This position will report to the SVP, Sales and Marketing and identify new business opportunities and support the Marketing function to create brand identity and awareness and to help meet both sales and revenue goals. Develop all aspects of marketing to support our growth model and ensure consistent communication throughout the Company and industry. This position will also develop and execute a process to handle consumer inquires.
1. In conjunction with the SVP, Sales responsible lead the efforts for all aspects of marketing such as in, product mix, packaging, pricing/discount, terms of sale, promotion, displays, POP Material, advertising (trade, website, social media and to follow up on consumer questions/remarks. Leads regional trade shows.
2. Knowledgeable in consumer marketing driven consumer brands with a lot of sales experience to understand both worlds.
3. Knowledgeable in social media, in-store communication, promotions, trade and consumer media.
4. Experience in managing rep groups and agencies. Will focus daily operational tasks by managing our logistics partner.
5. Stays current with the latest trends in the vet and pet retail business. Monitor external and internal environment for development of new market segments.
6. Performs market research and analysis for new markets and sales opportunities.
7. Conducts public speaking to organizations and committees by demonstrating good public relations, marketing, development ideas and thought leadership.
Sales & Sales Management
1. Manager the marketing budget and support the sales budget while forecasting, planning and advising the SVP Sales on financial impacts.
2. Manage rep groups, handle national accounts (together with the rep groups).
3. Arrange and organize open house events. Prepare for the event by ensuring samples are ready, paperwork is complete and activities are planned.
4. Manage legal state registrations as needed.
5. Works closely with mgmt. team when responding to a Request for Proposal (RFP) or contracts. Leads efforts to inform them of market conditions, pricing issues and the current competition.
1. Provide sales reports, literature (sell sheets), special presentations, images, and provide sample requests.
2. Will also follow up on representative questions, product availability inquiries and rep logistic inquiries.
1. Provide shipping, billing, product availability, images, product specs (dimensions), basic brochures, and catalog sheets. Price lists will be reviewed for distribution. Follow up on customer complaints and talk with potential customers.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Demonstrates knowledge of, and supports, Company mission, vision, value statements, standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and the code of ethical behavior.
2. Ability to influence people at all levels of an organization, both internally and with our vendors.
3. Ability to work under stress, with interruptions and tight deadlines.
4. Ability to work individually and as part of a team with minimal supervision.
5. Computer literate, high level of accuracy and detail oriented.
6. Excellent written communication skills. Must be a proficient communicator, speaker and listener.
7. Independent judgment to determine project guidelines, purpose, follow-through and completion.
8. Must be a self-starter, open to collaboration and comfortable working in a small office environment or remotely.
9. Independent worker, can work virtually and remotely, takes responsibility, and has good attention to detail.
10. Good sense of humor, positive attitude, and a hard worker that likes to see positive results from their labor.
1. Preferred, but not required - strong experience and a network of contacts in pet in the pet industry.
2. 7 – 10 years marketing experience preferably with retail/merchandising experience.
3. Strong PowerPoint and Excel skills.
4. Must be willing to travel frequently in order to meet the business needs for tradeshows and other events.
5. Preferred location in Denver, CO or located along the East coast.
1. Must possess a Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, or related field.
2. Master's degree preferred.