Chukchansi Gold Resort & Casino

Chukchansi Gold Resort & Casino Employer Reviews

The casino was an awesome place to work; However, it experienced some issues that caused the property to close until further notice.
Public Relations/Information Officer (Current Employee), Coarsegold, CAOctober 16, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: management
My day to day duties include working hand in hand with the Director of Marketing as well as the Advertising Team. I work with local nonprofits with partnership opportunities. Our office assures that local organizations are receiving in kind and monetary opportunities. My day-to-day output as noted on my resume reflects a high level of management, overseeing – more... a multi million dollar budget, motivation, efficiency, and ability to meet any objective. My strong belief in teamwork and customer satisfaction has helped to increased customer satisfaction in my past positions.
I am accustomed to a fast-paced environment where deadlines are a priority and handling multiple jobs simultaneously is a requirement. I enjoy a challenge and work hard to attain my goals. Constant communication with all levels of management has strengthened my interpersonal skills. My job experience and education is my most precious commodity and it would be an honor to have the opportunity to display my talents and work ethics I a professional setting.
I have learned that working in an Indian Casino for the past 11 years requires some tough skin. One must be able to be a self starter and motivator as well as work well in a team environment. The most difficult part of my day is the 45 minute commute. The most enjoyable part of my job is the employees at the casino. Because I have been there since we opened in 2003 I have grown to think of my fellow employees as family. I will miss them very much, yet I look forward to spending time with them outside of work. – less
Fun energetic work environment
Manager, Public Relations (Former Employee), Coarsegold, CAMarch 26, 2014
Responsible for development and implementation of all company public relations campaigns, segment concepts and general promotions of the casino. Directed successful, result-oriented campaigns garnering numerous impressions in all media formats. Managed all crisis situations involving casino with media, including distribution of talking points and media – more... training for necessary team members. Responsible for coordination, organization and management of local and national media while on property. Scheduled and planned media events to promote the casino in a positive way to its community. Directed giving programs for improving our community relations. Handled all customer complaints and disputes directly related to venues. Analyzed and adjusted media outreach based on the statistical success of each campaign effort. – less
Good fun environment
Hostess and Bus Person (Former Employee), Coarsegold, CAJanuary 12, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: restaurant closed down
Lots of customers, so very busy days. The casino is properly staffed so it was not hard at all. The management there was great, and it was sad when the restaurant I was working at closed down and we all got laid off.
Great company to work for .
Special Events Coordinator (Former Employee), Coarsegold, CAAugust 20, 2013
Pros: great co-workers, job advancement, and great benefits
Cons: the drive up and down 41 everyday
Chukchansi Gold has a lot to offer as a company. Its a very fast pace work place and theres always something going on and changing. Chukchansi takes pride in their work staff and continues to provide a fun entertainment atmosphere for their employees.
Awesome organization to work for!
Revenue Auditor (Former Employee), Coarsegold, CAMay 22, 2013
I'm not sure you will find an organization that offers incredible benefits and pay. It was difficult to leave this employer and move to the East Coast.
you gain experience
Bartender (Former Employee), Coarsegold, CAFebruary 26, 2013
Pros: free lunch and benefits
Cons: you have to commute
this is where i learned to do anything in a restaurant. i learned to bartend and serve tables here. you have the opportunity to move in any department you want.
Fast Paced Environment
Hostess/Cashier/Room Service (Former Employee), Coarsegold, CANovember 20, 2012
Pros: free meals, great staff and good benefits.
Cons: the commute
A typical day included counting in my cash drawer of 1750.00 monitoring customer to make sure they were comfortly accomadated.
I learned the majority of my Customer Service skills at this job.
Management was very tentive and really professional.
My co-workers had great cordinating communication skills
The hardest part of this job was the noise. (You – more... quickly adapt)
The best part of that job was the live environment. – less
Not to shabby
Security Corporal/ EMT (Former Employee), Coarsegold, CAOctober 26, 2012
Pros: fun and good people
Cons: unfortunately indian casinos aren't to fair.
The employees are great people, you meet all sorts of new types of people everyday, and you learn a lot about the Casino life. Down time is kind of hard to handle though.