Chuck E. Cheese Employee Reviews

Found 1,633 reviews matching the search
can be fun but can get stressful
Party Hostess\ Birthday Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Granada Hills, CAApril 28, 2017
overall I would say I enjoyed working here but at times it was just not fair and some workers were not professional and didn't care which gave me more work, which wasn't horrible but it was more work added on to my plate. most of the employees were around my age which was cool but some weren't mature enough for the job. it did get stressful with rude guests who don't understand I didn't come up w prices amd rules we have but I was able to work through it
Pros
working w those my age
Cons
rude guests and managment being unfair
New enviroment and fun.
Assist guest (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 26, 2017
I supervised a staff of 23 young kids as they conducted parties for 4-8 hour shifts. Make sure every birthday child enjoyed their party and the parent had minimal tasks to do.
Pros
Fun enviroment
Cons
Unorganized Management
I did not like it.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAApril 25, 2017
Chuck E. Cheese would be the perfect job for a 16 year old. I am not. Management was poor to me due to the fact that most of the staff was over worked and the staff was mostly 16 years old. It's not their fault that they are kids, although I wish management didn't treat them like they were their parents. I didn't like having at second mom or dad at my job. I wanted a boss instead.
Good first job
Party Hostess/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLApril 25, 2017
Started when I was still in high school and there was many people working there that were my age so we had fun. It was a good experience working with the kids.
Pros
Sometimes got the extra made food for free
Cons
Cut a lot of my hours
Very Friendly
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 25, 2017
A typical workday will consist of me standing up front and checking parents and their kids in with a special stamp on there left hand to make sure that they all leave together and no one leaves with the wrong parent.
Good place to learn many aspects of business administration
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CA 91504April 24, 2017
I worked here for 14 years I acquired many job skills unfortunately since the main business happens in the weekend we are required to work Saturday and Sunday making difficult to balance work and life.
Pros
Innovation, room for advancement, constant training
Cons
No a competitive compensation for the amount of work that needs to be done
Crazy Job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Orange, CTApril 23, 2017
Salary and benefits are good. Long hours though and you have to be able to work with teenagers, the whole staff is kids. Weekends are crazy and you should know how to deal with breaking up fights, they continually happen at this location
Fun work enviroment with perks
Manager/Opening cordinator (Current Employee) –  Florence, KYApril 23, 2017
Very down to earth environment, Has its perks as far as birthday parties and events for families. Most enjoyable part of the job is doing birthday parties and making tips.
Pros
free meals
Cons
not good pay
productive and fun work place
Senior Manager/Acting GM- (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJApril 22, 2017
making smiles for all kids and families, making birthday wishes come true. creative surprises for all ages, putting smiles on everyone's face. Saving families money with bundles of savings.
N/a
I was a Cashier,and cook. (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCApril 21, 2017
I learn how to make pizza, but at first I was nervous about working the kitchen since it seemed like a difficult job. But it got easier as time went buy and I was in the kitchen.

Want to know more about Chuck E. Cheese?

Ask a question
Fun work enviroment.
Party Hostess (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEApril 19, 2017
A typical day at work involved hosting parties and keeping guests happy and satisfied. I learned many things on how to approach customers that shaped my customer service experience.
Typical work day
Asst. Manager and Showroom/Party Host (Former Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDApril 19, 2017
a typical work day for me was to host parties and ensure that all customers leave happy. i also had to make sure that all of the customer host that i had to oversee were doing their job.
Pros
It was a friendly work environment.
Cons
They did not pay very well.
fun enviroment but also poor managment
Party Host, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 19, 2017
Working at chuck e cheese was fun but also the poor management was very hard to comprehend with. The most enjoyable part of my job was hosting parties.
Pros
discount lunch, hosting parties were fun, fun enviroment
Cons
no benefits, short hours, poor management
Not a good work envoriment
Crew Member/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Santa Maria, CAApril 18, 2017
Not very good mangement. A lot of Favoritism . They don't take harassment serious. Rude and disrespectful mangers. Hr doesn't take claim seriously. Not a very good work environment
A very stressful job
Opening Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Santa Maria, CAApril 18, 2017
This place needs a lot of work. The management at this location needs work and the favoritism at the work makes it hassle to get things done. No one is used to hard work and they have a bad habit of getting mad when things aren't already done for them. There is also a lack of communication and the hr department does nothing to resolve important issues.
Pros
A great first job
Cons
There is a lot of favoritism I. The work environment which make it hard to do ones job
Fun at times
Game Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAApril 18, 2017
Working here had its ups and downs. On busy nights it could be overwhelming, especially having to close... some nights we would be in the building nearing twelve in the morning.
Fun part-time teen job. Minimum wage.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COApril 18, 2017
Fun job at the time. Moved my way up to management. I thought the pay was decent but in retrospect not enough for how hard they work you. Management is tough. No advancement once you're there.
Pros
Free food.
Cons
No breaks or benefits.
Fun Workplace
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Lemon Grove, CAApril 17, 2017
Positive place to work in, because your constantly moving around and communicating with other kinds of people. I enjoyed it for the most part. It can get pretty busy and exhausting. A lot of dramaall the time. Love it!
Cons
Short breaks, Benefits
Loved it
Kitchen Attendant (Former Employee) –  Akron, OH 44333April 13, 2017
This is just a positive place to work in, because your constantly surrounded by kids. That being said i enjoyed it for the most part. Its constantly busy so be prepared to work hard.
Workplace is very un professional would not recommend for anyone to work here
Party Host (Former Employee) –  Parkville, MDApril 13, 2017
The work place is very unpleasant and un professional no one wants to actually do their job so much drama and conflict is here if you are an outcast they will make you feel unwelcomed
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
Short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chuck E. Cheese. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9