Chuck Latham Associates

Chuck Latham Associates Employee Reviews in United States

Great place to work IF ...
Doormat (Former Employee) –  Parker, COApril 10, 2013
CLA's HQ is a great place to work if you enjoy bringing your dog to work. And if you're looking for a place where the employees have to take out the kitchen trash every night because CLA can't afford a housekeeper, if you're looking for employment in a place where the CEO can afford to keep his expensive wine stock in his warehouse and who flies all over the country in his private jet - but can't afford to give his employees raises, if you're looking for a rewarding position where the senior staff can't tell the truth and don't hesitate in bashing other members of their "team" behind their backs, then CLA is the place for you!
Nice to be able to make your own work schedule.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Parker, COAugust 25, 2015
Make your own schedule and travel to the different store locations. Competitive pay, travel time, and mileage reimbursement. Great store locations with pleasant employees.
Pros
Travel time, mileage reimbursement, own work scheduling
Cons
Not enough work/stores
company is changing and not for the better
Merchandising Rep (Former Employee) –  Parker, COMay 2, 2013
This company used to care about its reps but no longer. There is no longer any communication and the entire format of the company is changing for the worse. Management never praises for going above and beyond they just expect it. There are no raises and what ever you hire in at that's what you'll be paid years down the road. Absolutely no way to ever advance with this company, they'd rather hire outside the company. The mileage reimbursement doesn't even come close to paying for wear and tear on the car. I used to love the flexibility of this job and working with people who love animals. It no longer has any flexibility and is not worth what they're paying me. They are now demanding that employees must purchase an expensive tablet at our own expense with very minimal reimbursement in order to continue working with the company. It's now very difficult to balance work and home life with the new demands.
Pros
working with people who love animals
Cons
no raises, no more flexibility, requiring reps to purchase expensive electronic equipment with very minimal reimbursement
Fun Easy-going Company
Pet Nutritional Consultant - New Mexico (Former Employee) –  Alamogordo, NMJuly 17, 2015
I really enjoyed working for CLA even thought it was a very part time and short term position. If I lived in a larger area there would probably be more opportunities to be with them longer but at this time there are not many jobs available. The training videos really set the stage for what my work experience would be like with the company, It was fun and informative. I enjoyed working with the people in the store and meeting all of the new customers that would come through with their furry babies. Who doesn't love a job that involves the opportunity to snuggle and pet loving cats and dogs!
Pros
Easy, Fun, Informative, Great Pay
Cons
Not enough hours
Run dont walk away from this company
RSA (Current Employee) –  Parker ,CoMay 5, 2013
Owner and upper management dont care about anyone but themselves. Low wages, little to no mileage reimbursement, no raises and reduced hours for field reps. Makes reps use personal equipment for job including camera and niw a tablet. constant lies from management.
Cons
too many to mention
Flexible Schedule
Retail Sales Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Watertown areaOctober 30, 2012
Hardest part of the job is waiting for additional hours to be given to you. I went from part-time to full-time to part-time to intermittent. It is not easy to go from 45 hours per week to maybe 5 hours per week. I had to get several other jobs.
Pros
get to play with other people's pets, good coupons for pet food
Cons
cannot count on hours, promotions are not forthcoming, no payraises.
Companies change, and this one has.
Event Sales (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILMarch 9, 2013
Company announced changes of their business model. Forcing their field workforce into weekend only work and requiring them to purchase a $400 piece of tech equipment to do it. Tablets will be required sometime this year. Management has finally lost complete touch with their employees in the field. Hourly rate is and has always been a little more than most companies of this kind pay. Recently gave the service reps a different lower rate that they are compensating driving between stores and will soon be eliminating the need to pay mileage all together. Little or no assistance from district manager while have a problem in the field and lack of communication is alltime worse.
Pros
working in pet stores and selling to people with pets can be lots of fun.
Cons
need to supply the company with ipad, home computer, printer, digital camera with very little or no reimbursement. top hr person is curt, rude and non responsive alot of the time. while other hr people appear to be stressed out, but polite. the top management has become something i personally would not be proud of being.
boring
dog food nutritionalist (Current Employee) –  Litchfield, ILMay 29, 2015
i was not only bored but i felt like i was a bother and pushing customers into buying purina dog food it just wasnt a positive experiance for me.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
boring and i felt i was a bother to customers
Wonderful work place
Key Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Parker, COJanuary 13, 2015
Great workplace with good work culture. It has a family atmosphere.
Pros
wonderful people, bring pets to work
Cons
part time work
A fun and challenging part time job
Retail Sales Associate/Reset Specialist (Former Employee) –  Parker, COAugust 7, 2012
Good work, can be physical, lots of public interaction, good mileage reimbursement, all travel paid for.
Pros
very flexible company, if there is work they keep you busy
Cons
only part time, not much advancement, pay stays the same
Great for Stay at Home parents or students
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Parker, COJanuary 7, 2014
This job is perfect for those who like to be home for their children during the week days or those students who have to go to school. Flexible hours, good pay and also comes with health benefits!
Pros
health benefits, good pay
Cons
can have some down time
Reached the top of the mountain..now falling off Pikes Peak
RSA (Retail Service Associate) (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 16, 2013
The work is fun and customers and employees in the Pet stores are friendly. Hourly pay is good, but mileage does not cover the gas and wear and tear the job puts on your car. There is a rumor that associates will be required to purchase an ipad by June but the office newsletter said associates are being encouraged to purchase a tablet. Communication like this is common and confusing to me. I really like the job as it is and has been, but looks like the weekday only work-week will soon be changing to weekends. The most enjoyable part of this job is the real work in the stores.The company website is not user friendly and when that is the only "help" option available at the moment to a person working from home it is VERY frustrating. Once again, the actual work is the best part of the job.
Pros
working in pet stores is alot of fun, customers and employees are very friendly.
Cons
poor communication, prozac-like changes, company-employee disconnect
Company treats associates very well.
District Manager/ New Store Set-up Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Parker, COJanuary 24, 2013
CLA treats it employees very well and has very competetive wages and an overall great orginization to work for with very competitive wages.
Pros
wages
Cons
hours
Fun job limited hours
Weekend Rep Northern CA (Former Employee) –  Napa CAMarch 1, 2013
Fun job weekends only so nice if you just need a small income. Some jobs require you to have an I pad at your own cost that can be frustrating. Management is friendly and quick to help.
Pros
easy, fun
Cons
having to own an i pad
Simple work!
Field Representative/ Demo Specialist (Current Employee) –  Southern CaliforniaApril 29, 2014
Great Employer! flexible schedule, Friendly and helpful management! Its all around fun job
Pros
everything
A great job for a college kid
Vender (Current Employee) –  New JerseyJanuary 25, 2014
The job was great. My manager was very sweet, and I made my own hours. The hourly rate was the best I ever made, considering most of the time on the floor you are doing nothing or helping customers on items that aren't even what you're selling. I never really had a problem with anyone or anything while working, or if I did, it isn't "an actual issue" worth bringing up.
Pros
making your own work schedule, high hourly pay, very little work
Cons
can only work weekends
Well established company
Assisted Selling Representative (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 28, 2014
Most interesting aspect of this position is the variety of people you get to interact with while performing your job and its responsibilities while going from location to location
Pros
flexible schedules
Cons
infrequent work schedules
Amazing job.
Pet nutritionist (Current Employee) –  I travel all over. Okemos, Lansing,Howell.March 4, 2014
I love this job,I intend to keep it for the weekends forever. A day at work involves educating people about Purina Proplan. I talk to a lot of people each day.I see a lot of animals each day.I love it. I have learned so much just by working for this company.
Travel with pets and people
Animal Nutrition Consultant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GeorgiaJuly 6, 2014
I work with pets and their parents to find the perfect products for their needs. At this job you don't really get to meet many people from CLA but you build relationships with store staff.
Pros
you get pets and their parents.
Cons
hard to advance.
great job if you can deal with people, very little hours to speak of though
Brand ambassador (Current Employee) –  cincinnati ohioJuly 8, 2014
Demonstration of products to the public, which can be tiring at times obviously. but it can be a very fun job for which you are paid rather well for.

2.5