Chuck E. Cheese

Chuck E. Cheese United States Employee Reviews

Loud, Energetic, sometimes Really Fast, but I had fun.
Game Room Attendant (Former Employee), Burnsville, MNApril 19, 2015
Pros: Working with Children, Discounts on food, and Free Drinks
As a game room attendant, from the get-go, I worked constantly. It was difficult at first to adjust, but it takes time to get the techniques and procedures down. If you come in showing that you are willing to work hard, the chances of you getting more hours when you want is more likely.

I had a lot of fun working with the kids and interacting with them. Seeing that I could put a smile on a child's face gave me the drive to keep doing what I was doing. That only improved more when I could make an entire family have a great time while I was working.

My coworkers were all different in personality, but a common theme was that they were helpful, over-achieving, and friendly. It could just be me, but I was treated kindly by my coworkers and managers. I also learned through my experience there was that I tend to work myself to the bone, and my managers and coworkers actually looked out for me and talked to me about it.

The hardest part of the job would typically be closing. The amount of time given to close the entire store seemed undoable at first, but with experience, it became a little more possible. Although it seems negative, the managers do their job and have others help when they can if you are falling behind.
This job has helped me grow
Showroom Hostess/Team 2/Party Coordinator/ Cashier (Current Employee), Alexandria, LAApril 18, 2015
Pros: I've learned a lot from this job
Cons: Long shifts
I've been at Chuck E Cheese since I was 16. Working there has helped be grow out of my shell as a shy teenager and taught me how to properly handle stress and responsibility.
soooo many changes!!
General Manager (Former Employee), Irving, TXApril 15, 2015
The concept is sound , the work challenging but exciting and rewarding.18 months ago the company was purchased by a much larger corporations.
The changes have been extreme and rapid. When the dust settles and the company is sold yet again , I believe it will return to "the place everyone wants to work at". Until that day , i greatly admire those who continue to labor through the difficult transition.To all of you keep hanging in there and everything Will work out for the better!
Loved working at Chuck E Cheese, awsome managment and co-workers.
Cashier/Marketing (Former Employee), San Bruno, CAApril 14, 2015
Pros: Honestley everything I loved it.
Cons: Children trying to pull you down while wearing the costume.
Working at this place of employment was great. It was very loud but it never bothered me because it was a very happy environment very everyone. I learned many techniques on how to deal with a lot of crazy and bizarre situations. The manager was wonderful he listened to the need of employees and customers and offered to let employees to learn to job skills. Every employee was very welcoming never any issues. The hardest part of this job for me would be the ticket area, the children wanting something they could not get. Every moment of this job was wonderful A+.
Amazing employer
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Richland, WAApril 11, 2015
Pros: co-workers, management team, and hours/wage.
Cons: job security
Awesome company to work for. Amazing owner, employer, and upper management team. I enjoyed every day I worked, I enjoyed both the company and owner. I learned so much about both myself and the business while working there. I appreciate everyone I worked with, and the experience. The most difficult part about this job is job security, and the best part about this job is the team and environment. Every day was a challenge, but a fun challenge, a challenge that helps one grow.
Childrens Entertainment
Kitchen Staff (Current Employee), Manchester, NHApril 11, 2015
Fun place to work for. Games are frequently breaking down or out of tickets. Managers are hard working. Staff is always quick to assist guests
Happy Place
Team leader, server, store character (Former Employee), Lakewood, CAApril 10, 2015
I loved working for Chuck E. Cheese. They have good medical coverage and benefits. They pay very well. My typical day at work was always very easy going. Management was great. I work very well with all my co-workers.
Fast paced and enthusiastic environment
Team Leader, Cashier, and Cook (Former Employee), Columbus, GAApril 9, 2015
This establishment requires hard work and dedication. The district manager over the southeast region was an excellent and caring leader.
Human Resources
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKApril 7, 2015
Pros: fun, fast pace, benefits
Cons: long shifts, stressful, overload work
Don't get caught up in HR because without seeing any truth to situations they will fire yo
Its a fun location and place to work and room for advancement is easy just make sure you work at the right locations.
productive work enviornment
COORDINATOR/ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee), Valencia, CAApril 2, 2015
This job has challenges with the children and parents making sure everyone that left the building had a magical experience
Fun environment.
Assistant Tech (Current Employee), Dublin, OhioApril 2, 2015
Pros: Free Lunch
Cons: Management organization
The management are extremely unorganized. Very flexible with scheduling. Poor training methods. Don't look for a position at Chuck E Cheese if you are just starting off and looking to gain quality experience in your trade.
fun games
Greeter (Former Employee), Hayward, CAMarch 31, 2015
Cons: 10 minute breaks
Working with the smallest group of kids is very great and exciting. Ive learned to be responsible with the kids, and to make sure that my work surrounding were clean. the manager was very nice but i just had complaints about my checks. the co-workers were nice and very friendly, i felt like i knew them for a long period of time.the most hardest part of the job were that i had to stand in one spot for 4 hours straight to greet the parents and the children.
Horrible place to work
General Manager (Former Employee), TexasMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Money was good
Cons: Long hours, bad upper management
Upper management is really bad, they don't care. No support, no help. No opportunity for advancement, working hard doesn't mean anything at all.
Not one of my best work experiences.
Team Member (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Great Co-workers, vibrant customers, and decent hours.
Cons: Horrible management, Sometimes no breaks, and dirty environment.
Horrible Management. lots of verbal abuse in front of customers daily from management due to stress from a busy day or customer complaints.Co-workers were great and made the job environment more pleasant.
fun work place
Cashier, kitchen, Birthday Coordinator (Current Employee), Independence, MOMarch 27, 2015
Pros: kids, free food, higher promotion, great co workers
Cons: angry people, cleaning bathrooms
My day at Chuck E. Cheese was very exciting but busy. I like the rush because I get to see my self run around and tackle problems that need to be handle. When we are busy we tend to get so far behind that I am requested to jump to different areas. My boss tells me I'm always calm and that I should keep showing people how it's done. I typically work as a cashier then jump to the kitchen and work road shows. Road shows are when Chuck E. come out and dance with little kids and I am the speaker that gives the kids instruction to have fun.
Has ups and downs
Team Two Trainer (Current Employee), Stockton, CAMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Discounted lunch
Cons: Weekend job, inconsistent schedule
While working for this company, I have gained much experience. I have noticed, however, that Chuck E. Cheese facilities, from all across California, have extremely high turn-over rates. This is due to improper management. While some managers are great to work with, others are hostile and biased. They play favorites, and expect those below to be at their beck and call. It is a great starter job, but one shouldn't plan on being there for more than a year and a half.
Overall great experience with people of every color and nearly any situation.
Coordinator (Current Employee), Garland, TXMarch 24, 2015
Following a typical day of either opening or closing the store, the work is on as soon as you clock in. Time management is extremely important factor to ensure the building is in a functioning state like pretty much any job, I'm sure. Management can be stressful coupled with any mistakes taking valuable time you cant afford and, during open hours, an unhappy person can instantly change your mood from high to low. The employees (though typically teenagers) can be a handful, and some may come and go with a high turnover rate, but an equal amount are a complete pleasure to work with. They'll give hope to the system. Like any job, though, these points have to be addressed and dealt with in a professional manner and at the end of the day, the smiles of a happy family or knowledge of a job well done can bring your mood right back up if you aren't feeling 100%.
Productive days when we were not slow.
Crew Member (Current Employee), Olympia, WaMarch 23, 2015
we would always be cleaning things. its to slow during the week so they send you home a lot. The Gm is a very hard to understand guy.
Produtive and Fun work place
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Katy, TxMarch 20, 2015
Overall a nice clean place to either work for or go to. Staff is very hospitable and friendly. I have learned a lot from this company from personal and professional point of view. The hardest thing to accomplish was learning to have patience, not just with the quest but with the rest of your co-workers.
N/a
Cashier and Party host (Current Employee), Durham, NCMarch 14, 2015
Really appreciate the helpful and understanding manager and staff when hosted a large birthday party there recently. The games and rides were clean and in working order which is not often the case at games/token using places. Thank you Chuck E. Cheese's for a memorable and enjoyable experience.

1 2 3 4 5

About Chuck E. Cheese

CEC Entertainment, Inc.is engaged in the family dining and entertainment center business. The Company develops, operates and franchise – Read more

Chuck E. Cheese Photos