Chubb Employee Reviews

Most horrific experience of my life
Underwriting Associate (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 6, 2017
Unorthodox. Innapropriate. Mismanaged. Just an all around horrible place to work. The worst job (Underwriting Associate) I have ever had in my life.
Cons
Its a great company. You just have to learn how to play the game of politics.
Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VADecember 28, 2016
Overall I think Chubb is a great company. Some members of management not so much. But the company has great benefits and some great co-workers. But do not make friends.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
Management is different
Headed in the wrong direction
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSDecember 11, 2016
In the interview process I was advised that it would be only 4-5 claims per day and eventually bodily injury claims would be assigned later down the road with appropriate training. I had two informal weeks of training and was thrown out on the floor. One week after being assigned claims I was given bodily injury and premise claims with NO TRAINING AT ALL! About three weeks in we began to get 7-10 claims a day!! We were basically sold something in the interview to get us in the door and now we're stuck until we find something else.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Benefits, training, technology, management, standard operating procedures.
Chubb Limited
Assistant Vice President/Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 21, 2016
Strong company focused on underwriting discipline and internal advancement of employees. Nurturing culture for growth.
Good company to work for.
Accounting Associate (Former Employee) –  Warren, NJNovember 1, 2016
Great benefits, very diverse culture. Co-workers were great to work with. Gained a lot of knowledge and experience in the insurance industry. Department was flexible with work/life balance.
Mediocre
Underwriter Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 15, 2016
Company medicare people stay to themselves for most part company doesn't offer and glitz and glamour come to work and produce they don't care about anything else. Managers aren't really friendly which makes the employee standoff is . Keep track of your work and attendance will fire you with no notice or warning
Pros
Stability
Cons
Morale is down, need a better starting salary
Challenged me daily. Loved my customers and colleagues.
Global Services Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 12, 2016
I was the international liaison between USA underwriters and our foreign offices when a customer needed an insurance policy anywhere outside of the USA. I negotiated with our foreign offices for the customer, from start to finish, when the policy was issued. I was very self-sufficient, a great problem solver and had an excellent rapport with my superiors. I worked with awesome colleagues around the world. I was entrusted to work from home the last several years of my employment, and, my productivity was even greater, not having the interruptions and noise of the office. I won awards for "Best Service in the World" twice after I began working from home. The most enjoyable part of the job was the interaction with my colleagues and customers.
Pros
Working from home, excellent pay, health insurance, benefits and vacation time.
Satisfied
AVP, Complex Casualty & Litigation (Current Employee) –  Basking Ridge, NJSeptember 5, 2016
Good Work environment, good compensation. Management is very technical and knowledgable. Many ongoing changes for the good. Challenging environment but very satisfying
An interesting time of transition with the merger of Chubb and ACE
Human Resources Coordinator (Current Employee) –  United StatesAugust 28, 2016
Chubb had a progressive culture that supported high morale with low turnover. The challenge will be integrating ACE in such a way as to continue this trend. Hopefully the transitioned company will emerge on the other side stronger and not weaker.
Grateful for the experience
Assistant Vice President & Senior Claim Analyst (Former Employee) –  Township of Warren, NJAugust 22, 2016
I am grateful to Chubb for the incredible opportunities they afforded me during my tenure. It is a highly professional and high stressed environment. However, to whom much is given much is expected and that certainly is the case at Chubb. Again, I am grateful for the time I spent there.
Pros
Highly professional group of employees
ACE bought Chubb and kept Chubb brandname
REGIONAL WEB APPLICATIONS MANAGER LATAM (Current Employee) –  Miami-Dade County, FLAugust 17, 2016
getting work at chubb is have a nice day with the environment that provides us with.

Due to the multiple applications that are are implementing is requires of much knowledge with the latest technologies.

Working for Chubb allows us to keep us updated in the area of information technology and systems management area.

I have a group of collaborators who oversaw in which we have created a good working environment by sharing knowledge and functions of our tasks of every day to provide the best service that the business requires.

When one enjoys what ago and likes the more difficult it becomes in the more easy to respond to any problems that may occur. Every day that I wake up is to submit many viscicitudes work but when one arrives with a mood of work everything will be only a setback.

Everything I do in my job I enjoy it because what I learned by vocation not by obligation and I like what I do.
Unprofessional, horrible place to work
Sr. WC adjuster (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAAugust 14, 2016
I worked at this company for almost 2 years. I came in with experience in the Workers compensation industry, so I was very familiar with jurisdictional and typical claims practices. I was hired to cover NC, VA and SC. Once I got there, I was given a totally different jurisdiction. This is not an issue, as I am up for learning new states, but I was given takeover claims from another TPA in the amount of 200 files! With no formal training of the systems and with no time to get familiar with the new jurisdiction! It all went downhill from there. Management is very unprofessional. You have to be in the 'cool kid's' circle to get anywhere. I ultimately was given option to leave with severance and I took it. This the most unprofessional place (and ethically questionable) I have ever encountered. Stay away if you value your career in WC.
Pros
Decent salary
Cons
Unprofessional atmosphere, cliques, horrible training practices
Productive and fun to help customers
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 25, 2016
Wells Fargo is a really great place to work. You get to help so many people with their finances, Learned a lot about customer service and many banking services.
Pros
Great benefits
Chubb is ACE in culture
Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  New JerseyJuly 20, 2016
Chubb is now ACE and with that comes a change in culture to the ACE environment. In acquiring Chubb, ACE not only sought to expand it's operations into the agency market and high end personal lines, but they also bought the Chubb name. ACE had developed a poor reputation among experienced insurance professionals due to the culture that derives from the highest level of leadership through claims management in PA and NJ. ACE claims management is beset with technically incompetent mangers concerned more with their own political positioning with Sr. Management than results and integrity when dealing with their subordinates. This is primarily at the AVP level and above. There are many recent positive reviews of the company which coinciding with ACE's desire to change their brand name may warrant some degree of skepticism regarding the their authenticity.
ACE has made a concerted effort to recruit new entrants into the workforce who are unaware of their culture.
Claims managers are much more concerned with appearance and things that do not add value to the process. For example, be prepared to have a claims manager focus more on grammatical errors in reserve/authority request than the accuracy of an interpretation of a jurisdictional issue and analysis of exposure in general.
ACE provides decent compensation and a good benefit package due to the scope of their operations but the cultural issues are still the albatross for this organization.
Benefits
Cons
Culture and AVP and above level management.
Time at Chubb
Underwriting Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 12, 2016
Very sociable workplace. great work/life balance. very slight window of advancement after company was purchased. learned about state regulations regarding account upkeep.
Great place to work.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Whitehouse Station, NJJune 21, 2016
I worked for Chubb for 6 years, and it was a great experience, as I've worked with many different people there doing a lot of different functions. The experience and learning opportunity was well appreciated, as I love learning and doing different things.
Pros
Great People
Great company with financial strength
Partnership Associate (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 14, 2016
Multi billion dollar world wide company with great financial strength. The company has had large acquisitions in recent years and will take over the insurance market in the coming years. Great people to work with and a great number of long term employees.
Pros
Great benefits
Great learning opportunities
agent (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 10, 2016
Learned a lot about a variety of people. I acquired a lot of business education and worked with a great bunch of people. I started int mail room and worked my way up to an agent booking about 3 million dollars.
Chubb
Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 10, 2016
Prior to recent acquisition, excellent culture and opportunities for growth. Smart management committed to keeping sound founding principles in place. Enjoyed working there for over 5 years.
Pros
Compensation, work culture
Cons
Technology
Productive place to work
USAA (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 6, 2016
Would recommend for anyone starting out, however; it is not a "new" company, have not had that much experience with the new management as of yet since the buy over 6 months ago.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chubb. Our community is ready to answer.