Chuck E. Cheese

Chuck E. Cheese Employer Reviews

Productive, fun and kid friendly
Certified Team 2 Trainer (Former Employee), Raleigh, North CarolinaDecember 26, 2014
I normally train new and existing employees in all general areas and job specific areas. I mainly train employees on parties and cashier. I teach them how to open and close these areas and maintain a upbeat and positive environment.
Great Company,Awesome Learning Experience
Game room Technician (Former Employee), Orange Park, FLDecember 21, 2014
Pros: great environment
Chuck E. Cheese's was a great company to work for. I learned all my basic customer service skills through my employment with Chuck E. Cheese's. The most enjoyable part of my job would have to be the smiling faces of all the kids playing games, and interacting with each other.
great inverment and loveable people
Cashier (Current Employee), Long Beach, CADecember 19, 2014
Pros: metting new people
Cons: geeting upset guess from the beggining
I love working there your always busy its never a boring moment and your always meeting new people great conversation. A typical day at work is always joyful management is very lovely feel like a second family while working with all of my-co workers. And your always Learning new things even when we get some guess that are angry I love the enjoyment – more... of turning there day around with what we learn in training – less
Productive and fun work place with family time.
Cahiser (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLDecember 17, 2014
Pros: discount meals
Cons: i cant think of any cons.
My review about Chuck E Cheese is great because the families that came in got a chance to spend time with each other. I had great co-workers that helped on my first day there. The management was great and still is. I've learned that working with others is a great thing because you learn different things. The most enjoyable part of the job was when it – more... was time for the birthday parties, and I got a chance to sing and dance with the kids. – less
Would have been great but...
ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER (Former Employee), Woodstock/McCalla/Tuscaloosa, AlabamaDecember 12, 2014
Pros: fun job
Cons: went out of business
The company went out of business due to bad management and new companies with innovative ideas. I was sad when we closed.
No advancement, low pay, long hours
Senior Assistant Manager/Kitchen Manager (Current Employee), Johnson City, TNDecember 8, 2014
Very few opportunity for advancement, low pay, terrible benefits, long hours
it was fun for a first job
Cashier/Party hostess Customer Services (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXDecember 8, 2014
Cons: t
i liked working here cause i get to deal with kids and it our managers were great and i get discounts on all the food and it was cool
Productive, fast paced.
Crew Member (Former Employee), Olathe, KSDecember 1, 2014
Pros: free lunches and drinks.
Cons: hard on feet, loosing mind cause of screaming kids, sometimes even the parents get on you cause of something really not worth getting on about.
Pretty much show up , clock in, stand a ton and deal with kids and sometimes and/ or often deal with some of the snootier parents thank think they're more important than you.
Fun work place
Cast Member (Former Employee), Lima, OHDecember 1, 2014
Pros: high energy atmosphere
Cons: lack of upward mobility
A typical day is to ensure that parents have a safe place to enjoy and celebrate their child or children birthday's or maybe just a surprise visit.
Fun fast paced workplace
Game Room Attendant (Former Employee), Brentwood, CANovember 28, 2014
Pros: free food, fun environment, coworkers were great
Cons: promotion was not worth all the paperwork and training
A normal day as a game room attendant consisted of playing every single game at the beginning of the shift which was pretty fun for the first week. After a while it just became routine. Mondays we did game pull where we counted all the tokens and that usually took up an 8 hour shift.

As the PM guy, a normal day included everything listed above PLUS – more... maintaining from 4-7 games a day. (ie cleaning inside and out of games)

I learned how to fix minor things in games, the main tech stuff we left to the tech guy. But I was able to learn how to fix jams in coin mechs and ticket mechs, and for some games I was able to get more of a run down on how it worked.

Management was pretty alright. They liked you if you knew what you were doing and you were doing it right. If they noticed you do a good job then it's pretty easy to move up. Got my raise 2 months in.

Co workers were great, we all got along, never had any drama, all had a good time together.

Hardest part of the job was that people always called game room to do multiple things at once when you had your own specific job to be doing.

Most enjoyable part of the job would be getting to work with tech. Being able to play the games and see how they worked was pretty interesting. And if guests wouldn't know how to play a game you could show them how or just play with them. – less
Great place if you like children
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Worcester, MANovember 25, 2014
Pros: friendly management, children
Cons: loud, salad bar
Loved this as my first job. Maintaining the salad bar was a pain but other than that very good job to have! mananger Uli was great. best part of the job seeing all the children so happy (most of the time)
Difficult but productive workplace
Cast Member (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYNovember 23, 2014
Pros: free lunch
A typical day at work, includes clocking in, and then proceeding to follow directions given by managers and/or co-workers. My day would often consist of doing birthday parties, and if there weren't any parties I would work in the kitchen or at the merchandise counter. Working at CEC I've learned about how to treat guests, and to effectively make sure – more... each guest leaves happy. My general manager was a bit difficult to deal with, at times he was a bit evasive and irrational. Besides his flaws, things always got done on his watch. My co-workers were friendly, we considered each other family and always helped each other out when it was needed. The hardest part of the Job was dealing with unhappy parents at birthday parties, even though I did my job as a Party Hostess there were always catastrophes that made their visit one of the worst. Aside from the negativity of parents, the best part of the job was getting hugs from happy children because I gave them one of the best birthdays they've ever had. That was always the highlight of my day, having a 6 year old run up to you and thank you for making their day special. – less
i love the job
Senior Assistant Manager (Current Employee), SCNovember 19, 2014
I enjoy it. the job is a lot of fun it just requires to much of my time being that I am a single parent.
Great Coworkers
Team 2 Trainer (Former Employee), Rancho Cucamonga, CANovember 18, 2014
You will meet friends and coworkers that are the nicest people you will ever meet. There's not too many places where you can find those friendships. It's hard to move up in the company, and wages aren't that great. The schedule is very flexible also.
Great Place to work
N/A (Former Employee), N/ANovember 13, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Enjoyed working with kids.
Love making guest and children happy.
Making sure everyone was taking care of.
Not having Benefits
Dealing With Games And Food
Cook, Coin Count and Maintenance (Former Employee), Roseville, MINovember 12, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: no healthcare and no hours
I Learn How to Make Pizza Dough and Pizza and Dealing With Kids and Games.
Long time ago
Kitchen Manager / Party Coordinator (Former Employee), Sterling Heights, MINovember 12, 2014
Worked with a younger crowd. Hard to keep them in line. Very fast paced on the weekends. OVERTIME
Work Place
Game room attendant (Former Employee), Berwyn, PANovember 11, 2014
Managers are nice and fun, never a dull moment. helped me to be a better supervisor at my job now, was trained to train people after only 5 months of working .
Enjoyable workplace
Game Room Attendant/Costume Character (Former Employee), Marietta, GANovember 10, 2014
Pros: flexible with hours
Cons: short breaks, understaffed
I was responsible for ensuring that all guests had a safe, clean, fun and overall good experience. Welcomed and interacted with guests, led party celebrations and played games.
Learned how to maintain the arcade games correctly and safely; fixed the machines when broken. Cleaned tables, games, sky tubes, and floors.
The hardest part of the job was dressing – more... up as the Chuck E Cheese mouse and entertaining all the young children.
The most enjoyable part of the job was fixing the games when they were not working correctly. – less
Easy Job and Terrible Work Environment
Cast Member (Former Employee), Glendale, AZ 85308November 10, 2014
Cons: no one was ever happy including management, favoritism and not paid enough, this is just a terrible place to work in general
A typical work day included cleaning the restaurant, making sure kids leave with the adult they came with through the kid check stand at the entrance, delivering quality food to guests at their tables, and host birthday parties. I didn't really learn much because everything was basic common sense and it was an easy job. There was nothing hard about – more... this job. This job was far from enjoyable. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Chuck E. Cheese

CEC Entertainment, Inc.is engaged in the family dining and entertainment center business. The Company develops, operates and franchise – Read more

Chuck E. Cheese Photos