Chuck E. Cheese Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,266 reviews matching the search
Great Workplace
Gameroom/Cashier/Kitchen (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSAugust 8, 2016
-Great time working there
-Learned a lot from management
-Excellent management
-Very friendly coworkers
-Hardest part was the cleaning and side work
-Most enjoyable was the paychecks
Good For Beginners
Chuck E Cheese (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAAugust 7, 2016
- Part Time Only
- Good or High Schoolers with no experience
- Constant Schedule Change
- Not Enough Communication Between Managers
- No room for advancement
+ Small discounts for employees
nice place to work looking for something new
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Sherman, TXAugust 7, 2016
nice place to work just changed management too many times and I'm relocating for school and ready for new opportunities. a typical day was filled with team work to help customers and keep them happy. my co-workers and I got a long well we all went to school together. the hardest part of the job would be making sure all customers are happy but the most enjoyable part was being able to make the children smile and give prizes and keep the parents leaving happy.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
no benefits, little pay and always new management
overall a really enjoyable job
Showroom Attendant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 6, 2016
It was one of the most fun jobs I have ever had. The store was brand new and had alot going on. i didnt like how the store was being run at the time and i had to get out.
Worst job ive ever had
Kitchen (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CAJuly 29, 2016
First off the store i was working at is one of the biggest in yhe district so it got very busy especially during first quarter and summer break. The hours i got were good but they didnt follow any of the rules. They say everyone is supposed to share kid check and mascot costume duties but its literally only the game room who does the costume and kid check has certain people u felt tbat was very unfair. Second the kitchen has very little workers so i was there 5-6 days a week and in a year of working there i called out once and got sent home the next day they were super angry with me. But i had literally seen a ton of othe people call out over and over again and nothing happened to them. I forgot my work shoes one day and had to waste my whole 30 min break getting them i wasnt upset as its the rules until i saw someone else who didnt have theirs and bothing was said to them. I had to work super hard because all the kitchen people didnt care about their job so i always was asked to stay and clean up whatever they didnt do. This made my workload everyday very very large and i told the managers about this i kid you not like 30 time and nothing was done. So one day my mangers were looking at me wuen i droppedsomething and it had been a year of nothing but unfairness so i lashed out at them and got fired. I feel i was wrongefully fired.
Pros
Money
Cons
Everything about it
A job that will turn your hair grey
Manager (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJuly 28, 2016
When I started working at Chuck E. Cheese, I was a full time cashier. The things that they made me do were insane. I like to pride myself on my work ethic, but I this job made me crazy. The head manager was always yelling at the employees and never gave any encouragement. He would also yell at us to work harder when we were busy instead of helping out. I relocated out of the state and was promoted to manager for another Chuck E. Cheese. While managing, we were always understaffed because corporate never wanted to pay for more employees on the clock. I can understand labor control, but the labor was out of control. The things that they expected such little staff to do was insane. I had no benefits and barely got any time off. I worked throughout the week 8-7 and have to work every single weekend open to close (most of the time without breaks) because we weren't allowed to have a full staff. I gained a lot of experience working with the the point of sales system and guest relations, but I could not have been happier when I was offered another job.
Pros
Room for advancement
Cons
no breaks, short staffed, cooperation
Great place to work at if you love being around people.
Host of birthday parties, Clean up (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJuly 27, 2016
Loved working there, great place to work at and great people to work with also, not always standing in one spot, had the opportunity to do different things, always got along with the people sometimes, just hated to feel like I had to watch the kids when they were the parents responsibility.
Pros
Good breaks, worked around schedule.
Cons
managment was a bit harsh, wasnt always fair.
Fun place
Beaumont, Texas - Party Hostess (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXJuly 26, 2016
The day will start with 50 kids and end up with what seemed to be 100. I learned not to be shy. The managers were okay. The co-workers who are now my friends will always have a place in my heart. The hardest part of the job was telling the parents "No, I'm sorry Chuck E. can not make your child feel more special than the other children." Most enjoyable part....eathing the FREE pizza.
Workplace
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  La Mesa, CAJuly 25, 2016
Great first job if you're young and wanting to make money. Coworkers and managers were great. Enjoyed getting to make children happy
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
n/a
Game Room Attendant- playing games with guest
Game Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJuly 25, 2016
Make sure "Every guest leaves happy" and always will want to come back to Chuck E. Cheese. Don't train you correctly. The food is delicious all the time. It gets pretty dirty and crowded with people very fast.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Short Breaks
Not concerned about you
Cashier (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 22, 2016
I've been working at CEC for 10 months and going to continue working there. I don't like the way that I'm treated by management but love the environment and the people I work with. 90% of my shifts are Kid Check which is completely unfair since we are supposed to all equally be sharing the shift. Also, the District manager makes the managers at my location cut hours the day of, so an hour before my shift, I'll get called and told that I can "take the day off" (They try to put it nicely). So, because of that, sometimes my measly 12 hour week goes down to 6 hours. It might just be my district but it still is unfair. Also, don't apply to CEC if you can't stand for a long time. Or just bring a pain reliever.
Pros
Free Soda, candy, cotton candy and 50% off meals. Friendly employees. Free tokens
Cons
Kid Check is horrible, little hours, stressful at times
Always Fun and looking forward to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 17, 2016
A typical day was always a hectic day. There's a lot that goes on at Chuck E. Cheese's. You have to learn how to multitask and deal with peoples personal emotions. They are there to have a good time with family and friends and it is our duty to deliver that to them. You always have to keep at fast pace because most of the time you are asked to do like 5 things at one by many different customers. The management there was okay. Its reasonable due to what the managers had to deal with. The hardest part was closing due to the fact that we stayed there sweeping carpets, vacuuming the whole and stocking. There's multiple nights a week were me and my coworkers would be there until 2 A.M. cleaning. But for the most part its a fun job. Your around children which I love and my coworkers were was in a amazing mood to work which motivated me to work.
Pros
Got to play games
Cons
cleaning vomit or urine in the sky crawl
Excellent Work eviroment
Call Center Sales and Support Agent (Current Employee) –  1707 Market Place, Irving, TX, 75063July 13, 2016
It was a very good company to work for, no complains, but we moved to USA. I had a catering service consignment, in charge of supervising the kitchen employees, cooking, buying and keeping accounts recceivables.
flexible hours
Team 2 Trainer (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 13, 2016
usually slow environment.
-Hours are flexible to your schedule
-everyone has to get in the chuck. e suit
-hours are given based on your effort at work
They are really productive, and help me mature to the person i am today.
McDonalds Crew Member , Chuck-E-Cheese Member (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAJuly 13, 2016
A typical day at work might be loud and crazy or it would be calm and relax. What did i learn, they helped me be patient with people. My co-workers always helped me if i needed something or did not know how to do something.
life at chuck e cheese
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNJuly 12, 2016
Most of the days working at Chuck E Cheese was very busy and you were always up and around doing things for guest. The one that I worked out was very strict and we always had a time frame. Everyone hated the part of being chucke but I absolutely loved it.
I love kids and parties
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Naperville, IL 60563July 12, 2016
My typical day at work looks like, I come in clock in say hello to everyone as well as the boss ask him does he need me to do anything before I set up for my party. lf his answer is not get started then I look at my sheet with all the things that my party would like to have, help clean up from the parties before and wait and play with the kids until my party arrives. Then when they do I give a hat to my party girl(s) and or boy(s) and help carry or put the cake in the back so it could stay cold come back and get there order for what kind of pizza that they would like and make sure that what they asked over the phone matches with what they wanted as well as hand out the tokens for the kids to play while we wait for the food to be ready. Soon the food is done and the mangers comes make sure everything is good and they the party starts. We sing happy birthday with Chuck E and so the ticket catcher and finish the tokens. Then help them pack the leftovers and send them on their way and get ready for the next one.
Pros
Tips and happy birthday kid
Cons
You have to be a people person and organized
It is a very energetic palce to be.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJuly 12, 2016
Chuck E Cheese, is a great place to work if you like kids. You have to be friendly on a daily basis no matter what. I learned you have to constantly be active, there is no stopping working there. Co-workers are not that easy to cope with because there are so many employees, you don't really get to know them all.
Pros
free pizza
Cons
short on ours, because of so many employees
It was fun for kids
Hostess and Server (Former Employee) –  Fairview Heights, ILJuly 12, 2016
Personally, no one was really ''all there'' when it came to that job. You asked for help and no one would really come running so you had to find a way to complete the project on your own with your own knowledge.
Pros
Breaks
Cons
The breaks were fairly short and if you were working a few hours you did not get a lunch break.
Drama and childish management team
Party Host (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXJuly 11, 2016
General Manager and other managers were extremely childish acting like they were in high school they never promoted anyone but would make them do the work as if if they were, promised pay raise but stayed at the same for two years would make use work long hours with no breaks

2.9