Chuck E. Cheese Employee Reviews

Found 1,377 reviews matching the search
fun place!
Birthday Server (Current Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCSeptember 22, 2016
A typical day at work, would include working hard, and making the customers their enjoy their time. I've learned amazing communication skills, and how to take responsibilty for management. The management there is organized, and they seem as if they know what they're doing. The co-workers are very fun to work with, and very welcoming. The hardest part of the job, would be having to remember several things at once, it's hard but not impossible. The most important part of the job would be making the people smile, seeing that they're enjoying themselves.
Birthdays And Fun
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  La Mesa, CASeptember 22, 2016
A typical day at Chuck. E. Cheese is coming in and clocking in and setting the birthday parties up for the first birthday party of the day. What I learned there was move fast, stay positive, and be organized.Management at chuck.e.cheese kept my co-workers and i close because we acted as a family . I loved my co-works we always flowed perfectly even on very busy days. The hardest part about working there is keeping up with all the children . The most enjoyable part was the smiles on the kids faces during the birthday parties.
Pros
Free Games, Good Food
Cons
Angry Parents
Overall, a good experience to have
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Goodyear, AZSeptember 20, 2016
I worked at CEC for a little over six months and I learned so much about myself and what I'm actually capable of doing. Coming into this job, I was a bit overwhelmed because there is a lot to learn and you will likely be cross-trained throughout each position whether it's cashier, kitchen, kid check, games, etc. After you get the hang of it, it's really not all that bad. I learned how to multi-task and gained a lot of confidence from working here. You will have good days and bad days just like any job. I met some amazing people working here and I'm forever grateful for the experience and what it taught me.
Pros
Free pizza, flexible schedule, great learning experience
Cons
low pay, sometimes very little hours, weekends are hectic
fun workplace but lack of respect
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Langhorne, PASeptember 19, 2016
no one had respect for each other and everyone was rude. At times the cast members would get along, but there would be sometimes they would get out of hand.
Fun with the managers and still go work done
Party Host (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXSeptember 19, 2016
Even though we hang with managers we still get stuff done while we talk and or have fun with the kids at Chuck E Cheese some workers were pretty strict about there position but most were calm and chill and still got stuff done
Pros
Free lunches
Be aware
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VASeptember 19, 2016
The GM at this location is horrible. Scheduling and staffing is short all the time, pay is low, GM has an attitude problem. I will not work for another CEC again.
Pros
Make kids happy
Cons
GM
Organized
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Union New JerseySeptember 19, 2016
My work day was decent we worked as a team making pizzas cutting pieces talking to each other communicating I learned more teamwork working for Chuck E cheese how to become a better manager by observing how the managers talk to us how they work coworkers were pretty decent as long as you have somebody that's willing to work as a team everything went well there's not really a hard or easy part of the job and he's as long as you do your job and everybody does their part everything worked well which is like a football team if everybody does their job you're going to win
Pros
Promotions
Cons
Stress
Worth the experience
Opening Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Largo, MDSeptember 18, 2016
When I first started here, Mary Schafer and James Harlee were the managers .Working here gives you a little bit of every skill in every category . So no matter what experience you endure in the facility, your guaranteed to leave with more then what you came in with.
Pros
friendly employeesl, ecurity, great atmosphere
Cons
rude guest, violence between guest
Not enough employees
Gameroom attendant (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXSeptember 17, 2016
I never got any help with my duties then was told I didn't do a good job doing them. It was a fun work environment with the coworkers and the managers but getting in trouble constantly for not doing a perfect close but not getting any help to close it didn't balance out.
Fun work environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Union, NJSeptember 14, 2016
The hardest part was to do all the tasks asked from start to finish. I learned that working there is not easy. You are always working. When you are working, you are either assisting a guest or assisting someone who is.
Pros
50% off all food
Great Co-workers and Management! Customers nice? not so much.
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CASeptember 14, 2016
Overall was a good first job. But once again I think the work relationships are on of the main pros, unless you plan on going into a field where you work with children. Other than that Management is pretty good about your wants regarding work as long as you talk to them about it; If don't tell them you want to work in a specific section or more hours they'll just assume that you're content with your current work situation. Oh and there are security guards so if anything ever gets out of hand you can walk away from a situation and get them to handle it. But, to be honest this particular Chuck E. Cheese gets some rather unsavory clientele. Basically you get quite a few rude people, people who will threaten you over a slice of pizza. Working with children, you're obviously going to get a sick more often than if you were working somewhere else. And the adults are the ones who really get on your nerves But it definitely teaches you how to politely ignore an adults childish anger. You end up kind of realizing that in some cases the children are more mature than the the actual parents. But heck, if it didn't build/improve my customer service skills.
Pros
Awesome management/supervisors.
Cons
Literally the rude, immature, angry at the world parents (not all the parents), Oh and cleaning bathrooms isn't really my idea of a fun time.
Great place to work!
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSSeptember 13, 2016
I enjoyed the work atmosphere, had a great Boss.There were some great co workers everyone worked together to make the day go smoothly. I gained more experience than I already had.
Fun Work Place
Game Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Waldorf, MDSeptember 13, 2016
Easy fun Team working job its a very fun environment but at the same time is very hardworking will have to be flexible will be assigned to be in the chucky suit by the way
Fun and Exciting
Hospitality Trainer (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COSeptember 12, 2016
Everyday i walked in to Chuck E. Cheese knowing i was going to spend the day making others happy. We were always trained throughly to try our hardest to brighten others days. This was the reason i loved working there. When you go out of your way to put a smile on someones face it really does pay off in more hapiness.
Pros
Fun, Fast paced, Helpful co-workers
Cons
Loud
Stressful with no help from District Manager.
GM (Current Employee) –  NopeSeptember 11, 2016
Great company before Apollo and Tom ( in the closet ) Leverton took over. They are only concerned with the short term to give the illusion that the company is making money so they can sell it off.
Pros
Employees at the store level.
Cons
60 hour work week w/o OT.
Fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Villa Park, ILSeptember 10, 2016
Fun environment to work. I personally don't like to work at food place otherwise its good to work there.
Management is very friendly and work hours are flexible.
Cool place, may not be for everyone!
Cashier/Showroom Host (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILSeptember 9, 2016
A typical day at work includes being Chuckie at least once, and finding ways to consume your time. I learned how to have patience, and how to clean! The management was nice and caring, and my coworkers were cool - some I had relationships with, some I did not. The most difficult part of the job is doing an "annoying" task that wasn't yours originally, and cleaning. The most enjoyable part of the job are the children! Not too sure about the benefits we received.
Pros
Experience with children and parents
Cons
More work than you think
its a fun work place
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Waldorf, MDSeptember 9, 2016
Chuckie cheese doesn't have security. I had to break up fights by myself with no help. that's why I give chuckie cheese a low rating.
Pros
Free food
Cons
No benefits
Excellent job and staff
Open Shift Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXSeptember 8, 2016
I feel blessed that I was able to start with this company as my first job. I was able to travel between locations and stayed with this company for 3 years.
Loved the staff and fairness of this company.
positive and fun family-oriented workplace!
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TX 79606September 8, 2016
CEC Entertainment was a positive learning experience for me. Not only did I learn to be the face of a business that greets new guests, but the guests also felt secure with an experienced employee tending the entrance and exits. The management focus was on creating light-hearted, fun environment for guests with a strict eye on cleanliness and food safety.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chuck E. Cheese. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9