Chuck E. Cheese Employee Reviews

management makes the envirment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CAFebruary 24, 2018
as this was my first job i was excited to have a job in high school. it became a learning life experience as i went though my promotions and up and downs of standards of who they wanted to promote and district didn't always keep their word as to who they would promote. I hear better things since district management has been changed.
Pros
fun, exciting
Cons
needed better benifits as management, incentive, better pay for someone being promoted from within the company
Better fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 23, 2018
was my real challenger in the life, my school, my life, I love to work there, open the store in the morning motivated me for everything, give to much energy to work inn the place, I'm was enjoy my co-works, the Management was good. same bad experiences
Pros
same time lunch, some time don't
Cons
short lunch
Fun Workplace and Often Busy
Host for Special Events (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAFebruary 23, 2018
I think ChuckECheese is a great place to work and a lot of other employees are hardworking and lots of fun. Great learning environment. Management could use Improvement.
Pros
Co-workers, good food
my day
Manager (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXFebruary 23, 2018
i have fun at work lots to do and learn each day teaching and training new cast ,,,,have lots of regular guest just ask for me ,,hardest part of the is at closing all the clean up
Pros
healthcare, manager free meals ...
Cons
pay, hours
fun environment
Kid Check (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLFebruary 22, 2018
At kid check we have live shows with Chuck E. and we dance and throw out tickets every hour on the 30. My boss is very patient with me as to me working a certain amount of hours. I learned that if the stamp doesn't match the parent then the kid(s) can't go with them.
Busy , busy place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Reseda, CAFebruary 22, 2018
Sometimes you get good tips when you host parties. It's a fast-paced environment you have to multitask and you are schedule in different areas every day.
Pros
Always busy
Cons
It get really loud
fun
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 21, 2018
Different day same thing going on. Always busy, sometimes would not get a break because of how busy it was. People always complaining about something. It was very fun working there with mostly teenagers around your age making it fun and make the hours go by fast.
Pros
fun, new friends
Cons
20 min breaks
Perfect for a first job or if you are a Manager
Party host (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 21, 2018
Working there is not bad at all, especially if it's your first job, however, you don't get enough hours. They continue to hire people. But fail to give all the employees decent hours. They will prioritize the employees who have been working there the longest, which I understand. But after a month of working there I still have not received the hours, I need, which is 25 hours. I usually get around 5-15 hours a week. 15, if I am lucky and more if I am extremely lucky, but is rare. Most of the time my hours are 5-barely 10. With my checks being less than $200. Again, okay if you are 15 or 16, but any older and it's not worth going to work for 3 hours. The position I am specifically talking about s party Hostess. This makes the most money, excluding manager's salary because you get paid $8.10an hour plus tips. Also, I have specifically explained to my managers, that I am available EVERYDAY after school, and ALL DAY on weekends. I have also covered other people's shifts and only said no once, because I had to babysit 4 of my siblings at night. So, I believe there is no excuse in not giving me, my well deserved hours. Oh and they expect you to have no life, they tell you that you have to come in and they tell you last-minute. Hosting party's in my opinion is fun though, not counting the perfectionist parents, or the cheap parents, or the problematic/rude parent. :)))
Pros
Discount on meals, less hours
Cons
Unorganized, last-minute, less hours
had fun
Hostess (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARFebruary 21, 2018
It was a fun job to work at they game and a ball pit for kids and they had birthday parties for kid. I enjoyed working there for my first job while I was in high school.
great place to work and learn lots of skills
Team Trainer/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Joliet, ILFebruary 21, 2018
this is an amazing place to work it teaches you lots of different skills beginning with customer service which is key to any of the stations here at this establishment.
Cec
Sales agent/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 20, 2018
It’s a great place to work when you want to gain some experience in a high volume call center. I love that they have the incentive plan in place. They often throw us parties to celebrate achievements, holidays, etc.
productive and fun workplace
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCFebruary 20, 2018
Lots of games to play with. And a perfect job for teenagers in high school who are good with kids. Hardest part of the job is the weekends when it gets hectic, so you must know how to multi-task. The most enjoyable is having fun while you work.
Productive workplace
SENIOR ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARFebruary 19, 2018
Very fun work environment, but a lot of deadlines and alot of hard physical work. I suggest that every individual who apply for the position have patience and willing to have a little work overload
fun fun fun
Technical Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 17, 2018
I enjoyed all the different types of stuff to work on, it was unlimited in hours also, very stressful with long hours. the pay was good though and good people to work with that were fun
Amazing employees
Merchandise Manager (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 16, 2018
I was with CEC Entertainment for 11 years. I had my dream job for the last 4 years. I still want to see the compNY grow and be successful. Restrucuring tends to happen in the corporate world. I still help my co worker who has her duties and now mine on top of hers.
Pros
Great employees, Loved my job
Cons
The family environment somehow drifted away, It was becoming impossible to have a work life balance but I pushed through.
It’s a very fake happy place
Cashier, game attendant, and cook (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKFebruary 16, 2018
The boy managers are lazy and do nothing but stay in the office. The oldest female manger tells about everything someone does but doesn’t tell the employee to their face.
Not good.
Member (Former Employee) –  Covington, LAFebruary 15, 2018
The managers were extremely nice and helpful to me, but the overall work environment just wasn’t something I liked. It was very fast paced and sometimes overwhelmingly stressful.
Too many young people
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 15, 2018
The management only care for the young women that work there in a dispute a man will always lose they are really sexist and recommend men to NOT work there.
Stressful and demanding
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSFebruary 15, 2018
Being a manager is so extremely stressful. You are expected to do 3 people's job all at once. Plus manage your own area. So extremely loud all the time. Do not work here. I am only 24 and I feel like an old woman for all the stress and physical demands this job has.
Pros
Discounts, family environment
Cons
Extreme mental and physical stress
Need Inprovement
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 14, 2018
This job wasn't fair with employees and they need better management. They pay wasn't fair for once who been there for years. they treated employees like nothing,

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chuck E. Cheese. Our community is ready to answer.