Chuck E. Cheese

Chuck E. Cheese Employee Reviews

enjoyable work place
Kitchen Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXAugust 31, 2015
Great first job to have with very flexible hours. The people who work there are friendly to work with and the managers try to recognize all employees for their hard work and success. However, it mostly contains dramatic teenagers and can also be hard to get the hours that you not only want, but need! Even though there is some drama, it is nice to go to work with a bunch of 'friends' and be able to have fun while working. The people here often try hard to help the customers make new memories to cherish forever.
Pros
fun environment
Cons
less hours
fun workplace, but very overwhelming.
Party Hostess (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 31, 2015
Although I loved this job because it allowed me to work with children, It was sometimes hectic when we were short-staffed. It would get difficult having to keep a family happy and tend to them as much as possible when I would have to do someone else's job, and keep order.
Pros
free meals, and discounts.
Cons
hard to get pay increase.
fun work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAAugust 31, 2015
loved working on games and helping the guests . didnt like the drunk adults telling me how to do my job and being mean about it.
Productive place to work with children
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDAugust 30, 2015
Great experience when it came to dealing with large crowds of adults and kids. It allowed me to be the energized person that I am.
Pros
long breaks, free lunch, compassionate office manager, location
Cons
Busy work environment along with great employees
Game Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAAugust 28, 2015
Great fun and safe environment for children. Many different ways to entertain the guests. just enough seriousness to successfully maintain a games/food business.
Chuck e's Magical Time!
Cashier/Kitchen/Showroom (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 27, 2015
A fun environment in which you grow as person but to also learn to listen, be patient, have fun and provide great hospitality. Each one us provides a magical time for our guest but also allow them to feel important.
Pros
Free Lunch, Good managers and the allowance for growth in many areas.
Cons
Healthcare
VERY INTERESTING PLACE
Showroom Host (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 26, 2015
GOOD IF YOUR A HIGH SCHOOL OR COLLEGE STUDENT. GOTTA HAVE LOTS OF ENERGY AND HARDWORKING. IT WAS SOMETHING NEW AND THE BEST PART WAS SEEING THE SMILES ON KIDS FACE.
Fun workplace
Birthday Party Hostess (Former Employee) –  West Allis, WIAugust 26, 2015
It was very busy on the weekends but less busy on the weekdays, i learned to have patience, and have a creative mind throughout the time i worked there. The mangers and co-workers were amazing. The hardest part of the job was getting into the mascot costume. The best part of that job was being able to enjoy being there, feeling welcomed and having fun while working hard.
Pros
Amazing service, Management good, good experience
Cons
Very hot at times, can get overwhelming
started off fun
Manager (Former Employee) –  TXAugust 23, 2015
Job Started off fun. was not trained very well. I Am on my 3rd Gm in 6 months. With the Change in Management brings Change in atmosphere. Not all was bad. I Like all of my cast members.
a typical day was clock in walk the store to see what needed work and what didn't. fill out the manager book and check to make sure you have enough staff for the day. I learned How to make pizza and how to run a restaurant. the hardest part was running a shift with very little staff. the most enjoyable part was making a little kids day.
Pros
free food
Cons
bad training
Very strict and productive
Manager (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 22, 2015
I enjoyed the people that I worked with but as a company it still needs some work. The only thing that I didn't like but didn't have a problem with was that. as soon as my team got a promotion or new item down packed they came with other another.
Pros
half off lunches
Cons
short breaks
Productive work place
Kitchen Staff (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CAAugust 21, 2015
Great for seasonal duties. Job requires fast learning and high pace movement. Extreme memorization is required due to overload in the amount of merchandize being sold.
Too high stress, no reward
Senior Assistant Manager/Acting General Manager (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 20, 2015
Made to work on days off. No bonus potential. Constant negative comments made by management. Told when I took the job there was excellent work life balance, but constantly forced to work extra shifts.
productive and fun to work at
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 20, 2015
Really fun and enjoyable place to work at.
The management team communicate very well as a team.
There are room for advancement.
Schedule is pretty fair
Pros
Meeting new people, fun place where you can be a kid, management are very professional, great environment and company to work for
Cons
dealing with rude customers. the pay is at the minimum
Working with kids
DRA (Dining Room Assistance) (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIAugust 20, 2015
My work day was always a pleasure. I hosted kids birthday parties, we got to sing, dance, and just give the kids a great birthday experience. The pay was min wage, and the hours were very short
Pros
worked in a happy place with children
Cons
min wage pay, very short hours
Fact Paced Environment With Many Quirks
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Douglasville, GAAugust 16, 2015
A typical day at work would include me clocking in 10 minutes early and reliving someone to go on break. Then, after breaks are given, I would usually go to the back and see if any help is needed in the kitchen. If not, I'll check the schedule for next week to see when I'm working and once I conclude that go and do my job for the day. The hardest part of the job is dealing with rude people that don't understand their boundaries. The most enjoyable part of the job is making kids smile and knowing that smile is from you. The management is great! But they've been cutting almost everyone's hours and hiring new employees daily.My coworkers are very nice to work with. Especially since we're practically the same age. I've learned from working here to always be kind-you never know what someone is battling.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Not Enough Hours
Perfect job for a high school student! Very fun
Crew Member/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  beavertonAugust 15, 2015
The most enjoyable part were the people I worked with. Lots of laughs. The staff was close like family. The management was very reasonable with time off and catering to the needs of the employees.
Happy busy workplace lots to do not enough time
Assistant Technician (Former Employee) –  Murrieta, CAAugust 10, 2015
At Chuck E. Cheese I was the Assistant Technician and I would keep the games clean and running properly. Not only the games but most machinery was kept up and running. I'd often have to order parts or try to use old parts to fix the problems as they would arise.

I learned the ins and outs of the arcade and electronics of the store. I could solder really well and learned to be resourceful and get things fixed in a timely manner.

The management issue I had was the lack of letting me get what I needed to get done and giving me other responsibilities that were not mine in the first place. An  more... example of this is when I would have a list of games I had to clean out and touch up and I wouldn't be able to finish the quota for that day because I was asked to help with another part of the area such as birthday parties or making pizza when we didn't have the staff because of call outs.

The co-workers were good people and very friendly I never had issues with them and working together as a team to help with the people who would come in as a family to have fun was a fun experience for me too.

Hardest part of the job would be being unable to get all my technician work done because I was stuck helping in other areas then I would get in trouble with write ups and warnings when the bigger bosses came in and my jobs weren't being completed.

Most enjoyable was working hands on in the games. I absolutely loved it my favorite thing by far. Learning how the different types of games worked and repairing or just cleaning them was always a fun and enjoyable thing to me and its the one thing I miss the most.  less
Pros
Fun, friendly
Cons
Management issues
Fun-games-Great Food...wish i was that young again
Technical Manager (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNAugust 10, 2015
Chuck e Cheese is a great place to get started. Besides the pay the environment couldn't be better. As a Technical manger there i had the duty and honer of playing games as part of my job. Looking back, i believe it was the funnest job i ever had. I Think about the people often and sometimes long for the good old days of playing games with a free lunch on the table waiting.
short but sweet
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAAugust 9, 2015
Coming to work and get told the daily goals and what needs to be done for the day. Employees learn register and customer service. Management was a big team but kept track of different things separately. Co-workers would be able to communicate and enjoy the work space. Hardest part was not being able to stay long enough to learn more about the company. Most enjoyable was being to interact with the younger customers.
Pros
enjoyablework space
Cons
leaving too soon
Chuck E. Cheese
Birthday Party Hostess/ Customer Service Part Time (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FlAugust 7, 2015
Through out the day I dealt with various individuals, ranging in age and culture, which helped me learn how to handle different situations that arose. The hardest part of the job was having to stand up for numerous hours. The enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the children. I worked different positions therefore each workday was different.