Chuck E. Cheese

Chuck E. Cheese Employee Reviews

VERY INTERESTING PLACE
Showroom Host (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 26, 2015
GOOD IF YOUR A HIGH SCHOOL OR COLLEGE STUDENT. GOTTA HAVE LOTS OF ENERGY AND HARDWORKING. IT WAS SOMETHING NEW AND THE BEST PART WAS SEEING THE SMILES ON KIDS FACE.
Fun workplace
Birthday Party Hostess (Former Employee), West Allis, WIAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Amazing service, Management good, good experience
Cons: Very hot at times, can get overwhelming
It was very busy on the weekends but less busy on the weekdays, i learned to have patience, and have a creative mind throughout the time i worked there. The mangers and co-workers were amazing. The hardest part of the job was getting into the mascot costume. The best part of that job was being able to enjoy being there, feeling welcomed and having fun while working hard.
started off fun
Manager (Former Employee), TXAugust 23, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: bad training
Job Started off fun. was not trained very well. I Am on my 3rd Gm in 6 months. With the Change in Management brings Change in atmosphere. Not all was bad. I Like all of my cast members.
a typical day was clock in walk the store to see what needed work and what didn't. fill out the manager book and check to make sure you have enough staff for the day. I learned How to make pizza and how to run a restaurant. the hardest part was running a shift with very little staff. the most enjoyable part was making a little kids day.
Very strict and productive
Manager (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDAugust 22, 2015
Pros: half off lunches
Cons: short breaks
I enjoyed the people that I worked with but as a company it still needs some work. The only thing that I didn't like but didn't have a problem with was that. as soon as my team got a promotion or new item down packed they came with other another.
Productive work place
Kitchen Staff (Current Employee), Norwalk, CAAugust 21, 2015
Great for seasonal duties. Job requires fast learning and high pace movement. Extreme memorization is required due to overload in the amount of merchandize being sold.
Too high stress, no reward
Senior Assistant Manager/Acting General Manager (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHAugust 20, 2015
Made to work on days off. No bonus potential. Constant negative comments made by management. Told when I took the job there was excellent work life balance, but constantly forced to work extra shifts.
productive and fun to work at
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXAugust 20, 2015
Pros: Meeting new people, fun place where you can be a kid, management are very professional, great environment and company to work for
Cons: dealing with rude customers. the pay is at the minimum
Really fun and enjoyable place to work at.
The management team communicate very well as a team.
There are room for advancement.
Schedule is pretty fair
Working with kids
DRA (Dining Room Assistance) (Former Employee), Troy, MIAugust 20, 2015
Pros: worked in a happy place with children
Cons: min wage pay, very short hours
My work day was always a pleasure. I hosted kids birthday parties, we got to sing, dance, and just give the kids a great birthday experience. The pay was min wage, and the hours were very short
Fact Paced Environment With Many Quirks
Cast Member (Current Employee), Douglasville, GAAugust 16, 2015
Pros: Free Food
Cons: Not Enough Hours
A typical day at work would include me clocking in 10 minutes early and reliving someone to go on break. Then, after breaks are given, I would usually go to the back and see if any help is needed in the kitchen. If not, I'll check the schedule for next week to see when I'm working and once I conclude that go and do my job for the day. The hardest part of the job is dealing with rude people that don't understand their boundaries. The most enjoyable part of the job is making kids smile and knowing that smile is from you. The management is great! But they've been cutting almost everyone's hours and hiring new employees daily.My coworkers are very nice to work with. Especially since we're practically the same age. I've learned from working here to always be kind-you never know what someone is battling.
Perfect job for a high school student! Very fun
Crew Member/Office Assistant (Former Employee), beavertonAugust 15, 2015
The most enjoyable part were the people I worked with. Lots of laughs. The staff was close like family. The management was very reasonable with time off and catering to the needs of the employees.
Happy busy workplace lots to do not enough time
Assistant Technician (Former Employee), Murrieta, CAAugust 10, 2015
Pros: Fun, friendly
Cons: Management issues
At Chuck E. Cheese I was the Assistant Technician and I would keep the games clean and running properly. Not only the games but most machinery was kept up and running. I'd often have to order parts or try to use old parts to fix the problems as they would arise.

I learned the ins and outs of the arcade and electronics of the store. I could solder really well and learned to be resourceful and get things fixed in a timely manner.

The management issue I had was the lack of letting me get what I needed to get done and giving me other responsibilities that were not mine in the first place. An example of this is when I would have a list of games I had to clean out and touch up and I wouldn't be able to finish the quota for that day because I was asked to help with another part of the area such as birthday parties or making pizza when we didn't have the staff because of call outs.

The co-workers were good people and very friendly I never had issues with them and working together as a team to help with the people who would come in as a family to have fun was a fun experience for me too.

Hardest part of the job would be being unable to get all my technician work done because I was stuck helping in other areas then I would get in trouble with write ups and warnings when the bigger bosses came in and my jobs weren't being completed.

Most enjoyable was working hands on in the games. I absolutely loved it my favorite thing by far. Learning how the different types of games worked and repairing or just cleaning them was always a fun and enjoyable thing to me and its the one thing I miss the most.
Fun-games-Great Food...wish i was that young again
Technical Manager (Former Employee), Jackson, TNAugust 10, 2015
Chuck e Cheese is a great place to get started. Besides the pay the environment couldn't be better. As a Technical manger there i had the duty and honer of playing games as part of my job. Looking back, i believe it was the funnest job i ever had. I Think about the people often and sometimes long for the good old days of playing games with a free lunch on the table waiting.
short but sweet
Cashier (Former Employee), Manassas, VAAugust 9, 2015
Pros: enjoyablework space
Cons: leaving too soon
Coming to work and get told the daily goals and what needs to be done for the day. Employees learn register and customer service. Management was a big team but kept track of different things separately. Co-workers would be able to communicate and enjoy the work space. Hardest part was not being able to stay long enough to learn more about the company. Most enjoyable was being to interact with the younger customers.
Chuck E. Cheese
Birthday Party Hostess/ Customer Service Part Time (Former Employee), Orlando, FlAugust 7, 2015
Through out the day I dealt with various individuals, ranging in age and culture, which helped me learn how to handle different situations that arose. The hardest part of the job was having to stand up for numerous hours. The enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the children. I worked different positions therefore each workday was different.
its a place people you actually can be a kid
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Springfield, ILAugust 5, 2015
Pros: free meal
you get to interact with the children that come it to have fun. birthdays parties are the best. your inner kid comes out when you see all the children running and playing just enjoying themselves.
Very busy place to work In
Trainer (Former Employee), Bronx NYAugust 5, 2015
Typical day at work would be lines of people ordering food and trying to make sure their food is out under 25 mins . most enjoyable part of the job would be the workers they make work enjoyable other then that you need to have a lot of patient cause it would be tested with disrespectful customers.
the food was good. and so was the co-workers
Technical Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Hicksville, NYAugust 4, 2015
Pros: The free food was good.
Cons: You Have to be used to a lot of noice!
Fun place to work, co-workers were good people.
The work was fast and pletny. there was allways
a lot to do, which was good for me, I enjoy a lot of
work.
fun workplace, theres always entertainment
Showroom Cast Member (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 3, 2015
i had an amazing time working with the chuck e cheese crew. i grew friends and made a lot of children have the time of their lives. the hardest part would to keep count of the children at your party table.
Average Job
Employee (Former Employee), Hampton, VAAugust 2, 2015
9 hour shifts at different times of the day from opening to closing shifts. Shifts are spent managing staff of anywhere from 6 to 50 employees. You will learn time management, labor control, guest relations, etc. Management is both excellent as well as some needing a little more patience. The employees are a wonderful and well trained group of individuals needing the normal amount of guidance as many are teenagers and young adults. The most difficult part of the job would be the guests and most enjoyable part would be the co-workers.
Very nice and friendly place to work at
Hostess (Former Employee), Plano, TXAugust 1, 2015
Pros: Friendly co-workers, employee discount
I felt that it was a pretty good experience and would recommend it to other first time job appliers especially if you enjoy working with children. The staff there are pretty friendly and are willing to assist if you are confused. The hardest part of the job for me would dealing with volatile customers. The most enjoyable part was the discount I got for the food it came in handy when I needed lunch.