Chukchansi Gold Resort & Casino Employee Reviews

Very busy and crazy most days
Slot Technician II (Former Employee) –  Coarsegold, CAJuly 11, 2017
Easy to keep busy, which makes the day go by quick. Dealing with customers is the worst part of the job on most days. It is a casino and they do drink and spend lots of money. Most are good and behave but the ones that do not really will have a go at you.
Don't care for the employees
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  711 Lucky lane coarsegold caJuly 1, 2017
I was forced to quit because my dad was given a week to live in the hospital and they refused to give me time off to be with him. They don't care for you're safety too.
Pros
Health insurance
Cons
Pay, Management
No accountability
Administrative (Former Employee) –  Coarsegold, CAJune 16, 2017
I really enjoyed working with the people there. I enjoyed my job and had a great balance. The problem was I tried to hold people accountable and then soon thereafter found myself unemployed instead of the people who don't want to work, take advantage of the system, and have horrible guest service skill. When they let me go they didn't even have a reason. Literally I was told "I don't know why. I got a call to let you go today."
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Horrible management
Busy
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Coarsegold, CAOctober 30, 2016
The workload on weekends was extremely busy but in the Spa that is what we needed. Co-workers were great. The hardest part of the job was trying to explain why we could not perform massages on some guests. Most enjoyable is being able to help guest.
Cons
If you are not full-time, no benefits.
love this place
Chukchansi Interim Security Corporal (Former Employee) –  Coarsegold, CAJuly 13, 2016
the environment is great! great working people and i would love to return to work for this company. Everyone is treated with respect and professionalism.
Not fair.
Payroll Clerk (Former Employee) –  Coarsegold, CAJune 16, 2016
Unfortunately, They have poorly trained managers and they are very unfair to non tribal employee's. Some departments have better Management than others so be careful which Dept you work for.. I worked for 2 departments and I have to say I would not recommend this place for employment or gambling.. Sorry it left a very unprofessional memory...
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Bad manager.
Fun and exciting place to work, lots of room for growth
Beverage Server (Current Employee) –  Coarsegold, CAMarch 16, 2016
A typical day at work for me would be serving beverages and alcoholic beverages to guests in a timely manner. Make sure guests have proof of proper identification and are of age to consume alcohol. Management there are really great, they stick up for us 100%. Co-workers are easy to get along with. The hardest part about the job is always having to shift bid, therefore our schedule and our shifts are always changing. Most enjoyable part of my job is the guest interaction and meeting new people.
Great place to work at.
Senior Network Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Coarsegold, CAOctober 20, 2015
Fun workplace with supportive management. Gaming industry is new to me but working in this environment has provided an eye opening experience. Team is very supportive and able to carry out any request from management.
energetic atmosphere
FOOD & BEVERAGE SERVER (Former Employee) –  Coarsegold Ca.June 15, 2015
It was very fast paced. I enjoyed interacting with the guest. Me and my team members worked well together. Management was very helpful. Overall, It was a great place to work.
Pros
Free lunches, Benefits
Cons
the casino closed
Gaming industry is exciting, everyday is different
Interim Director of Security (Current Employee) –  Coarsegold, CAJune 11, 2015
On Call and available 24 hours a day 7 days a week
Review incident reports
Meet with staff
Discuss any issues (internal or external guest issues)
Resolve issues
Develop 5 or 15 minute trainings
Provided need to know information to the chain of command
Pros
Benefits package, eveyday is exciting, learning something new
Cons

Want to know more about Chukchansi Gold Resort & Casino?

Ask a question
Nice place to work.
Uniform Manager (Former Employee) –  Coarsegold, CAApril 21, 2015
Ordered supplies and garments. Learned a great deal of what a Casino requires their employees to wear while working with the guests.

Great co-workers. I enjoyed all aspects of my job.
fun workplace enjoyed working with all the employee's.
Security Officer II (Former Employee) –  Coarsegold, CAApril 13, 2015
Four 10 years I enjoyed working at Chukchansi Gold & Resort Casino. I loved coming to work everyday no matter what shift I was on or how much overtime I was working. If I had problem I could always talk to Management. When I first started working Security for Chukchansi I did not know how to write incident reports, multitask telephone, and interact with guests properly. All Security staff were trained by some of the best Supervisors I ever had. The most difficult thing about working Security was when we had co-workers calling out sick and trying to get all our tasks completed with a short staff. Other than co-workers calling out I did not mind getting yelled at by guests, vendors or other employee's. I enjoyed doing my job I miss all my co-workers everybody was like family.
Pros
Free lunch great team members.
Cons
benefits, personal time off with pay
Fun workplace environment
slots (Former Employee) –  Coarsegold, CAMarch 9, 2015
Great place to work, great loyal customers and some rude like everywhere. Fun place to work at. Love working there when the casino was open.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
we got shut down due to tribal factions fighting inside the casino
good place to work
Slot Floor Person (Former Employee) –  Coarsegold, CAFebruary 18, 2015
the job is easy mostly socializing and interacting with guests. Great co-workers made lots of long lasting friendships. weekend were fast paced lots of people. Made decent tips. only downsides was bad management and some supervisors. Also the drive to and home from work.
Pros
Decent tips. Great co-workers
Cons
Management sucks
enjoyed serving the guests & the work
Line cook, Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Coarsegold, CAJanuary 20, 2015
added to my knowledge & experience preparing food, also, improved my supervisory skills.as with any large business there were 100's of really good people working there.management was inconsistent.hardest part of the job was handling the business volume in addition to the in-house drama as reported in newspapers.most enjoyable part was to work with some wonderful people & to serve some even more wonderful people
Pros
great benefit package & good wages
Cons
news-making drama
Great work culture
Inventory Control Manager (Former Employee) –  Coarsegold, CAJanuary 20, 2015
The culture of the company from the top down was truly the Gold Standard for the industry in this market area.
Pros
Free lunch, tuition assistance, 401k, healthcare
Cons
It seemed that some of the management lost the vision
Fun work place
Cage Cashier (Former Employee) –  Coarsegold, CAOctober 22, 2014
8hr shifts sometimes overtime when needed. Stand for long hours, dealing with rude customers was the hardest, but nothing I couldn't handle. Great workplace....
The casino was an awesome place to work; However, it experienced some issues that caused the property to close until further notice.
Public Relations/Information Officer (Current Employee) –  Coarsegold, CAOctober 16, 2014
My day to day duties include working hand in hand with the Director of Marketing as well as the Advertising Team. I work with local nonprofits with partnership opportunities. Our office assures that local organizations are receiving in kind and monetary opportunities. My day-to-day output as noted on my resume reflects a high level of management, overseeing a multi million dollar budget, motivation, efficiency, and ability to meet any objective. My strong belief in teamwork and customer satisfaction has helped to increased customer satisfaction in my past positions.
I am accustomed to a fast-paced environment where deadlines are a priority and handling multiple jobs simultaneously is a requirement. I enjoy a challenge and work hard to attain my goals. Constant communication with all levels of management has strengthened my interpersonal skills. My job experience and education is my most precious commodity and it would be an honor to have the opportunity to display my talents and work ethics I a professional setting.
I have learned that working in an Indian Casino for the past 11 years requires some tough skin. One must be able to be a self starter and motivator as well as work well in a team environment. The most difficult part of my day is the 45 minute commute. The most enjoyable part of my job is the employees at the casino. Because I have been there since we opened in 2003 I have grown to think of my fellow employees as family. I will miss them very much, yet I look forward to spending time with them outside of work.
Pros
Free Lunches
Fun energetic work environment
Manager, Public Relations (Former Employee) –  Coarsegold, CAMarch 26, 2014
Responsible for development and implementation of all company public relations campaigns, segment concepts and general promotions of the casino. Directed successful, result-oriented campaigns garnering numerous impressions in all media formats. Managed all crisis situations involving casino with media, including distribution of talking points and media training for necessary team members. Responsible for coordination, organization and management of local and national media while on property. Scheduled and planned media events to promote the casino in a positive way to its community. Directed giving programs for improving our community relations. Handled all customer complaints and disputes directly related to venues. Analyzed and adjusted media outreach based on the statistical success of each campaign effort.
Good fun environment
Hostess and Bus Person (Former Employee) –  Coarsegold, CAJanuary 12, 2014
Lots of customers, so very busy days. The casino is properly staffed so it was not hard at all. The management there was great, and it was sad when the restaurant I was working at closed down and we all got laid off.
benefits
Cons
Restaurant closed down