Chubb Employee Reviews

Productive and encouraging
INLAND MARINE UNDERWRITER (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 11, 2017
The training and atmosphere were such that I was able to flourish. My days were full. I didn't have 2 days that were the same. The hardest part of the job is not violating your underwriting authority. I loved working with problem accounts.
Pros
Training
Cons
Healthcare
Great security
Sales Marketing Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Whitehouse Station, NJOctober 3, 2017
Managed emails and clients accounts of all sizes, Made recommendations based on assessing client's needs. Most enjoyable part was exceeding goals and helping the team as a whole.
Great experience for a legal intern
Claims Intern (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 3, 2017
Chubb provided a wonderful summer internship experience for anyone who is interested in a JD preferred job after graduating law school. In a typical day, I reviewed and summarized global large loss claims across all lines of business.
Senior Claim Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 15, 2017
Great place to work. I enjoyed working for Chubb. My Manager was awesome. The flex hours were great. Chubb allow you to work independently. My day at Chubb gave me a sense of I did a great job.
Pros
Great people
Fast paced work environment
Professional Associate (Former Employee) –  Malvern, PASeptember 13, 2017
High volume work environment and coworkers are all younger/very enjoyable to work with. VERY poor management who is not helpful or assisting with questions.
Pros
good pay, flexible hours
Cons
poor management
Large Enterprise Environment
Team Leader, Senior Insurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Whitehouse Station, NJSeptember 5, 2017
Chubb is a good company despite it's recent acquisition. Career growth can be slow in certain areas, but company is reliable and treats their employees well.
Pros
Flexible hours, understanding management
Cons
Potentially slow career growth
Working at Chubb formally Ace Group
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 5, 2017
I enjoyed working with the different executives at Ace Group. During my time there I was asked to do research for upcoming meetings, and I appreciated the opportunity to put my other talents on display.
Workplace Culture
Underwriting Manager (Current Employee) –  National Capital RegionAugust 28, 2017
The company provides for a competitive workplace. They encourage product innovation and to think outside the box. They provide team building and training as needed.
A terrific place to work!
Sr. Claims Officer-Specialty Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  Simsbury, CTAugust 27, 2017
Strong on-the-job training; terrific people, super intelligent colleagues, challenging work, demanding workload, but balanced. Great benefits and competitive pay.
Review of Chubb
Sr. Business Analyst - IT Integration Team (Current Employee) –  Warren, NJAugust 25, 2017
Excellent corporate culture. Opportunities for advancement.
Diverse company with emphasis on a positive working environment.
Management valued employees.
Acquired Culture
Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Basking Ridge, NJAugust 24, 2017
Company culture-
Fast- paced environment.
Driven to advance in a short amount of time for the market place and stay ahead of the time.

Most roles at the Company-
Travel required to branch offices to access the need for improvement and consistency.
Contribute as a "doer".
Strong Company
Senior Commercial Claim Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 9, 2017
The culture at CHUBB is unique in that they promote and embrace diversity. I have enjoyed my time at CHUBB. The product and attitude toward customer satisfaction places CHUBB above the rest.
Pros
Cons
High Claim Volume
Came in at the wrong time
Global Field Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 2, 2017
Great job except that I came in during a restructuring. My role was changed with no training. This was one of my most favorite roles because I got to visit clients, prospects and then underwrite very unusual risks such as 18 leased firetrucks in Iraq. I was able to put together a CE class for agents. I was never bored.
Pros
Interesting insurance products
One dimenitional
Director Development/IT Operations (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 26, 2017
This company management is not dynamic. They have some employees that are willing to go the mile but no compensated. Management is partial to their friends.
Great People
Sr. Claims Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 18, 2017
I work with a great group of people. We are always doing fun things at work and outside of work. I have been with the company for over 34 years, and I do like my job and especially the people I work with, but unfortunately there is no room for advancement in my department.
Pros
Great Location in Pittsburgh, Great people to work with, some fun outings & functions
Cons
No room for advancement in my field; flex schedule was taken away
Many Opportunities
Executive Assistant, HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COJuly 3, 2017
Working there gave me many opportunities to do interesting and diverse projects. It was a lovely work environment with many young and intelligent people.
Pros
Office building had a cafe and coffee shop
Cons
Elitist Management
Chubb temp contract
Temporary Position - Jacobson Talent Agency (Former Employee) –  Whitehouse Station, NJJune 29, 2017
Scheduling meeting (US & International) for SVPs of Global IT
Maintaining Calendars
Inventory of Supplies
Coordinating Meetings
General Office Duties
Big Company - Insurance Market Leader
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Whitehouse Station, NJJune 28, 2017
Perhaps the largest and most sophisticated global insurance carrier. Which means that you can learn a lot about the insurance industry and really expand your career in the insurance industry.

You will work with some of the industry's highest and best professionals.
Pros
Market leader
Cons
Frequent merger and aquisition results in dysfunctional culture.
Overworked
Auto claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  O'Fallon, MOJune 13, 2017
This could be a great place to work, however there is no formal training in place, and you are set up to fail. The first two years I was there you work 50-80 hours a week with no appreciation, management only cares about numbers, and not the people.
Past and Present
Commercial Lines Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 11, 2017
Before Merger.... Productive, Fun, lots of advancement, team oriented, fast pace, so much Team Support and interactive between branches, etc. Social times to joke and laugh with co-workers for a spell. People started out of High School and stayed. Great benefits, really was a great company to start and retire from with a lot of respect of employees and positive attitudes etc.

Since Merger in 2016..... hit the floor running daily. Work Harder, not smarter. Management changes upper and lower took away the Company Dynamic. Many persons took early retirement, overall turn over increased, most Chubb Employees have a sad attitude of stress, out of control and overall miserable and unhappy.

After so many years though, the best part of my day is still the Customer Service side of it. Have gained professional relationships across the globe and continue to be resource for many. Reputation follows and they know I am there to help.
Same Name, but not the same company.
Upside, this Job has been very rewarding, never boring, always challenging, always changing and until recently, known as the Gold Band of Insurance Companies.
Pros
Telecommuting, Flex Scheduling, Web Ex Training, decent Benefits, on the job training, advancement opportunities if in TX or AZ or willing to re-locate.
Cons
Extreme Fast Paced w/ very little people interaction

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chubb. Our community is ready to answer.