Chuck E. Cheese

Chuck E. Cheese Employer Reviews

Fun place to work
Server and Cast Member (Former Employee), Columbus IndianaFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: free pizza, happy children
Cons: the music starts to get old, but thats as bad as it gets, so its good.
I worked for Chuck E. Cheese for 3 1/2 years. It was a lively, fun envirnemt for the staff and guests. I did play as the character "Chuck E. himself" in hourly live shows as well as birthday shows. It was a lot of fun. I really enjoyed that time of my life.
It has become to stressful, and is not worth working there anymore.
Team 2 trainer (Current Employee), Mays Landing, NJFebruary 27, 2015
I been working there for about five years, my experiences there has been phenomenon but is not worth my time working there anymore. the co-workers are great they are all hard worker, the management team they're something i call (complication). the hardest part for me is having to work for less than minimum wage after being there for almost five plus knowing that the new employees are getting paid more than me, that's heart breaking but i'm still there because of the fear of saying something and become unemployment.
Great for work experiance
Customer service/ party hostess (Former Employee), elk grove, CAFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: discount food and drinking
During school hours, not busy but after school it could get a little crazy, nothing we weren't trained to handled. Overall CEC had gave great work experienced and we were able to change positions.
A Child's Place
Cast Crew Member (Former Employee), Columbus, GAFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: unorganized management
Working at Chuck E. Cheese's exposed me to all types of customers. It showed me how to work with children, young adults, and older people. The only downfall was the management. We had new management every month and sometimes it was unorganized. The managers were not on the same page and the place was filthy. I felt like no one was really doing their job..Including the managers.
Open Concept
Manager, Workers' Compensation Claims (Former Employee), Irving, TXFebruary 24, 2015
Cons: benefits and compensation
When I started at CEC Entertainment, Inc. it was a family oriented and employee appreciated. The most enjoyable part of my job was building my team and encouraging them to better themselves.
Chuck E Cheese was definetly the job I enjoyed the most
Game room attendant (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDFebruary 22, 2015
Chuck E Cheese as a store was pretty solid, but it didnt seem under control as if the customers could take over at any minute, i think cuk E cheese is a fun working enviornent with low wages. dont expect a raise.
Potentially fun workplace with children and music
Cashier/Greeter (Former Employee), Union, NJFebruary 22, 2015
A typical day at work would involved me watching videos with another employee trying to learn the skills and guidelines of working at Chuck E Cheeses. I have not learned much from this workplace besides the fact that training is vital and it is important to know what youre doing instead of just winging it. The management was ok they were very communicative with old employees but not so much with new employees. The co-workers werent very receptive of new members of the team. The hardest part of the job was trying to figure out what to do during my shift and the most enjoyable was dancing with Chuck E Cheeses for the children.
Dumb
Game Room/Busser (Former Employee), Everett, MAFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: free lunch, fun on slow days, alot of characters to meet when ppl walk in.
Cons: managers can suck, road shows, the mouse was hot, kids are aoyyning messy, and loud, no help when working espically on a busy day
Clock in and start doing a coin drop which is to check if every game is working, by then you have a lot of work to catch up with. Dirty tables, plus coin jams that happen after the coin drop, spills would be cleaned up by me, at the same time make sure every game is filled with tickets, greeting guests, then every hour on the 30 a roadshow will perform that's when the mouse would come out and dance to throw tickets.

That that place sucks overall, you have no help and you get out really late, 2 AM at times, there wasn't time to do everything in 1 shift,

management varied depended on the manager working it sucked at time and it was awesome at time

co workers were lazy and never wanted to help

hardest part was getting everything done in one shift

NOTHING WAS ENJOYABLE
Great working environment
Installation/Migration Specialist (Current Employee), Irving, TexasFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: fast past
Cons: small building
Everyday is an adventure
Learning new technology
Friendly atmosphere
monthly town home meeting w/CEO
Open door policy
Fun Place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Roseville MIFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: fun and easy
Cons: to many parties
If you are a high school kid who enjoy making the day of kids then this is an ideal job.
Its Always something to do
And the job is pretty easy depending on the quarter.
fun place
Chef (Former Employee), Frederick, MDFebruary 15, 2015
honestly i don't know why i quit, but it was a fun job and i enjoyed cooking there. the only problem i would say was that when you work there each section has one person managing it and it can get tough when busy.
It was pleasant to see smiles on children's faces everyday.
Kid check/greeter, cashier (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INFebruary 15, 2015
A typical day at work involved me showing great hospitality my entire work shift, as well as making sure everything looked neat and clean. I also worked as a cashier for a small chuck of my time there. The biggest thing I learned was probably being a cashier since it was my first time ever dealing with a register. The management team always looked over each employee to make sure we were all on task. My job did not involve me being around my co-workers too often, though when I was around them they usually made work more delightful. The hardest part about my job was tearing down the salad bar on the days it was assigned to me. What I enjoyed most about working at Chuck E. Cheese was observing how excited each kid got when they walked in the building.
Good place for kids but not for work.
Cashier (Former Employee), Frederick, MDFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: discount on food.
Cons: short breaks.
This wasn't a good place to work. I wouldn't recommend applying here. After all the trouble I went through to get this job, it wasn't worth it. They would only have maybe 3 workers work each day. Too many people were on pay roll and they couldn't afford it. When I worked they had me do 3 peoples jobs at once. Poor scheduling, I got maybe 10 hours a week at most. The managers wouldn't help out with anything when there were things to get done. Not a good experience.
Fun workplace
Game room Attendant (Former Employee), Rochester Hills, MIFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: work environment
Cons: employer showed favoritism to others
A typical day of work consisted of making sure all games were working properly. Also, cleaning tables and games after the business closed.
gReat and productive
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Peoria, ILFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: great breaks, great co-workers
My day consisted of helping kids and and cleaning up mostly but it was a good job. I learned how to work at a steady pace without messing up or making mistakes while doing it.
fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 9, 2015
It was a busy, fast pace fun job to work. A lot of kids running around having fun. It was a place where anyone could be a kid again.
Chuck E. Cheese's
Cashier, Host, Kid Check (Former Employee), Paramus, NJFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: tips from being a party host, growth.
Cons: no job security. short breaks.
Although CEC seems like it is a fun place to work, it is very busy and very hectic. Working with children and parents can be difficult because you always have to be more than alert and cautious with your surrounding while also spreading positive energy. I enjoyed being a party host because I do not mind interacting with the children.
Family oriented , safe enviornment , dining , fun for all ages , and friendly.!
Team Trainer (Current Employee), Concord, NcFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: being in a fun place while working and it's a friendly and safe environment.
Cons: gets very busy and overwhelming at times.
Typical day at work for me at Chuck E. Cheese , involves me working at the cash register , providing fast and well customer service. Making sure the guests have an enjoyable experience. Also working at the prize center , giving ou prizes to the childern and making sure they have magical fun experience while at Chuck E Cheeses.
fun place to work
Game Room Attendant (Former Employee), Goldsboro, NCJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: fun, exciting, flexible hours
Cons: not a lot of hours
Fun work enviroment, nice co-workers and management. I didn't receive a lot of hours.
Very neat and productive place to work with delicious pizza to eat.
Maintenance Worker (Current Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: discounts, free tokens
Cons: short hours working, kids sickness
My weekly routines are the same. Monday's are maintenance day, Tuesdays are kitchen, Wednesdays are kid check, Thursdays/Friday is kitchen, and Saturdays are party hosting. While working at Chuck E Cheese I have learned many multitasking skills such as: excellent communication, listening, and problem solving skills. My co-workers are very supportive and trustworthy. I have made may friends working here. The hardest part about my job is making dough because I have very large hands, so it's hard to maneuver it sometimes when making buns. My favorite part about the job is the discounts on food. It saves me a lot of money.

1 2 3 4 5

About Chuck E. Cheese

CEC Entertainment, Inc.is engaged in the family dining and entertainment center business. The Company develops, operates and franchise – Read more

Chuck E. Cheese Photos