee), Whitehouse Station, NJDecember 9, 2014
Pros: work from home, good benefits/work culture
Cons: compenstation, room for growth
-Knowledgeable, approachable management
-Flexible work arrangements (work from home)
-Good health insurance benefits/PTO
-Compensation is a bit low compared to competitors
Good environment to work at
Claims Assistant (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CADecember 8, 2014
Pros: room for advancement
This Company gave me the opportunity to grow within the Insurance Industry. I was able to learn Worker's Comp Claims and assist the CEO. I was also exposed to Marketing, General Liability, and Auto Claims. Being bilingual also helped me to work side by side with the adjusters when Spanish speaking claimants would call in to check on inquiries.
Very friendly and caring co-workers
Underwriting Assistant (Former Employee), Whitehouse Station, NJOctober 14, 2014
I enjoyed going to work every day. great place to work. I've gained so much experience working at Chubb. Learning is endless. some of my co workers became my best friends. the hardest part of my job was not be able to socialize because productivity really matters. The most enjoyable part of my job was the relationship I built with internal and external customers.
Good company to work for
IT Technical Specialist - Systems Administrator (Former Employee), Warren, NJOctober 11, 2014
If being treated fairly and paid quickly are important to you when you or your company has a property or casualty insurance loss, then you want Chubb. When you insure with Chubb, you’re buying real insurance.
Great place to work!
Temporary Assignment (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 8, 2014
Pros: metrolink access
Cons: long commute when driving
As a temporary employee with Chubb a typical day at work included supporting claim adjusters with any tasks requested. I learned how to process subpoena's and manage a revolving diary system.
Productive and fun enviroment
Commercial Underwriting Service Associate (Former Employee), White Plains, NYAugust 11, 2014
Pros: flexible work time, great health benefits
Started at 8.00 reviewing my daily assignments
Prioritizing and multi-tasking,
fun envirorment, everyone was treated with respect:
Ive always love a challenge, i never looked at a task as too hard to complete.
Interating with different branches and people.
Excellent Customer Service
Baltimore, MD (Current Employee), Harrisburg, PAAugust 4, 2014
Excellent claims handling and superior customer service. Very knowledgeable and tenured employees.
Overall
Sr. Underwriting Assistant (Former Employee), simsbury ctJuly 31, 2014
Pros: enjoyed the job, flex time
I worked well with my co workers, Was in the insurance field for some time but always learned something new at one.
Diverse products and ethical culture
Senior Underwriter, Excess Casualty and Umbrella (Former Employee), Troy, MIJune 25, 2014
A decent place to work. Not sure about the current management. Have to get on someone's good side or get to HO in New Jersey to get noticed for advancement. It;s more about writing business than writing – more... good business. More ethical than a lot of organizations, though. Good benefits compensation isn't stellar, but they try to maintain profitability so there's job security and the tradeoff is that it's a very respectable and ethical company with a long history. Could do a lot worse than working for Chubb, that's for sure. Probably the nicest offices in the business on the company side. Also, they only do business with the top quality agents and brokers and that's a plus also. Although sometimes that means they throw their weight around to get something that they want done, so there is that type of pressure.

Recommend getting involved in their international and D&O product lines and other evolving product lines. – less
Nice place to work
Web Engineer (Former Employee), New JerseyMay 19, 2014
Have no complaints. Fun place to work and nice working atmosphere.