Chuck E. Cheese Employee Reviews

Found 1,634 reviews matching the search
Fun and productive work place
Game Room Attendant / kitchen staff (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILMarch 28, 2017
If it's a first time job this job is for you , flexible schedules managers are fun to be around as long as you do your job easy simple tasks great work environment especially if you love kids.
it descent but no hours
Kid Check (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMarch 28, 2017
i like working here but i just cant get any hours, my manager gets me no hours.. the job has its ups and downs but over all its o.k.. i need a new job that has full time with good hours.
Pros
%50 off of food
Cons
no hours
Great first job!
Cashier/Party Hostess (Former Employee) –  West Islip, NYMarch 27, 2017
As a first job starting in high school this was the perfect place to work. The environment was always up beat and I was ready to work. Typical day was to get the registered ready for the day, and I would count three to four draws of money and the day would begin! Chuck E. Cheese is a place for kids so my days were always filled with joy and excitement. Management team was more than helpful on getting me started in the "real world"
Pros
working with kids, up beat environment
Cons
a lot of food prep, as that was not my job title
Productive work place that can sometimes be fun
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Berwyn, PAMarch 25, 2017
Working with this company has its pros and cons but overall for my first job it wasn't bad.Working there helped me work on my customer service skills and how it is working in the company.The good part was when I sometimes did parties I got tips.
Pros
Half off food
Cons
Low pay and the scheduling is a bit unfair and not constant
Fun place to work
Senior Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 24, 2017
Offering, a fun experience with lots of entertainment for all ages. From, pizzas to salads, appetizers, alcohol, and deserts. They, promote within, and train staff universal. They, offer special birthday parties with a hostess to make it less stressful for mom & dad.
Productive and fun
Showroom Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 23, 2017
It was very busy all the time I learned to work fast paced and a lot of great customer service skills. The other cast members were nice. Couldn't complain about Management,
Pros
Fun
Cons
Short breaks
good
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INMarch 23, 2017
I liked my job. It was a very fun and fast pace job. I loved get to always laugh and have funatmy job and having fun with the children was probably the best part of it.
Pros
the excitment of the job
Cons
not enough hours
Fun but very chaotic
Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TX 78250March 23, 2017
Everything and everyone was all over the place, the kitchen was run by 16 year olds who would often get orders wrong, salad bar was pretty fun to prep and put together but cleaning it every 5 min was annoying. Kid check wasn't so bad taking people in but when it was time for families to leave some would get an attitude if you tell them their number didnt match the one on the childs hand.
Pros
free stuff sometimes like food from parties
Cons
dressing up as Chuck E and kid check
Not a job for the long term
Cashier/Stocker (Current Employee) –  Waldorf MarylandMarch 23, 2017
It is a good job for ur first job it is very easy to get but long term wise it is a very stressful mood changing job most people quit after a couple months. Rude customers and very little pay for the job we do and the amount of patients we need. The actual act of the job is easy it the mental part of the job that's hard
Pros
Actual physical work is easy, easy to get hired
Cons
No breaks over 18 rarely get them, little pay, customers, have to get in a suit and dance like a monkey
Good
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNMarch 22, 2017
Had fun workig there. Unfortunelatly my spending out grew my job. Kinda would return but feel now thst im older i eed to venture out into another part time gig..
Fun Job, Just Crazy.
Cashier/Prize Desk (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 22, 2017
I really enjoyed my time at Chuck E. Cheese's, but it did get really annoying and stressful at times when we were really busy. A typical weekday at Chuck E. Cheese's would be nicely paced, not too busy but there was still enough work to be done. Weekends were a different story; very stressful.
Pros
Fun, seeing kids have fun, playing with kids, pizza, etc
Cons
Pay, Weird hours, etc.
Very different and time consuming job! For the most part it's great and a good way to spend you time.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 21, 2017
Chuck E. Cheese's is my first job and it's a very good experience. I recommend this to anyone looking for a job! It's good pay and the environment is very enjoyable.
Pros
50% off food.
fun
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAMarch 21, 2017
this job is a blast to work at. i love the fast paced environment and the everyday hustle. things are definately not the same each day. always something new and exciting to do.
My first job
Game Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 21, 2017
It was great until the manager who hired me was promoted and the new one came in seemingly to ruin everyone's day. I loved everything about the place, but you know how it is. Bosses play themselves by running out their best employees.
Pros
Video games
Cons
Dancing as Chuck E in the stinky slimy sweat suit
Abnormal
Manager Training (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXMarch 21, 2017
Horrible place to work. Qualities have to be proven to advance from lowest position. Communication between you and staff is inconsistent and certain phrases are expected, but no followed.
Pros
Interaction with kids and parents!!!
Cons
Daily Operation
Fun but stressful work day.
Cashier, Party hostess, Manager for showroom (Former Employee) –  Lone Tree, CO 80124March 20, 2017
I was birthday coordinator for showroom. I managed people on what they needed to do. Made sure everything was the way it needed to be. Was really good with cash. Had to communicate with customers everyday. I can socialize very well. I loved making kids and their parents happy at the end of their party. Management was pretty rough. In and out managers. I learned very good communication skills, Cashier skills, hospitality skills and management skills.
Pros
50% of food.
Cons
Didnt always get all my breaks, sometimes when i closed I was there until am.
Waitress tables
WAITRESS (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INMarch 20, 2017
Deliver food to tables, clean up dirty dishes, sweep floors, help anybody with whatever they may need. Communication is lacking in this workplace between management and staff
Not friendly to minors
Team 2 Trainer, Party Hostess, Gameroom Attendant (Current Employee) –  Rochester Hills, MIMarch 19, 2017
As a minor myself and a couple other coworkers, management doesn't always give us our breaks after 5 hours or at all. Staying till 12am on a weekday and having to to go to high school the next morning. We shouldn't be this understaffed. Other employees have called corporate on one of the managers. We've been understaffed this past month and it takes a toll on us. We need better management and to stop hiring people based on being friends with the opening coordinator.
Pros
If your a team 2 trainer you get free food
Cons
Not giving minors their breaks on time or at all
Fun workplace
Cashier/Party Hostess (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, LAMarch 19, 2017
It was ok at times. I don't think they knew what they were doing all the time. They would advance people who didn't work half as hard as others who were there longer than them
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
People
fun and lots of excitement ,
kid check, Guest Service, mainance ,walk in party (Former Employee) –  reseda, CAMarch 19, 2017
I appreciate the opportunity to this company I have been working with Chuck ever cheese since 2005 as a cast member. My experience In this campany the managers work with u on hours, team player,lots of opportunity Guest service,as for my self I got promoted as a team 2, Birthday coordinator, Guest Service was 1.
Pros
discount on lunch
Cons
ve

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chuck E. Cheese. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9