Chuck E. Cheese Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,186 reviews matching the search
Fun Workplace
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Arvada, COMay 26, 2016
A day at Chuck E Cheese is satisfying all guests that enter our doors, getting a little messy, and of course tending to all the children to provide a safe, healthy and fun environment. Working together as a team, with laughter helps maintain a positive attitude for our not so happy guests. At times that can be the least enjoyable part, with the unhappy guests and their behaviors. But making an impact on the lives of other guests makes Chuck E Cheese a place to be a kid.
Pros
Positive Attitude, Free Drinks
Cons
Long Hours, Late Breaks
Great Place To Work
Senior Manager, Food & Beverage (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 26, 2016
When Wyndham Worldwide was established,theycreated a set of values that underpin their distinctive culture, drive their growth, nurture innovation and inspire great experiences they create for their associates and the people they serve.
Busy and fun place to work
Team 2 Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJMay 25, 2016
The environment is great and so are the people. Very busy and great hours. The administrator is a sweetheart and t ries to do his best in keeping all his employees happy.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
n/a
review
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MD 20904May 25, 2016
not a very good place to work unless you wanna deal with children screaming all day.
Management was bad.
Coworkers were not friendly.
Biased
Opening coordinator (Former Employee) –  confidentailMay 25, 2016
Complete waste of time, if you didn't know someone you didn't go up in the company. I remember dealing with favoritism for relatives and just best friends in general. this was from higher management too.
Pros
they offer 401k to fulltime people
Cons
they dont want to pay people for anything.
It sucks
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Whitehall Township, PAMay 23, 2016
Management is terrible. They will hire anyone to be a manager without proper training. The place is a joke. I learned that management can make the best employees leave
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks, management
Productive Workplace Enviorment
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 22, 2016
I would call the party parents about heir child's parents and set up their parties and give their child as well as their family members.
Pros
Giving a wonderful experience to guest.
Cons
Managment Team
Fun place to work at
Kitchen Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCMay 21, 2016
Overall its a fun place to work at, but not a life time career. Not enough pay, no respect for it being a real job because it is a job meant for high schoolers. Overall a fun place like i said, always fun on the job and things going on.
Great Experience and Fun Workplace
Server/ Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMay 19, 2016
A typical day consists of being handed multiple task all at once.
I learned numerous amounts of work experience from CEC.
Management could have been a bit more structured but otherwise they were quite friendly.
Co-workers are always bright and having fun, though they could always be more serious with their job.
Hardest part of the job was being pulled left and right by different managers on shift.
The most enjoyable part of this job was definitely the kids. Kids are always a great way to have fun and to get to see the youth of the future.
Pros
Free Drinks/ Half off menu
Cons
Half off menu only on your lunch break/ Management gets frustrated easily
A fun place when you focus on the children
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAMay 19, 2016
I had great managers for the most part a few though I felt were are not meant to be managers at Chuck E. Cheese. I learned how to deal with all kinds of situations while continuing to be a team player. Just don't overwhelm yourself.
Pros
50% of of of your food, 30 min break
Cons
no benefits.
Hard work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCMay 18, 2016
At chuck e cheese you work too hard for the little amount of money that you are receiving, so unless you really need the money, save yourself the stress!
Pros
Free food
Productive Fast Paced Environment
Cast/Team Member (Current Employee) –  East Hanover, NJMay 17, 2016
Great environment to learn different skills such as time management, communication, hospitality and food serving skills.
This was a really fun job
Cashier, Host, Waitress (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMay 17, 2016
I loved going to work every shift. I got to interact with kids and happy families there for all kinds of parties. The best part of my job was giving the prizes to the kids because they won so many tickets that they could get something they liked.
Fun but bad management
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Hickory, NCMay 16, 2016
I mostly work week days, a typical day will be 5 hours or less. Week days are SUPER slow, a lot of standing around, maintaining Salad bar or pizza buffet, giving out prizes at price counter, getting into the Chuck E. mascot and 30 minute breaks.
I learned how to prep food, and to close the restaurant for the night and open for the mornings.
Management is pretty bad, When calling in due to emergencies they take up to 15 minutes just to answer or don't answer at all, new weekly schedule is expected every Thursday sometimes it wont be updated until late Sunday afternoon.
Manager is unfair she gives me a lecture if i wear specific jackets but lets others wear various jackets with out saying a word to them. Constantly have to be on the managers to count drawer at the end of shift. Co-workers are extremely friendly, it's nice having friends to talk to while working.
The hardest part of the job is being the only cashier during the morning shift and having to run back and forth between 3 areas.
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with people I can have conversations with.
Pros
Free food
Cons
bad management, treated differently
Fun work place
Chuck E. Cheese’s Cast Member (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 14, 2016
Fun and lots of interactions with children.
learned how to cope with other and especially smaller children
co-workers were amazing. had a great manager that I could talk anything about to.
Very fun
Party Hostess/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALMay 14, 2016
I loved working with kids and my coworkers. The management team that I had were not very motivating or cared to be there. Overall it was a fun and great experienced for it being my first job.
Productive and exciting place to work
Birthday Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXMay 11, 2016
It is a exciting first job, I learned about the kids and parents. It taught social skills and communication and time-management was super important.
Fun but Demanding
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYMay 11, 2016
You will work long/hard days but only about 4 days a week.
Very high speed and fun environment.
Pay could be better, and it can be tricky to balance your work/home life.
There are many opportunities for advancement, and upper management is big about promoting advancement from within.
Very good willed company.
Pros
One free mail a day
Cons
Very Exhausting Mentally and Physically
Clean!
Party Host (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDMay 9, 2016
Very clean! Friendly environment! Party packaging was very pricey,
Extremely in a tight space good food.It could be in a bigger space. The party room was a little tight in space.
fun work environment
Party Hostess (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, GAMay 9, 2016
A very productive and rewarding job. Fun work environment, noisy and a lot going on. Kids are everywhere so it was refreshing to see them interact.
Pros
good food, fun enviornment
Cons
loud, bad kids